As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Fish, Two Fish, Dead Fish, New Fish [CHAT]!

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This will be turned into an HBO show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ori4KGvRoY

Godfather on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Iron Man 2 is on Netflix so I finally got around to seeing it.

The scene where they're showing footage of the failed Iron Man suit attempts was very reminiscent of the scene from Robocop 2

I thought ironman 1 had a lot in common with robocop 1. everything thinks it's crazy but me

Jars on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Well that was super happy fun times.

Glad we got to shoot some men together, even if i can't get you on my friendslist just yet :D

I should be "Marsepan" on Steam! I wanna be in forts, shootin' mans!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    Iron Man 2 is on Netflix so I finally got around to seeing it.

The scene where they're showing footage of the failed Iron Man suit attempts was very reminiscent of the scene from Robocop 2

I thought ironman 1 had a lot in common with robocop 1. everything thinks it's crazy but me

Sort of? It's a bit of a generic story, but yeah I can see the overlaps minus a dude getting melted by toxic waste.

Also as far as Objectivist media goes Iron Man 2 was still pretty entertaining.

Fugitive on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't find you Mars, at least... by that name.

Prospicience on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone follow what's up with video card hardware nowadays? My Nvidia GT220 seems to have developed an (apparently quite common) overheating problem where the video just cuts out entirely, screen goes black, and the only way to get the computer back up is to hit the power switch and reboot. (And it's not like I'm trying to run Crysis on supermax ultra settings or anything, it does this on Half-Life: Source.)

Anyone have suggestions for a replacement? As much as I'd like to be self-sufficient and do my own research and really pick a winner, the fact is I have no idea what half of the shit on the spec lists for these cards mean and I can't imagine that getting up to speed on all of it would prove to be a fun way to spend my time.

I don't really need the latest and greatest- I just need something that will play games at a mid level of performance and not melt into a pile of red hot slag in a year's time. Is that a stat they put in the spec lists? ETA to meltdown? If they put that in there, I could actually make a decision about this shit.

Have you cleaned the fan and heatsink out? Does the fan still work? You might be able to get a cheep after market replacement cooler for it instead of buying a totally new card.

bombardier on
  • NamNam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    aaaugghhHhhRREEGGRRRR whyyyyyy.

I was just playing L4D2 on elite (in this instance my suicidal bot allies are all dead). I have just finished soloing a tank and right afterwards I murder a smoker who ensnares me from the corner of my eye, relief. 'Omg' I think, 'another one of those crazy runs'. I proceed down what I believe to be an empty corridor (since I had already cleared it, had to backtrack to beat the tank). I figure then it's safe enough to scratch my nose but during that infinitesimal interval of time a boomer ralphs on me and I die seconds later. Son of a snitch.

edit: oh god just died in the safe room.

Nam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nam wrote: »
    aaaugghhHhhRREEGGRRRR whyyyyyy.

I was just playing L4D2 on elite (in this instance my suicidal bot allies are all dead). I have just finished soloing a tank and right afterwards I murder a smoker who ensnares me from the corner of my eye, relief. 'Omg' I think, 'another one of those crazy runs'. I proceed down what I believe to be an empty corridor (since I had already cleared it, had to backtrack to beat the tank). I figure then it's safe enough to scratch my nose but during that infinitesimal interval of time a boomer ralphs on me and I die seconds later. Son of a snitch.

edit: oh god just died in the safe room.

That's why you don't play with bots

Also how do i do this

I cannot find My inception bluray- disc or box and yet I have in my had, the dvd disc from the set. Why do I have the dvd? Where did everything else go? Why is this not the first time this has happened?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I had the best fucking run tonight!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had the best fucking run tonight!

Was it the Daft Punk Soundtrack that did it? :)

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »
    The NOFX show was amazing last night! If you haven't heard of Old Man Markley you should check them out. Those guys are awesome. NOFX put on a great show as always. For a change of pace they finished up the show by miming this on stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKIMOgoJoU

I loved Avenue Q, I waited 8 years to see it. Also I can only imagine NOFX made it the best thing ever.

Didn't Teenage Bottlerocket play with them too? I thought I saw they were on tour.

Yeah, The Talli Band opened up. Then it was Old Man Markley. They were really cool. After that was Teenage Bottlerocket. They were crazy high energy on stage. NOFX finished up the show and rocked the house.

Grifter on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I... I googled "minecraft economy" and reached this weird christian forum accusing minecraft of being a tool of satan... On the last page these christian fundamentalists reached the conclusion that god hates rational thinking....O.o wha... I don't even... What the
    There was also a guy who was proud of his childhood of playing kick the can, running around outside, and his personal favorite pastime - catching an african american and making him wet his pants D:
    What is wrong with these people... I don't...

m3nace on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    D: <---- so hard.

Prospicience on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    m3nace wrote: »
    I... I googled "minecraft economy" and reached this weird christian forum accusing minecraft of being a tool of satan... On the last page these christian fundamentalists reached the conclusion that god hates rational thinking....O.o wha... I don't even... What the
    There was also a guy who was proud of his childhood of playing kick the can, running around outside, and his personal favorite pastime - catching an african american and making him wet his pants D:
    What is wrong with these people... I don't...

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=769396#post769396

if you're talking about this thread, it's the forum of a parody website, nobody there is sincere

Landover Baptist church is like the Onion's take on the Phelps church

Brolo on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grifter wrote: »
    It's way too early. Flying home today. Found this fun image though.
    Untitled-1259.png

God, I can never eat enough glue.

Tam on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    YES

YES YES YES

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Tam on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    wait, bears in scotland?

tynic on
    edited June 2011
    Too bad How to Train Your Dragon beat them by like 4 years

No thanks.

Fugitive on
    edited June 2011
    there used to be bears there a long time ago

edit: the hell are you talking about Fug

Tam on
    edited June 2011
    Ah, so they've re-named the Archer concept? I've been looking forward to this.

Although the early reports led me to believe that it would be much more stylized than this trailer looks to be, I was picturing something close to what was done for the Book of Kells animated feature.

Brolo on
    edited June 2011
    fug a movie about vikings and dragons =/= a movie about a scottish girl-

well here let me post the synopsis
    Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In Brave, a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts. Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (Robbie Coltrane). Merida’s actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch (Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.

Kochikens on
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »

Its looks like HTTYD Redhead Edition

I'm not super into redheads so I don't really see the point.

Fugitive on
    edited June 2011
    Fug: would pass on The Magnificent Seven because he already saw Seven Samurai, so what's the point, really.

Tam on
    edited June 2011

Its looks like HTTYD Redhead Edition

I'm not super into redheads so I don't really see the point.

I'm not into asian boys. Didn't really see the point of Up!.

Brolo on
    edited June 2011
    I don't like remakes

If they wanted to get it right they would have done it the first time.

[Edit] Oh okay, so it's actually like Secret of Kells.

I don't watch anime so I've never seen it.

Fugitive on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I saw HTTYD for the first time like two weeks ago.

It was great.

Also Walt Disney Stark Sr. was the best part about Iron Man 2.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    edited June 2011
    I liked the part where Howard Stark decided to build his utopian city underwater and was going to give everyone the ability to shoot bees from their hands.

"I discovered a new element but I decided to squirrel it away since it didn't really help with the bee thing"

Fugitive on
    edited June 2011
    I've never seen secret of kells
    is the plot actually similar at all
    or are they just both stylish and scottish and involving kids

Kochikens on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woah, Brave looks awesome!
    Also, I can never tell when Fug is kidding and how much.
    edit: rolo I'm so bloody naive. Thanks, my day is saved.

m3nace on
    edited June 2011
    Taking off the troll pants for a sec Kochi you should really see Secret of Kells. It's on Netflix Instant and probably some other places troll pants re-activated.

Fugitive on
    edited June 2011
    Secret of Kells was awesome, you should watch it right away.

Fug I'm gonna rip off them troll pants and spank your troll bum.

Brolo on
    edited June 2011
    everyone should at all times be watching Secret of Kells

Tam on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011

yeah I looked it up, brown bears until around the 10th century

tynic on
    edited June 2011
    Alright
    Alright

It's on My List

Kochikens on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Okay so everyone's read about some/all of these before but this writeup is pretty funny regardless.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • NamNam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Going to check out Secret of Kells.

Speaking of remakes, they should remake Spawn. Easily my favorite childhood superhero.

Nam on
    edited June 2011
    Holy crap it's Nam, Tam's evil twin!

You should go back and try re-read Spawn now that you're older.

Brolo on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a friend of mine got to animate some stuff on the Book of Kells during his animation internship. Eyes open for the white cat!

the dialogue is mèh at times, but the backdrops/ design is sooo wonderful.

The_Glad_Hatter on
    edited June 2011
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Okay so everyone's read about some/all of these before but this writeup is pretty funny regardless.

Oh my god, for a game I have never felt even the slightest desire to play, just about every Eve Online story I hear is pure gold.

Fugitive on
This discussion has been closed.