As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Vote for FemShep.... again!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I just cannot conceptualize Commander Shepard wandering around the Normandy in a hoodie. It just doesn't quite work

I think it is pretty cool myself.

An actually decent looking casual look instead of the jerk fit we got in me2

The casual wear kinda sucked in ME2, but a hoodie just feels out of place aboard one of the universes most advanced starships.

Doubly so since you never really see anyone in the Mass Effect universe wear anything like that.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The kid in the Earth demo wore a hoodie

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's called a Hoodie, you've probably never heard of it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The evening dress was the best -- except Commander Shepard doesn't know how to cross her legs when she sits.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The evening dress was the best -- except Commander Shepard doesn't know how to cross her legs when she sits.

I wouldn't expect her to since she comes off as a hardline soldier that's very awkward in social situations

also she subconsciously wants to flash Garrus

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -Tal wrote: »

I wouldn't expect her to since she comes off as a hardline soldier that's very awkward in social situations

also she subconsciously wants to flash Garrus

Sub?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Turians have cloacas, right? Because they're birds? I think he would just be confused.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This thread is starting to creep me out.

Can we go back to talking about exterminating the Batarian menace?

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sounds like a plan.

So, if the Reapers make a Batarian Reaper, should it count as one kill, or millions?

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I want hoodies for the entire crew

I'm Commander Shepard and this is the Citadel's top dance crew.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan.

So, if the Reapers make a Batarian Reaper, should it count as one kill, or millions?

That still only counts as one!

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I love the fact that each reaper killed is its own genocide

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Turians have cloacas, right? Because they're birds? I think he would just be confused.

I apologize in advance for this post.

I think if Turians had cloacae, then there would have been some reference to it in game, like there was with the Salarians. My assumption was that Turians have an arrangement like ostriches (and I'm not going into more detail than that, thank you. Use Google if you're curious).

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The main difference is linguistic

for example, when Mordin calls Kirrahe a cloaca, does he mean that he's a pussy? an asshole? a dick? none of those are really appropriate when his example is just that Kirrahe gives too many speeches, and you'd think the translator would pick up on the nuance anyway. so cloaca apparently has some unique meaning

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The main difference is linguistic

for example, when Mordin calls Kirrahe a cloaca, does he mean that he's a pussy? an asshole? a dick? none of those are really appropriate when his example is just that Kirrahe gives too many speeches, and you'd think the translator would pick up on the nuance anyway. so cloaca apparently has some unique meaning

Well, my assumption that Turians have a, um, retractable tool comes from two things: 1) Turians pee standing up. 2) Garrus' joke about having "reach."

I can't figure out Krogan, though. Either they should be wearing some kind of cup or there should be some serious grape smuggling going on.

And yes, I have thought way too much about this subject. I'll try to keep it to myself from now on. :...:

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »

Renegade interrupt is "you just got served!" (That's the correct nomenclature?)

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Contemptuously bragging: Bring it.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think I've played too much Mass Effect when I watch this and immediately think

Renegade Interrupt!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That might have been a little extreme Commander

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so taking this thread to the past briefly.

Since I've lost my original Shepard run from the 360, I'm giving the 1st game a go on the PC. I found instructions for getting Bring Down the Sky here, but the links to the account stuff appear to be out of date and there's no means I can see of registering my copy of ME1. Is there some more up-to-date and legit way of acquiring BDtS?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Since I've lost my original Shepard run from the 360, I'm giving the 1st game a go on the PC. I found instructions for getting Bring Down the Sky here, but the links to the account stuff appear to be out of date and there's no means I can see of registering my copy of ME1. Is there some more up-to-date and legit way of acquiring BDtS?

This is an EXCELLENT question that I would love to know the answer to. There doesn't seem to be a way to get DLC for the first game, and I never played bring down the sky, but would very much like to.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Contemptuously bragging: Bring it.
    This one believes that it is on.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cambiata wrote: »

This is an EXCELLENT question that I would love to know the answer to. There doesn't seem to be a way to get DLC for the first game, and I never played bring down the sky, but would very much like to.

According to this post in the Mass Effect 1 Tech Support sub-forum on the Bioware Social Network, you have to contact EA Support to get a key for Bring Down The Sky, then download the installer from the page already linked.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Good to know. Thank you, Lawndart.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    They really should just include BDtS in the Steam install now, since it's free and all and requires arcane exertion to acquire.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    On the plus side, they provided a key quickly and without fuss. Though I do agree with you, SoundsPlush.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I managed to get BDtS without contacting anyone, though naturally I don't remember how. I think I had to make an account on Bioware's old site, and then I got a BDtS key using my Mass Effect key .

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I managed to get BDtS without contacting anyone, though naturally I don't remember how. I think I had to make an account on Bioware's old site, and then I got a BDtS key using my Mass Effect key .

Same, but there was some digging to get the code. Also, that was months back, so it might not work now.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, it'd be nice if you could do BDtS if possible.

Hypothetically, there might be consequences.

takyris on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oh yes.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    takyris wrote: »
    Yeah, it'd be nice if you could do BDtS if possible.

Hypothetically, there might be consequences.

tarak wondering what treatment is best for his child

calling it

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Tarak is crashing Pluto into the Charon relay confirmed

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    let it go, tal

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    the punishment for letting Tarak free would literally be the destruction of Earth

how is this not an appropriate consequence

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's been at least a year since I played my Steam copy of Mass Effect, but I could have sworn that it included Bring Down The Sky without any additional futzing.

Maybe I just blacked out the DLC acquisition phase after three ME1 playthroughs in a row.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    the punishment for letting Tarak free would literally be the destruction of Earth

how is this not an appropriate consequence

I'm sure the hostages you save go on to becoming very successful therapists who specialize in helping the families of Balak's future victims deal with their lose.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Shepard did the best thing he could to Tarak:

He topped him. Even better, the fucker is probably stuck in a batarian system hiding out. So he's either dead, or stuck in misery to contemplate why it is the humans ALWAYS win.

Edit: If you killed him, you don't get to have that rubbed in his face, and the girl you let die isn't there to join in a picture mocking him. The only human aid in an N7 supply crate sent to him.

Daris on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Daris wrote: »

He topped him. Even better, the fucker is probably stuck in a batarian system hiding out. So he's either dead, or stuck in misery to contemplate why it is the humans ALWAYS win.

Edit: If you killed him, you don't get to have that rubbed in his face, and the girl you let die isn't there to join in a picture mocking him. The only human aid in an N7 supply crate sent to him.

Well, you can rub it in and toss him in the clink if you choose not to let him go.

Then again, gloating? Well, to quote a wise man "if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power... they will talk, they will gloat. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.”

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Well, you can rub it in and toss him in the clink if you choose not to let him go.

Then again, gloating? Well, to quote a wise man "if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power... they will talk, they will gloat. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.”

It took me a while to place that quote. I clearly need to read the books again.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

It took me a while to place that quote. I clearly need to read the books again.

Oh, man, I loved that book.

Also, Balak, not Tarak. I can honestly say that I don't know how much impact "Guy who was one of three bosses on Garrus's recruitment mission, and whom anyone importing an ME2 game will have had no choice but to have killed during the process of recruiting Garrus" is going to have in ME3.

takyris on