As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Heresy] Rusty Chains (IC Recruiting)

Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Critical Failures
Each of you sit in a seat inside the small frigate "Fireside", two armed guards holding Lasguns close to their chests, ready to shoot you down if you attempt to flee. Your destination: The Hive world below, Persius 8, is rife with corruption, drug trade, and heretics preaching against the almighty God Emperor. Whether by choice, or by ... recruitment, you each have been selected to join the military forces keeping curfews enforced, heretics off the streets, and scum in their rot-infested sewers they call homes.

You each have been deputized by a "Sherrif" who goes by the name of Kriv, a large, burly man who carries two revolvers on each of his hips, and an over sized duster trailing behind him wherever he goes. He walks into the small bay where each of you are seated, looking you all over then yelling to the guardsmen standing attention "' 'Ell! This the best you boys could scrape together 'or me? I been keeping these fuckin' scum off the street for months now wit' nothin but my wits and my natural in-tu-itions for weeks, and you give me these pieces of shit? I'm wonderin if they can even hold a damn stub pointin' the right way!" He scowls at each of you, clearly unimpressed at what has been gathered for him to help keep the streets safe.

The world is a bizzare mix of technologies, the bulk of the city is heavily industrialized, pollution and constant weapons manufacturing the most notable thing about the dreary place. However, a small, 200 mile patch of desert has remained unsettled, with nothing but outlaws and gangs roaming its wastes. The strict curfews and martial law keep most citizens off the streets unless they are forced to travel on them, but have no doubt that your presence is tolerated, not wanted. Reports of militia "rising up" to overthrow their protectors have been filtering in, but so far seem unfounded. You will each be reporting directly to Kriv, doing as he says, whatever he says, and how he says it, at all times. You are disposable, it is expected you will be dead and replaced within the month.

You are deputies.

Some things: I'm honestly not big on 40k lore, most of my knowledge of it coming from the Dark Heresy rulebook and the Dawn Of War series. This game will probably go against some established lore, but I'm not really worried about that if your not, as the tone of this game is going to be a bit different than the extreme grimdarkness of your DH game. I've run a D&D 4th Edition game for over two years, same players and same characters. This is my first DH game I've run, so bear with me a bit.

Characters: I'd like a bit of explanation on your character, no need to write a novel about them but try and give a reason as to why they've been chosen/ chose to take this job. Unlike most DH games, you are not Acolytes working for an Inquisitor, you are deputes working for your Sherrif. Stamping out heresy and whatnot will not be the main theme of this game, expect much more crime and bounty hunting than fighting xenos and daemons (although they will make some appearances, I assure you.) I'll be taking 4-6 players for this game, each person is limited to one submission. I plan on keeping this game running for a while, so a one-off this is not. You will each start at your first rank, the lowest of the low and whatnot.
For stat rolls, I'd prefer if you posted up your rolls on Invisible Castle and linked them with your character, or if you would prefer I can provide a standard array of stat points to allocate: 30, 26, 29, 27, 32, 35, 32, 33, 27. (In any stats you'd like).

Starting Gear you start with 300 thrones to spend on any items of your choice. Your character will be making a salary of 250 thrones a week, or if you were forced into serving you will make 30 thrones a week, but are given the character option of "smuggling" an extra uncommon weapon of your choice (check with me first) to the city.

Posting Post your sheets in spoilers, I'll try and post daily, but as long as you manage to post once every 2 days, I'll be fine, because I know things come up and you don't have 24/7 access to a computer. We will start the game in this thread, any OOC comments or questions label and put in a spoiler. All rolling will be done with invisible castle, so, yeah.

If you need some inspiration and a song that encompasses the feel I'm going for (a sort of future western) here you go:
The Deputies:
Bono: Rank 1 Hive World Arbitrator
Atellus Gicker: Rank 1 Insane Guardsmen
Mordekai Vyrce: Rank 1 Forge World Tech Priest
Nick Sherenko: Rank 1 Sell-steel Assassin
Wohn Jane: Rank 1 Betrayer Scum
Up to one more applicant can join in, so if you want in, just submit a guy via PM

Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
Toxin01 on

• Options
    b0b52000b0b52000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    See, I'd apply for this, but I know I'll just be disappointed when I get turned down.

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    b0b52000 wrote: »
    See, I'd apply for this, but I know I'll just be disappointed when I get turned down.

I'd take almost anyone, unless your backstory is awful

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • Options
    PayotPayot Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Applying for DH games is usually a lot easier than D&D. A lot less people apply.

Payot on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    If you need some inspiration and a song that encompasses the feel I'm going for (a sort of future western) here you go:

When I saw "future western song," I thought for sure it'd be this:

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Payot wrote: »
    Applying for DH games is usually a lot easier than D&D. A lot less people apply.

Yeah, the lack of an online character builder is pretty off-putting, I just wanted to mix up my GM'ing, felt like using a different system. (was going to use the Star Wars d20 game, I might do that if this doesn't go anywhere)
    blahmcblah wrote: »

I've made a terrible mistake...!

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damn that title, now I want some dark chocolate.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fine fine fine, is there a specific creator we'll be using?

Edit:

Like I used this

But I'm sure I could find a book, which would you prefer?

Edit 2:

Or maybe this one?

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    blahmcblah wrote: »

Also, I had forgotten about KoC, thank you for reminding me XD.

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    how far away is the system from Rogue Trader?

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Grog wrote: »
    how far away is the system from Rogue Trader?

Not to far, your pretty much just weaker versions of the Rogue Trader classes. Less emphasis on your ship, more on just.. trying to live. But it uses the same rule system I believe, kind of like the Star Wars d20 compared to 3.5 D&D, updated OP about stats rolling.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In that case I might give this a look. Not a huge fan of combat in RT, but the 40K setting does take me back. And hanging out in a hive will just remind of Necromunda

Grog on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The combat system itself is very similar to RT, down to very similar talents. (To the point that remembering where they differ is pretty tricky if you play both). It's a bit less lethal though, due to lower stats and less powerful weapons. Character creation is a bit simpler, no path with many options, though if you have all the books with character stuff, your options do increase. Psychic powers function differently in DH to RT, and tend to blow up on you a whole lot more (until you reach Ascended, but that's very very far away if you start at l1). DH uses a monetary system instead of acquisition for gear. I always link people this excel sheet for making characters.

I'm interested, though I'm not sure yet what I want to play. Are we just playing core, or other books too? The description rules out Sororitas or Battle Sisters...

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wouldn't be 40k if psykers weren't exploding/turning into daemon princes at every turn.

Grog on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Feel free to bring in other books as long as it makes sense, and you can source your options for me. I can grab copies of the books you use also for reference.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well let's give it a try. I used the creator, and I'm "happy" with how it turned out, though I don't know why intelligence is my highest. So I submit to you Atellus Gicker, a crazy person.

Name: Atellus Gicker, imperial Guardsmen

Background:
    Atellus was born on the dying world of Sinophia, his family was made up of traders caught too deep in debt to leave the stagnant planet. He grew up dreading his life there, dying businesses with no hope of profit seemed to be his only future, his brother had "joined" the guard and they received notice three years later that he had been killed within a few weeks of his departure, so that wasn't an option for Atellus. But then his family found a way to leave the planet, a noble's son had been drawn in the service lottery, and he wanted out. The noble was willing to pay a ransom for a replacement, a few thousand thrones would be more than enough for his family to leave their troubles behind. His father was to old, and his cousins to young, it left Atellus holding the bag, and he did what he had to do, for his family, for the imperium, and for his brother.

His unit was sloppily put together, nothing more than a glorified prison troop, half of his comrades had explosive collars, the other half were addicted to some form of scum. They were deployed to the hell storm that was Cadia, the average life of a new recruit was three days, it took half of that for his unit to be destroyed by a chaos band. The experience turned Atellus' hair a whispy gray. his time in the trenches had played with his mind, and when the next regiment came to fill the gap, they found Atellus shooting into the wastes inbetween the trenches, at nothing but shadows and winds. The consular considered it to be zeal, the captain thought it to be heresy, but the supply officer thought of him as a profit. He was "relieved" and shipped offworld, by the emperor's grace, only to find himself in Gunmetal city, a hired hand, little more than an armed servant of a noble. But Atellus was assured that this was where the emperor wanted him.

His time with the noble was short, killed by a corrupted guard, Atellus had no plans, nothing to do with himself, and so when he was told by an adminstratum member that there was need of help on Persius Eight, Atellus grabbed his beaten pack and left. As Kriv spat in their faces Atellus couldn't see anything more than the wastes beyond the trenches, and all of the death to be wrought there.

Appearance:
    Atellus stands at an average 5"10, small for a guardsmen, but not small enough it seemed. His hair has been touched by chaos and is a wispy gray, he keeps it closely cropped as to avoid attention. His gear is all the guardsmen standard issue, amazingly, it still works, and he's seen no need to replace the aging, worn down items.

Personality:
    Atellus has had his mind touched by chaos warfare, as any survivor of a battle involving it's dark tendrils would be. He was told the emperor protected him for a reason, and he believes it, if only for lack of an alternative explanation. He is prone to being paranoid of the touch of chaos, and doesn't trust easily. However, Atellus has seen the bonds that warfare can create, if only a glimpse, and it is possible to reforge those bonds again.

Sheet:
    Name: Atellus Gicker
    Homeworld: Sinophia
    Career: Guardsman
    Start Package: Tranch War Veteran

WS: 42 BS: 39
    S: 31 T: 28
    Ag: 30 Int: 43
    Per: 35 WP: 33
    Fellowship: 36 Wounds: 10

Fate Points: 2 Thrones: 90
    Insanity Pts: 5 Starting XP: 100
    Corruption Pts: 0

Build: Fit Skin Color: Dark
    Hair Color: Grey Eye Color: Brown

Quirk: You have a nervous tick.
    Planet of Birth: Dead Planet
    Divination: The wise man learns from the deaths of others.

Traits: Superior Origins, Blighted Origins, Decayed Society

Basic Skills: Common Lore (Underworld) (Int) (Dec. Soc.), Forbidden Lore (Cults) (Int) (Dec. Soc.), Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (Int) (Dec. Soc.), Search (Per)

Advanced Skills: Deceive (Fel) (Dec. Soc.), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int), Drive (Ground Vehicle) (Ag)

Talents: Paranoia, Melee Weapons Training (Primitive), Basic Weapons Training (Las), Pistol Training (Las), Basic Weapons Training (SP), Hatred (Mutants), Light Sleeper talents

Gear: lasgun and 5 charge pack, knife, guard flak armour, 1 week corpse starch rations, sword, las pistol and 5 charge pack, shotgun and 108 shells, uniform (Common Quality Clothing), mercenary license, bent metal coin (memento), rock that glows in dark (memento), Chrono (Wristwatch), Magnoculars

Special Qualities: None

Family: Your mother's name was Magdela. She walked the path of the Arbitrator. She is deceased. Your father's name is Brutis. He walks the path of the Tech-Priest. Your brother's name is Xerxes. He walks the path of the Guardsman. Your sister's name was Albia. She walked the path of the Scum. She is deceased.

Spent XP advances:

Ballistic Skill Advance - 100 XP (34+5=39)

Sound Constitution - 100 XP (9+1=10)

Weapon Skill Advance - 100 XP (37+5=42)

Edit: I discovered that the gen does not go far enough to let you spend your initial XP, so if anyone else uses that, be aware that you'll still need to go and buy your ranks and whatnot. It also doesn't let you pick the initial amount of thrones or let you buy any other gear. So that's also an issue, going through the book for that stuff is probably your best bet.

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    B0b5200: I dig the backstory, but (unless you bought extra gear) you should be starting off with a few more thrones than that.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Count me in! This will be my first DH run too. I'll post my character later today.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Name: Mordekai Vryce

Background:
    Mordekai was an orphan. He grew up on the massive shipyards orbiting the forge world of Perinetus. On the station, his quickness of mind and agility were noticed by the local Mechanicus adepts, and he was taken in to be trained by those who followed Thule. He rose through the ranks relatively quickly, becoming a full-fledged Technographer at the young age of 32.

Upon designation of that lowly rank his mentor Enginseer Vellox assigned him to Persius 8 to assist the Adeptus Mechanicus there. During the two years the warp voyage took Mordekai kept mostly to himself, avoiding the other passengers on the massive voidship Enervatus Prime. Upon arrival at Persius 8, he made contact with the local Mechanicus and was instructed to report to a man known only as "Sherrif Kriv".

When contact was made between Mordekai and the "Sherrif", Mordekai instantly formed the opinion that an immense practical joke had been played on him. Practical joke or not he is determined to prove his worth to the Mechanicus and will obey any orders he has been given- if only in hopes that he'll be transferred somewhere else!

Appearance:
    Mordekai is tall and almost emaciated in appearance, with large mechanical devices (whose use is known only to Tech-priests) protruding from his body. He wears the long, rust-colored robe common to all of the Priesthood of Mars, with a brass cog dangling from his neck. He is as pale as a ghost from the years spent shipboard. Despite his voice implants and mechanical speech he is almost charismatic for a Tech-priest. He would smile, if his mouth were not replaced by a vox.

Personality:
    Mordekai is quiet and prefers to be left alone. He can be charming when he wants to, but that's not often. He has a hobby, scrimshaw, and will usually be found whittling when he's not busy.

Sheet:
    WS: 13 (yikes!)
    BS: 31
    S: 31
    T: 26
    Ag: 38
    Int: 45 (+5 advance from 40)
    Per: 24
    WP: 34 (37 with bonus)
    Fel: 32
    Wounds: 12
    Fate Points: 2
    Corruption: 0
    Insanity: 0

Starting Package:
    The Disciples of Thule
    Traits:
    Fit for Purpose- Willpower +3
    Credo of the Omnissah- Gain "Technical Knock" talent
    Stranger to the Cult- -10 penalty tests on Imperial Creed, -5 Fellowship tests with members of the Ecclasiarchy

Basic Skills:
    Common Lore (Tech) Int
    Common Lore (Machine Cult) Int
    Evaluate (Int)
    Logic (Int)

Advanced Skills
    Speak Language (Low Gothic) Int
    Tech Use (Int)
    Literacy (Int)
    Secret Tongue (Tech)
    Trade (Scrimshawer) Ag
    Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) Int
    Scholastic Lore (Cryptology) Int

Talents
    Technical Knock
    Melee Weapons Training (Primitive)
    Basic Weapons Training (Las)
    Pistol Training (Las)
    Electric Graft Use

Spent 100 xp each on
    Rapid Reload
    Feedback Screech
    Intelligence +5

Gear:
    metal staff, las pistol and 1 charge pack, las carbine and 1 charge pack, knife, flak vest, glow lamp, data-slate, Mechanicus robes and vestments (Good Quality Clothing), 7 spare parts (power cells, wires, chronometers etc), vial of Sacred Machine Oil, Mechanicus implants, vial of glowing water (memento), brass cog wheel (memento)

Spent 250 thrones on
    (200) Combi-tool. Adds +10 on Tech-use
    (30) 2 clips for las-carbine
    (10) 1 week's worth of rations
    (10) 1 clip for laspistol

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Captain Marcus: Your 13 WS is pretty hilarious, just avoid using that metal staff and you'll be fine. I like that you are involved with the Mechanicus, but as a warning I don't know how much time you'll get to spend with them here.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Placeholder post

Let me find my DH book, and I'll whip something up.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Go for it guy, just link your stat rolls if you use a book instead of a character generator. Thanks.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Name: Nick 'Shade' Sherenko
    Career: Assassin(Sell-Steel)
    Homeworld: Gunmetal City
    Divination: "Thought Begets Heresy;Heresy Begets Retribution."
    Background Package: The Sons of Dispater

Physical Description: A young man, perhaps 25 years old, with dark skin, black hair, brown eyes, and a wiry frame of average height, Nick Sherenko doesn't stand out much. His only noticable feature is a scarred lobe on his right ear.

Background:
    Nick was born in Gunmetal City, in one of the poorest lower Wards. And he grew up in the way that's most common in that part of that city: guns and violence. Unsurprisingly, he got involved with gang warfare at an early age, and showed the 'stomach' for 'taking care of business.' He ended up being introduced to a specialist in such affairs, a local man known for only caring about the right amount of thrones for the right contract. He got placed in a lowlife team, and showed enough competence to stay alive and free, while he saw more and more of his friends enslaved, killed, or turned into servitors for the factories.

After a while he was given a solo 'job,' and when he completed it, his boss had him moved to another part of the sprawling hive, with no papers to cross back, no people to help him out, and he was told he had been recruited into the "Sons of Dispater." A name he knew, and a name he knew to fear. Enough thrones would cause anyone to die, or to disappear. For a year or so he did his work in the new sector, until a pic was snapped of him while on the job, and his face started to appear on posters around town.

The guild responded by arranging for shipping him out of the city and into space, giving him papers claiming to be a bodyguard in the ward he grew up in, and telling him he had applied for an enforcer role on some planet he knew next to nothing about. They gave him no orders apart from doing the best he could on the job, and establish yourself on the planet. He never saw the face, or got a name of the man who told him all this.

So now he's in this frigate, with a bunch of people he doesn't know, and who would probably kill him if they knew the truth. And if they didn't, word would probably find it's way back to the Dispater, and he'd die anyway. But at least he'd be working on the good side of the law for now, doing what he's pretty good at anyway, for decent pay.

Rolls
    9 basic rolls and 1 reroll (2d10=17, 2d10=9, 2d10=11, 2d10=12, 2d10=14, 2d10=8, 2d10=12, 2d10=14, 2d10=16, 2d10=12), Wounds (1d5=3), Fate (1d10=10), Divination (1d100=75)

Stats:
    WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
    37 42 34 27 39 28 32 34 41

Movement: 3/6/9/18
    Wounds: 11
    Corruption Points:0
    Insanity Points: 0
    Fate Points: 3
    Skills:Awareness, Common Lore (Underworld), Dodge, Intimidate, Security, Silent Move, Speak Language (Low Gothic, Tribal Dialect)
    Talents: Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Weapon Training (Las, SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Ambidextrous
    Traits: Packing Iron, Way of the Gun

Weapons:
    Autogun: S/3/10 - 1d10+3 I;Pen 0;90m;Clip 30;Rld Full
    Stub Automatic: S/3/- 1d10+3 I;Pen 0;30m;Clip 5;Rld Full
    Compact Laspistol with Hotshot Pack - S/-/- 1d10+3 I;Pen 4;15m;Clip 1;Rld Full
    Knife 1d5+3R;Pen 0;Primitive

Armour:
    Flak Jacket(Arms, Body, Legs)3, Flak Helmet(Head)2

Ammo:
    2 Hotshot Packs, 1 Charge Pack, 5 Autogun clips, 1 Manstopper, autogun clip, 3 Stub Automatic clips

Gear:
    3 Ration Packs,Silencer, Stummer, Microbead, Corpse Hair(charm), Stimm x3, Black Bodyglove, 22 Thrones

Thrones Spent:
    Armor: 100FlJacket+25Helmet = 125
    Ammo: 45 Hotshots+25Manstopper+8 bullets (5x30autogun, 2x10 stub) = 78
    Foood: 30 Rations = 30
    Gear: 25Stummer, Microbead 20 = 45
    Total 278

22 Thrones left

SanderJK on
  • Options
    Chicago2538Chicago2538 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll have my character up tomorrow.

Chicago2538 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SanderJK: Your assassin is going to outshoot everyone as of now, he is powerful enough that I want him in on this for sure. Good rolling, and thanks for linking. Tuesday morning I'll take all my applicants and pick a party.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I got a knack for rolling crazy stats for PbP's, especially of the 40k variety, and the assassin background throws a bunch of guns your way, I bought none of those(Though I did buy the ammo, cause a bunch of guns that you can each empty once is bad).

If anyone plans on doing anything stealthy ever, a stummer is insanely good for it's measly cost.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alright, I've got two people making characters who have PM'ed me, I'll have a list of the party either tuesday night or midday wednesday. i'll probably take 6 players, so.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh well, I guess we're all in?

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Background
    Bono was born in the hive world, he grew up in a middle class family with decent parents. They were killed by scum. So he became and Arbitratior to protect the people of the Hive World so nothing like this will happen again. Bono also has an odd qurik for singing…he also looks really good and has kick ass sunglasses. He likes to throw a good YEAH YEAH YEAH in every now and then. He used to have a partner named The Edge, but one day when they were walking the streets humming a juanty tune a gangster jumped them and killed The Edge, strangley the gangsta’s name was Adam Clayton. All the while he never lost his sweet sunglasses. One day they were on a drug bust of sorts, when his captain, Larry Mullins Jr., was killed by an exploding car, also everyone else died…except Bono. So he went to a bar to get smashed, and the next thing he knew he woke up looking at Kriv yelling at him.

Sheet
    Name: Bono
    Homeworld: Hive World
    Career: Arbitrator
    Start Package: None
    WS: 37 BS: 32
    S: 28 T: 37
    Ag: 33 Int: 32
    Per: 28 WP: 31
    Fellowship: 34 Wounds: 13

Fate Points: 1 Thrones: 62
    Insanity Pts: 0 Starting XP: 400

Build: Brawny Skin Color: Tan
    Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Lenses

Quirk: You have pollution scars.
    Hive Class: Middle Hive
    Divination: Know the mutant; kill the mutant.

Traits: Accustomed to Crowds, Caves of Steel, Hivebound, Wary

Basic Skills: Tech-Use (Int) (Caves of Steel), Inquiry (Fel)

Advanced Skills: Speak Language (Hive Dialect) (Int), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int), Literacy (Int), Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)

Talents: Basic Weapons Training (SP), Melee Weapons Training (Primitive), Quick Draw

Gear: shotgun and 112 shells, brass knuckles, knife, uniform (Good Quality Clothing), 3 doses of stimm, injector, Arbitrator ID, chrono, pack of lho-sticks, chain coat, hipflask (memento), short length of chain (memento), Flak Jacket, Flak Helmet, Axe, Hand cannon and 60 bullets

Family: Your mother's name is Phebia. She walks the path of the Arbitrator. Your father's name is Red. He walks the path of the Scum. You are an only child.
    Spent XP:
    100- Rapid Reload.
    100- Ballistic skill increase (27+5=32).
    100- Sound constitution (13+1=14)
    100- Toughness increase (32+5=37)
    Bought gear:
    Flak Jacket, 3 armor, arms, body, legs. 100 thrones
    Flak Helmet, 3 armor, head. 25 thrones
    Axe, primitive melee, 1d10+1 dam. Special: primitive, unbalanced. Weight-4kg. 20 thrones
    Hand cannon, pistol, 35m range, 1d10+4 dam. Clip-5. Reload-2 full actions. 65 thrones.

Assorted ammo-
    60 stub rounds- 3 thrones
    100 shotgun shells- 5 thrones
    Rations- 3 weeks Corpse Starch rations - 30 thrones.

Chicago2538 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Background
    Bono was born in the hive world, he grew up in a middle class family with decent parents. They were killed by scum. So he became and Arbitratior to protect the people of the Hive World so nothing like this will happen again. Bono also has an odd qurik for singing…he also looks really good and has kick ass sunglasses. He likes to throw a good YEAH YEAH YEAH in every now and then. He used to have a partner named The Edge, but one day when they were walking the streets humming a juanty tune a gangster jumped them and killed The Edge, strangley the gangsta’s name was Adam Clayton. All the while he never lost his sweet sunglasses. One day they were on a drug bust of sorts, when his captain, Larry Mullins Jr., was killed by an exploding car, also everyone else died…except Bono. So he went to a bar to get smashed, and the next thing he knew he woke up looking at Kriv yelling at him.

Sheet

Advanced Skills: Speak Language (Hive Dialect) (Int), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int), Literacy (Int), Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)

Talents: Basic Weapons Training (SP), Melee Weapons Training (Primitive), Quick Draw

Gear: shotgun and 112 shells, brass knuckles, knife, uniform (Good Quality Clothing), 3 doses of stimm, injector, Arbitrator ID, chrono, pack of lho-sticks, chain coat, hipflask (memento), short length of chain (memento), Flak Jacket, Flak Helmet, Axe, Hand cannon and 60 bullets

Family: Your mother's name is Phebia. She walks the path of the Arbitrator. Your father's name is Red. He walks the path of the Scum. You are an only child.
    Spent XP:
    100- Rapid Reload.
    Bought gear:
    Axe, primitive melee, 1d10+1 dam. Special: primitive, unbalanced. Weight-4kg. 20 thrones
    Hand cannon, pistol, 35m range, 1d10+4 dam. Clip-5. Reload-2 full actions. 65 thrones.

Assorted ammo-

Chicago2538 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Background

Sheet

Spent XP:
    100- Rapid Reload.
    Bought gear:

Assorted ammo-

Chicago2538 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, the two guys who posted their characters have posts waiting mod approval, once that happens we'll all be set to play.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alright, got the applicants up in the OP, tonight I'll post the next post and the game will begin!

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

GAME BEGINS NOW

As the tiny vessel slowly approaches the landing pad, a quick lance outside its green-tinted windows reveal a fairly standard Hive World. Puffs of smog and pollution fill the air, and the midday sun beats down on those walking the littered streets, with Imperial Guardsmen standing on street corners, lasguns in hand, keeping a close eye for signs of mutant or heretic. Past the skyscrapers and roadside food vendors, you see a small building, a ramshackle of sorts, reading "Enf__er Office", the orc in Enforcer, of course, of falling off the block lettered building some time ago.

Kriv once again glances across the cabin, scowling at the four bunched in front of him. "Alright, give me names, give me occupations. Tell me why the 'ell I shouldn't 'jus send you 'all straight to a trench or to raid a Death Cult hideout now, unless 'yous wantin to have to 'ave us scrapin your brains off the walls. Make me interested in 'ya, and i'll make sure you start off with somethin a lil' less... well, deadly."

He spits onto the floor of the cabin, waiting for a reply to prove that your more than an average grunt, less disposable than the Imperial Guardsmen deployed on this Emperor forsaken planet.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Swallowing anger at the Sherrif's ignorance of the Adeptus and his poor grammar, Mordekai decides to play nice with the man.

"Because we're valuable, my good man. Every one of us has priceless skills- I, for example, can fix any machinery I can put a mech-wrench to, and am also invaluable with deduction. The average Guardsman couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag."

And neither can you, "Sherrif". You're lucky I was assigned here- talk to any other member of the Mechanicus with that attitude and see what you get. Death, if you're lucky.

Fellowship roll: Success!
    edit: did not know if I had to make a fellowship roll or not.

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Atellus turned his head slightly at the crimson robed figure, he tapped his las before turning to Kriv

"I suppose the average Guardsman couldn't, as the average guardsmen is too busy being killed. I'm not quite sure if I am average though, maybe I am, and maybe I'm not, but what I can do, if not think, is kill. Kill and shoot my Las. Though, not neccisisarily in that order, I've killed plenty of things before I shot my Las. But that isn't standard practice, some people like to shoot their gun, and others like to be gruesomely killed, I suppose it's your preference as far as shooting and killing and dying go. It seems that most guardsmen prefer to get killed, which is why I suppose you think that they couldn't think, but I'm pretty sure they can, if only enough to vocalize their pain."

Atellus blinked and put his rifle on the ground, he began to lean on it while tapping it's bayonet.

"But then again, the commissar didn't say anything when he was killed, but that was me shooting my las, not at him mind you, but around him. He didn't see what killed him thankfully, or I'd be dead too, which would make me average. It's always good not to be average, don't you agree Sheriff?"

Fellowship roll: Just to emphasize the crazy, I rolled to see, and I got a 100

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    "The name's Sherenko, and I grew up in Gunmetal City. Means I'm a decent shot. Worked as a bodyguard in the lower wards, but both the job and the location got a bit... unsavoury. So I decided to see if I could find some employment elsewhere."

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    "And I'm Bono, at your service. Since my entire unit except me was killed in an explosion, that obviously means I'm more than what I seem." He looks over the top rim of his sunglasses and says, "I'm a damn fine Arbitrator, handy with my Axe too. I like to Axe people questions, if you catch my drift. I've got a knack for staying alive in tight spots. I'm good at my job, seems to me like everyone else is too, so I'm thinkin you need to take a second look at us before you send up on that Death Cult raid."

Chicago2538 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Atellus continues while the other introduce themselves in their unique ways.

"I suppose the Commissar didn't have to get shot, but then he was being eaten, really it was only fair after he shot Jeffery. But, again, the commissar was being average. Not using that head to shoot his gun, I think he was using it to feed a daemon spawn."

He looks at Bono and Sherenko

"Do you two think I'm average? I don't think I'm dead, but then again, I might be less than outstanding in that department. Which again, would mean I'm an average person, being normally killed as is the guardsman way. Hopefully, you're both more than average, by that I mean, at least when it comes to the choice between shooting and dying, but again, that's your personal preference."

b0b52000 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kriv scans over the four, then leans back against a wall, seemingly impressed. (+1 Influence) "Well, this is 'jus what I was wantin'! Hey pilot, take us down nice and easy like, I don't want you breakin' our newest recruits spines before they even set foot on the bloody plan-" His sentence is cut short by a hail of gunfire smashing against the left side hull of the small frigate hovering over the landing pad. The pilot's head shakes violently as a bullet passes through the left of his skull and into the right, his lifeless head bouncing against the controls of the ship and the tiny frigate veering violently to the right.

The frigate begins to spin out of control towards the landing pad, and through the tinted windows, and the quickly spinning machine, you can see people on the street running from your vessel as it plummets towards the ground below. Kriv grips his burly hands onto the door he was standing in, grimacing as you spin towards a possible death. "'Old on, and get ready to open fire!" The ship smashes violently into the ground, but perhaps you had time to do something, brace yourself at least, before the impact.

(Link me a roll if you attempt to do something)

You can hear the sound of gunfire and screams (if your conscious) after the crash, and the ship has had the entire left side of its hull caved in, the only exits seeming to be the windows. You can see two men firing at a lone guardsmen, tucked behind an overturned food stand, holding his rifle close, pinned down. If there are other men there, you cannot see them from your current position.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Atellus yelps at the pilot's quick death

"You see! Average men act in average ways!"

Atellus jumped to the cockpit and attempts to seize the controls, easing their crash

Intelligence roll on the controls with a toughness roll for the crash: Intelligence roll: Pass hard
    Toughness roll: Fail hard

b0b52000 on