As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the restored pokethread for just about everyone

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I normally prefer it when Ash's pokemon evolve, but Palpitoad should stay exactly the way it is.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I saw goody steelix with the devil!

I just had to let you know

that I appreciate this so much.

Like, that post is probably what's going to get you into heaven.

Jimothy on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanks!

I'm not a great comedian, but I've been known to tell a good pokejoke from time to time.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I normally prefer it when Ash's pokemon evolve, but Palpitoad should stay exactly the way it is.

It's pretty awesome. I love how he is swapping them around so much right now, but not making a big deal of it. Took them almost 15 years to realize it ain't no thang

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I got a holographic kilnklang card today

it was like being a young boy again, for a brief moment

pokeman cards make me nostalgic

BugBoy on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    me too

remember those cards in one of the gen 2 sets that had really cool clay art

Nerdgasmic on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yes

I love those

BugBoy on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    53.jpg

awww

I had the theme deck for this growing up.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    i made a sick dark blastoise deck once

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    pokemon-dunce.gif

redfenix on
    edited July 2011
    that's fantastic

Nerdgasmic on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There needs to be more like this.

Jimothy on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    izzat married to the sea

Beasteh on
    edited July 2011
    yes

Nerdgasmic on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    new forums -- new pokemon league??

yes??

You're welcome to try

i'll wait til everyone's back in the forums then okay deal

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    New Pokemon League?

If you post it, they will come
    and then never get around to making their teams

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    love that hermit crab

Dwebble is adorable

A bug among bugs

i should name my next hermit crab dwebble

new forums -- new pokemon league??

yes??

Was this going to be flat battle?

Because I'm training the last member of my grass team at the moment.

have we ever played a league to completion

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    These forums are so bright!

and now no one can see that I'm the Mix-Meister of Masterswords and Mushrooms!

Anyway maybe part of the problem with the league is that people don't actually like having monotyped teams?

Like I really like normal guys

My normal gym is some of my favorite dudes

but a lot of my other favorites aren't normal and in a game-style league I can't use 'em! Which means that just makin' teams is preferable

So maybe we should come up with something else that lets people use whoever they want

Like a

Like a

TOURNAMENT!

Announcer.png

TOURNAMENT!

CellGamesArena.jpg

TOURNAMENT!

1226351933964_f.jpg

k, set it up and i'll play

Maybe I should make caterpie my avatar

maybe that is what I will do

A tournament sounds fun.

Squall is the Hercule of this tournament

juggcat.jpg
    is anyone up for a battle

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Fiz wrote:

I think you mean Mr. Satan

oh god no the classic sunglasses emoticon is gone

0BnD8l3.gif
    I can play this role

Dichotomy wrote:
    Fiz wrote:

I think you mean Mr. Satan

oh god no the classic sunglasses emoticon is gone

cool.gif

juggcat.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    that one's got no panache

0BnD8l3.gif
    God these new smilies are bad.

#-O

:bz

Not all bad

what is :bz ????

I can't see any of these new smilies

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    k, set it up and i'll play

FRIDAY, AUGUST 5TH! PO-PO-PO-PO-POKEMON TOURNAMENT!!!

Or maybe it would be more appropriate to call it a ladder or something. Something half-way between a tournament and a league!

Anyway, starting August 5th, there will be VAGUELY ORGANIZED POKEMON PLAY!

Between then and now, you need to train between six and ten Pokemon! Wow!

These ten Pokemon will be the only ten you're allowed to use for the month, so pick guys you like! Your list will be visible to everybody, so everyone will know what pool you're working from but not which specific Pokemon you'll be bringing to a given fight. If you don't have a full roster of ten by August 5th, tough luck! It wouldn't be fair to let you add more guys to your roster after getting to see what everyone else is working with. Maybe people will bitch and whine about this rule enough to have it changed though! WHO KNOWS.

For the month of August, participants can play 36 points worth of games. Level 100 6 vs. 6 games are worth 3 points, and Level 50 3 vs. 3 games are worth 1 point. In other words, you can play either twelve 6v6 games or thirty-six 3v3 games for the month, or any combination of the two so long as you don't exceed 36 total! This works out to an average of three 6v6 or nine 3v3 games per week.

Winning a game nets you the amount of points the game was worth. So you play a 6v6 game, the winner gets 3 points and the loser gets 0 points! This was probably self-evident but I LIKE TO READ MY OWN POSTS.

REMATCHING IS A LITTLE NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED. You can play the same person in three 3v3 games or one 6v6 game. After that, you have to play every other person at least once before you can challenge that person again!

At the end of the 30-day period, ending at 11:59 September 1st, whoever's accrued the most points wins! If there's a tie we'll have a quick single-elimination tournament to break it! And if this doesn't turn out to be the smoldering pile of failure that it's destined to be, we'll do it again for September!

DO YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST POKE-DICK?! DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO PROVE IT?! THEN PM ME YOUR LIST OF POKEMON AND GET TRAINING IF YOU NEED TO I GUESS.

a bee, posted by BB.

heh

does anyone want to play a normal match

This discussion has been closed.