As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate bethtilac... We got add phase down, but healers cant keep me(DK) and the bear tank up for the duration we need to kill her gah.

How much damage did you do before phase 2? We had a single pally with me (tank) do about 5 million before phase 2, and he stays on the bottom the third time to help clear adds.

Topia on
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That sounds about right. For some reason our healers insist that the tank with widows kiss tanks with that debuff for 5 stacks then the other tank taunts off. No idea why they think this will help. Other than its on a tankspot video

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    More DPS then a Warglaive of Azzinoth I managed to catch a dreaded The Dark Herring randomly the other day.

I'm really not sure to do with it, sell it? Disenchant the fish or just keep it as a lark.

If you're on Hyjal I'll buy it from you for a thousand.

A thousand for that?

It won't give you the achievement in case that's what your thinking, got to fish it up the normal way.

Though if you wanted to smack around people with a fish to embarrass them it would be a good laugh.

The point is moot as not on that server.

nope. I just want to smash up people while going HERRING SEEKS YOUR BLOOD on a rogue.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fuck you Lord Rhyolith!

Beth'Tilac, 1 SHOT!
    Shannox, 2 Shot (would have been 1, but new tank)
    Rhyolith? LOL WIPES YOUR RAID FOR 2 HOURS

Buddies on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What classes do you have on the legs?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That sounds about right. For some reason our healers insist that the tank with widows kiss tanks with that debuff for 5 stacks then the other tank taunts off. No idea why they think this will help. Other than its on a tankspot video

What? We taunt on one stack. It lasts 20s max and then falls off by the next taunt. Tell your healers to stop being stupid. This is 10m btw.

danx on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    joined a guild, got put into their core raid

did our first run last week, raid leader commented me and said he was excited to have me in the raid

this week: new frost DK trialing for my position

what the fuck

Sounds like someone with pull in the guild doesn't like your personality.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    danx wrote: »

What? We taunt on one stack. It lasts 20s max and then falls off by the next taunt. Tell your healers to stop being stupid. This is 10m btw.

Yea, shit, taunt right away and widows kiss needs to gtfo. Everyone should be grouped for aoe heals.

Topia on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What classes do you have on the legs?

We have an Arms Warrior, Frost DK and a Ret Paladin(second tank) on legs with an Arcane Mage swinging on hard turns.

They can turn him with no problems really but, we just had like 4-6 attempts where they weren't communicating. That coupled with Rhyolith being a total asshole and lighting up the farthest volcanos he can on the oposite turn radius he is headed. He would also do some bullshit like Spawn 3 Volcanos on the first stomp, but would spawn 2 of them right under him, so he'd immediately crush them and we'd have no stacks taken off him but 2 lava pools to spit fire all over us.

So we got to wipe 9 times in a row when we should have gone in and 1-3 shot his fat ass. Finally killed him on the 10th try without tooooooo much trouble. People were still blowing up to lava pools cause he was walking all over them.

But It's cool. We had 15 minutes to kill Baleroc and went over there and promptly kicked his ass. An actual healer rotation is 300x better than "Heal stuff"

Buddies on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bunch o hotfixes:
    Dungeons & Raids
    Firelands
    Heroic difficulty has been activated and is accessible in all regions.
    Pet corpses, guardians, and placed items should no longer provoke Engorged Broodlings to a premature detonation.
    The pack of creatures fighting each other around Flamewaker Beast Handlers will stop fighting each other and attack the raid once provoked.
    Flamewaker Subjugators now award 50 reputation, up from 15, while Flamewaker Animators award no reputation or loot.
    The aggro radius on the third pack of Hells Hounds on the way to Beth’tilac has been reduced.
    Unstable Pyrelords now have an active stealth detection aura present when the gauntlet is triggered which prevents stealth classes from traversing up the hill undetected.

Baleroc
    Baleroc’s health has been increased on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Baleroc's gate now despawns properly when he resets.
    Shards of Torment despawn when Baleroc resets even if they are spawned after Baleroc has despawned.

Lord Rhyolith
    Lord Rhyolith can now be quickly snapped from left to right, or right to left, if the appropriate amount of damage is dealt to the opposite foot.
    Lord Rhyolith now prefers to activate volcanoes that are in front of him over volcanoes that are behind him.
    Lord Rhyolith now spawns slightly further back on his platform, allowing players to stand on the edge of the terrain and not aggro him.
    Lord Rhyolith no longer despawns when reaching the end of the encounter area, and does not despawn when casting Drink Magma from any of the possible locations.
    Lord Rhyolith now summons in volcanoes when intended, and it is no longer possible for the first set of volcanoes to be ignored.

Majordomo Staghelm
    Majordomo Staghelm has had his health increased by 10% on Heroic difficulty.

Ragnaros
    Living Meteors no longer evade and return to their spawn point when their original target dies or uses a threat drop. They will instead choose a new target.
    The Sons of Flame can no longer be missed by melee attacks and abilities.

Shannox
    Shannox will now rotate when appropriate instead of moving to get in range of his target while being tanked.
    Shannox will always use Hurl Spear after a raid wipes, even if Riplimb collapsed just prior to the group wiping.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Derrick wrote: »

did our first run last week, raid leader commented me and said he was excited to have me in the raid

what the fuck

Well, I left, because seriously, fuck that. I'm not going to flail around and smash my face on progression content just to be replaced by some mouth breather who had to ask me what the hit cap for our spec was.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Bunch o hotfixes:
    Dungeons & Raids
    Firelands
    Heroic difficulty has been activated and is accessible in all regions.
    Pet corpses, guardians, and placed items should no longer provoke Engorged Broodlings to a premature detonation.
    The pack of creatures fighting each other around Flamewaker Beast Handlers will stop fighting each other and attack the raid once provoked.
    Flamewaker Subjugators now award 50 reputation, up from 15, while Flamewaker Animators award no reputation or loot.
    The aggro radius on the third pack of Hells Hounds on the way to Beth’tilac has been reduced.
    Unstable Pyrelords now have an active stealth detection aura present when the gauntlet is triggered which prevents stealth classes from traversing up the hill undetected.

Baleroc
    Baleroc’s health has been increased on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
    Baleroc's gate now despawns properly when he resets.
    Shards of Torment despawn when Baleroc resets even if they are spawned after Baleroc has despawned.

Lord Rhyolith
    Lord Rhyolith can now be quickly snapped from left to right, or right to left, if the appropriate amount of damage is dealt to the opposite foot.
    Lord Rhyolith now prefers to activate volcanoes that are in front of him over volcanoes that are behind him.
    Lord Rhyolith now spawns slightly further back on his platform, allowing players to stand on the edge of the terrain and not aggro him.
    Lord Rhyolith no longer despawns when reaching the end of the encounter area, and does not despawn when casting Drink Magma from any of the possible locations.
    Lord Rhyolith now summons in volcanoes when intended, and it is no longer possible for the first set of volcanoes to be ignored.

Majordomo Staghelm
    Majordomo Staghelm has had his health increased by 10% on Heroic difficulty.

Ragnaros
    Living Meteors no longer evade and return to their spawn point when their original target dies or uses a threat drop. They will instead choose a new target.
    The Sons of Flame can no longer be missed by melee attacks and abilities.

Shannox
    Shannox will now rotate when appropriate instead of moving to get in range of his target while being tanked.
    Shannox will always use Hurl Spear after a raid wipes, even if Riplimb collapsed just prior to the group wiping.

Yeah seems like Rhyolith was buggy as hell. We tried to do him earlier and could barely get him to turn. Glad they hotfixed him.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I know that's just a fake, but come on: only four five-mans? one of which is based on platforming? no thx.

edit: by the bottom of page 5, he's just straight-up trolling.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, good week for me in terms of loot. Crossbow off Rhyolith, BoE polearm for a statstick, and the rep belt. Also eating Torment on Baleroc as a hunter sucks.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skeith wrote: »
    Also eating Torment on Baleroc as a hunter sucks.

How so? I didn't have much trouble with it apart from a few close calls when melee didn't run far enough away.

Flarne on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    More DPS then a Warglaive of Azzinoth I managed to catch a dreaded The Dark Herring randomly the other day.

I'm really not sure to do with it, sell it? Disenchant the fish or just keep it as a lark.

If you're on Hyjal I'll buy it from you for a thousand.

A thousand for that?

It won't give you the achievement in case that's what your thinking, got to fish it up the normal way.

Though if you wanted to smack around people with a fish to embarrass them it would be a good laugh.

The point is moot as not on that server.

nope. I just want to smash up people while going HERRING SEEKS YOUR BLOOD on a rogue.

I love that, I utterly love that man.

If I could I'd give you the damn thing just so you could do that.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

what the fuck

Well, I left, because seriously, fuck that. I'm not going to flail around and smash my face on progression content just to be replaced by some mouth breather who had to ask me what the hit cap for our spec was.

It's a good thing they were trying other people out if you leave over something so simple.

Good luck in your search of a guild, cause it will be pretty difficult to get into a good one with that kind of attitude.

Buddies on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

what the fuck

It's a good thing they were trying other people out if you leave over something so simple.

Good luck in your search of a guild, cause it will be pretty difficult to get into a good one with that kind of attitude.

I don't know the full story, but I don't blame anyone for leaving a guild that will promise and give them a spot... only to replace them the next week by what's likely an officer's buddy. Unless his DPS wasn't up to snuff, or he has a terrible personality; in which case, the right thing to do would have been to work that shit out upfront.

But hey, why go look for a guild that treats you with respect when you can stay in one that backs out of their promises from the start?

aunsoph on
  • Options
    KnowlKnowl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Maybe it was a test; can you handle competition for your spot?

oops

Knowl on
    steam_sig.png
    also i write about videogames ok?
    Xbox Live Tag: Letuckbox
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I got sat last night too for another tank app. I wasn't too happy about this as I've been showing up to every raid for the past month and doing my job well. I've been showing up more than most of the regulars. I think though, that the app being a Pally and me being a Bear, was part of the reason. They wanted to test out another class (we have no pally tank right now). My problem is, my DPS sucks so I can't even be a good melee DPS. We did Occuthar last night and I really did my best and it was 20k. Our top DPS was 27k. I think I was 14th or something. Ahead of the tanks by a lot but on the bottom tier of DPS. I just felt so inadequate.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did some pulls on Shannox last week, was pretty abysmal.
    Went in on Sunday in 10s and 1 shot it.
    Went back yesterday in 25s took 3 hours and 13 attempts to kill him.

38 pulls over 3 raids to kill Shannox in 25s. I really don't remember exactly what I said over vent, before pull 11/13, but I do know every third word started with an F.

Haven't been this frustrated with my guild ever. Traps, don't stand in them, DPS more than 13k please.

Our first raid week was terrible. Unprepared for the change to Shannox to prevent taunting, and not on-the-ball enough to get on top of Beth's adds. It took us until our third raid of the week (Monday) to down Shannox, and we didn't get Beth.

This week, though... one-shot Occul'thar (okay, not exactly the height of difficulty), took four goes to down Shannox - and best of all, two-shot Beth for a guild first kill. All on the first day.

I do have to be patient with my guild - a lot - and do my level best to calm those who are less patient - but I'm always confident that the good stuff *will* come. It's nice to be rewarded with that faith. Many times I've been tempted to break us down to 2x10, but I've resisted so far.

mattclem on
  • Options
    ben_botben_bot Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just activated my 7 days of free game time after a 6 month hiatus.

Is there still a way to teleport out of an instance once you are inside? I seem to remember there being a way to get back to the entrance really quick after finishing the last boss to turn in any quests.

ben_bot on
    PSN: ben_bot
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arivia -- who is your toon on Hyjal?

So after having to bail on the raid Tuesday due to my dog almost dying I joined up for our Wednesday raid. We decided to go after Shannox instead of Beth [they only attempted Beth tuesday]. I don't know why they insist on using certain strats but I will slowly get them to change their ideas. We started off trying to dps everything evenly and people kept getting face raged to death. I finally convinced them to burn rageface and deal with the extra tank damage. We started making a lot of progress after that change, but people are still stupid. They also want to use three tanks instead of two and riplimb is all over the place so the raid is constantly taking fire damage because the spear is never in a consistent area.

I am also stuck in limbo because they keep hinting at wanting me to tank but the raid comes around and they want me back in holy. I am trying to get a straight answer because it isn't fair to the rest of the guild when we finally get a kill if I have no idea what my main spec is supposed to be and I don't want to swap back and forth.

ToddJewell on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ben_bot wrote: »

Is there still a way to teleport out of an instance once you are inside? I seem to remember there being a way to get back to the entrance really quick after finishing the last boss to turn in any quests.

The little green eye on your minimap will allow you to port out, and use the same thing to port back in to the entrance.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    On another note, Finally everybody who was in on the bear runs was online and we were able to get the last 2 people their bears.

This coincided with notification that we lost a fourth person, one of our officers, who realized he liked playing League of Legends and World of Tanks more than WoW. One of the remaining officers (the one who's only on one day a week), gave us the "at this point it's cool if you guys want to leave and join another guild to raid" speech. Options are being looked into.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ben_botben_bot Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    ben_bot wrote: »

The little green eye on your minimap will allow you to port out, and use the same thing to port back in to the entrance.

Thanks! Forgot about the eye!

ben_bot on
    PSN: ben_bot
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    On another note, Finally everybody who was in on the bear runs was online and we were able to get the last 2 people their bears.

This coincided with notification that we lost a fourth person, one of our officers, who realized he liked playing League of Legends and World of Tanks more than WoW. One of the remaining officers (the one who's only on one day a week), gave us the "at this point it's cool if you guys want to leave and join another guild to raid" speech. Options are being looked into.

Who left this time?

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    shadowane wrote: »

Who left this time?

Oldschool, Sierrena, Sero were the first three, and Sfrathiera was the fourth.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Finally got Ryolith down. That fight is just a bane to us for some reason. We one shot Beth and Shan this week but Ryolith has been a pain in the ass for us for some reason. I actually DPSd and got a present before we started. The RL decided to give me one of the STR dps trinkets we got. I felt good about my dps I ended up on bottom but for some reason I was having problems finding range on him the in p2 I was circling all around his back and my abilities stayed red the entire time. Dunno.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I got sat last night too for another tank app. I wasn't too happy about this as I've been showing up to every raid for the past month and doing my job well. I've been showing up more than most of the regulars. I think though, that the app being a Pally and me being a Bear, was part of the reason. They wanted to test out another class (we have no pally tank right now). My problem is, my DPS sucks so I can't even be a good melee DPS. We did Occuthar last night and I really did my best and it was 20k. Our top DPS was 27k. I think I was 14th or something. Ahead of the tanks by a lot but on the bottom tier of DPS. I just felt so inadequate.

Inadequate sums up my feelings about ret dps these days. Sure I could be more aggressive about using my cooldowns but that won't help much with the time it takes to ramp up to full steam(or the proc streakiness). I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight in raids and I hate that feeling.

I thought feral dps was supposed to be good though. Not geared enough or...?

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Inadequate sums up my feelings about ret dps these days. Sure I could be more aggressive about using my cooldowns but that won't help much with the time it takes to ramp up to full steam(or the proc streakiness). I feel like I'm not pulling my own weight in raids and I hate that feeling.

I thought feral dps was supposed to be good though. Not geared enough or...?

20k is good/benchmark for Tier 12. If he was pulling 20k, and was last position, then his team is set on DPS.

We have one Arcane Mage that has fallen behind the rest of the DPS. For now, the Arms Warrior, Marks Hunter and Frost DK make up for her loss in DPS. The Arms Warrior pulled Rank 5 for Arms Warriors on Baelroc last night at 26k. But I can't for the life of me figure out why her DPS is lower than other Arcane Mages DPS in comparable gear/guilds. Her Rotation looks about the same, she has roughly the same buff up time on her cooldowns. The only big discrepancy I've found were the other Mages had more applications of their Arcane Focus buff, could ~30 applications really be the difference of almost 5k DPS? Is she not managing her mana well? I just can't tell.

Buddies on
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I really, really like bear runs. As a person who has a lot of time to dedicate to the game in patches (student), being able to take my three friends and do bear runs (as long as we get a third dps who can pull at least 8k) is pretty fun. Being the only one of the three who's lost the bear to the pug twice now, that is so sad. :(

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Please, I beg you, do this while wearing a tuxedo.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Please, I beg you, do this while wearing a tuxedo.

Screenshots will be required.

Nobody on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I actually beat the timer on the bear run pugging on my DK tank yesterday. First time I've ever done it in a pug. Usually the last of the timer ticks off at the last pack before the door to Halazzi but despite the dps only being between 14-18k we still kept the pace. Of course I didn't win the bear but the healer did and he was pretty decent so it was all good.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Healing random heroic groups is so terrifying.

SO TERRIFYING

I need better healing gear.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »

what the fuck

I don't know the full story, but I don't blame anyone for leaving a guild that will promise and give them a spot... only to replace them the next week by what's likely an officer's buddy. Unless his DPS wasn't up to snuff, or he has a terrible personality; in which case, the right thing to do would have been to work that shit out upfront.

But hey, why go look for a guild that treats you with respect when you can stay in one that backs out of their promises from the start?

25 man raids need to be trialing new applicants pretty constantly to maintain roster size when people quit/vacation/whatever. If the raid picks up a new trial that happens to be your class it shouldn't be cause for a freakout.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Pretty much. Any serious raiding guild has to keep more members than it has raid slots.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm curious to hear what the gear level is of people who have been able to kill Firelands bosses, particularly on 10-man. We went in for the first time last night, and spent some time on Beth'tilac and Shannox, didn't really get anywhere on the spider, did better on Shannox (esp. when we switched to killing Rageface) but still didn't get him down. We didn't have our 'top' raid group, and a number of us are in sub-359 gear (I'm still wearing 346 blue bracers, for example).

The 'bar' of a single large crit on Shannox seemed tough on a 10-man as well, as a Surv Hunter I don't have anything that can do that kind of damage, I guess I need to respec to Marks for that fight... seemed as though our mage was fine to do it, but if he was the one chosen, we went downhill fast.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
This discussion has been closed.