Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Aumni wrote: »
    So all my friends on my current server left again, after transferring back and forth from ravenholdt...is the Ravenholdt guild still around? Will probably jump back permanently.
    Indeed we are, and PA folks are always welcome. Hit up a "/who Beasts" and just ask for an invite.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    sumwar wrote: »
    I love looking at wowprogress.com just to see how guilds are doing even if I haven't raided in years lol but anyway. One thing I've noticed is how fast people hundreds have killed rag and how slow the almost 24000 guilds that have killed Nefarion have been progressing. You'd think the 24000 guilds who nefarion in T11 would have at least 1 boss kill but no.

Beth'tilac: 2278 (74.54%)
    Lord Rhyolith: 1527 (49.97%)
    Alysrazor: 782 (25.59%)
    Shannox: 2697 (88.25%)
    Baleroc: 897 (29.35%)
    Majordomo: 596 (19.50%)
    Ragnaros: 353 (11.55%)

I don't know why I love looking at statistics and people's progress through raids and comparing them to last tier.
    There is a step filter, I think, called "did you raid on the ptr?"

Also there's one called "outgearing the normal modes since they're decked out in T11 HM gear"

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Shannox was pretty easy once raidmembers stopped standing in crystal prisons

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dibby wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    sumwar wrote: »
    I love looking at wowprogress.com just to see how guilds are doing even if I haven't raided in years lol but anyway. One thing I've noticed is how fast people hundreds have killed rag and how slow the almost 24000 guilds that have killed Nefarion have been progressing. You'd think the 24000 guilds who nefarion in T11 would have at least 1 boss kill but no.

Beth'tilac: 2278 (74.54%)
    Lord Rhyolith: 1527 (49.97%)
    Alysrazor: 782 (25.59%)
    Shannox: 2697 (88.25%)
    Baleroc: 897 (29.35%)
    Majordomo: 596 (19.50%)
    Ragnaros: 353 (11.55%)

I don't know why I love looking at statistics and people's progress through raids and comparing them to last tier.
    There is a step filter, I think, called "did you raid on the ptr?"

Also there's one called "outgearing the normal modes since they're decked out in T11 HM gear"

Yep.

Killing Nef isn't nearly as big an indicator as killing Sinestra.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    With a raid full of people who are not ringers, yes, killing nef meant something.

Strika on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok, so do I have this timeline correct for unlocking things within Hyjal?
    Day 1: Dailies start
    Day 3: 20 Marks - > Entry into Molten Front, obtain 150 Mark quest for each faction
    Day 12: 150 Marks - > Unlock One Faction, get more dailies
    Day 18: 150 Marks - > Unlock Other faction, get more dailies
    Day 22: 125 Marks - > First Vendor Unlock
    Day 27: 125 Marks - > Next Vendor Unlock
    Day 31: 125 Marks - > Next Vendor Unlocked, all vendors unlocked and Zen'Vorka's Full Inventory unlocked

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Do the new factions give you access to more dailies? I thought you didn't get more until you were on to the vendor stage

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Do the new factions give you access to more dailies? I thought you didn't get more until you were on to the vendor stage

I don't know, I'm confused about that part as well. If you don't unlock any new quests until after you've gained 300 marks, then this will take even more time.

I thought that once you unlocked either the Druids or the Shadows, you got some more dailies, thus speeding up your unlocking of the second faction and subsequently the vendors.

I think that after you unlock your first faction, that's pretty close to the maximum dailies you'll get in the Molten Front, then unlocking the other faction just adds more variety to the dailies, rather than adding more.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    MattnyxMattnyx Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Aphostile wrote: »

I don't know, I'm confused about that part as well. If you don't unlock any new quests until after you've gained 300 marks, then this will take even more time.

I thought that once you unlocked either the Druids or the Shadows, you got some more dailies, thus speeding up your unlocking of the second faction and subsequently the vendors.

I think that after you unlock your first faction, that's pretty close to the maximum dailies you'll get in the Molten Front, then unlocking the other faction just adds more variety to the dailies, rather than adding more.

This is correct. Both factions unlock new dailies for you to do. However you can only choose to run the quests from one of the factions a day.

Mattnyx on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Strika wrote: »
    With a raid full of people who are not ringers, yes, killing nef meant something.

Of course

But not nearly the same thing killing Sinestra meant.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Mattnyx wrote: »

This is correct. Both factions unlock new dailies for you to do. However you can only choose to run the quests from one of the factions a day.

Where can I read about the stuff these vendors have? Does each faction have substantially different gear?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Aumni wrote: »
    Mattnyx wrote: »

Where can I read about the stuff these vendors have? Does each faction have substantially different gear?

WowHead's got it in their 4.2 synopsis in that little box there.

Unfortunately the way that outlines the faction quests is really weird. They say it's 22 a day and then mention a way to get possibly 6 more a day but I'm not sure if those secondary ones don't open up until you have both or what so figuring out the amount of days needed is hard. In addition unlocking some of the vendors gives more dailies as well so if you want to get to max as fast as possible you want to go Armorer -> Ancient -> Moonwell

Opty on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wowhead had some stuff about the new molten front vendors awhile back.

Edit: beated

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    join firelands trash group

ms > greed

"oh good you are 2h, less competition"

other DK leaves and respecs to DW just to roll against me if that fucking axe drops

i quit at life

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

ms > greed

other DK leaves and respecs to DW just to roll against me if that fucking axe drops

i quit at life

It amazes me how selfish some people are. My DK Friend was in a Firelands Trash run the other daym and that Axe dropped. And a Titan's Grip Warrior won it. Didn't equip it, of course cause he is fucking titan's grip and after 20 minutes my friend finally says something. The guy then gives the Axe to a Tank. LMFAO. Then the Tank Neck drops, and the DPS are all rolling on it.

Reminds me of when I played in Vanilla, and this guy we used to play DAoC with played a hunter. At level 60 when we starting doing UBRS in January of 2005 he had I think 3 or 4 BoE Epic items already. Shit that didn't even make sense for a hunter to have, like "Destiny."

Buddies on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

ms > greed

i quit at life

It amazes me how selfish some people are. My DK Friend was in a Firelands Trash run the other daym and that Axe dropped. And a Titan's Grip Warrior won it. Didn't equip it, of course cause he is fucking titan's grip and after 20 minutes my friend finally says something. The guy then gives the Axe to a Tank. LMFAO. Then the Tank Neck drops, and the DPS are all rolling on it.

Reminds me of when I played in Vanilla, and this guy we used to play DAoC with played a hunter. At level 60 when we starting doing UBRS in January of 2005 he had I think 3 or 4 BoE Epic items already. Shit that didn't even make sense for a hunter to have, like "Destiny."

The big flaw in that group is MS > greed. It never works in a pug. Its was actually put in place most likely to try to make sure if a certain piece dropped the organizing group got the item.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    also annoying:

"i know that you do open rolls ... on trash boes if we bring pugs ... which makes no sense, by the way, because you say this is the core progression group so boes should be going toward progress ... but there is literally nothing else i am going to use this tier"

"respec 2h, or you can run trash runs on your own time"

/suicide

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    They seem to have completely lost the plot with itemization and item placement this expansion. There's constant gaping holes all over the place.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »

ms > greed

i quit at life

The big flaw in that group is MS > greed. It never works in a pug. Its was actually put in place most likely to try to make sure if a certain piece dropped the organizing group got the item.

And if you're going to do it like that, you might as well just say "We have the first BoE drop on reserve" or something to be honest about wanting to be rewarded for the thankless task of pug leading.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    They seem to have completely lost the plot with itemization and item placement this expansion. There's constant gaping holes all over the place.

The janitor was busy putting together crafting changes.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    man, baleroc is hard as hell on ten man

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    can you not get the 6 people to do trash runs without bringing in pugs?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

How so? My guild got it done pretty quickly. It was about communication more than anything else.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I hate the United Nations guild achievement is full of raids and ones I did but left to pick up the other side The Oracles!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Gonna start doing firelands tonight with some friends in a 10-man

cool story though, other night on my last rep run for honored the Spire of Scarlet Pain dropped and I got it

and of course I equipped it since I don't need gold at all

Oghulk on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

in related news, my guild decided to step into raiding for the first time in cata

we started off with something easy: argaloth

we got him first try, but only with two people standing after he hit the enrage timer

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011

How so? My guild got it done pretty quickly. It was about communication more than anything else.

the dps requirement seemed really steep. Once we got the healing rotation settled the raid was pretty stable, but we wiped a couple times at ~15% when we hit the enrage timer. Then we tried one tanking it, which worked okay and put us on pace to win pretty easily, but once my health got up around a million healing decimation blade became extremely dodgy. One tanking doesn't seem like a super-viable strategy, even for my 40ish percent avoidance bear.

And I mean, our dps aren't terrible. We burned through spiderlady with comparatively few problems.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did I seriously just see an ad that said "PUG friendly raids!"?

Morvidus on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did they hotfix the Marks for Hyjal or something - the first character I did it on get stuck in the "Day 3" nonsense as well; however on subsequent characters they have ALL gotten their 20 marks done the same day. I got 16 marks from the overall quests, and then 4 marks from the immediate daily (the birds and the killing). So while my two alts are all done, my Pally is still waiting on that final day - bleargh.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Apparently neither can I

No healers showed up.

:?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ED! wrote: »
    Did they hotfix the Marks for Hyjal or something - the first character I did it on get stuck in the "Day 3" nonsense as well; however on subsequent characters they have ALL gotten their 20 marks done the same day. I got 16 marks from the overall quests, and then 4 marks from the immediate daily (the birds and the killing). So while my two alts are all done, my Pally is still waiting on that final day - bleargh.

It's definitely been changed, yes.

I strongly suspect this is going to become a pattern; they'll continuously increase the number of marks in older stages to allow new people to catch up.

Which makes me feel a lot better about not having the gumption to do dailies on four alts.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

the dps requirement seemed really steep. Once we got the healing rotation settled the raid was pretty stable, but we wiped a couple times at ~15% when we hit the enrage timer. Then we tried one tanking it, which worked okay and put us on pace to win pretty easily, but once my health got up around a million healing decimation blade became extremely dodgy. One tanking doesn't seem like a super-viable strategy, even for my 40ish percent avoidance bear.

And I mean, our dps aren't terrible. We burned through spiderlady with comparatively few problems.

We one tanked it without too much issue. Towards the end, we started a CD rotation for the decimation blades, and once we had that all set, I think we killed him the next attempt.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I finally got to tinker around with the Firelands today on my shaman. Collecting 150 marks to give to one of two factions, to trigger the next phase I'm assuming, doesn't sound very pleasant. Though, if the marks come in at a steady rate of 25 a day, it won't take that long I guess.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's 14 a day right now and will go up to 22-28 a day after you unlock the first 150 mark faction.

Opty on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wish they wouldn't design these new daily areas as showcases for how unbalanced the servers have become.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    It's 14 a day right now and will go up to 22-28 a day after you unlock the first 150 mark faction.

If you unlock the second faction immediately after the first, do you increase the rate of marks coming in?

Henroid on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

If you unlock the second faction immediately after the first, do you increase the rate of marks coming in?

MMO-champion has a nice chart of how many you get per day on their front page right now. You have to choose between one of the two factions to do dailies for every day, so you will get up to 27 tokens per day by the end of it.

Emporium on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So you can't do dailies for both factions? D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The way it works is you unlock one faction and then you have to earn 150 more to unlock the second faction. When you have both unlocked you can pick which faction you do dailies for every day but once you pick for that day you're stuck with that faction. The only point I'm confused about is that WoWhead lists two 6 token dailies seperate from the main list of dailies for some reason but they don't explicitly list why so that's why I put 22-28.

Opty on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    People who have successfully done Rhyolith on 10 man, please share with me your strategy.

We spent like 3 hours on that motherfucker on Saturday, and by all reports he's super easy. This is after 2-shotting both Shannox and Beth'tilac.

I'd really like to know what the hell we're doing so wrong.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
This discussion has been closed.