Options

The "FREE to a good home" Thread

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Edit: What's the cheapest way to ship media right now?

First class for games. For all else you can use media mail (movies, music, etc.). If you order boxes online, the USPS has padded envelopes for priority mail that are nice (but of course you have to ship them priority).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    PS2 Games
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits <- Shipped
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty <- Shipped/Received
    Xenosaga: Episode 1 <- Shipped/Received
    Boogie (no mic)

Cheapest shipping gets priority (Ontario). Not that I expect these to fly off my shelf but I can't afford to pay $20 shipping for a $2 game.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well the only N64 games I found last night were: NBA Hangtime and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. I'll keep looking but those are it so far. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm in Ontario and I would gladly take MGS 2 off your hands if you would be so generous :o

I probably have some games lying around to

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm in Ontario and I would gladly take MGS 2 off your hands if you would be so generous :o

I probably have some games lying around to
    PM me an address :)

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know that people are primarily giving away games, but would anyone be interested in some DVDs and books as well?

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    I have like a billion DVDs to get rid of but I can't really afford shipping things right now.

But to make up for that, I do have a code for a download of Red Faction Battlegrounds on Xbox Live that I'm 75 percent certain still works if anyone wants it.

To discourage future PMs, a forumer got the code already folks.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I know that people are primarily giving away games, but would anyone be interested in some DVDs and books as well?

I imagine some folks would be. The OP started with some DVDs after all.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Anyone in need of one of these?:
    resizesq500uid205129260.jpg
    Free to anywhere in the UK, else we'll talk about postage.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have like a billion DVDs to get rid of but I can't really afford shipping things right now.

But to make up for that, I do have a code for a download of Red Faction Battlegrounds on Xbox Live that I'm 75 percent certain still works if anyone wants it.

To discourage future PMs, a forumer got the code already folks.

Ah dammit, I was just about to shoot you a PM. :P

I think I have some DVDs and old PC games that I never use. Will add them later once I make sure I can get the cheap postage.

Turkey on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Think I'll dig a few things up for this one. Great thread!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I bought the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection a few years ago because I'm a collector. I now have 2 copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 for the PS2. As much as it pains me, I know the copies of those games need a good home to be played in. So, I need to let them be free. The original copies, not the collection edition ones.

PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
    PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 3

Send me a PM and they are yours in 6 to 8 weeks. A dirty limerick would be nice too.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Anyone in need of one of these?:
    resizesq500uid205129260.jpg
    Free to anywhere in the UK, else we'll talk about postage.
    Also these Ooooold PC games:

73dl.jpeg

Tell me a (funny?) story in 200 words or more about why you deserve them. :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The only proper answer to that question is

"Just cause."

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think I have the collector's edition of the Final Fantasy XII strategy guide with art book in my closet. I'll check when I get home...

Esh on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Right, it took a while longer than expected due to nofreetime after work this entire week BUT

Riviera and MGS are in the mail!

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nobody? Alright, 50 words then. Featuring raptors, grappling hooks and helicopters on fire.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I will add to this list as I uncover more stuff that I want to get rid of, but here's what's up for grabs as of right now. If you, by chance, live in Los Angeles and want to pick this up instead of forcing me to ship it, that would be rad.

Edit: Everything is gone now. Thanks for helping me out.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ooh. I actually like a lot of that stuff but cannot in good faith force you to pay to ship me a copy of Airheads.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ooh. I actually like a lot of that stuff but cannot in good faith force you to pay to ship me a copy of Airheads.

Is Airheads the only thing you wanted?

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    LoveIsUnity - I'd like to put a claim in for Deus Ex: GOTY if no one has hit you up for it already. I've never played it.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It would probably be better if people just PM me about stuff, and I will try to keep my list up to date. Deus Ex is yours, though, Idx86.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You should send Moby Dick with Airheads simply to counteract each other.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It would probably be better if people just PM me about stuff, and I will try to keep my list up to date. Deus Ex is yours, though, Idx86.

Sounds good, PM sent. Thanks!

Cool thread. I feel compelled to find a thing or two to send into the wild as well. Will rifle through my Books/Movies/Games.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, going to take a picture when I get home tonight to put up one more batch in case someone ends up getting multiple items.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Let it be known that Senshi is an awesome person, and sent me MGS: Portable Ops for the PSP AND some Swedish chocolate!!

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    smug.gif

Senshi on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cable Giveaway!!!

So thought it was time to clear out my cables and rather than get molested by a Craigslister or choke on patchouli wafting from a Freecylcer, I decided to offer them to you.

Not gonna lie, it's a mixed bag. Everything is in good shape and as far as I know, works fine. Broke it down into categories for hopefully easier dispersal. Will describe a little more in each group, but have Network/PC, A/V, Apple, and Kensington Power.

Feel free to send a PM requesting multiple categories, but will "award" top requests first, so PM me your list with your first choice first. US only, probably sent in flat rate or something. So here goes!

NETWORK - Mix of Cat5/5e cables, mostly 3 or 6ft but a few longer in there plus a crossover, a FireWire, some USB, an RJ-11 or two, plus a VGA.
    5922987267_ef7fdda903.jpg

AUDIO/VIDEO - An assortment of older standards like S-Video, RCA, and adapter cables like RCA to 3.5mm TRRS. Several Monster cables in the mix (yeah, I know), including a Monster coax. Length varies, but most are 3 or 6ft. Again, all older standards but in good shape.
    5922987043_e792ea1edf.jpg

APPLE/IPOD - Mix of Ipod and Apple Powerbook cables, mostly several iPod dock cables, including two FireWire cables and a FW wall wort. Also some RJ-11s because they're white, and some mini-DVI adapters that work with my old 12" Powerbook. Not pictured, will send old iPod universal dock with a/v out if I find it.
    5923551202_d50ec6f403.jpg

KENSINGTON POWER - Most of you are too young to remember the 'tip' fad of electronics. We are all foolish back then, buying into the Tip Revolution, thinking we could make a difference and take down Big Converter with a universal system. We had our hair 'tipped' but our ideals lost charge. So now you can try your hand with these 'travel charger systems'.
    5923550936_3c6fbdb2e4.jpg

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Love this idea. I got a ton of "junk" in the basement I need to clean up that I'm sure would be useful to someone else. Once I get to cleaning up, I'll post it here. Lots of cables, old tech, and misc video game stuff.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, I would do anything for an iPod/iPhone cable or two! I don't need the jack that goes into the wall or a dock or anything, my cable got mangled shortly after I got my 3GS. I live in Japan though.

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The only thing I know for sure I'll be getting rid of is God of War there are others I just haven't looked very hard yet.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    Let it be known that Senshi is an awesome person, and sent me MGS: Portable Ops for the PSP AND some Swedish chocolate!!

He's double awesome. I just got Riviera in the mail yesterday and was surprised to find the best chocolate toffee bar I've ever had packed in with it. Seriously, how did you know that I love toffee?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    smug.gif

Edit: I didn't even realize that this is the exact same thing I posted when urahonky said the same thing

feelsgoodman

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Haha, seriously Senshi that chocolate was so, so good.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I like it. Swedish chocolate is actually really great if you know what brands to get. That wasn't even gourmet shit, that was like the run-of-the mill (albeit the rather good) brand.

I think I got you both the Daim variant, the one with the uh stuff mixed in, the hard toffee thing. It's one of my favorites.

Senshi on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've got an interesting one...

I AM NOT GOING TO SHIP THIS

I have one of those Demo Kiosks from Gamestop.. it's the Gamecube one. It works last time I checked. 2 controllers, gamecube, some demo disc, tv, demo tower. Heavy as shit.

If you live anywhere near Moorestown, New Jersey and you want to pick this up... PM me.

Don't feel like dealing with craigslist creepers...

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Moorestown, NJ?! That's like an hour from me! Sending PM!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Those demo kiosks were pretty cool. I still have the TV from it... have the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and SNES all hooked up to it in the computer room. :P

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Here's an odd one.

I have an extra DISC 2 of Resident Evil Remake for the Game Cube. I highly doubt anyone wants it, but I know I had a hell of a time looking for just a lone DISC 1, and ended up purchasing a whole other copy after giving up.

So if you too have been unsuccessful in your hunt for a single disc of Resident Evil Remake, today is your lucky day! If you somehow lost DISC 2 - I will send it to you, free free FREE!

I PASS THE SAVINGS ON TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten about anyone. The last few weeks have been a bit hectic. I promise I'll get your stuff to you soon.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop