[True Blood]...what is going on?

1202123252669

Posts

  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    skeldare wrote: »

    4) Jessica is hot.

    And with one image you make this thread NSFW. :)

    Had to get your attentions somehow.

    KoopahTroopah on
    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I just think it's a general problem in fiction and we're being presented a skewed view:
    We see the slanted portion of vampires because, yeah, it's entertaining. Having non-fucked-up vampires on screen would be boring. Jessica offed random trucker just for that reason. She sure snapped into minding her P's and Q's quick after. All the other vampires sure seem to be capable of not snacking on people. They just don't want to. So yeah, most of the vampires on the show should be staked. But so should most of the humans/other things. Tara hasn't done anything yet, though, as a vampire. We'll see who she eats, though.

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I just think it's a general problem in fiction and we're being presented a skewed view:
    We see the slanted portion of vampires because, yeah, it's entertaining. Having non-fucked-up vampires on screen would be boring. Jessica offed random trucker just for that reason. She sure snapped into minding her P's and Q's quick after. All the other vampires sure seem to be capable of not snacking on people. They just don't want to. So yeah, most of the vampires on the show should be staked. But so should most of the humans/other things. Tara hasn't done anything yet, though, as a vampire. We'll see who she eats, though.
    There was the heavyset neighborlady, though - no one even knew she was a vampire. And a couple of the "extra" vampires are really OK. Especially in the books (which I get don't count, but the book has more "screen time" than the show to give ordinary supes) there are some fairly normal vampires. Hadley was fairly normal.

    But, while it's cute to say "She should be glad she got youth and superpowers" the fact is becoming a soulless cannibal and knowing you are nothing but your own memories inhabiting your own dead body, with substantially alien drives constantly warping your intention probably actually is pretty traumatic. Knowing her spiritual life as a human is over is likely extra disturbing for Tara, since Tara knows - not believes or thinks or hopes or is agnostic about, but concretely knows - there is an afterlife and that afterlife, while not explicitly christian, is in some ways moralistic.

    JohnnyCache on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    At this point I honestly think Sookie serves no purpose in this show other than getting naked, and frankly as hot as she is it's not worth having to put up with 99% of her time on screen.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I honestly think bill and eric missed a good opportunity to scapegoat Russell being alive on Nan

    "Why didn't you kill him?!"
    "Nan told us he would come in handy, we were ordered not to""


    She doesn't seem like she was actually that popular with them

    you uh. really want to lie to the authority?

    the people who inject deadly poison into your veins as an interrogation technique?

  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    At this point I honestly think Sookie serves no purpose in this show other than getting naked, and frankly as hot as she is it's not worth having to put up with 99% of her time on screen.

    boy are you ever misunderstanding the demographic of this show

    without the normal girl that all the creatures are in love with even though they're slumming with her this show would be off the air /cynicism

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i can't stop clicking that spoiler.

  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    i can't stop clicking that spoiler.

    Lol. I dunno if it was worth the infraction but god damn she is sexy.

    They have a lot to cover and some good and interesting plot lines this season. I just don't know where Tara's gonna go.
    I can easily see her uncontrollably killing someone from hunger and then five episodes of her crying about it (a la Interview with the Vampire), which would be awful. They would effectively bring back the Tara we hate, but now as a vampire. Instead of doing it the smart way IMO, and killing off her character but keeping the actress to play this new deranged vampire.

    KoopahTroopah on
    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

    That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

    Really? I thought it was damn adorable. Do you expect werewolves to only shift into adult wolves or something? Seems to make perfect sense with weres that the age of the creature they shift into is based on their comparative age.

    Also, it made my gf "squeee", so that pretty much invalidates your opinion then and there.


    The Terry plotline I'll give you... I love Terry, I think he's an awesome character, but I'm not fully sold that he should have his own major plotlines.

  • silverbuddysilverbuddy Registered User
    Bottom line, I hope someone does a piece of art, similar to an X-man cover, with sookie shooting beams out of her hand a la Havok, Sam changing into a T-Rex whilst fighting Russel, Tara using her super speed to beat up some robbers, Lafayette summoning the ghost of Abe Lincoln, and, of course, Jason having sex with some girl.

    Needs to happen!

  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    of course, Jason having sex with some girl.

    Not if Rev. Newlin has anything to say about it.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Bottom line, I hope someone does a piece of art, similar to an X-man cover, with sookie shooting beams out of her hand a la Havok, Sam changing into a T-Rex whilst fighting Russel, Tara using her super speed to beat up some robbers, Lafayette summoning the ghost of Abe Lincoln, and, of course, Jason having sex with some girl.

    Needs to happen!

    Silver, you mother f'n genius. This is the kind of fan fic / art that legends are made of. I concur, needs to happen.

    steam_sig.png
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    Bottom line, I hope someone does a piece of art, similar to an X-man cover, with sookie shooting beams out of her hand a la Havok, Sam changing into a T-Rex whilst fighting Russel, Tara using her super speed to beat up some robbers, Lafayette summoning the ghost of Abe Lincoln, and, of course, Jason having sex with some girl.

    Needs to happen!

    Silver, you mother f'n genius. This is the kind of fan fic / art that legends are made of. I concur, needs to happen.

    Needs eric, just standing there, in a three wolf/moon shirt.

  • TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

    That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

    Really? I thought it was damn adorable. Do you expect werewolves to only shift into adult wolves or something? Seems to make perfect sense with weres that the age of the creature they shift into is based on their comparative age.

    Also, it made my gf "squeee", so that pretty much invalidates your opinion then and there.


    The Terry plotline I'll give you... I love Terry, I think he's an awesome character, but I'm not fully sold that he should have his own major plotlines.

    I just watched the episode On Demand, and at the end they do a little piece with the director and writer (I think that's who they were) where they talk about a couple of the scenes. One that they talked about was the last scene. They were saying that they wanted to make that scene more dramatic, but it just wasn't physically possible to make a wolf cub in pajamas not adorable.

  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

    That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

    Really? I thought it was damn adorable. Do you expect werewolves to only shift into adult wolves or something? Seems to make perfect sense with weres that the age of the creature they shift into is based on their comparative age.

    Also, it made my gf "squeee", so that pretty much invalidates your opinion then and there.


    The Terry plotline I'll give you... I love Terry, I think he's an awesome character, but I'm not fully sold that he should have his own major plotlines.

    I just watched the episode On Demand, and at the end they do a little piece with the director and writer (I think that's who they were) where they talk about a couple of the scenes. One that they talked about was the last scene. They were saying that they wanted to make that scene more dramatic, but it just wasn't physically possible to make a wolf cub in pajamas not adorable.

    And? There's nothing wrong with adorable. It's a nice break from the typical sights of brutal death and Viking ass (though as a heterosexual man, Eric's ass is just one of many reasons I'm jealous of him) that are usually in this show. Well, that and boobs... but nothing wrong with boobs.

    Personally, I hope someone bitchslaps the crap out of Luna. She's easy on the eyes, but this last episode I was totally with Sam... bitch is actin' crazy.

  • TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

    That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

    Really? I thought it was damn adorable. Do you expect werewolves to only shift into adult wolves or something? Seems to make perfect sense with weres that the age of the creature they shift into is based on their comparative age.

    Also, it made my gf "squeee", so that pretty much invalidates your opinion then and there.


    The Terry plotline I'll give you... I love Terry, I think he's an awesome character, but I'm not fully sold that he should have his own major plotlines.

    I just watched the episode On Demand, and at the end they do a little piece with the director and writer (I think that's who they were) where they talk about a couple of the scenes. One that they talked about was the last scene. They were saying that they wanted to make that scene more dramatic, but it just wasn't physically possible to make a wolf cub in pajamas not adorable.

    And? There's nothing wrong with adorable. It's a nice break from the typical sights of brutal death and Viking ass (though as a heterosexual man, Eric's ass is just one of many reasons I'm jealous of him) that are usually in this show. Well, that and boobs... but nothing wrong with boobs.

    Personally, I hope someone bitchslaps the crap out of Luna. She's easy on the eyes, but this last episode I was totally with Sam... bitch is actin' crazy.

    The point they were trying to make was that they intended that scene to have a much more dramatic impact on the viewer. During editing, they knew it missed the emotional mark they were aiming for because the one guy said that he giggled every single time he saw it. But they just left it like that because it was unavoidably adorable.

    That's not a complaint or anything. I just thought that little bit of behing-the-scenes stuff was interesting.

  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

    That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

    Really? I thought it was damn adorable. Do you expect werewolves to only shift into adult wolves or something? Seems to make perfect sense with weres that the age of the creature they shift into is based on their comparative age.

    Also, it made my gf "squeee", so that pretty much invalidates your opinion then and there.


    The Terry plotline I'll give you... I love Terry, I think he's an awesome character, but I'm not fully sold that he should have his own major plotlines.

    I just watched the episode On Demand, and at the end they do a little piece with the director and writer (I think that's who they were) where they talk about a couple of the scenes. One that they talked about was the last scene. They were saying that they wanted to make that scene more dramatic, but it just wasn't physically possible to make a wolf cub in pajamas not adorable.

    And? There's nothing wrong with adorable. It's a nice break from the typical sights of brutal death and Viking ass (though as a heterosexual man, Eric's ass is just one of many reasons I'm jealous of him) that are usually in this show. Well, that and boobs... but nothing wrong with boobs.

    Personally, I hope someone bitchslaps the crap out of Luna. She's easy on the eyes, but this last episode I was totally with Sam... bitch is actin' crazy.

    The point they were trying to make was that they intended that scene to have a much more dramatic impact on the viewer. During editing, they knew it missed the emotional mark they were aiming for because the one guy said that he giggled every single time he saw it. But they just left it like that because it was unavoidably adorable.

    That's not a complaint or anything. I just thought that little bit of behing-the-scenes stuff was interesting.

    I smiled at it, it's god damn baby wolf in pajamas. It's so freaking cute.

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Lafayette was chained in the basement because he was caught selling V.

    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Lafayette was chained in the basement because he was caught selling V.

    Oh, that makes it totally legal to kidnap and torture him. Or rather, it doesn't. Erik just wanted the monopoly on V. Which is... actually kinda evil. Which proves my point.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Lafayette was chained in the basement because he was caught selling V.

    Oh, that makes it totally legal to kidnap and torture him. Or rather, it doesn't. Erik just wanted the monopoly on V. Which is... actually kinda evil. Which proves my point.

    Are we discussing moral or legal? Because the V comes out of the vampires - it's theirs to sell or not sell, morally. Taking it from them to sell is a choice death and therefore far less moral.

    It's the difference between being a high class call girl and a pimp.

  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Lafayette was chained in the basement because he was caught selling V.

    Oh, that makes it totally legal to kidnap and torture him. Or rather, it doesn't. Erik just wanted the monopoly on V. Which is... actually kinda evil. Which proves my point.

    Are we discussing moral or legal? Because the V comes out of the vampires - it's theirs to sell or not sell, morally. Taking it from them to sell is a choice death and therefore far less moral.

    It's the difference between being a high class call girl and a pimp.

    So if I secreted crack from my crack gland, it would be morally okay for me to sell it? I'm not one to moralize about drugs, but there are some substances that are just too dangerous not to be regulated, and V fits just about all the definitions. Highly addictive? Check. Hinders judgement? Check. Gives dangerous levels of strength (like magic PCP)? Hallucinogenic? Check. Lets bloodsucking monsters know when you are vulnerable, and makes you have feelings for them? Check.

    Listen, realistically there is plenty of reason that V should be on the marketplace... as a perscription drug, or in stock at hospitals. Even if Erik had been selling V on behalf of his ambitious queen to local hospitals, however, it wouldn't make it morally correct to kidnap Lafayette and torture him in a dungeon. He should have let the cops take care of it.

    Hence my point. Evil fuck.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    Chickens are not sentient beings, and you are not a monster that used to be human.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    This is getting surreal.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • TheCanManTheCanMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Are we really moralizing over True Blood? Really?
    vwiNA.jpg

    Really?

    TheCanMan on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Are we really moralizing over True Blood? Really?
    vwiNA.jpg

    Really?

    I wonder if they've had a three way yet in real life.

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Are we really moralizing over True Blood? Really?
    vwiNA.jpg

    Really?

    I wonder if they've had a three way yet in real life.

    I think they said so at a press junket, in the season that followed them getting married in real life.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    Chickens are not sentient beings, and you are not a monster that used to be human.

    Can we talk about how the lore of vampires being created in God's image while humans are just there to be foodstuffs sounds ridiculous given that vampires were all humans at one point? It's not like vampires beget more vampires directly... (or do they, I suppose.)

    Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    Chickens are not sentient beings, and you are not a monster that used to be human.

    Can we talk about how the lore of vampires being created in God's image while humans are just there to be foodstuffs sounds ridiculous given that vampires were all humans at one point? It's not like vampires beget more vampires directly... (or do they, I suppose.)

    I thought technically not all vampires were humans once.

    ...Maybe I'm thinking of Blade lore.

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Hey, its cool if think that every cannibalistic culture in history were irreparably evil. You're wrong, but that's cool.

    It doesn't make you evil to kill, that just isn't how it works. Its about the motivation.

    And I know I'm going to get jumped on for that, but it's completely true.

    Good example is, since you've established that animals aren't sentiment, would be chimps, who wage war and kill and rape and enslave. Unless you're saying chimps are evil. But if they're evil, then they're sentient. And if they're sentient, then aren't all animals? Lions will kill their own children to protect their place in leadership, after all. Isn't that evil? Of course not, because they're lions.

    You've got to look at vampires the same way--they aren't us.

    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Are we really moralizing over True Blood? Really?
    vwiNA.jpg

    Really?

    I'm not moralizing, per se, I'm just noting that while the show is entertaining, I wouldn't want to meet any of the vampires in the show in real life. They're all criminals and terrible people. The show's premise about vampires integrating into human society is hilarious, because the vampires flout the law pretty much whenever it's convenient.

    When the good guys are mezzing cops? You're kinda in muddy waters.

    NOTE: I can't see your spoiler through my firewall.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Are we really moralizing over True Blood? Really?
    vwiNA.jpg

    Really?

    I'm not moralizing, per se, I'm just noting that while the show is entertaining, I wouldn't want to meet any of the vampires in the show in real life. They're all criminals and terrible people. The show's premise about vampires integrating into human society is hilarious, because the vampires flout the law pretty much whenever it's convenient.

    When the good guys are mezzing cops? You're kinda in muddy waters.

    NOTE: I can't see your spoiler through my firewall.

    It's the bloody and naked implied threesome rolling stone cover.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Except that people are food to vampires. Do I care if dozens of chickens are slaughtered to feed me? Nope. So when a vampire kills someone.. its not like they're killing an equal.

    Chickens are not sentient beings, and you are not a monster that used to be human.

    Can we talk about how the lore of vampires being created in God's image while humans are just there to be foodstuffs sounds ridiculous given that vampires were all humans at one point? It's not like vampires beget more vampires directly... (or do they, I suppose.)

    I thought technically not all vampires were humans once.

    ...Maybe I'm thinking of Blade lore.

    I don't recall any of that in True Blood, but I'd assume that in their belief system there was still a vampire created first, with humans then created to be their foodstuff/means of reproduction.

  • rizriz Registered User regular
    I would have to rewatch the episode to check, but as I recall:
    the Authority dude said God created Lilith who was a vampire and then created man to be her cattle. If all the rest of the vampires are just former humans, what does that really make them? I guess one could argue that a human woman takes in food and "creates" a baby out of that energy too but that's not quite the same thing...

    Organichu wrote:
    she's some sort of malevolent creature who bores through this world into the next using hatred and suffering as her fuel
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    RE: The Authority
    Man they are such hypocrites. They all partake in the Lillith ritual and talk about humans being created as their food. Then they go on and on about how integration with humans is mandatory. Of course, they're not the first religious hypocrites to walk the earth... wait, actually they probably are, literally.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    RE: The Authority
    Man they are such hypocrites. They all partake in the Lillith ritual and talk about humans being created as their food. Then they go on and on about how integration with humans is mandatory. Of course, they're not the first religious hypocrites to walk the earth... wait, actually they probably are, literally.

    That hypocrisy was revealed in full when Edgington killed the shit out of the news anchor.

    Remember that the authority rep had her plaything in the vehicle with her when he called out their hypocrisy to the world. They have always been all about creating a good face for their cause, and using "special vampire powers" to make people forget the bad stuff they do.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Registered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    We've seen nothing to indicate you become a soulless monster when you become a vampire. Just a bunch of assholes getting power and going on a rampage. Totally their personal failing, not a blanket foreordained result of becoming almost immortal. Eddie is just proof it's down to the individual. Eddie could have tore up anyone he wanted, Tara was throwing people around as a 5 seconds old vampire. You can't interpret "I'll never forgive you." as anything other than "A Vampire?! Nooooo!" since not even Tara is stupid enough to be saying "You saved my life? DAMN YOU!". Or maybe she did want to die and I have misjudged her badly. But no, she's stupid. Too much evidence for it.

    The show is a trashy comic book ALREADY, so...yeah, go go comic book fights etc, leave out the fairie who sleeps with murderous and extra murderous vampires having soul searing moral qualms about executing a repeated threat to her life and active-5-seconds-ago murderer. Sookie should be shooting first at this point just on general principle, actually. Start Zapping people with fairy power for style points!

    The fact that 95% of the vampires we've met on the show were murderers means nothing to you?

    Not sure what we've decided on for spoilers yet, so:
    Tara is able to tear up shit as a newborn because she's got incredibly potent blood. Godric (2000+ years old) > Erik Northman (1000+ years old) > Pam (100+ years old) > Tara . The vampire that turned Eddie was most certainly street-level trash without much of a pedigree. Every human he knew had power over him from the start.

    He's also a bit of the exception that proves the rule; was he good because he was good, or was he good because he had no power to be evil?

    I suppose we're going to see how long it takes Tara to lose her humanity. My guess is that it won't be long before she outright murders someone for food. Not because I have no faith in her, but it's just that kind of show, and pretty much every vampire they've portrayed besides Eddie has been an evil fuck. Jessica started early with murdering truckers. Bill killed an old, helpless man for being a borderline child molestor towards Sookie when he was younger. Erik kept Lafayette chained in his dungeon... for no great reason other than it gave him a chuckle (and to be eventual lunch). I mean, I could go on, but we'd eventually just get to Russell Fucking Edgington.

    They're all evil fucks. They wouldn't go ahead and make every vampire on the show an evil fuck if they mean to say that not all vampires are evil fucks. The only real question is whether or not they are entertaining evil fucks.

    :twisted:

    Lafayette was chained in the basement because he was caught selling V.

    Oh, that makes it totally legal to kidnap and torture him. Or rather, it doesn't. Erik just wanted the monopoly on V. Which is... actually kinda evil. Which proves my point.

    Are we discussing moral or legal? Because the V comes out of the vampires - it's theirs to sell or not sell, morally. Taking it from them to sell is a choice death and therefore far less moral.

    It's the difference between being a high class call girl and a pimp.

    So if I secreted crack from my crack gland, it would be morally okay for me to sell it? I'm not one to moralize about drugs, but there are some substances that are just too dangerous not to be regulated, and V fits just about all the definitions. Highly addictive? Check. Hinders judgement? Check. Gives dangerous levels of strength (like magic PCP)? Hallucinogenic? Check. Lets bloodsucking monsters know when you are vulnerable, and makes you have feelings for them? Check.

    Listen, realistically there is plenty of reason that V should be on the marketplace... as a perscription drug, or in stock at hospitals. Even if Erik had been selling V on behalf of his ambitious queen to local hospitals, however, it wouldn't make it morally correct to kidnap Lafayette and torture him in a dungeon. He should have let the cops take care of it.

    Hence my point. Evil fuck.

    If i had a crack gland, me selling the crack would be higher on a moral ladder than someone beating me up for the crack, selling it, and giving me none of the money, absolutely.

  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Hey, its cool if think that every cannibalistic culture in history were irreparably evil. You're wrong, but that's cool.

    It doesn't make you evil to kill, that just isn't how it works. Its about the motivation.

    And I know I'm going to get jumped on for that, but it's completely true.

    Good example is, since you've established that animals aren't sentiment, would be chimps, who wage war and kill and rape and enslave. Unless you're saying chimps are evil. But if they're evil, then they're sentient. And if they're sentient, then aren't all animals? Lions will kill their own children to protect their place in leadership, after all. Isn't that evil? Of course not, because they're lions.

    You've got to look at vampires the same way--they aren't us.

    Killing a living, sentient being that does not want to die so that you can eat it when you have an alternative that doesn't require you to kill a living, sentient being is pretty damn evil. There's a reason cannibalistic culture has a pretty strong taboo in the vast majority of cultures around the world. Lions and chimps do those things because of instinct, not reasoned intellectual decision making. That's why they're not sentient.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
Sign In or Register to comment.