Options

[3:16 OOC] Thoughts and chatter thread! Active Recruitment Currently Closed!

2»

• Options
    AlfredRAlfredR I take weekends off from the internet Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am so glad someone else found that as funny as it was when that line occurred to me.

ope well this section is all about water worlds now I can't hold it anymore

AlfredR on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    So people who need to just have to roll NFA to get some kit, then we're planetside?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Also sbeast where are you!?! we needs our fix

• Options
    Sorry guys! I've been trying to get back onto these forums ever since the switch-over. This would be my first successful log-in. Totally didn't ditch ya, just been typing passwords repeatedly into that silly bar up there.

Yes, Grog: Those who I've ruled do not have field kits can make an NFA check to get themselves one against the Platoon Sergeant's orders. They'll then no longer be under the effect I described in the other thread. Those without field kits do not have to make this check, but it is always an option -- they're also free to make NFA checks on the surface to steal a field kit from one of the other PCs, after-all!

And Egos: I'll shoot a message his way, but I'm going to assume he's been busy/locked out of the system like I was -- unless we've seen him post elsewhere recently? I dunno!

• Options
    SBeastSBeast Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I was just now able to log into the new forums for the first time. My account was bugged and Ramius had to fix it. I'll post in the other thread very soon!

• Options
    Welcome back, SBeast!

I'll get the thread moving soon, folks. Prepping some stuff for the next scene. Of course, during this time you're free and welcome to post in response to Greene with: one attempt to get ahold of a functional kit you shouldn't have, RP, and/or inform me of what nick-nacks and doodads your character considers important enough they'd take them planetside for 15 weeks.

Excuse me now while I try and figure out how vanilla forums work.

• Options
    yes SBeast, now silent officer behind the desk in the resupply area is a recurring character.

• Options
    And his name shall forevermore be: Guy Whodoesnotwanttodowork.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Alright. Question.

Drops: Are they Starship troopers/ODST/Space Marine style individual landings, or one Aliens style dropship?

Just being clear.

• Options
    The Landing Craft is a single dropship.

Just you wait till one of you makes rank for a Drop Pod. I imagine those bad boys are sexy ODST caskets on rockets.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Clearly the answer here is shitty art

Like so

AlfredR on
  • Options
    What's the color of our armor? Olive green?

• Options
    If you'd like for it to be! I admit I've always assumed that when I've flipped through the books.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Aw yeah, that florid prose.

I'm so sorry. It's not half bad, I promise, go ahead and read it.

Next time? 6000 word story about Guy Whodoesnotwanttodowork. My present.
    my typing gets away from my fingers

AlfredR on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    The haunting thing is the idea Guy may be the only survivor if this all goes wrong.

Hmm. The jellyfish don't seem smart enough to down a dropship. Things might get... messy. Also political.

I hope they don't get political. Felix and political would be a train wreck.

• Options
    My apologies. My desire to take a vacation from work after meeting a horrendous and unrealistic deadline was punished by an internet outage, leaving me with only a large collection of video games and board games to pass the time. The horror!

However, Sergeant Greene has returned to generally be kind of a dick once more!

• Options
    You poor thing, all cooped up with board games :P

Happy to have you back!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    hm unfortunate posted at the same time (basically :I ) as chia ..hurm

edit: and he did exactly the opposite of what was told. :/

Egos on
  • Options
    Hey, it kinda works out.

Your guy diving in just as the Corporal loudly discourages risking everyone's life by getting out of armor?

Nicely increases party tensions while cementing a basic truth.

Felix is kind of an awful officer. Good at fighting, good at not dying. Bad at keeping people in line and alive.

• Options
    I'll be unable to reach the internet from tomorrow (friday) until the following tuesday. Sorry if it holds things up, but I'm sure Boots can fade into the background for a little bit.

• Options
    "GODDAMMIT ZOMBIE , YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE EATING PEOPLE NOT SAVING THEM"

So I'm curious,Alfred. Are these people most certainly going to die if I don't help them out? I'm guessing Yes. Also how hard is it for a trooper to get back with his or her squadron?

Asking this in the thread, since I figured the last question might be of interest to everyone at some point or another O_o

• Options
    The way I figure it is: you've definitively saved two troopers. Feel free to detail them or leave it to me. If you stay and help Okinawa, you will definitively save six more troopers. If you don't help, fewer than eight troopers will be saved from drowning -- Okinawa would probably only be able to save three of them without a badass protagonist helping them.

As for how hard it is to rejoin: It'd be an NFA check to navigate the jungle by yourself to avoid any hazards, with whatever ramifications might come from a failed roll.

• Options
    Sorry for being incommunicado guys, I got really busy at the end of last week and stayed that way throughout the weekend.

• Options
    No worries. Life, like death, comes for us all eventually and is frequently kind of inconvenient.

• Options
    So, is this dead? Been over a week since the last post.

• Options
    Oh crap, thought I'd taken my turn! Here I was thinking everyone else had given up.

I'm up for keeping this going. Don't know about others though.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Grog wrote:
    Here I was thinking everyone else had given up.

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Egos on
  • Options
    summerycleptsummeryclept Registered User regular
    Will have a post up tonight - apologies!

• Options
    hmm Zombie actually has a chance of surviving. His NFA roll succeeded O_O

Will have a post up soon-ish..probably sometime tomorrow.

• Options
    I apologize for being miserably useless this past week, guys. Been staying with the girlfriend's family as a visit and, as you might expect, time to post is scattered and brief and I often miss the opportunity.