As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote:
    -Shaman
    Wind Shear now has a 25-second base cooldown, up from 6 seconds.

Thanks pvp!

Though reverberation now cuts the cooldown by 10/20sec so I guess if you do pvp its back to where it was. This just screws pve.

As resto I cannot count how many wind shears have prevented a wipe. Probably more than a 70k gh crit.

I will be in favor of this if it gets Blizzard to stop putting fucking 5 sec cooldowns needing interrupts in 10 mans.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Legendary weapon preview is up.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3579611

• NeliNeli Registered User regular
    His name is Wrathion? That is hilarious

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Jesus christ I know, it's terrible. He looks silly too.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    paladin pvp set wins this patch, hands down
    i6ksh.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    i6ksh.jpg

They're not even trying anymore, are they? Just stick some random shit on it and fuck symmetry. And it's a dress again, marvelous.

edited September 2011
    i6ksh.jpg

It looks like War's outfit from Darksiders threw up all over itself :P But it does kind of look cool. If not completely random.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    5kyan.jpg
    If it didn't look like parts have either fallen off or been glued on, it might be kinda awesome. I've always liked the old version of Paladins that keep their equipment in the toppest [sic] of states. Lead by example kinda thing.

At least I think that was in the AD&D player's handbook...

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    When did symmetry become a requirement for anything?

And the whole dress argument falls apartment when you consider the most popular paladin tier is two. Hell, Judgement is one of the frontrunners for most popular tier set of any class.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that paladin pvp set is unreal and only serves to further exacerbate my frustration at how clearly uncreative rogue T13 is.

• IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Me and a few guildies are convinced that priest t13 is basically Big O.
    IT'S SHOWTIME

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote:
    i6ksh.jpg

They're not even trying anymore, are they? Just stick some random shit on it and fuck symmetry. And it's a dress again, marvelous.

Oh they're definitely trying. The art lead just needs to put his foot down and give a big negative to the random horn/wing elements. The rest is brilliant though.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I like that pally set a lot. I'd transmog that and use it until they shut the servers down for good.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    That one PvP set has more detail in it than 99% of the PvE tier sets that have ever been released. I can scarcely believe that the person(s) responsible for designing it are the same people who designed the rest of the armor tiers.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I refuse to believe that is a PvP set. That implies they're putting effort into something PvP-related.

YL9WnCY.png
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    That one PvP set has more detail in it than 99% of the PvE tier sets that have ever been released. I can scarcely believe that the person(s) responsible for designing it are the same people who designed the rest of the armor tiers.

Yeah... I would almost venture to say that it was designed by a different art team. There's a level of detail and a sharpness to the textures that hasn't been seen in WoW for a long time. Tyrande's look in the new instance is another good example of this: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/september/tyrande.jpg

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Even with the random wing/horn that set is still pretty fucking awesome... Alot better than Rogue tier 13, even taking into account the wings that only some will have...

1Gn4PNI.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I refuse to believe that is a PvP set. That implies they're putting effort into something PvP-related.

Well at least it's not balance, cause that'd be terrible for them to look at.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    that Armor set is the coolest armor set i've seen. I'm jealous if that is the paladin PvP set for reals.

And End-Time is fucking awesome! Holy shit, the Murozond fight has the coolest effect I've ever seen in this game. That Rewind just floord me, I was in awe.

• Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    There's no way thats the pvp set. It looks nothing like the other sets. They did saw they were going to have the gear in the new 5-mans look like a set just w/o the bonuses, so maybe that's what it is.

And I dig it.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    There's no way thats the pvp set. It looks nothing like the other sets. They did saw they were going to have the gear in the new 5-mans look like a set just w/o the bonuses, so maybe that's what it is.

And I dig it.

no people have found the models for the dungeon sets

that's pvp armor, it's labeled in the files as pvp armor, there's a set for every class

it's pvp armor

liEt3nH.png
    Buddies wrote:
    that Armor set is the coolest armor set i've seen. I'm jealous if that is the paladin PvP set for reals.

And End-Time is fucking awesome! Holy shit, the Murozond fight has the coolest effect I've ever seen in this game. That Rewind just floord me, I was in awe.
    Agreed, it was easily one of the most impressive 5 man mechanics I've ever seen.

I'm sure they'll end up buffing things a bit, but hopefully they don't go overboard with it. Most of the people coming into these things will have 353/359 gear.

• Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular

And I dig it.

that's pvp armor, it's labeled in the files as pvp armor, there's a set for every class

it's pvp armor

Ugh, I liked the idea of the armor starting out "lame" and getting better for the pvp armor. I think its weird they just dropped that concept, but if this is the kind of gear we are getting out of it, I'm all for it. Especially since I play a sham and I HATED the sham pvp gear.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    The Hunter set is the only one of the PVP sets I don't really like.

The plate dungeon set looks great.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The Shaman PvP set is absolute 1000% awesomeness.

The Paladin set is pretty cool too, but I'd turn the helmet off.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    *argh* Just did a mana-tombs on my Disc smite healing priest alt and had the worst group member... first he starts pulling groups when he isn't even the tank i ask him not to then when he keeps going i just let him die then he bitches at me for him dieing then comments 'i hate slow tanks!' then asks the tank if he can take over (When a gear roll was going on so i missed the exchange and neither bothered to actually tell me).

Then he bitches at me again when he dies asking if i can 'even heal at all' i respond with i can certainly heal the tank, he points out what i missed I'm like 'whatever' and proceed to heal him then we get to the next group were he decides to pull two groups together which wouldn't be so bad but each group has mobs that cast a silence and also do a charge knockdown so i get chained silenced *and* knocked down (along with getting feared once) he dies but with me healing the DK(the original tank) we manage to survive were he once again has a go at me when i explain that i had a mob on me the entire fight (Not just from the knockdown charge but it was agro'd on me) he makes excuses saying 'i should've ran to him then!' when i was standing *directly behind him* and when i brought up that they also silenced he just said nothing and kept on pulling... *argh*

Also the new pvp sets are fairly good, i prefer the rogue pvp set to the Tier set... the hunter set is ehhh but would be fine with helm turned off, same with warrior/druid actually.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I don't get the hype for the new PvP sets. Maybe it's the human male model but they all look pretty generic to me, the only exception being the asymmetry. The shaman helm just looks unfinished.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    MMO-Champion has an updated preview of the PvP sets and the paladin set there doesn't have a skirt and looks way better than how great it already looked.

I wouldn't shed a tear if paladins never had a dress again. Ever. It's fucking stupid. Stop it Blizzard.

I do need to work on my PvP achievements anyway...

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    MMO-Champion has an updated preview of the PvP sets and the paladin set there doesn't have a skirt and looks way better than how great it already looked.

I wouldn't shed a tear if paladins never had a dress again. Ever. It's fucking stupid. Stop it Blizzard.

I do need to work on my PvP achievements anyway...

On the other hand I know people that bitch about every Paladin set without a dress. You just can't please everyone.

Oh hey, the green Shaman set looks kinda good. Hopefully that's Resto's.

Grobian on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

And I dig it.

it's pvp armor

Ugh, I liked the idea of the armor starting out "lame" and getting better for the pvp armor. I think its weird they just dropped that concept, but if this is the kind of gear we are getting out of it, I'm all for it. Especially since I play a sham and I HATED the sham pvp gear.

That design policy has been awful. WotLK, they set this out as some kind of mantra, to explain the poor looks (although I'd argue that Season 4 gear looked rubbish).

The first 3 seasons of WotLK honor gear, the set was identical (in addition to having stats that weren't up to the job, something Blizzard knew and admitted to halfway through season 5, but didn't do any anything about), apart from a colour changes.

This expansion, the honor sets have been identical with no colour changes unless you really want to count that honor set that was relevant for a week.

I'd be surprised if we get another content patch after 4.3, which implies we're only going to get one more season.

PSN Fleety2009
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Priest t13 is my favorite since t5. Hunter Tier is lame (again).

I'll probably be gone by the time Raid Finder comes on board again, but I'd make use of it a few times and probably shoot myself from derp that will come from it. So, I guess I'll be glad to be gone.

Then again, having not raided since March, I'd probably be just a derpy.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    The priest pvp gear made me immediately think of Auron from FF10. The rest of it looks nice, I do have to wonder what the point of 1 giant shoulder pad is versus a normal sized one, in the shaman armor. The instance set of mail looks decent as well.

The guild I'm in seems to be having some trouble with Rag, even in the heavily nerfed state. I cannot put my finger on why. I've compared our most recent log to some other guilds having success and nothing is a glaring problem to me. Is it just one of those fights you have to learn a piece at a time, and then put together? I don't feel like there's a whole lot of luck involved, like there was with Nef and ChoGall at the time. For the sake of being a completionist, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ow8gyse1vws19nsy/, if anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    815165 wrote:
    The plate dungeon set looks great.
    Agreed. Sadly, the rest don't look nearly as good. Oh well.

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    After a week or two of attempts, my raid finally downed heroic Ryolith last week. Yesterday we were going to kill him again, kill heroic Shannox, clear everything else on normal, then work on Heroic Domo. But to our shock and awe, we one shotted Ryolith, leaving us with much more time on our hands than planned. Since we can work on Heroic Domo all night Monday, we decided to start learning heroic Alysrazor. The dps learned the meteors, the tanks started getting used to the increase in hatchlings, everyone (except the druid healer :D ) got comfortable with getting behind rocks. Everyone did a great job on learning. So much so that on our last attempt of the night, to our happy surprise, she fell over and died.

Unexpected moral boost to the whole raid! Now, here'e hoping we can keep it together long enough to FINALLY get the Penitant achievement come monday :D

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I can't believe that stupid, terrible casting animation video I posted has 3k views already.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So got Heroic Beth down, and got several good attempts in on Heroic Staghelm (had one sub 10% wipe due to a miscalculation causing a tank death), killed him on normal and then went on to push over normal Rag. I actually managed to score some tank loot tonight too, tank bracers from normal Staghelm, tank helm from normal Baleroc, and chest from Heroic beth.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Nobody wrote:
    So got Heroic Beth down, and got several good attempts in on Heroic Staghelm (had one sub 10% wipe due to a miscalculation causing a tank death), killed him on normal and then went on to push over normal Rag. I actually managed to score some tank loot tonight too, tank bracers from normal Staghelm, tank helm from normal Baleroc, and chest from Heroic beth.

We have yet to see the Tank Helm off Baleroc. I'm super jealous. Our second group who is only 6/7 had the helm drop from Baleroc and it went to a DPS. I'm still using a 359 helm.

GAAH

I'm still gushing over the Murozond fight. If the other 5-mans and Raid have anything as cool and new as that fight, then this will be the best patch ever and will make up for all the shit they put us through for the past year.

Buddies on
    edited September 2011
    First off, lol bra armor:
    rogues11female.jpg

Second, why the hell is this not our tier set? This is a million times better than anything they have done since Burning Crusade. I think I may actually try to collect this even though I don't pvp since it's so awesome looking.

Edit: Oh an I got the Matrix Destabilizer or whatever it's called off Rag last night. w00t!

Warlock82 on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Does it matter anymore with transmogging? That CAN be your tier set. I mean, I kind of understand being upset if you don't like the look of something in particular and want it to look better, but if you like the PVP set, get that, and then your pve armor gets to look exactly like you want it to.

This discussion has been closed.