Options

[STEAM] The Summer Camp Sale! Daily Activities metagame for prizes and games!

1565758596062»

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Does JC2 on PC have anything going for it over the console versions? I recall someone working on an online multiplayer mod....

Also, I asked this before, but is there a way to increase the font/text size for Achievement messages, as well as messages from friends?

I play Steam games on a big TV, which means those windows are usually too tiny to read.

Also, will the Steam version of Witcher keep the game up to date, or will I have to manually download the patches? Dumb question, I know, but just wanted to make sure.

Pretty sure steam chatboxes have a font setting if you right click them? Not sure achievements boxes can be resized though.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, I bought my brother Borderlands yesterday. Trying to be a cool older brother and all that.

Turns out he has a Mac. Haha, in your face kind gestures!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    bit trip runner makes me swear SO MUCH

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Man, I bought my brother Borderlands yesterday. Trying to be a cool older brother and all that.

Bootcamp or a emulator like Wine. Problem solved.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    You missed Borderlands D:

Got a copy for myself, but yeah, he was a day late, which I already pointed out to him.

Unless someone has an extra copy lying around? :P

Steam Sales have a best of Daily, and it might show up again.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    big l wrote: »
    Does JC2 on PC have anything going for it over the console versions? I recall someone working on an online multiplayer mod....

Also, I asked this before, but is there a way to increase the font/text size for Achievement messages, as well as messages from friends?

I play Steam games on a big TV, which means those windows are usually too tiny to read.

Also, will the Steam version of Witcher keep the game up to date, or will I have to manually download the patches? Dumb question, I know, but just wanted to make sure.

On PC you can download mods that make the game better. Also it is $5.

I bought the Witcher for $5, and I regret it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate how steam pauses downloads when you play a steam game. This wasn't a problem until teh summer sale started. D:

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Alright guys, so, my friend is over at my house with his rig, and I'm introducing him to Steam. What is a good multi-player game currently on sale that I can pick up for the two of us?

Thinking of Magicka, but something a little cheaper wouldn't be bad.

TF2?

I second, third, and fourth this recommendation.
    The folks on the PA servers are very friendly, and willing to help a nooby brotha' out.

Fifth'd?
    For me at least Team Fortress 2 is my core steam game. It seems like maybe it should have been half-life or portal or something. But no if I had to keep just one steam game, it's TF2.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Are downloads (in the UK if it matters) broken for anyone else? My normally rock solid cable connection is up and down like a fiddler's elbow with Steam.

I guess I'll have to try downloading something huge from somewhere else as a test - any suggestions?

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

He could use bootcamp.. Or he is one of those that totally refuse to have windows on their mac?

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Frak...somehow I missed yesterday and therefore missed DoW Retribution. :(
    Here's hoping for repeat...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Are downloads (in the UK if it matters) broken for anyone else? My normally rock solid cable connection is up and down like a fiddler's elbow with Steam.

I guess I'll have to try downloading something huge from somewhere else as a test - any suggestions?

They're probably just very overloaded.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    captaink wrote: »
    You missed Borderlands D:

Got a copy for myself, but yeah, he was a day late, which I already pointed out to him.

Unless someone has an extra copy lying around? :P

I might have one lying around that could totally be exchanged for something or other

Tav on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TF2 acts like a nexus of tie-ins and has infinite potential to grow now that it has a good F2P model + Steam to back up it's existing map and item making abilities. It's definitely a core Steam game and great shooter and your friend should play it as an entry point to Steam as much as he should play it because it's fun.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You know what kind of people don't like Just Cause 2?

Pussies.

Only the truest of true motherfuckers may enjoy the flawless badassery that is JC2.

So go ahead. Don't buy it. Hope you enjoy having a vagina.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    You know what kind of people don't like Just Cause 2?

Pussies.

Only the truest of true motherfuckers may enjoy the flawless badassery that is JC2.

So go ahead. Don't buy it. Hope you enjoy having a vagina.
    I personally would like it, but I think my computer would commit suicide in hatred of the game.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

He could use bootcamp.. Or he is one of those that totally refuse to have windows on their mac?
    I really doubt he's against windows. Is bootcamp difficult to setup? I have no idea what this is.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.