As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard! [Arch Road Trip Thread]

2»

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also that map is the best thing ever Dunadan

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am also getting from planning with the fiancee a potential route is

Charleston-> Starksville MI -> Oklahoma City -> Clovis NM -> Sedona AZ -> Las vegas -> San fran -> Portland -> Pullman

This is based on her family living in a few of those places.

Just keeping you all slightly as informed as we are (which isn't very)

Arch on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Skoal Cat wrote: »
    I hate living in one of the corners of the country that isn't Washington. Nothing comes to me. No neat events, concerts, or road trips.
    :(
    Everyone I know and don't know is going to Washington! ARGH

That's cause the Pacific Northwest is where all the cool cats are, Skoal.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    smart to dodge rhode island

I felt the extra 3 minutes to drive through it would be overly burdensome on Arch.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bama wrote: »
    It's about an hour from both Birmingham and Huntsville which would be places actually worth seeing.

<twist-on-o-rly-meme.jpg>

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    smart to dodge rhode island

I felt the extra 3 minutes to drive through it would be overly burdensome on Arch.

it's the only state built to scale for him to feel at home

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    I will leave this thread stickied for a couple more days, to make sure anyone who might care is aware of its existence. After that, it will be unstuck, and it will be up to y'all to keep tabs on it yourself.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Ahem, Robbie, I demand that CO be one of your stops on this trip to Isengard.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Gimmie a place to stay and it will- I really really want it to happen

Arch on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arch wrote: »

Well, I can probably provide a place to stay and I think Mazzy also offered a place to stay. If, for whatever reason, my house becomes unviable and Mazzy won't let you stay, I'll put you up in a hotel and we can hang.

PS: If you stay at my house, be aware that it is... ugly. As in... not finished... at all.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Well, I can probably provide a place to stay and I think Mazzy also offered a place to stay. If, for whatever reason, my house becomes unviable and Mazzy won't let you stay, I'll put you up in a hotel and we can hang.

PS: If you stay at my house, be aware that it is... ugly. As in... not finished... at all.

Mazzy can't put me up, but I am definitely coming your way

I am excite!

And I don't care about the quality of your house bro!

Arch on
  • Options
    taoist drunktaoist drunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i heard you found a better place to stay than my house :sob:: but we are hanging out though right RIGHT?

taoist drunk on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i heard you found a better place to stay than my house :sob:: but we are hanging out though right RIGHT?

I was told your dogs would devour my cat, so we are apparently going to Wakuega?

If this is false I will sleep on your floor

(that sounded creepy)

Arch on
  • Options
    taoist drunktaoist drunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I was told your dogs would devour my cat, so we are apparently going to Wakuega?

If this is false I will sleep on your floor

(that sounded creepy)

you can sleep on a bed as long as you don't mind keeping the kitty in the guest room so the dogs don't ATTACK

taoist drunk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BTW, Arch, your cat is not nearly as cute as my cat and, thus, you will fall in love with my cat and any affection you had for your current cat will be displaced. I hope you're okay with this.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh hey. It's this thread. I've already talked to you about, but if you're interested in stopping off in Chattanooga, let me know. We got a couch or if you prefer a hotel, Brittany can get you pretty good rates here or anywhere you need to go.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Oh hey. It's this thread. I've already talked to you about, but if you're interested in stopping off in Chattanooga, let me know. We got a couch or if you prefer a hotel, Brittany can get you pretty good rates here or anywhere you need to go.

I don't know if we are going to stop in chattanooga, but I may talk to you in a bit about that hotel rate thing....

Arch on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I don't know if we are going to stop in chattanooga, but I may talk to you in a bit about that hotel rate thing....

Do so soon. The closer to the date you stay at the hotel the less likely it is you can get an employee rate. They won't sell their last few rooms as such a discounted price. And it's anywhere from 30 - 60 a night depending on the hotel.

You can use this at Holiday Inns, Staybridges, and a couple of others. I can find out all of them for you if you would like.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Do so soon. The closer to the date you stay at the hotel the less likely it is you can get an employee rate. They won't sell their last few rooms as such a discounted price. And it's anywhere from 30 - 60 a night depending on the hotel.

You can use this at Holiday Inns, Staybridges, and a couple of others. I can find out all of them for you if you would like.

Word- I will send you a list of where we are planning to drive sometime tonight

Arch on
  • Options
    RIGHT!

It beginnnns

I will be in Rock Hill, SC on Tuesday, Cincinnati on Wednesday, Illinois on thursday, Nebraska on Friday, Boulder on Saturday, and Wyoming on Sunday (if people are around those places let me know in a PM. I am staying with two forumers- @Premier Kakos and @TL;DR in Boulder and Cincinnati respectively, so hit them up as well if you want to hang out on those days!

Wooooo

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Cincinnati awaits, noble hobbits!

• Options
    The hobbits have left the fortress city of Denver and make their way through the treacherous Mountains of Rockiness. Fare thee well, noble hobbits. I shall miss you.