As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Annual Barcrawl Suggestion - Game of Thrones

13»

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The concerts are over by 10, 10:30, and the bars close at 2. Plenty of time! besides, benaroya (or where ever it will be) holds, what, 3000 people? That's a meager 5% of the 60,000 + ppl who are coming. The remainder may want to do something outside the convention center. May.

They are not over by then.

that 60,000+ figure is turnstile counting. 3day Pass = 3 people

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So really, ummm.... 42,293.5 people?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The concerts are over by 10, 10:30, and the bars close at 2.

The concerts end around 2-3am (depending on the number of encores) and Seattle bars have last call at 1-1:30am. They close at 2, sure, but if you try to order a drink at 1:40 you probably won't get one.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    CartmansDadCartmansDad Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    heh.

I must be misremebering that very badly then. I wasn't very impressed with the saturday concert last year, seemed like a lot of inside jokes I missing out on. I KNOW we were out in time to wander down to the clubs for street vendor food and to watch the Pacific coast guidos and guidettes do their thing, and we were eating by midnight.

Still, even with turnstyle counting, we're looking at ~23,000 attendees (assuming all got 3 day passes, which is the least amount of people going), that's still only 20% of PAX maximum. Which means 18,000 people need something to do. Especially in light of this new "pay to get a guaranteed seat" thing, I'd rather spend my benjamins on tasty tasty booze. I'm sure there are others who, even if they're excited about JoCo and Paul and Storm, don't want to squeeze into the show and/or pay extra to be sure to get in.

Right?

All of this is probably academic tho, because I'm not local and am ill suited to organize, I'm just expressing interest. If there's anyone else out there?

CartmansDad on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Maybe you only stayed for the first act of the concert?

Regardless, there are tons of groups out drinking and attending other parties during the concerts. I think it's probably a little too late to plan and organize a GoT barcrawl for Prime this year, but probably next year we'll have something going on some night.

What's the deal with paying to guarantee concert seating? I haven't heard anything bout this.

Liger on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Liger wrote: »
    What's the deal with paying to guarantee concert seating? I haven't heard anything bout this.

I remember seeing someone mention it in a suggestion thread after last year...but I haven't seen anything to suggest that it's actually happening.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nope, but it is happening at The Protomen's concert going on on Friday night. It's free to get in if you have a PAX badge, but buying a ticket guarantees entry.

I know I didn't hesitate to buy a ticket. :D

I kinda prefer knowing I have a guaranteed spot and would honestly be kinda in favor of that sort of system at the actual PAX concerts.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    geeksweater1geeksweater1 Registered User new member
    Hey guys,

I'm a new comer and will be attending PAX for the first time. I heard there was going to be a Game of Thrones pub crawl--is that still on? Will there be other people participating? Me and a group of my buddies (8 in all) definitely want to be a part of it. Can anyone give me more information about this?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey guys,

I'm a new comer and will be attending PAX for the first time. I heard there was going to be a Game of Thrones pub crawl--is that still on? Will there be other people participating? Me and a group of my buddies (8 in all) definitely want to be a part of it. Can anyone give me more information about this?

There was a suggestion to hold a Game of Thrones barcrawl (this thread), but that idea did not come to fruition as far as I know for this year.

• Options
    Oh alright, thanks Zerzhul! Does anyone know if there is any chance anyone would be organizing a parallel event along with the TWDT crawl? It would be pretty awesome, I think and it would be cool to be part of a smaller group too. If so, I have 8 people ready and raring to go :)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    there is a parallel barcrawl thread here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/143815/fear-and-loathing-on-the-bar-crawl-2011

however I'm not sure if it's actually happening or not.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote:
    there is a parallel barcrawl thread here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/143815/fear-and-loathing-on-the-bar-crawl-2011

however I'm not sure if it's actually happening or not.

Thanks man!!!

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I don't think that is happening.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    I don't think that is happening.

Prolly not, but I'm still gonna show up dressed as Slytherin house colour Hunter S. Thompson. :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    Oh alright, thanks Zerzhul! Does anyone know if there is any chance anyone would be organizing a parallel event along with the TWDT crawl? It would be pretty awesome, I think and it would be cool to be part of a smaller group too. If so, I have 8 people ready and raring to go :)
    that's great I will update the thread tonight to make it official and barring something drastic it will happen.

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Nope, but it is happening at The Protomen's concert going on on Friday night. It's free to get in if you have a PAX badge, but buying a ticket guarantees entry.

The Protomen concert is happening in parallel with PAX, but it is not officially affiliated. The 'free for PAX badges' deal was actually an agreement struck between the performers and the venue for our benefit.