As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Vote for FemShep.... again!

• devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Oh, Mass Effect thread.

Never change.

Especially when it spins off into a point and click adventure game full of cross species rendezvous, as you gather up a multi species cast to put on the greatest musical the galaxy has ever seen.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect thread in a nutshell: “Oooh, ahhh, that’s how it always starts. Then later there’s running and screaming.”

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Alas, only Zaeed makes it out alive.

s7Imn5J.png
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    I am Pacal is a monster

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Spectre Induction is probably my favorite track out of both games.

Renegade Wolf on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I am Pacal wrote:
    I am Pacal wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Hudson just tweeted that they've discovered the cutest bug. They're trying to figure out why Tali keeps hicupping.

I guess that answers the question: does Tali swallow or spit?

WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK GOD NO

goddammit this is why we can't have nice things

And I thought this *was* a nice thing. Besides, it's not like I posted fanfic or something...

A gentleman would have used more subtle terms to hint at the more unsavoury possibilities.
    Instead you went balls out with ... Dammit!

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hey, quick question. Are there any articles anywhere that detail any changes to the gameplay for ME3?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    jammu wrote:
    I am Pacal wrote:
    I am Pacal wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Hudson just tweeted that they've discovered the cutest bug. They're trying to figure out why Tali keeps hicupping.

I guess that answers the question: does Tali swallow or spit?

WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK GOD NO

goddammit this is why we can't have nice things

And I thought this *was* a nice thing. Besides, it's not like I posted fanfic or something...

A gentleman would have used more subtle terms to hint at the more unsavoury possibilities.
    Instead you went balls out with ... Dammit!

You guys have no one to blame but yourselves.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hey, quick question. Are there any articles anywhere that detail any changes to the gameplay for ME3?

There's this youtube video:

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    @Cambiata: thanks.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    That's actually a fair bit more than I already knew

although I haven't really been following the news

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I'm a wee bit worried by the lack of certain names on the "Confirmed Character" list, but I'm trying to convince myself that the Devs want to leave a few plot items a mystery so that we are dutifully surprised by them.

• KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote:

There's this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4B_MkzXMMk

Awesome, the preview image seems to show the skill system will be a lot more like the one in Mass Effect 1.

I'm not really willing to view the whole video. Any spoilers in it?

396796-1.png
    edited August 2011
    Seriously wrote:
    That's actually a fair bit more than I already knew

although I haven't really been following the news

Yea... my feelings toward ME2 are rather lukewarm, so I haven't done any following at all. But! My key points of contention about ME2 seem like they may be addressed in the sequel, so I'm pretty happy. As the release date grows closer, I'm going to have to go back and run through the DLC I have, for sure.

"Biotics are more potent in combat" is a promise that I hope is kept. It doesn't need to be lol 1 hit geometry KO lift/push spam like in ME1, but damned if they didn't feel so... neutered in ME2.

@Korlash: Yes, there are spoilers in the video.

tastydonuts on
    Yup, spoilers. Not great big fat ones but if you want to be surprised by the story at game release, then don't watch it.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry guys, forgot to put in spoiler tags for that video. They're there now.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Bailey is back. Fuck yes.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote:
    Bailey is back. Fuck yes.

Yeah, but keep that off the record.

• Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    takyris wrote:
    [/i]

Hey Taky, is that AA-12 sci-fi shotgun you guys were working on in the game yet? Because that's something I really want to see.

In a very sexual way.

Please tell me this is true

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't think anyone would particularly like to...
    play through the entire game at one-third speed as Joker.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

"What the shit?"

Makes me laugh. Every. Single. Time.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Thought some of the "literati" amongst you might want to know that there's a lengthy article about Jennifer Hale in the latest issue of The New Yorker. Most of the article is about her work with Mass Effect, and there's even some very minor ME3 spoilers.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    There was a poll a while ago that had different options for new weapons, the AA-12 is the one that won I thought. But I haven't heard a peep about it since.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    "Due to AI improvements, stealth with tactical cloak will be improved." You mean enemies aren't constantly aware of you whenever you're not cloaked, and when you do cloak when just moseying along you become alerted to upcoming enemies because they scream out that they've lost sight of the enemy? Hooray!

'Both soldiers, but Vega focuses on survivability and Ashley focuses on lethality.' Vega isn't making much of a case to get a party slot so far. It's like Jacob - the krogan are better, and also lethality is awesome.

Dr. Pepper items returning? So in other words, 'Dr. Pepper codes will be posted on the internet.'

s7Imn5J.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I would have done without those exquisite goggles

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    the Sentry Interface was a nice hat.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    GogglesShep is bestshep.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    In this case, the goggles do indeed do something.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    but the goggles dont give the retrofuturistic 80s miami vice feel

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Boy, I have not been in here in a while.

2uidu7k.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I use the Recon Hood on both of my ManSheps because they don't have hair anyway. Can't bring myself to use it on a FemShep.

The illustration above is still one of the best NPC conversations in the ME universe.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    that pic is canon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RandomshotRandomshot Registered User regular
    I wonder if Asari are all secretly deformed like the girl from the original Star Trek pilot. That was a real deal-breaker.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Just listen to the conversation at Eternity...they're probably hideous squid-creatures once you get past the mind control.

MetalMagus wrote:
    Thought some of the "literati" amongst you might want to know that there's a lengthy article about Jennifer Hale in the latest issue of The New Yorker. Most of the article is about her work with Mass Effect, and there's even some very minor ME3 spoilers.

Here's a link: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/15/110815fa_fact_bissell

• RandomshotRandomshot Registered User regular
    Would actually make sense that they would be mutated abominations given their retarded methods of reproduction.

Orca wrote:
    Just listen to the conversation at Eternity...they're probably hideous squid-creatures once you get past the mind control.

... with great boobs.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote:
    Orca wrote:

... with great boobs.

Oh! Then all is well! Who cares if they're hideous when the lights are off, am I right guys?

Guys...?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I can't find a picture, but does anybody else remember that one ME2 press event where one of the devs was surrounded by 7 models in the laziest asari makeup possible?

PNk1Ml4.png