As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Our disc priest assistant GM is being super passive-aggressive about the staff

Realistically it's between myself (mage) and our warlock, and both of us are pretty laid back about it but he's really stressed.

I hope he doesn't do anything stupid like ninja shards

This is why I'm glad that the legendary caused a midwestern woman argument in my raid.

(That's "Oh, you can have it!" "No, you take it!" "No, you really can have it!" "No, [insert excuses], you can really have it!" etc. etc. for those of you fortunate enough to have never run into it)
    forty wrote: »
    Well, that would explain why you need to kill those drones in time!

Hopefully we can fill a raid more than one day this week and people magically start playing better, because she's our next target.

Hmm, this might make the fight easier for us, if also longer. We were specifically not killing them and sending them up to speed things up :lol:

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I have 50k armor on my Bear with a 367 ilevel.

That said, I hate this fucking patch. Look at this fucking gear. This is all the gear that has Agility and Mastery on it that a Bear tank can use. Bears care about Stamina -> Dodge -> Mastery. All other stats are worthless.

There is 10 pieces of gear there. 2 from our tier 12. There's 4 other slots I want to fill out with the "correct" gear but I fucking can't. Because of shit itemization.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The disparity in armor was actually a lot larger in wrath.

I think my bear has 40k or so armor; heroic geared druids probably have more. On the other hand I don't get to parry or block, so there's that.

ed: well, crit is somewhat useful as a mitigation stat, but I feel your pain. Still, at least two pieces of tier gear are things I actually want to use this time around.

ed2: also, in the absence of a lot of crit/mastery gear, maybe we'll actually get to itemize for hit/expertise in this tier. That'd be nice.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, we downed occuthar right under the TB reset gun.

We put two marks on the ground and had the ranged stack and run back and forth between them in response to focus beam, so that we'd already be clumped when the eyes spawned. He was tanked more or less parallel to that line, with the tanks just swapping places. I don't really endorse this setup but it worked (probably because we had zero melee other than the tanks.)

A better setup I think would be to clump everyone except the current tank in on bunch to his right or left, then move around the boss as he drops aoe patches, with the tank rotating him as necessary. That way the melee and the OT can be in the aoe clump and their eyes aren't just exploding off by themselves.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The disparity in armor was actually a lot larger in wrath.
    I'm not even that sure about that. For one thing, DKs actually had pretty high armor, at least for a while since Blizzard kept fiddling with them a lot during WotLK. I think they were the second highest on armor after druids, possibly even first in an early patch. Bears major selling point was having more health than the other tanks. Either way, DKs certainly didn't have the lowest armor by far.
    I think my bear has 40k or so armor; heroic geared druids probably have more. On the other hand I don't get to parry or block, so there's that.
    The "bears can't parry" thing is basically meaningless since a bear's dodge is actually higher than other tanks' dodge + parry.

forty on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I almost never see Druid tanks in randoms, and we haven't had one in guild for about two expansions. I wonder why, sometimes; they can't be THAT bad.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FightTest wrote: »
    Re: Jindo..

I'm either tanking or dpsing on a frost DK if I'm in there, and as a frost DK it becomes a non-issue as I handle spirits. But when I'm tanking before the fight I always make it clear that the DPS's job is:

1.) Be near a chain in case you get stomped.
    2.) Don't stand in shadow bolt zones.
    3.) Kill shades.
    4.) Kill chains.

In that order. Usually things go okay but if we wipe I yell at them and stress that again and then it's fine. You just need to make sure they really comprehend that shades are a way bigger priority than chains.

Yeah, I *really* started stressing the spirits needing to die when each wipe was me being chased by 10+ spirits and eventually getting cornered or just taking a single hit, getting dazed and immediately murdered.

Also, about the stomps, amusingly enough, despite running for my god damn life most of almost all of the attempts, I didn't miss a single stomp! Partly through luck I suppose really, but still! Sometimes I'd pop PW:S on myself for the speed boost and being a goblin I could also rocket jump for a little bit of space, even that all wasn't enough for most of the attempts, just too many spirits.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    I almost never see Druid tanks in randoms, and we haven't had one in guild for about two expansions. I wonder why, sometimes; they can't be THAT bad.
    They aren't. In fact, after the 4.2 buffs, they're actually the best tank "by the numbers." That is, for straight up just taking hits, they've got the best damage reduction by quite a bit and overall smoothest incoming damage (at least until block tanks can guarantee they will block or avoid every hit). They also have significant passive magic damage reduction.

Where bears are lacking is utility. They have the least utility of all the tanks, and they have the smallest "bag of tricks" to pull from to do the neat sorts of things that can save a raid when compared to the other tanks. I'm sure Blizzard is counting Innervate and Rebirth as part of what they bring to a raid, too, even though in a lot of situations it's not realistic (i.e., a huge liability) for a bear tank to use those abilities, at least not like a DPS druid or a warlock can.

forty on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Blizzard out-and-out said those were part of their bag of tricks in the tank Q&A. Ignore that you can't use them while tanking unless you want to die and that DKs got a rebirth that works better than bear druids' and innervate was (and remains) completely worthless from a feral. Bears are just warriors without anything fun, so a lot of bears just switched over to being warriors while a good deal just became cats and the rest that stick it out as bears end up being the offtank since their dps as cat is generally higher than the other tanks' dps.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Feral tanks in 359 gear demolish heroic trash, particularly in the non-zandalari ones. I've been running them to get my druid's VP cause they're faster than troll instances, and there's lots of trash pulls where I literally don't take damage because swipe/thrash refresh savage defense faster than the mobs can knock the shield down.

WRT bear, yes. They ought to make rebirth usable in forms or at least instant cast, so I can powershift out and cast it while kiting something. I don't really care that feral innervate is worth less than a mana pot or something, but I wish they'd stop pretending it was meaningfully useful to a raid.

Seeing feral go from being the most mobile tank to the least has been really frustrating, especially given that bears barely have any way to generate ranged threat.

ed: also, I speculate that the reason you don't see that many bears in heroics compared to other tanks is that it's comparatively easy to gear up a bear in raids; a lot of the BiS drops are from early bosses and not many are purchased with VP.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Bears have 1 way to generate range threat: Fairy Fire! Oh boy! 4k damage! Better not pull agro Mr. Arcane Mage that just crit for a hojillion!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    With four more Arcane Blasts in the pipe ready to go, too.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bear tanking is actually stupid easy since it's very limited. I don't have an 85 paladin but out of war/dru/dk the druid is by far the easiest to tank with. And they're actually good. I feel way safer tanking on my druid than I do on my DK, but it's so much more boring I'd rather use the DK.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Robot EmpireRobot Empire Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    So uh

I really just lurk, not post, but are there any laid back casual PA guilds still running? I've been thinking of resubbing after a few months off but everyone I know quit. I miss battlegrounds and fun stuff. Not particular on faction or server. I checked the sticky but it looks old.

Robot Empire on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm astounded we still live in an age where people don't know how to pilot the prototype reaper. Someone in blues and greens, sure, I'll buy that. But someone in t11 valor gear and zul epics, the burden of standards has to start somewhere

Javen on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The molten front: aka land of idling hunters.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    One of my guildies has autism and has trouble communicating, but whenever she's excited about things it really dispels any negative mood we have. I love some of the people I've met through this game.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I kind of wish they would take the bag away from tanks/healers because I am seeing far too many semi guild runs with just one or two dps slots to fill

On my warlock I get heroic Grim Batol with the tank, healer and a dps all from the same guild who keep screwing over the other two people and yelling at them. It was not the worst run I have been on recently but it's what people are turning into in game that has me almost quiting

So I deceided to get on my warrior for a change and get normal stonecore. the hunter thought it was funny to leave pack on and the paladin healer as crusade aura so I deicided to walk the rest of the instance not run pressing the / key. O how nasty everyone became when I refused to go faster. and I kept telling them if you don't like it it's within your rights to leave I will not stop you. The rogue ran forward in a vain attempt to make me go faster and died for his effort since everyone was scared or figured out it was not a joke

I am really disapointed how elitest and overall jackasses people have become in game

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm astounded we still live in an age where people don't know how to pilot the prototype reaper. Someone in blues and greens, sure, I'll buy that. But someone in t11 valor gear and zul epics, the burden of standards has to start somewhere

well I don't as I have only done the instance once and I don't do heroics that often

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I kind of wish they would take the bag away from tanks/healers because I am seeing far too many semi guild runs with just one or two dps slots to fill

What bag are we talking about? The one for doing a random when tanks or healers are required? You have to queue up solo to get it last I looked, and you got zero for queueing up with other people.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Klatu wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »
    *snip*

ROFL nice one.

That's definately a rare situation you have there.. Most ppl would come back to an empty account hehe.

We had a different - but similarly awesome - turn of events some time ago.

One of our officers got hacked, and the guild bank was cleaned out. He swore a bit, got himself an authenticator, and a GM restored all the items. All's well that ends well!

...except, 28 days later, he got mail. Bounced mail. The hacker never actually collected the items he mailed out. So we got our entire guild bank contents *back* a second time.

mattclem on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

What bag are we talking about? The one for doing a random when tanks or healers are required? You have to queue up solo to get it last I looked, and you got zero for queueing up with other people.

They are getting around it by group A healer and DPs que for dungeon the tank while not in group does random so they go as a group
    I know it's the guild challenge crap

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I've been queueing up my (currently 52) hunter with a tank and a healer the past few weeks while leveling it up and all three of us get the random loot bag at the end of the run, as long as it's set to random instance and not a chosen one. So joining as a group doesn't seem to affect it. But then there are higher levels at which you get points instead of the random-flavor blue item.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »

I've been queueing up my (currently 52) hunter with a tank and a healer the past few weeks while leveling it up and all three of us get the random loot bag at the end of the run, as long as it's set to random instance and not a chosen one. So joining as a group doesn't seem to affect it. But then there are higher levels at which you get points instead of the random-flavor blue item.

It's the bag you get at the cata heroics for tanks and healers is what I am complaining about and the guild challenge crap

I have ran into far too many jerks doing the cata heroics since the bag came out and now with the guild challenge dungeon it's tripled

It's the fact I feel what they did to guilds since cata has made them insular and the push to raid and punishments for leaving a guild has caused people with burn out and to take out thier frustration on others causing the vicious circle

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The random reward satchel for doing low level randoms and the incentive bag for heroics are not the same thing. As mentioned above, you don't get the incentive bag if you don't solo queue.

And as a tank who solo queues, I've noticed nothing different. Nobody really acts douchey unless you're terrible. Even then you'll probably get carried. (aka the hunter in my ZG group last night who had no idea how fights worked and died 3 million times.)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ah, ok. Either they added that one in during the several months I was unsubscribed and wasn't following these threads, or they had it before and I forgot about it.

Or never heard about it because my only 85 so far can't tank or heal.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

well I don't as I have only done the instance once and I don't do heroics that often

If you can't figure out how to do it by reading the abilities for ten seconds, you should report to the second grade for basic reading.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    More DPS then a Warglaive of Azzinoth I managed to catch a dreaded The Dark Herring randomly the other day.

I'm really not sure to do with it, sell it? Disenchant the fish or just keep it as a lark.

Cade on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

They are getting around it by group A healer and DPs que for dungeon the tank while not in group does random so they go as a group
    I know it's the guild challenge crap

They hotfixed it so that you can't get people from your own guild when queuing for random dungeons.
    It is no longer possible for two separate guild groups with less than five players each to be matched with any other groups or players in the queue from the same guild.

Grobian on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »

If you can't figure out how to do it by reading the abilities for ten seconds, you should report to the second grade for basic reading.

When I went on my rogue and Hunter and I said neither of us knew what to do with it so the hunter won the roll to pilot it
    It was a very scary time when the event started and he said Now what?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »

Agreed. I volunteered to do it one time because nobody else would (I generally don't since I'm usually top dps) and it was as easy as pretty much everything else in the game. As long as you understand the premise (don't let them up the ramp) you should be able to do it the first time. I got in not knowing at all what the abilities were or how many there were, went just fine.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    1, 1, 2. 1, 1, 2. only use 3 if, towards the end, you're not killing them fast enough. 3 can knock them off the ramp. so get to the right edge, face the empty side, and knock em.

It's hilarious. any time i'm dps I jump in (because other people can't be arsed). EVERY single time, someone in my group gets the cheevo for no prototype damage.

belligerent on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thinking about that sort of thing - and the first fight I can recall which had huge problems in that respect (having to learn new fight-specific abilities which you couldn't practice outside the context of the fight itself)... I'd love to see a 5-man version of Teron Gorefiend. That'll test people!

mattclem on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    mattclem wrote: »
    Thinking about that sort of thing - and the first fight I can recall which had huge problems in that respect (having to learn new fight-specific abilities which you couldn't practice outside the context of the fight itself)... I'd love to see a 5-man version of Teron Gorefiend. That'll test people!
    Ooo, can it still scan for the player that has the lowest rep and make sure they get Shadow of Death? I swear that had to be how that mechanic worked: It ALWAYS went to the new guy first.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Ooo, can it still scan for the player that has the lowest rep and make sure they get Shadow of Death? I swear that had to be how that mechanic worked: It ALWAYS went to the new guy first.

I was sure that it kept a log of which people failed it the most and then always picked one of them first or second >.>

Junpei on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The first time ever I did the prototype (I was on my druid and doing kitty dps), I got everybody the Prototype Prodigy achievement :P. I honestly have no sympathy for people who can't do the prototype.

In other news, I don't have to feel like I'm going to kill my guild anymore. 3 people just announced that they were leaving, two to "transfer and play with friends" and one who's leaving to another guild on the same server. Talking to the last active officer (the one who's tried to keep things going) this morning was...fun.

Nobody on
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have ran into far too many jerks doing the cata heroics since the bag came out and now with the guild challenge dungeon it's tripled

This is really not the experience I've had at all lately. In fact, since the VP > JP change I have had some astounding groups. My husband's priest hit 85 last night so we were running normals, got a 359 tank and another 353 DPS just farming justice points. I also had four successful ZG/ZAs in a row, which is practically unheard of when queueing as a solo healer for me.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Junpei wrote: »

I was sure that it kept a log of which people failed it the most and then always picked one of them first or second >.>

Is there where you get turned into a ghost and die at the end? because for me the other day it was oo what's this?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »

This is really not the experience I've had at all lately. In fact, since the VP > JP change I have had some astounding groups. My husband's priest hit 85 last night so we were running normals, got a 359 tank and another 353 DPS just farming justice points. I also had four successful ZG/ZAs in a row, which is practically unheard of when queueing as a solo healer for me.

I have had 6 unsuccessful ZA runs on my rogue because I keep getting people in pvp gear screaming about how someone's dps is lacking, the heals suck, and a number of other reasons all with colourful alliteration.

Still I do find it funny the rogue who was having a fit on my warrior for walking in Stonecore came on to Windrunner found me and said even more things that was on his mind

Brainleech on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Junpei wrote: »

Is there where you get turned into a ghost and die at the end? because for me the other day it was oo what's this?

Yeah, it's a fun mechanic and all but when it was serious business we had a couple of people who just couldn't get it and for some reason the RNG loved them. I still remember the first raid night it was decided to wipe it and try again was quicker than waiting for them to wipe the raid because of ghosts : b Eventually it came to a point where we had so much dps that it didn't matter but you still grit your teeth everytime you saw the timer come up : b

Junpei on
This discussion has been closed.