As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    banker you can summon, and a tabard I think?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    is the sa guild on gnarlewood? can i play dis on mac I just got one of those and if thats the case I can probably hop on a bit more.

I'm going to be so pooooooor

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    is the sa guild on gnarlewood? can i play dis on mac I just got one of those and if thats the case I can probably hop on a bit more.

I'm going to be so pooooooor

Gonna need the specs on the Mac, I ran Rift on my Macbook Pro until I got my new PC in October.

Also, the SA guild is on Deepwood.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    i just have the base model 15 inch macbook pro

2.2ghz i7 I think and the radeon graphics card thing

If I don't have an account on SA how likely are they to accept people, and do they even need rogues?

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    monster plays on a mac using something called CrossOver Games which seems to be the only real way to do it, and it runs pretty well with some weird visual bugs

and i don't think they accept non-account holders, that seems to be the general policy for SA things

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    monster plays on a mac using something called CrossOver Games which seems to be the only real way to do it, and it runs pretty well with some weird visual bugs

and i don't think they accept non-account holders, that seems to be the general policy for SA things

non-account holders can get sponsored in in most games

• Options
    gonna kill dark tide tomorrow

or at least make it all the way past the adds/rift phase and actually start wiping on inwar

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Fandyien wrote: »

alternatively, get a copy of Win7 and run things for real. That's what I do and it works well.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hooray I came up with a dps spec that is putting out dummy dps comparable to pyro/lock off of bluedots (self buffs only)

gonna play with it some more and see if moving some points will put it over the top

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    coming in the future: a giant city-zone! im willing to bet its the Eth city, cause its like right next to the Droughtlands

also coming: a mentor system.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I have two characters that I'm enjoying.
    I have a 23 rogue and a level 18 mage. Can anyone recommend good talent specializations for me? I'm pretty much just questing by myself, since I can't find anyone to play with.

• Options
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    coming in the future: a giant city-zone! im willing to bet its the Eth city, cause its like right next to the Droughtlands

also coming: a mentor system.

whats a mentor system

also the eth city could be cool

not least of all because I hate seeing that big grey area on the map

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Man, I want to help out on Darktide, but I also want to Mass Effect my face off...

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Malkor wrote: »
    Man, I want to help out on Darktide, but I also want to Mass Effect my face off...

yeah, SA is starting HK on wednesday but there's so much ME3 going on i can guarantee i wont be on Rift for about 2 weeks probably

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Malkor wrote: »

well ME3 wont unlock until midnight so I figure I'm fine

I predict rift being slain like a mighty beast for the next week or two

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think I enjoy Rift as much as I should.
    I'm running around Gloamwood trying to close rifts and do some quests but I don't really think I understand what talents I should take, and what skills I should be using.
    That and I was curious about getting some planarite gear to upgrade some of the greens I was using and they're so expensive.
    Help me enjoy this game. :(

• Options
    edited March 2012
    dont grind out planarite for gear, it's nice gear but the grind isnt worth it when you could be gaining levels

keep at least one spec alternate to your dps spec so you can queue for dungeons faster, what class are you

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Playing my rogue at the moment. Not sure if I should be stabbing people or shooting them. Or playing wicked guitar solos at them.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    marks and ranger go great together, keep one spec where you put as many points into bard as possible (lets you queue as support in addition to dps)

rift stalker / blade dancer / assassin makes for a good levelling spec, I dont have the point spreads off the top of my head

you can pretty much get away with any combination of souls and make decent progress, but you'll find the difference between three souls with cool names and three souls that work well together is night and day

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    also inwar down, dropped an axe, a sick nasty caster trinket and something else

lightforce won the trinket

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    What about warriors? I noticed there's a pet tree, which is interesting. I tried looking on the official forums, but I couldn't find anything understandable.

• Options
    Warriors' Beastmaster spec is not good, but might be buffed in the next patch. The way the game works right now is that you get your biggest damage increase from your weapons. And since the weapons with the highest dps are two-handed, you'll want one of those. But if you're just out to have fun, try to make a spec that has a mix of a few things. Beastmaster might not be the tops in raid environments, but the self-heals plus tanking the pet offers can be helpful.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    beastmaster can be a solid if slow for leveling, its damage output isnt crazy but like malkor said it's got useful tools, doubly so since warriors are the only class without a self heal while leveling, so beastmaster can save you some time spent sitting on the ground drinking like a lush

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I usually only see scrubs running beastmaster, so there's that. I leveled to 50 with a Champion, and Champion is where its at, to me.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I see.

• Options
    If you're a champion, its only one weapon you need to upgrade all the damn time. Also, you get to flyyyyyyyy at enemies from far away.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    is this fancy new city supposed to be crossfaction?

i'm particularly happy to hear this because lordy do i hate meridian

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    No, i mean the zone is a giant city. There may be Defiant/Guardian sides maybe, but there are monsters all through the city and stuff.

I imagine this will have something to do with the persistent world PVP that they're trying to bring in, like the old "ancient wardstones" idea, only not obtuse and dumb. Defiants take a part of the city and gain access to its resources, like specialized crafting or something. I dunno.

I seriously think it'll be the homeland of the Eth, filled with magitek and all that. There's some neat enemy designs in this here video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDzP45Uo64&feature=player_embedded

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    only scrub is asra

• Options
    nice name change mr pooping

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I hope 1.8 brings out some new mages single tagret dps specs

fireballs are cool but I've thrown millions of them by now

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    also I watched that video hoodie posted

laethys looks pretty cool

the designs trion has used for the dragon god world eater things have all been really good so far, instead of WoW's 5 shades of onyxia

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    does anybody know around what stats a cleric purifier should have before i start my first raids. Grinded a bunch of Experts and have most of the t1 plaque gear that is an improvement. Just don't know when i'm ready for a raid. Also which raids should i do first?

• Options
    does anybody know around what stats a cleric purifier should have before i start my first raids. Grinded a bunch of Experts and have most of the t1 plaque gear that is an improvement. Just don't know when i'm ready for a raid. Also which raids should i do first?

All you really need is ~1000sp to heal stuff, but it's really more about skill then gear for cleric healers in a raid context

also do GP/DH, then GSB/ROS

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    You could probably be helpful in all raids considering the way stats were changed in 1.7. As long as you have your 200 focus, hop in some of them. The hardest parts should literally be people paying attention to random raid stuff.

• Options
    All it takes is a couple tries on each boss to have the mechanics downpat.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Also, SA went into HK last night and downed the first 4 bosses. There are some good players in the group, I think.

@hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    how long does it take to down 4 bosses? Or are the bosses just so incrementally hard that they couldn't get past that

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, there are 11 bosses in HK, and HK is huge. The bosses also have trash mobs between them, so that can get tedious. At its fastest, I think The Endless Court (the guild PA was absorbed into) is able to do about 6 in the first night, and that's with an experienced team.

SA had 9 people who'd never been in HK before last night. They did really really well. They got Murdantix, Matron, Sicaron, and Zilas. The downtime between the first three bosses there is low, but getting to Zilas is a pain due to really tough trash pulls. And for 9 noobs to get Zilas down after only something like 2 or 3 wipes, that's pretty incredible. We were wiping on him consistently for a month, and that's the same people basically every night.

I no longer think Warlee was a good tank.

edit: oh yeah, they one-shotted Murd, Mat, and Sic.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    what is the usual party makeup for running raids?

This discussion has been closed.