As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

so you think you can DANCE WITH DRAGONS(NO TV, OPEN SPOILERS ON BOOKS 1-4)

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    what the fuck is Jeyne Westerling doing in that trailer

I mean, I heard rumours about that happening, but errrggghhhhhh I really don't want the Red Wedding telegraphed like thaaaattt

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am looking forward so much to people losing their shit en masse when it comes to the Red Wedding

That shit is gonna be hilarious

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Solar wrote:
    I am looking forward so much to people losing their shit en masse when it comes to the Red Wedding

it's going to be a long wait but holy FUCK will it be worth it

actually
    Renly biting it this season will be a huge thing anyway

so that'll tide us over

YaYa on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I actually think that
    Jon going Turncloak
    preferably as the last scene will cause some internet tableflippage.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I forget, is Ygritte in Clash at all? she is, right?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah, but only briefly. Jon operates a catch-and-release policy with sexy redheads 8->

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I forget, is Ygritte in Clash at all? she is, right?

just near the end I assume

They keep hinting that book 3 will probably take up more than one season, though probably not a full 2, which means they'd have room towards the end of this season to move some things around as needed. I'm guessing things won't match up with the book quite so closely as season 1 did.

And Jeyne does exist in book 2, it's just we never actually see her, since Robb's not a PoV character. We really only find out about her after the fact.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Jessica Walter for Olenna Tyrell y/n

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wow, am I glad I've been on media blackout since I saw GoT's finale.

Dat Melisandre.

Can't wait.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Stannis is in the other trailer, I see. Doesn't seem as fearsome as I expected.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    He's not. He's always supposed to be pretty unimpressive and kinda dead looking.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Most of the art I saw always gave me a fearsome impression, like when he talks, people listen.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    Its going to be fun when everyone thinks
    Theon kills Bran and Rickon. I hope they do that as a cliffhanger to an episode, give the people a good week until they find out Theon just kills 2 random boys to fake it.

NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Hey, guys, remember when Ned got his head lopped off?

Yeah, I do too.

Those were good times.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
  • Options
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote:

sometimes

sometimes, they do okay

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Most of the art I saw always gave me a fearsome impression, like when he talks, people listen.

I mean yeah he is a Very Serious Person, but I feel like a big part of his character is that few people like him or take him seriously.

I always thought it was funny during the tail end of Game of Thrones, and throughout Clash of Kings, that whenever someone acknowledged that technically the iron throne is his by rights, the response was always awkward silence followed by someone saying something along the lines of "yeah but fuck that guy."

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Ladai wrote: »

I mean yeah he is a Very Serious Person, but I feel like a big part of his character is that few people like him or take him seriously.

I always thought it was funny during the tail end of Game of Thrones, and throughout Clash of Kings, that whenever someone acknowledged that technically the iron throne is his by rights, the response was always awkward silence followed by someone saying something along the lines of "yeah but fuck that guy."

Yeah, I mean most of our Stannis doses come from the only man in the universe who respects Stannis as much as Stannis thinks everyone should.

Stannis is sort of like that guy who gets mocked for building an air raid shelter in his basement. Yeah, he's totally a crazy kook and a massive pain in the ass 95% of the time... but if the Soviets ever DO invade, you know who's going to be ready for it.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    And also people try not to piss him off because he does have a stockpile of ammo too. (Not quite the same, but he does have leal serjeants etc. and could put up quite a fight before being brought down.)

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    are we gonna need a new thread for season 2 since this one is chock full of spoilers? i think the last thread was locked.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah I was going to say, if you're just a TV watcher, this thread has huge spoilers for books 2-4 all over the place.

• Options
    yeah probably not a bad idea

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    that simpsons opener is brilliant

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    best couch gag in a long while

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Yeah, I do too.

Those were good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular

I agree that he's not quite as imposing as I expected, though that could change.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Just started reading Game of thrones today, not gonna read this thread for spoilers, but damn, I want a DireWolf now.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    edited March 2012

If the responses are absurd like "boycott HBO' or the guy in CD's link then yeah, that should be funny. Though I think most people will just feel really shitty and angry like everyone else who suffered through that scene in the book. Laughing at them would be like kicking your own sick dog.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It is only when we are able to share the pain that the healing can begin.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Shadowen wrote: »
    It is only when we are able to share the pain that the healing can begin.

I don't think I've ever experienced such emotional anguish from a work of fiction than with that scene. Moments from other shows and books, especially The Shield and The Wire, come close. But nothing left as big an imprint in my memory of pure rage and crushing despair than the Red Wedding did.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    thorgot wrote: »
    are we gonna need a new thread for season 2 since this one is chock full of spoilers? i think the last thread was locked.

I put together an OP, I'll post it unless someone else is working on one

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Yeah, I do too.

Those were good times.

They're going to happen again during the Red Wedding.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Ladai wrote: »

Yeah, I mean most of our Stannis doses come from the only man in the universe who respects Stannis as much as Stannis thinks everyone should.

Stannis is sort of like that guy who gets mocked for building an air raid shelter in his basement. Yeah, he's totally a crazy kook and a massive pain in the ass 95% of the time... but if the Soviets ever DO invade, you know who's going to be ready for it.

In a setting like Westeros, that's just common sense.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular

Yeah, I do too.

Those were good times.

They're going to happen again during the Red Wedding.

And when Theon "kills" Bran and Rickon. If they play it right.