As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Leona delayed, Champion Spotlight videos still dumb

1707172737476»

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wait. What. You guys think I should be reported for telling a Caitlin who was trolling us the entire game (2 kills on a fucking AD carry) while I 'Rumble Tanked' us to victory as team Yordle?

Seriously, Jesus. I didn't know I would upset all of the delicate sensibilities of the Penny Arcade G&T Forums.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Death to everyone that can't play nice.

Fellhand on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Wait. What. You guys think I should be reported for telling a Caitlin who was trolling us the entire game (2 kills on a fucking AD carry) while I 'Rumble Tanked' us to victory as team Yordle?

Seriously, Jesus. I didn't know I would upset all of the delicate sensibilities of the Penny Arcade G&T Forums.

You posted a screenshot of you having a ton of deaths, no many creep kills, and then you proceeded to shit talk like you didn't suck. You need to realise that you have literally done everything in this one screenshot that everyone hates about people playing LoL.

Fellhand on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    does ranked rating decay?

Jars on
  • KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't hate on people in LoL. I just hate them most of the time, especially the ones that are unaggressive. It always happens when I play Jarvan too, god damnit I hate them. Oh Jarvan initiated for a kill! Oh I better just sit here and wait to see what happens. Oh three people are almost dead! I guess it is my turn to rack up the kills instead of doing it while he was initiating and getting those three kills with the Jarvan (who would live).

FUCK

I want to rage all over them in chat. I just realize how pointless that is and have never done it. Nobody on the internet cares, or should care

Keysier on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    does ranked rating decay?

If you're above 1400, it'll decay ever 2? 3? weeks until it reaches 1400

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate people in lol , I hate them so much my eyes bleed with the intense hatred I stare at them through my computer screen. In all seriousness it has to be something really bad for me to actually start raging in chat though.

Edit -and in his defense she did stack IE , that's holy shit levels of stupid.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Ignore my shit talk to Caitlin, she was a little bitch and deserved all of the cancer ridden vitriol I dictated to her.

I was Vodka Gimlet.

GO TEAM YORDLE!

I think you missed the point of Rylai's on Rumble based off your boots

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fellhand wrote: »

You posted a screenshot of you having a ton of deaths, no many creep kills, and then you proceeded to shit talk like you didn't suck. You need to realise that you have literally done everything in this one screenshot that everyone hates about people playing LoL.

Do you not understand how tanks work in the game? It seems like a lot of people don't.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited July 2011
    Sometimes I hate people so hard in this game my eyeballs pop out of their sockets

I keep playing though because I'm hardcore like that

Eddy on
    edited July 2011

Do you not understand how tanks work in the game? It seems like a lot of people don't.

You mean Rumble the AP Carry? o_O

Soviet Waffle on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    do you not understand how rumble works

e: dammit waffle

interrobang on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2011

Well, looking at his comment on how he "rumble tanked"

His tanky items.

And the lack of other characters being super tanky.

I deduced that he was functioning as his teams tank.

And a successful tank can die a lot, it doesn't really matter as long as they win team fights, and the game.

So, again with my Sherlock Homes esque detective skill, I determined that his number of deaths wouldn't be as important compared to his success as a tank, which was obviously decent, since they won. Just because a character isn't described as being a tank by riot, doesn't mean they CAN'T tank, or that that character is not BEING THEIR TEAMS TANK.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Neaden wrote: »
    I think it's stupid if you report someone for saying assholish things. I mean, really, I don't care what you say, especially as long as you don't care if I get to say mean things back.

I really only report people for being leavers (and then in gratuitous situations, like when our mordekaiser died like once at level 2, told us to go fuck ourselves and quit. I mean, really? Quit after one death? Just don't play, how about that) or feeding.

One guy I was planning on reporting but didn't was an olaf who, after one death, basically said fuck it and just started jungling, didn't help us out at all, only ever fought the enemy when they ran into his jungle (and he killed them like 3 on 1)

until the very end when he couldn't even leave the base to jungle, and he joined our teamfights and helped us push to their base, and we won.

But just someone shit talking? That gets answering shit talk and my scorn, but it doesn't deserve a report unless it's coupled with something else, or it's literally all game and it impedes the play significantly.

League of Legends is a game. I enjoy playing games with people who don't act like silly geese. If you act like a silly geese you get ignored and reported in the hopes that riot bans you and the playerbase of this game will become slightly less toxic.

League of Legends is a game, which some people put a lot of effort (and sometimes money) into. Sometimes they take it too seriously, or are just jerks. A jerk might ruin a game for you by being mean spirited or shit talking. The difference is, when you finish that game, you can play again. When you report them and they get banned, can't play again, now and sometimes ever. There will always be toxic assholes out there, making it less "toxic" by one because they say mean things isn't worth taking away their ability to play the game at all, only when their actions are directly adverse to the goals of the game (rage quitting/feeding) is it worth it.

Put as many people on ignore as you want, no skin of my nose or theirs. But when you get someone banned for saying things you can ignore, in my eyes you come off the worse by comparison. I'd much rather play with 4 ragers who spit and curse at everyone else on our team as long as they remember to play the damn game, over playing with one person who reports on people who get angry and vitriolic without actually hurting the team through their play on purpose.
    Putting time and money into a game doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to people. This is a pretty simple and obvious concept to me that people like to act changes on the internet. If someone acted like this during a face to face nerd thing like a M:TG tournament or a 40k game everyone would agree that they were a silly goose. This game taking place on the internet does not excuse you from acting like a civilized human being.

Neaden on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    this is the tread that never ends. it goes on and on my friend.

how do I still know those lyrics

some people STARTED PLAYING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS :whistle:
    and they'll continue playing it forever just because...

Sokpuppet on
    edited July 2011
    I think it's best to make a new thread; the moderator gods are not bestowing their awesome judgment upon this one, so we must take the initiative

someone else do it i'm jailed

Eddy on
    edited July 2011

Well, looking at his comment on how he "rumble tanked"

His tanky items.

And the lack of other characters being super tanky.

I deduced that he was functioning as his teams tank.

And a successful tank can die a lot, it doesn't really matter as long as they win team fights, and the game.

So, again with my Sherlock Homes esque detective skill, I determined that his number of deaths wouldn't be as important compared to his success as a tank, which was obviously decent, since they won. Just because a character isn't described as being a tank by riot, doesn't mean they CAN'T tank, or that that character is not BEING THEIR TEAMS TANK.

Honestly Rumble doesn't do anything useful as a tank. His initiation is super long range, and if his goal is to q and hope they focus him instead of his team, well a good team can ignore him (except for his ult, which doesn't matter because he'd have that as AP anyways)

Soviet Waffle on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    we draw straws

Jars on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    nooooooo don't do it we're being watched!

this is a test of faith

interrobang on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Megaman, I assume that was free Caitlyn week? And I guess it wasn't an ELO ranked game? Just a normal solo queue stylee one? If so, its possible that the Caitlyn was relatively new to the game. However, if she was lvl 30. Then yeah. Fuck her. But honestly, you should probably just report her for being unskilled/trolling. You being all abusive just ruins the game for the others. Although, in your screen cap I do like how someone else is trying to say "WE HAD FUN!..... RIGHT!?" you remind me of a Morgana I once played with.

Sad times.

I'm thinking I need to practice more on Brand. Only got 3 kills with him and a bucket load of deaths. I'm not all that great with the squishy guys if foe team is super agressive (Fuck you Olaf).
    Any hints on how to play him? As he's pretty much my fave AP nuker in the game.

Varethius on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I forgot how much fun Janna is sometimes. Sup Annie? Oh you're gonna flash+ult stun me? Ok, I'll shield up, drop a whirlwind in your direction, take the Tibbers and then Ult you back and into my whirlwind as my team converges on you.

Oh hi Fiddles. You ulted? Too bad, you're not invited to this team fight.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There will always be toxic assholes out there, making it less "toxic" by one because they say mean things isn't worth taking away their ability to play the game at all, only when their actions are directly adverse to the goals of the game (rage quitting/feeding) is it worth it.

The goal of any game I play is to have fun. Raging dickwads make the game less fun. Therefore, they are taking actions that are directly adverse to the goal of the game. Therefore, it is worth it to remove those players from the playerbase, or to instruct them in how to not be raging dickwads.

Garthor on
    edited July 2011
    I think it's stupid if you report someone for saying assholish things. I mean, really, I don't care what you say, especially as long as you don't care if I get to say mean things back.

I really only report people for being leavers (and then in gratuitous situations, like when our mordekaiser died like once at level 2, told us to go fuck ourselves and quit. I mean, really? Quit after one death? Just don't play, how about that) or feeding.

One guy I was planning on reporting but didn't was an olaf who, after one death, basically said fuck it and just started jungling, didn't help us out at all, only ever fought the enemy when they ran into his jungle (and he killed them like 3 on 1)

until the very end when he couldn't even leave the base to jungle, and he joined our teamfights and helped us push to their base, and we won.

But just someone shit talking? That gets answering shit talk and my scorn, but it doesn't deserve a report unless it's coupled with something else, or it's literally all game and it impedes the play significantly.

League of Legends is a game. I enjoy playing games with people who don't act like silly geese. If you act like a silly geese you get ignored and reported in the hopes that riot bans you and the playerbase of this game will become slightly less toxic.

League of Legends is a game, which some people put a lot of effort (and sometimes money) into. Sometimes they take it too seriously, or are just jerks. A jerk might ruin a game for you by being mean spirited or shit talking. The difference is, when you finish that game, you can play again. When you report them and they get banned, can't play again, now and sometimes ever. There will always be toxic assholes out there, making it less "toxic" by one because they say mean things isn't worth taking away their ability to play the game at all, only when their actions are directly adverse to the goals of the game (rage quitting/feeding) is it worth it.

Put as many people on ignore as you want, no skin of my nose or theirs. But when you get someone banned for saying things you can ignore, in my eyes you come off the worse by comparison. I'd much rather play with 4 ragers who spit and curse at everyone else on our team as long as they remember to play the damn game, over playing with one person who reports on people who get angry and vitriolic without actually hurting the team through their play on purpose.
    Putting time and money into a game doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to people. This is a pretty simple and obvious concept to me that people like to act changes on the internet. If someone acted like this during a face to face nerd thing like a M:TG tournament or a 40k game everyone would agree that they were a silly goose. This game taking place on the internet does not excuse you from acting like a civilized human being.

Comparing a face to face event and the internet isn't comparable for more than just "people on the internet will be jerks" That's a truism anywhere, not just the internet. The fact is, it's a hell of a lot easier to ignore someone on the internet than in real life. Ignoring a bunch of text from someone is a lot easier than ignoring them yelling or hissing or raging or following you around in real life, because sound and physical nearness is a lot harder to ignore than bunch of squiggly lines on the internet.

And lets turn this around. In my opinion, being offended or upset by easily ignorable text does not give you the right to completely remove someone else's ability to play the game. Having a report button doesn't excuse you from taking a basic consideration of whether one action is in any way comparable to another. Being a silly goose in words alone shouldn't get you banned from playing a game you put effort into, actually on purpose hindering your team with in game actions should be the only thing that can do that. Anything lower than that is you just raging at them in a way that is to me a lot more offensive and mean spirited.
    Garthor wrote: »
    There will always be toxic assholes out there, making it less "toxic" by one because they say mean things isn't worth taking away their ability to play the game at all, only when their actions are directly adverse to the goals of the game (rage quitting/feeding) is it worth it.

The goal of any game I play is to have fun. Raging dickwads make the game less fun. Therefore, they are taking actions that are directly adverse to the goal of the game. Therefore, it is worth it to remove those players from the playerbase, or to instruct them in how to not be raging dickwads.

I guess I disagree that someone making your one game with them less fun entitles you to remove them from the game completely. I don't think those things are equal in terms of appropriate reactions.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is there anything in the user agreement we all "accept" every patch that forbids errant prickery? I shall assume there is.

If this is true there is no defending shit-talk. You're playing the game by Riot's rules, and no amount of e-money or nerd-hot passion you invest changes that. Riot let you into their playground on the condition that you refrain from being a dick, so be a dick at your own peril.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Garthor wrote: »

[teemo]Never underestimate the power of the Summoners code [/teemo]

Neaden on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think it's best to make a new thread; the moderator gods are not bestowing their awesome judgment upon this one, so we must take the initiative

someone else do it i'm jailed

You're going to do this once every few pages until someone does it, aren't you?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2011
    anime-stare.png

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.