As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB: Nearly halfway through the draft! (Slow Draft Rd 11/12 - FortyTwo's up)

19596979899101»

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    With my pick, I will be taking
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrpJ8TKkXw

hhPmO.jpg

Tommy Hanson

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    aka bed time

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, same here. I'm off the next 4 days so waiting on me will be at a minimum.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    fuck I just finish up my new and improved big board and Tommy Hanson is gone

damnit!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Wow. Shit got real while I decided to go rent Moneyball.

Pretty safe to say after watching it that all of your teams are utter shit and mine is best.

• Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    Freddie Freeman

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Aw dang, might get to pick tonight.

You still arounf @Sweeney Tom?

• Options
    Nah, I'm thinking Tom went to bed.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    You people have no respect for the big board!

another one bites the dust

• Options
    SHAZAM!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    alg_ivan_nova_pitching.jpg
    Ivan Nova

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    SHAZAM!

2jaassw.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's a new day!!

@Schide

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ok this might get closed before I get an answer but 100 million for Ryan Zimmerman? Really?

• Options
    He has a higher WAR over the last 6 seasons than Adrian Gonzalez, Jose Reyes, Mark Teixeira, and Adrian Beltre, and that's even with being injured.

Source: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-cost-of-making-ryan-zimmerman-a-national-for-life/ Which also says his offensive numbers are comparable to Matt Kemp's (not skillset, just his production).

And then there's this article that claims he's an elite defender and a good bat: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/comps-for-ryan-zimmermans-extension/

I think its a great move for them.

• Options
    Looks like a reasonable deal to me.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    $100 million dollars

That is a lot of money

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Huh, he's only 27. For some reason in my head he was a lot older. Nevermind, that actually is a pretty good deal.

• Options
    Hey @Jasconius we're doing trades right? And we can include future draft picks in those trades?

• Options
    I've decided to disable draft picks trading for two reason

#1) It makes the keeper system more difficult to track
    #2) I don't want people trading future picks and then abandoning their team and screwing someone else over

• Options
    I'm heading off to a meeting for the next couple hours. If Schide makes his I can make mine around 11am pst.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I have no intention of abandoning my team, man.

That is pretty lame. We didn't even get to vote on that. I mean, you obsess over keeper rules and then disable trading draft picks?

(and I had just decided which future pick I could trade without missing that player(s) when I couldn't keep them).

Goose! on
  • Options
    There Is No Draft Pick Trading

It Was A Bad Idea That Was Brought Up One Time Before We Even Decided On A Slow Draft

Nobody Remembered It Except You

It Introduces Too Much Complexity In Conjunction With A Graduated Keeper Penalty

• Options
    That is dumb and you are dumb and typing with too many capital letters.

• Options
    Also how many DL spots are on the roster?

• Options

• Options
    @Schide is online! Yaaaay

• Options
    The only reason I wouldn't want to do this is I drafted him in the other league already, but he's by far the highest ranked guy still left on my thing, so...

BJ Upton

hu_080227mag_uptonscover.jpg

It's the Super Uptono Bros Super Show!

• Options
    @Maximum do your stuff

• Options
    The Wrong Upton

• Options
    If it kills me I am going to make a 300MB animated GIF of every looking strikeout BJ Upton has taken over the last five years

• Options
    Fortunately we didn't make Ks a negative category so it's moot.

• Options
    Upton_Called_Strikes.png

Chart of strike 3 looking. I'm not sure but I *think* that's just April and May of 2011.

The glut of 2 ball K's suggests that BJ Upton's approach at the plate is literally identical to my video game approach. If he thinks they're going to throw him a ball, he won't even move the bat. Then gets thrown out of the game by Joe West.

• Options
    Maximum won't be back for another 35 minutes, at least.

• Options
    If I don't get the 2 pitchers I want, I'm blaming Jasc.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Big Papi

big-papi.jpg

@FortyTwo

Maximum on
  • Options
    @FortyTwo has stuff goin on and won't be around for another hour.

This discussion has been closed.