As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the restored pokethread for just about everyone

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tumblr_lh17msZ5Rq1qhtqp3o1_500.gif

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    how do alakazams fare these days

I had one back in gold that I loved

• Options
    edited August 2011
    BugBoy wrote:
    how do alakazams fare these days

I had one back in gold that I loved

it hits pretty hard and has great speed, but its 55 HP and 45 Defense really hurt it now that there are so many more priority attacks and choice scarf

it's movepool isn't the greatest, either

perfectly usable, though

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    55 hp?

I never realized it was that fragile

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Glass cannoniest of glass cannons.

• Options
    deoxys-A has 180 in each attack stat and 20 in each defense stat

• Options
    maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

I always wanted deoxys

But my local gamestop didnt have the event when I went there

How will team space alien ever be complete now

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    I just throw event dudes I want/need into my game through Pokesav thanks to a couple useful sites I found that store the files for such things

mostly because given my situation at school I don't have a Gamestop particularly close by, so I have to make do

this of course leads to me getting a copy of an already-accepted event thing so I can't reset for nature/IVs and the like but I feel as if most event things aren't meant to be used anyway

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    heyyyyyy

the official online pokemon card simulator is up

maybe we could play that

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    yeah if we liked things that were terrible

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    BugBoy wrote:
    heyyyyyy

the official online pokemon card simulator is up

maybe we could play that

doesn't that cost a bunch of money like a normal card game

besides we already proved that I own all the bitches in Pokemon TCG when we played on lackey

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I think it's free to start

and then you get more cards for buying packs?

I have like, two packs, so I'm good to go

LET ME SHOW YOU MY HOLO KLINKLANG

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Did they ever make it so trainer tokens could be exchanged for booster packs?

• Options
    I have no idea

I played the beta for like one afternoon and then forgot about it

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    BB can I remake my fire/fighting deck that had no cards later than R/S/E

if no fuck that

• Options
    I don't think you can

I am sorry to disappoint you

but you can play with this typhlosion premade deck!

I bet it's just as good

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    :|
    (it's easily better but I want my custom shitty deck)

• Options
    I kinda wish I'd played pokemon card games back in the day

I had a bunch but I only collected them

I did play magic and yugioh, though

god, I wonder how much money I spent on cardboard things as a youth

• Options
    ugh, yugioh

that game

• Options
    seven colored fish, nerdgasmic

you haven't lived until you've experienced its power

(it was a pretty bad game)

• Options
    I know, I played it

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    BugBoy wrote:
    I have no idea

I played the beta for like one afternoon and then forgot about it

I maxed out the three basic decks and had fun with it, but when info about the booster packs emerged and it looked like the large amount of tokens I earned were only going to be for clothes I started to lose interest.

And if memory serves the card variety went back a decent amount (don't expect to remake your childhood deck though), and some oldies were re-made.

e: lots of people were bugging them to have tokens unlock boosters, I'm somewhat pessimistic as to whether they did that.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hey can uh

Can a guy talk about the pokemon show up in here

• Options
    knock yourself out.

• Options
    you gotta decide, man

this is the pokethread for just about everyone

does it include you?

who can say

• Options
    Well I'm not sure I want to post in a thread with someone who does not acknowledge harpy's brother as best yugioh card

• Options
    don't care about harpies

this fish has seven colors, man

that's a lot

• Options
    Also I was playing the Indigo League drinking game last might with some art students

The "take a shot every time ash makes an incredulous noise" destroyed me

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    seven colored fish, nerdgasmic

you haven't lived until you've experienced its power

(it was a pretty bad game)

depends on when you played

I thought it was really good in the sets right before the one with chaos emperor dragon

and then still pretty good after that

• Options
    the fact that theres a card called chaos emperor dragon actually sums up the game pretty well

a little silly!

• Options
    Poké fact: Brock appears on the front cover with Ash and Pikachu for the Orange Island series. The first season just has Ash and Pikachu and the third has Ash, Pikachu and Misty.

Poor Tracey is relegated to single small screenshot on the back of the box.

• Options
    well sure it's a little silly

but there's nothing wrong with that

• Options
    I like how there was a card named Hades Ruler of the Underworld or something similar

and in the American version they changed it to Ha Des so as not to upset parents

also every instance of the word "death" was replaced with either "des" or "necro"

• Options
    Something, something, Shadow Realm.

• Options
    I think given the choice

I'd rather die than be sent to a place called the shadow realm

that does not sound like a good place to be

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    but the shadow realm is where puppetmasters learn their craft

don't you want to be a puppetmaster

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    I think given the choice

I'd rather be gone than be sent to a place called the shadow realm

that does not sound like a good place to be

I'm sorry Speed but I cannot allow that word to corrupt the youth of today.

• Options
    shadow shadow bo bado

Followed by scary town

• Options
    But I agree that the name 'shadow realm' does sound pretty messed up.

• Options
    BugBoy wrote:
    shadow shadow bo bado

Followed by scary town
    I love that one

This discussion has been closed.