As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Five Year [chat]iversary

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    ok

20 bucks for F:NV + DLC seems like a plan

Wait, you can get F:NV + all the DLC for 20 bucks? F:NV is only $14.99...holy shit.

That is a steal. I'd say F:NV was worth the $50 I paid for it.

Oh yeah, F:NV was a given at that price

I just needed some feedback on the dlc. I know it's only $3, but I could get like a chocolate bar for that too.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    there's a lot of shit on ocremix, but I find it's worth it to keep tabs on it in case stuff like this comes out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSDoA6lP8qY

kaleedity on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ell you listening to anything right now?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So after a few days I've lost all interest in Just Cause 2.

It can be a little too aimless at times, and the stronghold takeover missions are a pain, but i never really got tired of destroying everything I laid eyes upon with a stolen military helicopter.

I booted it last night in order to take a screenshot for the steam sale competition thingy and ended up playing for an hour or two, just 100%-ing villages and shit.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So after a few days I've lost all interest in Just Cause 2.

Find a propane tank that shoots upwards. Find a bad guy. Hook them together. Fire upon the propane tank. Instant space program!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    Ell what is your avatar/sig from

http://vimeo.com/22253725

I'd been looking to get F: NV for a while

everyone here seems to love it

ditto. wish it hadn't taken most of yesterday to download.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I must be the only person here who didnt like new vegas

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    fuck I spent $40 this weekend on steam

I've got so much shit to do fuck

kaleedity on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am tempted by Ruse as well. It was a fun beta but I don't think it would get that much play from me. So I laid off.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There's a nest of House Sparrows right next to my window. They are now chirping all.fucking.day. It's nonstop! They even do it at night now. I'm going to rid the world of this nest today... But I don't want to actually kill the birds. Any way I can do that? Or will touching the nest basically fuck these birds forever?

(I've done my research, and House Sparrows are complete dicks to other birds. Including going into the nest of another bird and fucking eating/destroying the eggs, and laying it's eggs in the nest)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

that thing kaleedity just posted

earlier I was listening to lykke li

and before that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8M68qw46g

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    ok

20 bucks for F:NV + DLC seems like a plan

Wait, you can get F:NV + all the DLC for 20 bucks? F:NV is only $14.99...holy shit.

That is a steal. I'd say F:NV was worth the $50 I paid for it.

Oh yeah, F:NV was a given at that price

I just needed some feedback on the dlc. I know it's only $3, but I could get like a chocolate bar for that too.

But can you shoot radroaches in the gullet with a chocolate bar?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I guess the problem for is some of the missions are fantastic.

Like in the tutorial campaign where I have to escape on that car. Or another where I get air lifted on top of a convoy where I have to capture a witness and evade the rest of the convoy.

Then I get 2 hours of dumb shit.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Next to quantum theory (lol quantum wellness), thermodynamics has to be the most misquoted and misinterpreted set of scientific facts that people use to justify the weirdest of shit.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm almost definitely going to buy Vampire: The Masquerade if it goes on sale, and maybe even if it doesn't. It's almost NEVER on sale on Steam, but right now it's $13.39 instead of $19.99.

I mean, I already own it on disc, but discs are boring.

Drez on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have been so cheap this steam sale. I think I'm at like 30 bucks spent

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Next to quantum theory (lol quantum wellness), thermodynamics has to be the most misquoted and misinterpreted set of scientific facts that people use to justify the weirdest of shit.

I just don't understand the whole Conversation of Energy thing.

I mean, honestly, I'd rather talk about something else.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Guild Wars: Trilogy is 5 bucks. I would be down with that. I always wanted to play through GW.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bah, nothing on sale that I want.

urahonky on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah so turns out even though having a pet put down is awful, having to put a pet down yourself is worse

fml

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Guild Wars: Trilogy is 5 bucks. I would be down with that. I always wanted to play through GW.

Isn't it $15?

Drez on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hrm, David Duke is looking at another run for the presidency.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Its at its best when people use it to try to disprove evolution.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It is, I dropped a 1 in my head. Oh well no GW for me.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Please. The mere existence of bananas disproves evolution.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

It bothers me the most when people use it to try to justify terrible diet/exercise plans.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This was a good joke from Jimmy Fallon: A first-edition Charles Darwin book was returned to a library in Australia, 122 years late. You could tell it was a Darwin book because it actually evolved into an iPad."

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    do conventional weapons in FO:NV become less of a pain to use past the first intro town?

I'm a fallout newb, but it's been fun running out of ammo so far. If ammo levels stay this low I'll make a different character at this point. Note that I've only invested one short play session.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

that thing kaleedity just posted

earlier I was listening to lykke li

and before that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8M68qw46g

I've had this Lykke Li song stuck in my head the last couple days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpKlavKwkU

but listen to this guy's stuff

http://soundcloud.com/starslingeruk

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

It bothers me the most when people use it to try to justify terrible diet/exercise plans.

wait, quantum diet?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Wait, how do you do that? Because the body isn't a closed system....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    This was a good joke from Jimmy Fallon: A first-edition Charles Darwin book was returned to a library in Australia, 122 years late. You could tell it was a Darwin book because it actually evolved into an iPad."

heh, good one

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Today on steam sale: a bunch of shit.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

YOU HAVE A SINGLE DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK. WHAT IS IT DOING THERE? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE TWO OF THEM?

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Drez on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ford's response to the hacking scandal earns a big :^: from me.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So a couple of weeks ago I bemoaned having DeShadowC as a mod on the minecraft server I'm playing on.

On this server there's a plug in that allows people to claim land and set up countries.

Shadow has apparently taken it upon himself to rename nations he doesn't like.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's okay Drez, it's okay. Breathe.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Wait, how do you do that? Because the body isn't a closed system....
    Fatstranauts try to disprove the calories in / calories out theory by saying that our bodies are not calorimeters. While this is true, every single experiment done in rats or humans has shown that maintaining a calorie deficit = weight loss and that a calorie surplus = weight gain. And, while some people do burn more efficiently, they are well within the normal distribution of metabolic rate.

Fat people (who claim metabolic syndrome) always point to the person they know who eats a bucket of ice cream a day and doesn't ever move. Yet, if you were to record that person's eating habits, you would probably find that they actually aren't overeating over the course of a day. Not to mention that obese people underestimate their caloric intake by up to 50%.

I'm a fatty mc faterstein and I have to meticulously record what I eat so I can figure out when I'm overeating. If I tried to claim metabolic syndrome or "Genetics!!!!!", I would be lying to myself because there are days where I would just eat like a thing of peanut butter then go eat 4000 calories at a buffet.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    kaleedity wrote: »
    do conventional weapons in FO:NV become less of a pain to use past the first intro town?

I'm a fallout newb, but it's been fun running out of ammo so far. If ammo levels stay this low I'll make a different character at this point. Note that I've only invested one short play session.

ammo is way more plentiful than energy cells/whatever else energy weapons use

but yeah for the first little while you'll keep running out of ammo for your various guns

eventually (as in all games) once you get towards the end ammo conservation doesn't matter as much for most calibers. some, like .45-70 and .308 (if you don't have dead money) will always be kind of rare, though.

edit: also, repair helps out with the ammo thing. not only can you make some good bullets in some calibers, but you can breakdown calibers you dont use and convert them to something you do use

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.