As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good places to eat in Seattle?

MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Related to this tread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=143454

Posting new one because Fagatron can't log in right now so we can't edit the title.

We're going to be getting to Seattle tonight, does anyone have suggestions for awesome places to get meals? Dinner tonight, all 3d meals tomorrow, and breakfast Thursday, so we have plenty of oportunity to try stuff out. Thanks!

Melinoe on

• Options
    jamesrajamesra Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My wife and I visit Seattle fairly often. There are lots of great little places, of course, but for those you certainly need people who still live there. For nicer places:

The Pink Door is a great Italian place near the market. Lovely space, excellent, excellent food. Price wise, we found it very reasonable, but we're both mid-career professionals, so if you're a student or just starting out, adjust your expectations. And the room is awesome just to be in; it has a very 1920s sort of vibe to it.

Dahlia Lounge We've eaten there two or three times over the years, and its been excellent. A little on the pricy side, but well worth it. Again, just an excellent meal. Great service, good recommendations.

Both of these are on the fancier side, but on the other hand, its the PNW. Nothing is really fancy by NYC/Chicago/LA standards; no place I've ever seen requires a jacket and tie or has a problem with jeans (and you could probably get in to all of them in a T-shirt and shorts, but don't be those people). I don't know that that's what you're looking for, I recommend them both very highly.

jamesra on
    "Everything in war is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult. The difficulties accumulate and end by producing a kind of friction. . . . This tremendous friction . . . is everywhere in contact with chance, and brings about effects that cannot be measured, just because they are largely due to chance" Carl Von Clausezwitz. (1832),
  • Options
    FDRFDR Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Umi Sake House, if sushi is your thing. In north Downtown/Belltown area. The best in the city and a good happy hour menu too.

I really like Ravish on Eastlake. Tiny little organic restaurant.

If you want to go out for breakfast/brunch you can't miss Portage Bay in the U-district.

All the above are not too expensive and two can probably eat out for around $30. This does seem like a question ready made for yelp though.

FDR on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, there is an excellent breakfast diner place in capitol hill called Glo's.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    DELICATUS

It'd help if we knew what kind of budget you're looking at. If you're looking at moderate dining, then recommending Il Terazzo or Canlis ain't gonna help.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I really like Taberna Del Alabardero for Spanish/tapas. Their happy hour usually has some sweet deals on tapas, too. Also don't expect the menu on the website to match the actual restraunt. Every time I've been there they've had a different menu. They change their tapas constantly.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If you like yakitori spots, check out Issian @ 1618 N 45th St - it's in Wallingford, just a little north of Seattle. Amazing place. MASSIVE tuna collars for like 6 dollars. Also right next to Molly Moon's which has some of the best ice cream I've ever had.

Paseos (4225 Fremont Avenue) is a must do if you like cuban sandos.

Have a good trip!

Whoops, too late looks like. Oh well, something to keep in mind anyway :)

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wild Ginger is PRIME for awesome and expensive Asian food. I go here every time I end up back home.

El Puerco Lloron is real good for dirty mexican food.

Sunfish on Alki is great for fish and chips.

White Center Pho is pretty grimey but it has some of the best Pho I've ever had. This man has slaved over his big rusty pho pot for centuries and developed the perfect bowl of veggie pho.

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg