As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] League

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In vegas you lose karma for stealing from people you just murdered (who you didn't lose karma for murdering). But its such a minimal drop I'm still wasteland jesus with the occaisional theft.

I'm the axel foley of the wasteland, before I was the savior of the wastes I broke the occaisional rule as a child...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just helped someone on phone support and records say he's dead.

Greeper on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Or how about Ghouls and The Brotherhood of Steel.

BoS: Man we hate those ghouls so much, we shoot them on sight
    Me: Ok I'll go kill ghouls.

Returns later

BoS: Wow you are one evil son of a bitch.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    In vegas you lose karma for stealing from people you just murdered (who you didn't lose karma for murdering). But its such a minimal drop I'm still wasteland jesus with the occaisional theft.

I'm the axel foley of the wasteland, before I was the savior of the wastes I broke the occaisional rule as a child...
    I steal anything that looks good

I do not give two shits

those like, three huge shelves of weapon repair kit components in novac?

picked fucking clean

Elendil on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    Ethics Bomb

It's fine to steal bread as long as you don't write a shitty 90's alternative-rock ballad out of it.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man, the "welcome back" you guys are talking about.
    and when you're like "yeah I died and Cerberus resurrected me"

They respond with, "HOW CAN YOU WORK FOR THEM?"

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    Me2/Arrival
    Winky's got a point

they are not like, going to promote you much once you join the terrorist organization and commit batarian genocide

so kaidan maybe moving up the ranks further than you isn't surprising

probably should have gotten a bump up after the citadel though, given that you're in all the join the alliance navy ads and shit

So the alliance military just forgets that cerberous was one of their black ops programs to begin with? Or if not for your intervention as part of that organization there would now be a human reaper backed by the collectors?

Bioware really relies too much on the "No one trusts you/believes you are telling the truth despite you continually being right about everything." Yeah its true to 24, but even on 24 people started listening to Jack Bauer when shit was going down.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life
    THIS INVASION OF INSECT MONSTERS THAT YOU JUST FOILED IS CLEARLY THE WORK OF CERBERUS

Elendil on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life
    The Shephard I Knew would have killed himself again to spite Cerberus!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Writing a paper, feelin' like a scientist.

Totally skimming off of previous results, less standing on shoulders of giants more stealing giants notebook and then scrawling my name on it but whatever.

Man I cannot believe I've written so little so far. Let this be a lesson to undergrads who want to go into the field: get your name on some papes.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Greeper wrote: »
    The Question and the Flash are the best JLU members

Ayup.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life

Seriously!

Oh I'm sorry while I was fucking dead I didn't write and tell you I was slowly being ressurected by a corporation who only wants to save the galaxy from a threat our government is ignoring. Next time I'll remember it makes you feel bad.

Why don't you yell at Anderson you sniveling asshole? He knew too!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

This probably means you have caught dead from him. Sorry dude.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Ah, Eddie Murphy when he was funny.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    desc, Loom is up! Do something rad!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

"So I'm trying to get my cable modem working down on the shores of Lethe. For some reason my MacBook can't get online."

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Ah, Eddie Murphy when he was funny.

Yeah Beverly Hills Cop was one of my first lessons in "This sequel doesn't exist." Land.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Let's discuss how long we need to spoil things for games. ME2 has been out for a year and a half and it's already been on sale on Steam for like $5 or $10.

When does it lose its spoiler status?

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    With Horizon I just have to believe there will be something to make up for it in 3. Takyris hinted at it very obliquely in a PM.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life

Yeah, that's what got me.
    Out of all the characters, you'd think the love interests from the first ME would have a huge :shock: reaction when you stroll up all not being dead and shit and pluck their ass from the fire, again. But no. It's straight up drama llama time.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Let's discuss how long we need to spoil things for games. ME2 has been out for a year and a half and it's already been on sale on Steam for like $5 or $10.

Off the cuff I'd say at least 5 years after it was released. At minimum.

It's just respectful and it's easy.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man I loved my asshole Shepard during both games.

For ME2 it was constantly him just mouthing the hell off to

Um I guess we're spoiling this
    Cerberus, then immediately turning around and screaming "SHUT UP I'LL DO WHAT I HAVE TO" whenever someone else was like "man, fucking Cerberus" You can't trust Asshole Shepard. You can't bond with him "bro". Now get to work.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure everyone's played ME2 like, fourteen times by now

Elendil on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was always pissed off in ME2 because I was sole survivor Shep. If it hadn't been for Cerberus I'd just be [strike]sole survivor[/strike] Shep. Yet not once do they acknowledge that and Shepard sort of ignores that little fact

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm just spoiling it because some of it is stuff from previews of ME 3 and not everyone is up on that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011

The day people stop playing it for the first time.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So, Dead space crashes for me in the same place each and every time. If I try to load the beginning of Chapter 9 save, then it crashes.

If I start at the end of chapter 8 and take the tram, then it also crashes. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If throwing up a spoiler tag is too much effort, I think there's a thread in G&T where it's a given that everyone has played Mass Effect.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I saw! Will do it when I get home from work.

SPOILER ALERT **** I have no fucking clue what Loom is going to attempt.

desc on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Havelock wrote: »

... They

Brought

Me

Back

To

Life

Yeah, that's what got me.
    Out of all the characters, you'd think the love interests from the first ME would have a huge :shock: reaction when you stroll up all not being dead and shit and pluck their ass from the fire, again. But no. It's straight up drama llama time.

i had the same reaction to it

you would think the conversation would go a bit differently

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Some of us have

yknow

lives.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Back home from boardgame night. One round of Small World (my Historian Giants didn't accomplish much, those damn Fortified Humans dominated the board), one round of Citadels.

Had two attractive girls glancing at me the entire night. Alas, turns out they're 18.

I'll go sit in a corner and feel old now.

Echo on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I saw! Will do it when I get home from work.

SPOILER ALERT **** I have no fucking clue what Loom is going to attempt.

The saddest part is that your character is the hardest for me to plan for simply because he has so much potential.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also I totally laughed in my second me2 playthrough (still ongoing) when I walked into my captain's quarters and had a photo of Liara sitting on the desk.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Back home from boardgame night. One round of Small World (my Historian Giants didn't accomplish much, those damn Fortified Humans dominated the board), one round of Citadels.

Had two attractive girls glancing at me the entire night. Alas, turns out they're 18.

Grass on the field means you can consensually swap fluids with them. Aren't you "fully functional" cmdr data?

You know how fucking bad does it have to be for everyone else on the enterprise for a damn machine to be a higher rank then you are?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the end of me2 was fun though
    i totally gave cerberus the finger and walked away in slowmo as an explosion went off behind me

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »

No mounted white ladies for you tonight, I guess.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i totally gave cerberus the finger and walked away in slowmo as an explosion went off behind me

obvious best choice

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

That was kind of a tough decision for me actually. But it seemed so right afterward.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also I totally laughed in my second me2 playthrough (still ongoing) when I walked into my captain's quarters and had a photo of Liara sitting on the desk.
    Yeah, I think I'm stuck with her now. I did romance Kelly, but uhh, she kind of died at the end of it and dead women tell no tales.

I didn't know that you had do legions loyalty mission last instead of first or your crew dies.

Niceguy Myeye on
This discussion has been closed.