As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Edge of Reality: Village Victory Night 8!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    We're running out of time here. Who do we push into first and second place?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think our main issue is the 4 people on 2 votes. If one of the top two get killed off, which one of the people with two votes dies?

101 on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Langly should be a little higher up the totem pole

jackisreal on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Trying to save yourself, eh jack?

Tmoiy

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Tmoiy wrote: »
    I'm not sure why I'm being painted as a "flailing mafia?" The mafia would have no reason to flail right now, seeing as how they're in a great spot. Cythraul for bandwagoning on me and on stever yesterday, at least until I have time to check vote counts.

Uh, you've changed opinion a lot and changed vote now too. I'm gonna call it flailing.

And stever set off my mafia radar, I was right about it last game and wrong about it this game. Oops, sorry stever! Stop being suspicious! :P

I'll have to agree with this

Here and here he seemed a little desperate to get the vote off spoit, jumping on anyone with more than a vote. Newbie mafia wanting to save a fellow mafia maybe? Also, (assuming he is new) an inactivity-based vote on zandy? Almost seems like he did that on advice of more experienced players

Tmoiy

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Baidol

Yes. Give me a chance, yo. Why everybody gotta be all up in the Dolphin's grill all the time

jackisreal on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't really have a sense of what the right direction to go is yet but I don't have time to read about anymore, so sorry SLyM.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Whelp,with all these mini wagons floatn around, I'm no sure who's leading things. Gonna go with Tecurian for the moment. Dolphins are too cute to murder, and i'm not piling on a wagon started by duna/Zan one word votes.

immortal squish. I was already suspicious of you since you have voted for multiple known dead villagers. But to attack someone after making a helpful statement seems odd.

Also, dolphins? Jackisreal? He's not even near the lead. Is this an omission in defense to one of your collaborators?

This whole post seems odd to me. I've been so busy packing for a wedding out of town this weekend. I didn't miss any reveals, right?

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    tmoiy seems like our best bet for today. Though itll be interesting to see what happens with the two vote kills.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's pretty much too late to move the vote off SLyM at this point, I just want to make sure everyone keeps in mind that this bandwagon started with this post and this post.

Not exactly compelling evidence, but for now deciding on a solid number 2 and getting away from this logjam with a ton of people with 2 or 3 votes should be the priority.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ill give our number 2 a vote

SLyM

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    In answer to Spoit's ACCUSATION: When I proposed keeping track of our point allocations, I was hoping that with a sufficient information score that we'd be able to see the levels of each category with each narration. Now that I know that we see the categories ranked on a (-10 to 10?) scale instead of the raw points in each, that plan isn't very worthwhile.

As I understand it, we're putting SLyM and tmoiy in first and second place? How many votes does each currently have?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tmoiy makes it seven votes each for the two leaders. Nobody else has more than three.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ok that gives Tmoiy, Slym and then Langly as our top 3.

At least we've moved away from that large group with 2 votes each.

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm extremely suspicious of Spoit. If he wanted to accuse me based on my push for public allocation tracking, that would be one thing. I understand how that could seem suspicious.

But he also claimed that both Egos and Vagrant_Winds had expressed suspicions about me before their deaths. However, there is no record in the thread that either player did so. Spoit either has a terrible memory or is a liar.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Looks like I'll die today, so I'll reveal and share what little I know.

I am A Skilled Idealist. I am a normal villager, except that each day I get six points to allocate instead of five.

On day 1, I did information +2, entropy -2, defense +2.
    On day 2, I did information +1, vote +2, host +1, defense +2. However, I later received a message suggesting that I was blocked somehow, and my changes had no effect.
    Tonight, I will be trying to raise entropy, defense, and support.

Good luck, village!

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Voting for !Langly in order to create a more solid third place

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ok, on that note -

So I am worried not about winning the vote, but about being vigged today from an itchy vig's trigger finger. After the last two games, I think that suspicion is pretty fair. So I'm going to go ahead and say that I am the same role as steever was (people-person), and that I am a village aligned special. By steever having the same description, I assume there are more of us. If so, I ask for a guard, please. I have a kill out that I will call after vote close, to prove myself.

If I can't prove it, vote me or vig me tomorrow, but unless the target gets guarded it will show up, I promise.

Also, please do the double guard/roleblock guard as roleblocks seem to be common in this game

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    hmmm

ee:

Sorry, I'm not thinking clearly atm.

Our best move is to put someone else in 3rd place, Langly's post doesn't make much sense to me if he's mafia

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well if someone kills one of the vote winners I am dead no matter what, so

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'll give you a chance. Jason Todd, then.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    is Jason Todd even the next highest up? I feel like this may be creating even more confusion. I dont think Langly is mafia as this ploy wouldnt make much sense but lets at least be smart about replacing him as 3rd on the list.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I think Jason Todd is the next highest up.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think it's now Langly and Todd tied for 3 votes.

But Langly reached 3 votes first, and so is technically still in 3rd place.

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well lets try to clear that up Jason Todd

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    herp derp

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You know if Langly has tricked us into killing 3 villagers I'm going to be pissed

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thank you for that helpful input zandracon

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    That would be the worst mafia gambit ever

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also just checked into the mirage in vegas see you cats later

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    With the vote as powerful as it is now, isn't it possible that it's been moved up in the order? Like, before kills?

jackisreal on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    ANYWAY, WHILE IT MAY BE A SILLY POINT NOW THAT POINT TOTALS WERE MENTIONED IN THE NARRATION...FOR NOW...AT THE TIME, ESPECIALLY DAY ONE, THIS WOULD ALLOW THE MAFIA TO MORE INTELLIGENTLY MOLD THEIR POINT ALLOCATIONS ON THE UNPOPULAR CATEGORIES, IF THEY HAVE ANY WAY OF INFLUENCING POINT TOTALS WHICH IS LIKELY BECAUSE I'D EXPECT MORE THAN 10 POINTS IN INFORMATION AFTER DAY ONE SINCE IT WOULD BE SILLY FOR ANY VILLAGER TO SUBTRACT POINTS FROM IT.

Just as a note spoit, the numbers in the narration is the Level of each category, not raw points. Like in the Training category mentioned, 1 point was level 1, 3 additional points (4 total) was level 2, and 5 additional (9 total) was level 3. It takes more points to hit the higher levels. Which means we pumped a ton of raw points into information over the first 2 days.

I AM NOT SO SURE ABOUT THAT. THE TRAINING CATEGORY WHICH THE NARRATION TAUNTED US WITH SPECIFIED ADDITIONAL "THINGIES" AS "RANKS" NOT "LEVELS." AND AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING HYPOCRITICAL, THE -2 ENTROPY LINES UP WITH TMOIY'S CLAIMED POINT ALLOCATION

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    jackisreal wrote: »
    With the vote as powerful as it is now, isn't it possible that it's been moved up in the order? Like, before kills?

I guess, but we can't know till it happens.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just switched two time zones, is vote close in like 10 minutes?

Langly on
  • Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yup.

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    I'm extremely suspicious of Spoit. If he wanted to accuse me based on my push for public allocation tracking, that would be one thing. I understand how that could seem suspicious.

But he also claimed that both Egos and Vagrant_Winds had expressed suspicions about me before their deaths. However, there is no record in the thread that either player did so. Spoit either has a terrible memory or is a liar.

THERE IS THIS THING CALLED SOFT NETWORKING, OR DID YOU THINK THAT EGOS STUCK HIS NECK OUT FOR ME ENTIRELY ON A WHIM. VWINDS ALSO HAD TALKED ABOUT YOUR PAST HISTORY IN IRC ON SUNDAY. IN THE PUBLIC CHANNEL. I DON'T HAVE A LIST WHO ELSE WAS ACTIVE ON THE CHANNEL AT THAT TIME, BUT LANGLY HAD TALKED A BIT BEFORE THEN AND HAD NOT LOGGED OUT, SO HIS LOGS MAY HAVE RECORD OF THE CONVERSATION. AND, OF COURSE, EGOS, BUT THAT IS HARDLY A HELP

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not sure if I have the logs, I'm out of town, but that convo did happen

Langly on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ten minutes.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    make a contract with meeeeeeeeee

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    jackisreal wrote: »

I guess, but we can't know till it happens.

WELL, I MEAN YOU COULD SEE IF THE HOSTS ARE WILLING TO GIVE A CLARIFICATION ON IT, BUT GIVEN THAT THEY APPEAR TO BE LIMITED IN THE NUMBER OF ACTUALLY USEFUL CLARIFICATIONS THEY GIVE A DAY, THAT MAY BE A WASTE OF A CLARIFICATION. AND EVEN THOUGH IT LEAVES US OPEN TO SHENANIGANS AND MAFIA MANIPULATION OF A SECOND KILL, MAINTAINING A THIRD ALSO LEAVES MORE OF A VOTING RECORD TO ANALYZE. AND REALLY, IN A GAME OF THIS SIZE, THEY USUALLY HAVE TWO KILLS A DAY ANYWAY

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png