As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Regular Ordinary Swedish [Chat] Time

• Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Try out the tutorials, they're kinda fun.

Shanadeus on
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just downloaded TF2 and I am trying to figure out how the fuck to actually play a game.

The way I've been playing is to choose one of the classes, almost at random, then proceed to get killed inside of a minute with maybe getting 1 kill in if I'm lucky.

iguanacus on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yeah the tutorials are kinda neat in that they give you a feel for a few of the classes

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've played the game a couple of years ago, my issue with the game is technical. I can't get any servers to load.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Moving to Brooklyn tomorrow!

I'm going to be able to bike to work!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    I'm not gonna spoil anything but fuck, the new Transformers movie has plot holes big enough to drive the fucking Titanic through. And that one line, coming from Nemoy? Fuck that shit.

What if the Titanic transformed into some kind of even bigger ship? With wings?

What?

You mean THIS?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Podly wrote: »

Welcome to the borough! What neighborhood are you headed to?

TomeWyrm on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

*gasp*

Can you get The Scout's autograph for me?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    By train, plane and sedan chair, Peter Ustinov retraces a journey made by Mark Twain a century ago. The highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector.

Your move, Oxford Style Guide.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

*gasp*

He's from Boston. :x

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iguanacus wrote: »
    I just downloaded TF2 and I am trying to figure out how the fuck to actually play a game.

The way I've been playing is to choose one of the classes, almost at random, then proceed to get killed inside of a minute with maybe getting 1 kill in if I'm lucky.

I've refined that process, getting killed with thirty seconds and killing nobody. I am truly awful at teef2.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

*gasp*

Wut? Boston = Pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd

emnmnme on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    kosh did i tell you i got spoiled on dance with dragons by some cunt through IM?

so mad

I am so...so...very sorry.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

*gasp*

"The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston..." - the OFFICIAL Team Fortress 2 website

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

*gasp*

"The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston..." - the OFFICIAL Team Fortress 2 website

It's called chowdah! Say it, Frenchie!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    shaudere

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    shaudere

don't worry, it's just a name

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i just played my first online game of LoL

i pretty much had no idea what was going on, all of the time, always.

i am not really seeing whatever it is people see in this genre i have to say

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    shaudere

Ahaha! Heeey, get back heeya. I'm not through demeaning you yet!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You should try playing with some PA friends. It makes the experience 100% better. I think Bloodyroar just started playing last week, too.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jacob, if you're around, let me know if you think $65 is reasonable to pay for Android

or if I wait patiently for a better deal

simonwolf on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011

i mean

surely you realize that the appeal of a team oriented, objective based game which requires tight mechanics and strategy can't be understood fully by a beginner

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

the first few games kind of suck

it takes a while to get the hang of things

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First thing I do in Saints Row is steal a car, "The Final Countdown" immediately comes on the radio, and a cop starts chasing me.

I am satisfied that I made the right choice in getting this game.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

i mean

surely you realize that the appeal of a team oriented, objective based game which requires tight mechanics and strategy can't be understood fully by a beginner

by all means!

but i also highly dislike games based on character building, especially when the strategies are not explicit but rather sit behind fanciful item and ability names, and i dislike RTSs that revolve around judicious timing and selection of several active powers

and i can't tell green from red, especially when there are other bright colours on screen, and those are, you know, important colours in this game.

and probably most importantly, this is clearly a game that would require sitting down and reading up on builds and strategies and playing a lot before it actually becomes fun, and i've already done that with fighting games, and i can't muster the urge to do it again.

but it was free so i have no regrets.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Jacob, if you're around, let me know if you think $65 is reasonable to pay for Android

The Fantasy Flight game? I want that too.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »

Yeah, that's the one

I rarely get to play board games at all, but this one looks and sounds pretty cool

simonwolf on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    by all means!

but i also highly dislike games based on character building, especially when the strategies are not explicit but rather sit behind fanciful item and ability names, and i dislike RTSs that revolve around judicious timing and selection of several active powers

and i can't tell green from red, especially when there are other bright colours on screen, and those are, you know, important colours in this game.

and probably most importantly, this is clearly a game that would require sitting down and reading up on builds and strategies and playing a lot before it actually becomes fun, and i've already done that with fighting games, and i can't muster the urge to do it again.

Yeah, you actually need to spend probably twice as much time reading about the game than actually playing it. It's like going to school, only you're not going to be learning anything useful for anything beyond playing LoL.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »

Yeah, that's the one

I rarely get to play board games at all, but this one looks and sounds pretty cool

It's $44 and change on amazon.com.

I don't live in the US so I don't know which shops are good, delivery costs etc, but 65 sounds like the MRP and you can do better.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    by all means!

Yeah, you actually need to spend probably twice as much time reading about the game than actually playing it. It's like going to school, only you're not going to be learning anything useful for anything beyond playing LoL.

to be fair this is very true about pretty much any competitive video game, and in fact every competitive game, that is worth playing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

i mean

by all means!

well, i can't speak to the earlier issues (ya like what ya like) but i've played well over 1,000 games of LoL and i spend almost zero time reading up on builds and guides. i figured out what strategies were strong by what worked well- and what i saw enemies employing when doing well. i occasionally watch streams but that's mostly because i enjoy the game and watching other people play it when i don't feel like being cerebral enough to play myself.

but yeah, while i'm not a pro player i'm better than the majority [chat]ters and i don't think i've read a single guide or watched a single tutorial video that wasn't like, a gimmick fun idea (build six speed items on one character, for example, purely for lauighs)

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i've spent hundreds of hours playing and maybe 20 minutes reading builds

Organichu on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For those not playing along on Twitter, I would like to present Sarksus's example of what happens when you blindly trust user input:
    Screen%20shot%202011-06-29%20at%2011.16.04%20PM.png

Linden on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TomeWyrm wrote: »

Welcome to the borough! What neighborhood are you headed to?

Prospect Heights

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Linden wrote: »
    For those not playing along on Twitter, I would like to present Sarksus's example of what happens when you blindly trust user input:

You're being overcharged. Walmart has them for fifteen.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Linden wrote: »

wait are you automatist

mystery solved

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    damn senj

you post like

literally two-three seconds after i tweet you

you are... witch doctor, yes?

Organichu on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i ate too much

now i am sleepy

like baby bear

Edit: oh no this is cass stupid choco doesn't log out on my computers :(

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    damn senj

you post like

literally two-three seconds after i tweet you

you are... witch doctor, yes?

I AM THE INTERNET

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well I went ahead and ordered the second season of Torchwood. I ended up enjoying the show quite a bit. I also bought the first season of the (BBC) Being Human, primarily on the strength of Russel Tovey's Doctor Who performance, since he is completely and utterly adorable. I watched a few episodes of the American rehash of Being Human, and it was kind of terrible. I am sure the BBC version will be superior though, because hell that's always the case.

Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.