As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] The Edge of Reality: Village Victory Night 8!

• 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Void Slayer

101 on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Can we just get some better clarification on entropy, please?
    Yes. Be specific.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Yes.
    Nice BBCode

I saw that! You may change the past so that no one else does, but you can't change me, I know!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited July 2011
    Does Entropy effect the other categories?

101 on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kime wrote: »
    Yes.
    Nice BBCode

I saw that! You may change the past so that no one else does, but you can't change me, I know!

For now. :wink:

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited July 2011
    101 wrote: »
    Does Entropy effect the other categories?

Entropy is defined as "Adjusts the Resistance of the universe." The "Resistance" being talked about is resistance to change. Your abilities--modifying the Universe--quite obviously change the universe. It is therefore logical to assume that Entropy has a direct affect on how you are able to change the Universe.

Take from that what you will.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I work from 6:30 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon on weekdays

I've said this for many games now.

why am I being blamed for a bandwagon that was at 2 when I left this morning?

Dunadan019 on
    edited July 2011
    OK, bring entropy into the negatives guys

101 on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Can we just get some better clarification on entropy, please?
    Yes. Be specific.

Does increasing entropy increase our ability to change the universe or decrease it?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    Denied. You have much information about Entropy already, make an educated guess. If you're wrong you'll find out soon :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Defensive much duna? No one's voting for you

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    I wasn't talking to you.

Dunadan019 on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I think Void Slayer is someone we need to take a hard look at today.

I agree with you, but why do you think so?

There were a couple posts of his that stood out to me, the first was the one where he suggested we kill off zandracon and dunadan if slym came up villager (which I realize may seem silly given my vote above but honestly while I dont think zandracon is mafia I do think him being alive is bad for the village)

the 2nd was one where he referenced powering up kime as a bad thing which I am of course aware of kime's reputation in the meta sense but it's already been established that he is the villager aligned host so that seemed like a slip up to me from someone who hadnt had the comforting magenta text in their role pm.

He was also relatively quick to jump on the Slym bandwagon which again to that point was made up soley of zandracon and dunadan's reasonless single posts, and Feckless Rogue who was mafia.

People always over react to the choices being wrong, I was making an observation that that is the poor reaction of the village to dunadan's ncorrect votes.

In the SLyM wagon who stands out most really?

Zandragon (Probably trying to just make a throw away activity vote #381)
    Dunadan (random vote, no idea why #389)
    Fecklessrhino (mafia, stated reason suspicious posts #413)
    Void Slayer (Changed from Timoly because balefuego pointed out the mafia could alter the vote easily and the choice I thought was mafia needed to be secured# 425)
    JasonFour (same as above, not wanting vote manipulation even though he had no idea #437)
    I needed a name to post. (Rushed vote #448)
    Wandering Hero (Secure the number 2 vote #452)

After I changed off Timoly, a large number of people jumped on the wagon also, don't know if that means anything. Probably a mafia member in there trying to hide.

Kime should not be powered up, HE IS NOT ON OUR SIDE AND SAID SO IN THE NARRATION. ALSO IT POWERS UP38th Doe, who's objective is the sealing of powers, which has been happening constantly and more frequently with the increase in host power. That is like double bad.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited July 2011
    No Kime is on the side of the villagers

link

101 on
    edited July 2011
    It doesn't matter either way. points to host are applied to both hosts anyway

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    No Kime is on the side of the villagers

link

Read more carefully. The village has sided with kime. That does not mean HE is on OUR side...

I would assume with rank 5 he would have some new freedom or powers or something, but so far all we have seen is 38th doe manipulating things. I am pretty sure the plan is for doe to seal up the power after we hand kime god-like powers with the host category.

It is too late anyway probably.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wandering Hero for editing like 50% of his posts. That alone is enough for me, but really he's been on my radar anyway.

Though jesus VS, I'm trying hard NOT to vote for you but you're making it so difficult! We sided with kime, meaning OUR ROLE IN THIS PHALLA IS TO BE ONE WITH KIME.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think the categories getting sealed up has more to do with entropy than with Host. I can see justifying reducing the power of Host, regardless. Who wants uberpowerful dudes mucking around in our little war.

We definintely need to reduce entropy, though. That shit is getting too high, and has been pretty much confirmed as bad for us that like having phenominal cosmic power.

No vote yet... we did good yesterday nailing a mafia and SK (?), but that was the network. Our voting track record has been pretty shitty so far.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    if Host gets up to level 10 does that result in a

8-)

HOST VICTORY?

Lucedes on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So we finally got a mafia and a SK.

But with one host trying to screw us like a wine press, I think we should just take all our points out of Host and put them somewhere else. We may be boosting kime (nothing a few little plastic tubs of Funfetti frosting with sprinkles wouldn't accomplish), but at the same time, we'ew increasing 38th's power to screw with us by locking powers.

As far as a vote, I think Void Slayer is acting six kinds of squirrely, and I don't like it.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited July 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    if Host gets up to level 10 does that result in a

8-)

HOST VICTORY?
    Please. We designed this game. You think there's any situation which isn't? :P

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited July 2011
    Of course I am acting squirlly, I am trying to analyze the voting record (poorly I am kinda bad at that) while getting the vote off me.

God forbid I try and defend myself from the exact same kind of reckless accusations I was making fun of yesterday. Or that damned people too quiet to try and defend themselves.

Why and where did the idea that negative entropy automatically helps the village come from, who has been promoting the idea of boosting the hosts. The village is making a lot of assumptions which could be based on disinformation from the mafia.

I would rather speak up about it even if it might make me seem suspicious and have been doing so since the beginning of this confusing game.

Void Slayer on
    edited July 2011
    So if you feel like I am screwing with you, feel free to abstain. If you would like some help manipulating your power better, feel free to listen. Either way, consider giving up your power and living the good life like Phyphor, Langly, and Egos. Well not so much Egos, I suppose.

In any case, to prove that my intentions are constructive, I'm proposing a contest. Whoever can construct the highest tower by 9am EST tomorrow will receive a prize.

The first person who PMs me a screenshot of the highest score on the submit score screen will be rewarded. If the highest score is a tie, the person who sends it in first will win.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited July 2011
    I got 213 with my mind.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While I'm not playing anymore, I did get 280

MaxFrost on
    edited July 2011
    Screw it, I spent way too much time on that game years ago, not going to spend hours of time playing it for some silly in-game award. Not when I have steam games to play for silly tickets. :P

Don't suppose there's any way to look up you old high scores in it?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Screw it, I spent way too much time on that game years ago, not going to spend hours of time playing it for some silly in-game award. Not when I have steam games to play for silly tickets. :P

Do you have a Kongregate account that you used when playing it? If there is, and you didn't get the 600 height achievement (which I would presume most people haven't), it'll list a "Best so far".

Like so:

q5Glz.png

Of course, the host specifies the "submit score" screen, so who knows

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oooooOOOOOOOOoooooo

337, but by the end I was just flinging blocks at the top of my tower daring it to stay upright for just one more second

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOO

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    OK, bring entropy into the negatives guys

Hold it right here.

In my thread we obey the law's of thermodynamics.

romanqwerty on
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oooOOOooOOoo

379, yo

Tmoiy on
    edited July 2011

Do you have a Kongregate account that you used when playing it? If there is, and you didn't get the 600 height achievement (which I would presume most people haven't), it'll list a "Best so far".

Like so:

q5Glz.pngOf course, the host specifies the "submit score" screen, so who knows
    Then again, if you do have the 600 point achievement, you probably won anyway

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Yeah wow, highest I got before it crashed was 500ish.

Then I got too frustrated to continue attempting

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    I think we broke Spoit

I think Spoit may have caught a bizarre mid-day post restriction of some kind. Surprisingly, that makes me less inclined to vote for him, so if its a clever mafia ploy, its a good one. tmoiy seems like more of a confused villager than mafia to me. However, I'm not seeing a lot of posts from SLyM, and the ones I do are not very helpful. Voting inactives usually gets them talking.

Or dying. Either way.

Yes, Spoit?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    What, wandering hero?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    Glad you asked.

Why would FecklessRogue defend you while at the same time speaking that if it was a mafia ploy, it was a quite clever one (he knew the whole time whether it was or not)?

Why were you posting in all caps?

Why would you say
    Like was said yesterday, a strong vote and more information are almost always better for the village than the mafia.
    and yet then condemn someone else
    THOUGH HOW YOU COULD POSSIBLY SPIN A 2ND VOTE KILL THAT COULD BE EASILY MANIPULATED BY A MASONED GROUP, LIKE SAY THE FREAKING MAFIA, IS MORE BENEFICIAL FOR THE VILLAGE...

Why would you change your vote at the last minute, when you were the one keeping track of them, and knew that it was going to be tie? (oh wait, I didn't check before voting)

You claimed to be a special, albeit a less powerful than a normal villager special? The suspicion is that you absorb people's points thus increasing your own? Why does that not sound like a villager power and even if it was, why do we want you to be allowed to continue doing that?

You also said
    Unless someone has any strong ideas about potential mafia targets, feel free to vote me out.

We have two kills. You have acted weird enough in this game that I think using one of them on you is a good bet.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
    edited July 2011
    The post restriction was a one day thing, which phyphor as much admitted to being the one to use it on me.

The point absorption wasn't me, it was egos. You know, with the whole power syphoner role name.

My 'power' is that until day 5, I have less worth to the village than a random vanillager. And it won't be until day 9 that I'd finally match a vanillager in terms of net usefulness.

And as much as I hate role calls, recent information has made me think that I may not be the only person in the village with this role, so if anyone happens to want to contact me and do some power specifics/role name pass phrase junk...

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    I overslept and am now 2-3 hours late to work.

immortal squish

Dunadan019 on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wandering Hero for being the first to cast a stone. Especially with two vote kills now, the mafia would really prefer that two strong villager wagons arise, and what better way than to try and start one on an easy target themselves.

romanqwerty on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wandering hero is my choice for the day. I think Baidol is also a good choice.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    my MIND hurts.

:/

Lucedes on