As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Ginger was fantastic. The person writing the intros needs to be paid more.

I think the actor playing Bill just found out what the American Civil War was about and decided he wanted some hamfisted flashbacks to show he isn't playing a racist. That or the show took a 'fair and balanced' approach and since they had Relublicunts, they had to show 'states rights.'

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Ginger was fantastic. The person writing the intros needs to be paid more.

I think the actor playing Bill just found out what the American Civil War was about and decided he wanted some hamfisted flashbacks to show he isn't playing a racist. That or the show took a 'fair and balanced' approach and since they had Relublicunts, they had to show 'states rights.'

I have no idea what the Bill flashbacks are about, but that intro scene with Ginger was pure gold. For a second the show reminded me why I love it. Then the rest of the episode happened...

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Five minutes in and I've already laughed out loud. The sudden drop into Tokyo Drift was a little much.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Five minutes in and I've already laughed out loud. The sudden drop into Tokyo Drift was a little much.

Funny, I literally thought the exact same thing.

"When did I start watching F&F Tokyo Drift?"

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    And suddenly
    having an antidote makes the whole point of Bill dying meaningless

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I don't get it. It's the last season, you're supposed to tie up loose ends not start new story threads.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, this episode continuing the season's theme of "What the fucking fuck?"

• Options
    I am kinda glad though that
    They didn't go with "Magic Fae blood cures it!", though immediately kind of sad that they went with the opposite. I wish that Sookie's magic faerie blood just didn't fucking matter, just once.

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    I am still waiting for the magical reset. or bigfoot. I am positive one of those two things will happen in the final episode.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Goblinization day. Somebody ends up working at Renraku.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I swear if this V-induced vision quest bullshit ends with the revelation that Aunt Crazy killed Tara, I'm gonna be put right out.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Gyral wrote: »
    I swear if this V-induced vision quest bullshit ends with the revelation that Aunt Crazy killed Tara, I'm gonna be put right out.
    Wait, do you think that Lettie Mae didn't kill Tara, or are you saying that the vision quest better not end up with Lafayette figuring it out all "oooh it was magic"-y?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Wait, do you think that Lettie Mae didn't kill Tara, or are you saying that the vision quest better not end up with Lafayette figuring it out all "oooh it was magic"-y?
    I'm saying that I would love for them to not piss away almost an hour of this season for something that they could have shown in the first episode. BAM! Mystery solved! NEXT!

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I'm saying that I would love for them to not piss away almost an hour of this season for something that they could have shown in the first episode. BAM! Mystery solved! NEXT!
    I think it's more a Lafayette character arc.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

i need to know if the yakuza is still cruising around in 2003

does true blood take place in the past. was that a hint for a time jump finale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

i need to know if the yakuza is still cruising around in 2003

does true blood take place in the past. was that a hint for a time jump finale.

Season 7 takes place in 2011.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    also

holy shit get lafayette into a good plot please

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    also

holy shit get lafayette into a good plot please

I'm afraid we're too late for that.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    What a boring episode. I don't have any issues with *what* happened during it, but did it have to drag and be dull the entire time?

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    You all think too much. I enjoyed this episode. I mean, come on, toby's wife was in this episode! What's not to love?

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Andy plot is best plot.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So i'm not the only one hoping all the vampires except Jessica die at the end right?

Possibly even Jessica.

Like,
    the cure happens and then they all kill each other in whatever plot is going on with Violet.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Yeah, I can see:
    Violet kills andy's last daughter, he mentally checks out and kills Jessica because he will blame her (Violet's plan, obv). This leads to Jason killing Violet.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Japanese Business Man with a Strong Texan Accent and his Yakuza gang driving Tokyo Drift cars were the absolute best. Eric and Pam still wearing their Republican disguises just increased my enjoyment of those scenes.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So when Pam got immediately captured (just like the flashback) I was annoyed. She's not even the sick one, how is she so bad at this?!

Later on, the estate lawyer scenes were pretty good, especially the closer to the sequence (seriously think about more guards if you're going to be that stupid though lady).

Finally, Andy's kids were pretty hilariously eager to jump right into the noose. "Hey come with me to my secret place! Also leave your only means of communicating the outside world. Oh and for safety, please get in these burlap sacs and baste yourselves with this cooking oil."

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's probably been said a lot of times, but if humans found a way to not be glamoured, they'd really want to keep the methodology to themselves. Like, if I'm a vampire, as soon as some smug human is all "I got magic contact lenses bro you can't glamour me," then I just hold them down and remove the contact lenses and then glamour them to get whatever I want. It's not like it's fucking hard to remove a contact lens, and especially not when you have the strength to just grab somebody's neck and hold them immobilized.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    I... I actually liked that episode, and not in a "Oh man what a trainwreck" way that I've liked the past several.

I think the writers have discarded all the shit they didn't want to deal with and are finally running the season they want to run. Bill's scenes, in particular, were significantly better than all his previous scenes this season.

Don't get me wrong, it's not great. It's really, really not great, but it felt more authentic to the spirit of the show.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    So has V had 4 or 5 different effects throughout the series now?

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It seems like sometimes you drink V and you're transported to some alternate dimension and have visions of dead people or whatever the fuck you want. Sometimes you just get super strength, sometimes you just heal quickly, and if you're Sookie, nothing happens at all.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    V does whatever the writer currently wants it to do.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I think that
    the cure stays a secret and only a select few of the shows vampires (plz Eric and Pam plz) get it and all the rest die off. The world thinks vampires are extinct and the few survivors keep it that way. Bill has to die because he's famous. Maybe the writers gave him crazy super fast hep so he'll miss out on Eric & Pam discovering the cure. They will come back with it too late. Back to the good old days.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    They gloss over the 'get really high' when getting healed most times just because its really inconvenient to show each time, and doesnt have a real effect on whats going on.

I bet the current bill plotline means
    he has to get married to leave the property to someone. I WONDER WHICH RECENT SINGLE IT WILL BE

I also be they ignore that girl he was banging(the great*4 granddaughter?) is an actual living relative too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They gloss over the 'get really high' when getting healed most times just because its really inconvenient to show each time, and doesnt have a real effect on whats going on.

he has to get married to leave the property to someone. I WONDER WHICH RECENT SINGLE IT WILL BE

I also be they ignore that girl he was banging(the great*4 granddaughter?) is an actual living relative too.
    Well she hasn't been in the show since what, season 4?

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular

Yeah, but
    She's Andy's sister, meaning that Andy is descended from Bill too.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    gjaustin wrote: »

Yeah, but
    She's Andy's sister, meaning that Andy is descended from Bill too.
    More importantly, Adelaide.

:winky:

Delmain on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Remember when we were saying the faerie babies would spend a bunch of their time being deliberately suicidal? Boy did that turn out to be true.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Adelaide had Jessica's blood, so when threatened, Jessica will come running. When she gets there, does Violet kill her, or are they going to have a no tee shirt contest for Jason's love?

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    FWIW, it's Adilyn not Adelaide

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'd feel confident betting my paycheck that if a no shirt contest broke out, it won't involve the front half of Jessica.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I'd feel confident betting my paycheck that if a no shirt contest broke out, it won't involve the front half of Jessica.

At this point they have teased it so hard and made it such a running gag that it would almost be a shame if she ended up showing the goods at the very end.
    I'd still watch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...