As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It could be Google Maps on the iPhone that's going wonky, but the pins show the same address and it only goes from Home Bar to First Bar, not Home-to-First-to-Second-to-Third-to-Home.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    I hope it doesn't change because I am so JAAAZZED to be starting at the Unicorn.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Do we have times for each stop on the routes?

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    No Crescent for Slytherin. :-(

And I know you scouted ahead, but I do hope Linda's is ready and actually prepares for us. I know it's hard to get a drink there by myself on a Thursday, let alone with this crowd.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    It could be Google Maps on the iPhone that's going wonky, but the pins show the same address and it only goes from Home Bar to First Bar, not Home-to-First-to-Second-to-Third-to-Home.

Must be an iPhone thing. Works fine in a browser for me.
    redhalo wrote:
    Do we have times for each stop on the routes?

These are reflected in the schedule for each group in the same spoiler as the roster.
    Sumi wrote:
    I hope it doesn't change because I am so JAAAZZED to be starting at the Unicorn.

The only major change I see happening would be to the ending bar just in case they have an early last call.

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    That would seriously be an early last call.

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Just looked at the challenges. So is there a way for the noobs to earn a patronus button for future challenges?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    CutiePieXOXOCutiePieXOXO Registered User regular
    I never actually GOT a Patronus button last year, but I happened to take a picture of my OWL proving that I finished the challenge. Hopefully my head of house will accept it!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't have my scorecard anymore and I never got a Patronus button (I think the head of house was too drunk to remember to give me one, lawl). Blast!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    I looked through all my buttons from last year and can't find my patronus one either. I *may* have been a little drunk and can't remember if I actually got one, though I do remember the Patron....anyhoo, it's all for fun and charity.

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Luckily I still have my Patronus button from last year but there definately needs to be a "make up" challenge for those who are new to the crawl or just who lost their button since last year.

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    So do I need to do this year's Patronus challenge to get my button? Because this is my first year, so all I can really accomplish are the 5 main challenges. Does this get me an awesome Badger Button?

• Options
    remlap13 wrote:
    So do I need to do this year's Patronus challenge to get my button? Because this is my first year, so all I can really accomplish are the 5 main challenges. Does this get me an awesome Badger Button?

But you can't do the challenge without a button from last year. Its a vicious circle. Got to do the challenge to get the button. Can't do the challenge without the button.

• Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ..So, essentially, because I'm a newbie, I can't get my Hufflepuff button for completing my challenge scorecard? :(

EDIT: I'm a tool. I still get my badger button for making my Child's Play donation. Hah.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    These are challenges are much more sinister than last year. Especially that first one. I think Atlus is trying to thin the heard.

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    Cronus wrote:
    These are challenges are much more sinister than last year. Especially that first one. I think Atlus is trying to thin the heard.

Definitely. I don't mind the first since this is just my second crawl. Mixing the drinks could be fine or absolutely horrible, depending lol.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Cronus wrote:

Yeah, that first one is a ball buster. Being a DE and needing to down 3 dark beers or dark liquors is going to be one hell of a jumping off point.

I think I'm going to reconsider hitting the sauce during the Pre-PAX dinner and instead start the drunkening once we hit Grim's.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Cronus wrote:

Definitely. I don't mind the first since this is just my second crawl. Mixing the drinks could be fine or absolutely horrible, depending lol.

As long as nobody orders a mudslide or a white russian, mixing two mixed drinks usually ends up drinkable.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ugh, can we skip the bombs? I am not a beer man by any stretch of the imagination...

Everything else I'm down with.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Matev wrote:
    Ugh, can we skip the bombs? I am not a beer man by any stretch of the imagination...

Everything else I'm down with.

I'm not a beer person myself. But there reaches a point where I'm drunk enough to drink beer like water. Would be nice if it was to buy a "mixer" that way it could be energy drink or soda or something. But i guess that's why its a challenge?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Neither am I, which is why my opponent and I are going to do apple cider/Goldschalger, whether he or she likes it or not.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Challenge 4: I Must Not Tell Lies

Engage your opponent in a game of wits and put their Occlumency skills to the test as you pry their deepest and darkest secrets from them while protecting yours.

Pair off with a partner from the opposing house. Each of you order a beer or mixed drink. Engage in a game of I Never until both drinks have been consumed. Save any dirt you learn about your opponent for future blackmail. (credit to gal_friday)

Soooo glad I'm not in a house. That game and I never do well together. >.>
    whypick1 wrote:
    Neither am I, which is why my opponent and I are going to do apple cider/Goldschalger, whether he or she likes it or not.

Apple cider and a shot of vodka is also quite awesome.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote:

That sounds delicious. Hope I'm your partner. :D

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote:

Mmm, that I can get behind!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Hey, Ravenclaw DA!

I made a flickr group that we can use after the crawl to share our photos. But until then, I thought it would be a good place to put photos of the items that are being auctioned. If anyone is bringing anything for the auction next week, please post a photo here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1723978@N24/

Also if you have a flickr account, please join so you can share and see any photos of the crawl afterwards!

• Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    Not sure how I didn't notice this before now, Atlus, but the roster says "lemongrenades+2" and I only need myself +1.

• Options
    geniagenia Registered User regular
    Challenge 4: I Must Not Tell Lies

Engage your opponent in a game of wits and put their Occlumency skills to the test as you pry their deepest and darkest secrets from them while protecting yours.

Pair off with a partner from the opposing house. Each of you order a beer or mixed drink. Engage in a game of I Never until both drinks have been consumed. Save any dirt you learn about your opponent for future blackmail. (credit to gal_friday)

Soooo glad I'm not in a house. That game and I never do well together. >.>

I'll be your partner...we can both go down in flames. It will be wonderful.

• Options
    verditsgermanverditsgerman Registered User new member
    It would be nice if us newbies could do the Patronus challenge and get last year's button so that in the future we can have the challenge count. I'll be sad if I am forever locked out of the challenge because I joined the tournament one year too late.

• Options
    ArcheiousArcheious Registered User regular
    I also agree there should be some sort of "Didn't do a patronus last year" challenge.

• Options
    Mr_SnutsMr_Snuts Registered User regular
    Lost my button/card in a move :(

• Options
    Occlumency is hard when you're on the spot. I suggest that students study their spells prior to examination.

• Options
    There are also other more intersting ones which I decided not to post.

• Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote:

Ditto! I LOVE Unicorn! Ravenclaw totally wins round 1 with the best starting/ending bar! :P

TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote:

Ditto! I LOVE Unicorn! Ravenclaw totally wins round 1 with the best starting/ending bar! :P

I am going to be drinking a lot of unicorn jizz.. JUST SAYIN'

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Sumi wrote:

Yeeaaah! I love the Unicorn Jizz. :P And the Plush!

TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
  • Options
    yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    haha err

• Options
    yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    o btw i hope no body orders a cement mixer. that would be a mean thing to do

yabukasigi on
  • Options
    DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    So, I take it the patronus thing is locked out for everyone from here on out? If you didn't get in on the ground floor last year, no patronus business for you ever? That's a little odd. Are there any plans for a pre-patronus challenge (ever) to give latecomers the chance to get in on it?

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Perhaps the "live target" involves those who haven't done it yet. In any event, I'm going to out smug Smugleaf by flaunting my Patronus button all during the crawl.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    Sumi wrote:

tumblr_ledihdavKm1qb6i6bo1_500.jpg

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth