• Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Faeblight went kablooie. O.o

Aurin on
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you guys don't want to come to Sunrest just say so. No need to crash our whole server :(

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    One more question for you guys (sorry). Is there a way to assign the second horizontal ability toolbar to a key? I was kind of hoping ctrl + # would work, but it seems that's not that case.

Thought I read in the patch notes it was shift +# but I'm not very good at the readin.

p.s. Harr, thanks for over healing my Rogue butt through DSM

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    done with the world event quest that starts in RD.

That was fun.

Also carebear whining about being called a carebear.

luls were had this day.
    'underemployed' Rift player trying to flex his muscles.

lulz were had this day.

So is the patch any good? I saw there was a lot of class changes, warriors swimming in a sea of tears now?

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wouldn't "quake kiddies" be the carebear opposite? Or is the reference too dated now.

Personally I think mocking people who don't enjoy PvP is a bit childish, but I've long made peace with the fact that a lot of people don't understand that some people find different things fun than they do.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    done with the world event quest that starts in RD.

That was fun.

Also carebear whining about being called a carebear.

luls were had this day.

OMG, when did the PA forums merge with the official game forums?

Ender on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yep, a guy is an asshole about which server type you prefer. Obviously, the solution is to turn to real life attacks. No, wait. The solution is to not be an even bigger asshole back and just drop it.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All I'm saying is, you're all homeless man children

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    especially harrower

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yep, a guy is an asshole about which server type you prefer. Obviously, the solution is to turn to real life attacks. No, wait. The solution is to not be an even bigger asshole back and just drop it.

I don't even see how carebear is a derogatory term. I find it endearing. Even back in The Realm no one took much offense to being called a carebear. I am not sure why, here on the PA forums, calling someone a loveable bear figure is cause for murder.

Shens on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey, any Six Mouths officers that happen to read this. Next time you log on, please put points into the passive guild perks again (they reset it for whatever reason).

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I resubbed after not having played since 1.1 came out. Starting over as a new character, and I think I will go for Sunrest if only becuase The Six Mouths is where I was last time and it is still a super cool guild name.

Tornelco on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I did just re-sub. It'd be awesome to join said Six Mouths. But it looks like there's some upheaval. It's OK, I totally forgot the game twixt then and now so I'm still working out what I want to play. It's looking like mage I think.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I'm having a weird issue, wondering if anyone else is experiencing it since the patch.

When I go to cast something, or gather, or anything with any kind of countdown, I get interrupted.

Not every time, but once every fifth time or so.

Some of the things I've had interrupted: Cadence, Mining, Foraging, grabbing artifacts, and /exit.

Cadence is the really harsh part, because that can really mess up my ability to play.

Anyone else having issues since the patch?

Khildith on
  • Options
    norealnoreal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Had it happen to me a few times using objects, but I'm also moderately laggy most of the time thanks to this amazing South Georgia internet connection so I assumed it was because I hadn't stopped moving on the server. That said, it was especially frequent today, so maybe there's more to it than that?

noreal on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just heard about the opening events. I swear to god if I missed these ones because of my oceanic time zone like I missed the River of Souls events I am going to be pissed as hell.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just want to drop some knowledge,
    The hidden cache quests appear to not be completely active, on the forums I read they said that the caches appeared in another phase, while you could get the items that triggered the quests in phase I

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?213322-New-Clothing-Vendors/page4

^ has some information on the new wardrobe items, Someone posted an image of the mathosian gear, and the shimmersand items drop from akala rifts and invasion events

Retaba on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey Dark, just to ease your worries.

The phases are each going to take a few days each, so you wont be in fear of missing it because you oculdnt log on at x hour. They are specifically doing it to prevent the River of Tears fiasco.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm thinking Warden to round it out with healing.

I'm still terrible at picking talents and knowing what to attack with. Tips are always welcome.

What level are you? With Justicar and Inquistor, all your healing will be passive, but you'll have emergency heals in Justicar if you need them.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, what's with the new Chloro changes? Lifebound is the new Lifegiving? Is it more of a AoE heal vs. MT heal now that Synth is tied to Lifebound?

I wonder if this means swapping between veils depending on the fight...

Neurotika on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ironzerg wrote: »
    I'm thinking Warden to round it out with healing.

I'm still terrible at picking talents and knowing what to attack with. Tips are always welcome.

What level are you? With Justicar and Inquistor, all your healing will be passive, but you'll have emergency heals in Justicar if you need them.

My build at 50 is this. Works well enough for me, haven't had trouble up through t2s so. The 3 points in Unholy Tutelage can go wherever, I just put them there because nothing else in the others really appealed much to me as much as an additional 12% spell power on Sanction and Vex. I think I actually have two of them in imp Soul Drain for the bonus spell damage.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, what's with the new Chloro changes? Lifebound is the new Lifegiving? Is it more of a AoE heal vs. MT heal now that Synth is tied to Lifebound?

It does and it works out quiet well.

Take Cycolorax(sp) in CCx. While the tank is up close, the group isnt taking that much damage. But when the tank retreats from the AoE, the spears and lightening fences start and you can switch to LGV and get in some solid group healing. Also used it quite a bit during a raid rift where tanks were switching between adds and it helped to be able to focus heal one and then the other and then raid heals when one of the bosses multiplied.

Although I've heard some complaints, I've successfully healed t2s solo as a 1.3 chloro. The difference is that now it is not longer easy mode and it requires a lot more coordination to get through. APx was especially painful because we had a shitty tank who didnt know how to position the fights. We wiped like four times on majolic before I got lucky enough with jumping around and getting LoS on people that we didnt fail

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Take Cycolorax(sp) in CCx. While the tank is up close, the group isnt taking that much damage. But when the tank retreats from the AoE, the spears and lightening fences start and you can switch to LGV and get in some solid group healing. Also used it quite a bit during a raid rift where tanks were switching between adds and it helped to be able to focus heal one and then the other and then raid heals when one of the bosses multiplied.

Although I've heard some complaints, I've successfully healed t2s solo as a 1.3 chloro. The difference is that now it is not longer easy mode and it requires a lot more coordination to get through. APx was especially painful because we had a shitty tank who didnt know how to position the fights. We wiped like four times on majolic before I got lucky enough with jumping around and getting LoS on people that we didnt fail

Intresting, do you just start in Lifegiving and just hit Synthesis (to activate Lifebound) when shit hits the fan?

Or is it less reactionary than that?

Neurotika on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shens wrote: »

I don't even see how carebear is a derogatory term. I find it endearing. Even back in The Realm no one took much offense to being called a carebear. I am not sure why, here on the PA forums, calling someone a loveable bear figure is cause for murder.

It's a derogatory term because, in this instance, it's being used as a derogatory term. I don't know how the hell it makes you a better person to play pvp but that's certainly what starman is repeatedly stating.

As if we didn't have enough reasons to not move to Sunrest.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you don't like PvP then you're carebear. It is what you are. There's no denying it. Derogatory or not, it's fact.

Personally, I see nothing derogatory about it. But people are sensitive to it, as illustrated in this thread, so I choose not to use it. In that sense, I guess I'm a carebear myself. :D

Just ignore it. There are worse things to be called than carebear.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay this carebear thing is stupid as shit

People don't like getting called it, fine, but it's a video game term and getting mad at video game terms is dumb

You wanna get mad at words get mad at words that are worth it; faggot is one, carebear is not

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I dunno why they even started using the term carebears. Those bears were vicious and always attacking each other with beams of whatever from their bellies. It was all out war. Also, if you're a lvl 45+ rogue, you can spec into perma-stealth in Assassin and grab 10 points in Nightblade to stealth your way down to the bottom of Runic Descent for the world event quest there.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Okay this carebear thing is stupid as shit

People don't like getting called it, fine, but it's a video game term and getting mad at video game terms is dumb

You wanna get mad at words get mad at words that are worth it; faggot is one, carebear is not

I'm not mad at being called a carebear. I'm mad when it's used as an pointless insult in a discussion that doesn't need it. It's not, it's just a freaking adjective. There's absolutely no reason to get divisive on server preference.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Which brings us back where we started.

If you enjoy PvP, rollup/move to Sunrest.
    If you don't enjoy PvP, rollup/move to Faeblight.

I mean, the numbers show half of the Faeblight guys will never move. So combining guilds on Sunrest is out. On the flip side, nearly half of the Sunrest guys only want to move if everyone does, so unless people start bailing and it dominoes, we're likely not combining on Faeblight, either. The PvP vs PvE thing is too deeply entrenched, and I think both guilds were looking at this all along as a way to get the other to come boost their numbers, not from the point of view of moving their guild somewhere else.

Level 22 newbie, ymmv, etc.

Houn on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I messaged Trion and they sadly don't offer transfers between Eu and NA :(

So I guys I'll try to play my Mage on Sunrest and level him. Which will take some time, haha.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Houn wrote: »
    I mean, the numbers show half of the Faeblight guys will never move. So combining guilds on Sunrest is out. On the flip side, nearly half of the Sunrest guys only want to move if everyone does, so unless people start bailing and it dominoes, we're likely not combining on Faeblight, either. The PvP vs PvE thing is too deeply entrenched, and I think both guilds were looking at this all along as a way to get the other to come boost their numbers, not from the point of view of moving their guild somewhere else.

I specifically said this earlier. The only way a merger would ever work is if sunrest were to move because the Faeblight guys never would.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    If you don't like PvP then you're carebear. It is what you are. There's no denying it. Derogatory or not, it's fact.

Personally, I see nothing derogatory about it. But people are sensitive to it, as illustrated in this thread, so I choose not to use it. In that sense, I guess I'm a carebear myself. :D

Just ignore it. There are worse things to be called than carebear.

What? This is like saying "if you're homosexual then you're a faggot. It is what you are. No denying it."

That is a pretty ludicrous post. I've always been big on PvP in every MMO I've played going back to Ultima Online (Sullon Zek in EQ, DAoC, WoW etc) but the open world PvP in Rift happens to be worthless. Choosing a PvE server doesn't make anyone a "carebear" (which is a nicer way of just calling them pussies) as these players can enjoy PvP just like everyone else by queueing for warfronts. Dealing with assassins ganking you when you're trying to level or a giant outnumbering force shitting on your rift you were almost done with doesn't make you some seasoned hardass that can run around acting like a douchebag on the forums.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

I specifically said this earlier. The only way a merger would ever work is if sunrest were to move because the Faeblight guys never would.

Not true. You just need enough people to move from Faeblight and maybe half will be enough.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Not true. You just need enough people to move from Faeblight and maybe half will be enough.

Not true.

I know I would join another guild or just unsub before I went to a PVP server.

Period.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay so the result is: Most people are going to stay where they are, those who do decide to switch will have no problem finding a home with the other guild (unless one guild suffers a sudden and deathly exodus)

That seems pretty simple

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Intresting, do you just start in Lifegiving and just hit Synthesis (to activate Lifebound) when shit hits the fan?

Or is it less reactionary than that?

yes, casting Synth will automatically switch you from LGV to LBV (Which I think is great). Then if you're at a point where the MT healing portion is over, tap LGV. I do not THINK it removes synth because I think I remember using empathetic bond after switching to LGV, but when I want to switch back I usually recast synth rather than just tapping LBV.

And yes, using the term carebear in this game is sort of facetious. Its not like in UO where carebears literally strangled the original game to death. Its just a way to bust jokes and goad people. While I feel the consensual nature of PvP on PvE servers takes away a lot of the fun and rivalry of the game, I was mostly interested in getting the folks who would consider switching to at least give sunrest a try because we are the more active guild. And besides, I call people a lot worse than carebear in group/guild/50, so we probably wouldn't get along in game anyway!

TSM and the server as a whole did experience a boost in membership. Its funny, after all of the sunrest's guys talk of "not that much pvp anyway," yesterday was crazy. For several hours after the server came up after the patch, it was an all out warzone in Zareph's return and the area of shimmerstand where the eggs spawn. I think one of my biggest complaints about fit is that I just don't like how the swimming feels.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only thing I hate about the PvP server really is rogues. I mean, I hate when I get ganked by anyone, but for some reason the only time it actually angers me is when it's a rogue. Especially those piece of shit Rank 6 rogues rollin in full PvP gear killing me in my barely T2 level gear, pve specced. Honestly, and this is coming from someone that played a rogue in WoW, if you play a rogue in Rift there is a 97.89% chance that you are a worthless piece of shit that can only derive fun from fucking over other people.

Also, got two server firsts yesterday via the new artifacts. That made me happy.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The whole transfer thing is moot. Faeblight is currently not an option any longer.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
This discussion has been closed.