As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Let me take a moment to clear up a lot of misinformation that has been bandied about.

The Patronus Mark II challenge has nothing to do with your house button, which you receive at the beginning of the night, or the button you receive for completing your scorecard. The completion button has nothing to do with the Patronus Mark II challenge just like the Patronus Mark I challenge had nothing to do with the completion of last year's scorecard. Look at the scorecard for this year or last and you will see that there is nothing on it about the Patronus challenges.

The Patronus Mark II challenge exists to reward the diehard wizards who have gone the extra mile not only this year but last year as well. The button for it is printed in very limited quantities and is intended as a limited edition chase button.

In regards to Challenge 4, it is actually the "gimme" challenge of the evening. It only requires you to consume one drink while being social with an opponent. Regardless of how the game plays out you still end up drinking your entire drink.

• Options
    lunacitelunacite Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Of, if you decide to do heels, bring extra shoes--Hells, even slippers would work.

Personally, if anyone comes in themed slippers (i.e. proper house colours, mascots, or just Harry Potter themed in general) I will donate $20 to their house/division. NO MATTER WHAT HOUSE/DIVISION. $30 if it's Slytherin and $50 if it's in DE.

Edit! To be specific, slippers would be house slippers. Like what you would wear at night, Winters, etc.

Slytherin DE slippers, work in progress. And yes, that's the top of a legit dark mark tattoo.
    slippers.jpg

lunacite on
    PAX Tabletop Enforcer
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    lunacite wrote:
    Slytherin DE slippers, work in progress. And yes, that's the top of a legit dark mark tattoo.
    slippers.jpg

Those are Bucky Balls, too!? You are a brave and awesome soul if they are. Still awesome soul if not.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    >_>

<_<

You know, that first challenge just seems like I'll be starting the night off with shots of jager.

• Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Here's a list of auction items I'm bringing for Hufflepuff (bidding starts at the first bar and ends at the last since those are the times the house is together). It's mainly stuff from the last movie which is either HP 7.5 or HP 8 depending upon your POV (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2).

Poster Set (small + large poster)
    Small Poster (slightly dinged)
    SmallPoster.jpg

Large Poster (also slightly dinged, note the backside is actually the same imaged mirrored not blank, so this is essentially one of those movie display posters they put up in those cool frames)
    LargePoster.jpg

T-shirt 1 (front and back)
    FrontShirt01.jpg
    BackShirt01.jpg

T-shirt 2 (front and back)
    FrontShirt02.jpg
    BackShirt02.jpg

Hat (front and back)
    FrontHat.jpg
    BackHat.jpg

Keychain
    Keychain.jpg

I haven't decided if the Hat + keychain will be a set or if they will be separate. Also unsure whether to group the T-shirts or not. Right now let's just say the posters are set and everything else is separate.

(Picasa album for easy viewing of everything)
    https://picasaweb.google.com/103821356712624908057/HufflepuffAuctionItems#

Get ready to bid!

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    RubyLouRubyLou Registered User new member
    lunacite wrote:
    slippers.jpg

Those are Bucky Balls, too!? You are a brave and awesome soul if they are. Still awesome soul if not.

They are Mardi Gras beads that have been cut and hot glued to slippers haha But bucky balls would have been pretty awesome too... though a tad precarious to say the least. I expect applause when you see the finished product because these slipperins (yeah, I said it) are supremely bitchin.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    RubyLou wrote:
    lunacite wrote:
    slippers.jpg

They are Mardi Gras beads that have been cut and hot glued to slippers haha But bucky balls would have been pretty awesome too... though a tad precarious to say the least. I expect applause when you see the finished product because these slipperins (yeah, I said it) are supremely bitchin.

Don't worry. You will hear me squee with delight!

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Not sure how I didn't notice this before now, Atlus, but the roster says "lemongrenades+2" and I only need myself +1.
    HELL YES!
    +2 for Gryffindor in Dumbledore's Army

That's why. :P

• Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    Not sure how I didn't notice this before now, Atlus, but the roster says "lemongrenades+2" and I only need myself +1.
    HELL YES!
    +2 for Gryffindor in Dumbledore's Army

That's why. :P

Man, I can't count.
    I guess I need to go back to Hogwarts.

• Options
    ricksebringricksebring Registered User regular
    Can i get that extra spot? :)

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Question, is shots the song for both halves of gryffindor? if not, who got it in the divorce? This is very important to me as a second year gryffindor.

EDIT: ps, im someones +1 in gryffindor:DE before someone else says anything about me not being on a team.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    thairianthairian Registered User regular
    It looks like my +1 is bailing on us poor Hufflepuffs D:

I'm a Hufflepuff!
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    One last reminder to all my fellow Ravenclaw Death Eaters! Be sure to follow us on Twitter (@RavenclawDE)! We'll be tweeting during the crawl to keep everyone informed of when we're changing bars, what challenges are coming up, when auctions are happening, etc.!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Thairian: Well if you're +1 can't make it, I'd sure like a chance to join

!Hufflepuff and Dumbledore's Army!

EDIT: for bolding and readability.

MagnifiedX on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    SHOT GLASSES~!
    8dbuH.jpg

• Options
    DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    Block question from PAXtrain riders- and anyone else arriving late I suppose- as long as we're following the twitter accounts and can actually track down our classes, there won't be a sign-in issue, will there? Or should we PM our Heads Boys etc. and let them know?

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    SHOT GLASSES~!
    8dbuH.jpg

waaaaaant

• Options
    IRLJasmineIRLJasmine Registered User new member
    please do not just show up if you are not signed up.

FFFFFFUUUUUUU. Should have signed up even though I thought I couldn't make it.

Everyone best be taking SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS in my absence.

Twitter is serious business.
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dhutch wrote:
    Block question from PAXtrain riders- and anyone else arriving late I suppose- as long as we're following the twitter accounts and can actually track down our classes, there won't be a sign-in issue, will there? Or should we PM our Heads Boys etc. and let them know?

I am not sure which house you are in but I am assuming it's fine. Just make sure you track down a head to grab your scorecard and button (and don't forget to make a donation!) Also, these TWDT seats are apparently a hot comodity, so if you've got one, make sure you show up! It would also be useful to have a printed schedule and map, in case there are techinical difficulties with twitter that evening.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    IRLJasmine wrote:
    please do not just show up if you are not signed up.

FFFFFFUUUUUUU. Should have signed up even though I thought I couldn't make it.

Everyone best be taking SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS in my absence.

I wouldn't worry about the shots business.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    PucSpifoPucSpifo Registered User regular
    Hmm...well I'm way late for this, but I want in if there are any openings that come up.

signature.png
  • Options
    So, my darling True Death-Eaters (of the Slytherin kind), your ever-faithful and always awesome House-Elf can be identified by the following:

Elf-Earred headband
    Belt made of socks
    Frog sock pinned to chest
    White sock tail
    Green pixie wings

If you find another house-elf in the midst, they are NOT me, but the other sneaky elves trying to convince you to donate to another house/sector.

Fear not! I will beat them down with my Slytherin scarf so they will run away empty-handed!*

Just remember, Slytherin Death-Eaters--The Dark Lord always knows.

See you all in less than four days!

* = Okay, maybe not beat them down, but just scold at them.

• Options
    FloruFloru Registered User new member
    Any room for someone who found-out about this at the last-minute?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The first post says all houses are full, so no.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Are any other Hufflepuffs (or anybody from the other houses, for that matter) gonna be walking back to the Belltown neighborhood after the crawl? I ain't no wimp, but I'm reading that the area can get a bit seedy once the sun goes down and I believe in safety in numbers. I would prefer someone who knows karate. Or at least someone who is not as fast a runner as I am, giving the robber/stabber/monster a target as I book it the hell out of there.

Thanks! And I'll see you all very soon.

• Options
    Uhm. To be honest, I think the "shady" folks would be afraid of drunk wizards/witches. I could be wrong.

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    What's better than a Ravenclaw T-shirt?
    IMG_1615-1.jpg
    A Ravenclaw T-shirt with boobs in it. Also, chips apparently.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    Your Head of House for Slytherin: Dumbledore's Army
    IMG_20110822_220621.jpg

• Options
    Uhm. To be honest, I think the "shady" folks would be afraid of drunk wizards/witches. I could be wrong.

I am not actually a wizard, you see. So the "shady" folk will have no reason to fear me.

• Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Sumi wrote:
    What's better than a Ravenclaw T-shirt?
    IMG_1615-1.jpg
    A Ravenclaw T-shirt with boobs in it. Also, chips apparently.

A Gryffindor shirt with boobs in it, and some onion dip to go with those chips!

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular

Just don't look like you have anything worth stealing. Belltown technically has the highest crime rate in Seattle, but it's almost all theft. Tourists get told it has trendy bars, and then they get mugged. But seriously, even then it's not too bad. Seattle is a pretty safe city. I just might hide my smartphone and 3DS is all. If it was super bad people would stop going there, instead of building more trendy bars.

• Options
    Saxicide wrote:

Just don't look like you have anything worth stealing. Belltown technically has the highest crime rate in Seattle, but it's almost all theft. Tourists get told it has trendy bars, and then they get mugged. But seriously, even then it's not too bad. Seattle is a pretty safe city. I just might hide my smartphone and 3DS is all. If it was super bad people would stop going there, instead of building more trendy bars.

There ya go. I'm just used to the San Francisco kind so it really doesn't phase me. I look like the poor college student on a normal basis...which I am.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Standard stuff, travel in groups and don't flash expensive stuff everywhere.

I find also muttering to yourself helps.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PythosPythos Registered User regular
    Atlus, subtract one from me. Down to Pythos +1 for Hufflepuff DA.

PinnyPal Lanyard

azNQyjX.png

XBLA: Pythos07
  • Options
    Matev wrote:
    Standard stuff, travel in groups...

Yeah, that's why I asked in the first place.

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Your Head of House for Slytherin: Dumbledore's Army
    IMG_20110822_220621.jpg

Evil has never looked so good. Seriously, thats a nice getup.

• Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pythos wrote:
    Atlus, subtract one from me. Down to Pythos +1 for Hufflepuff DA.

I'll fill the Hufflepuff DA slot.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Crap, after searching through all my minutiae from last Prime, I can't find my Patronus button anywhere.

I did however find my completed OWL scorecard, anychance that could be used as a substitue for the Patronus Mk. II challenge?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    [Deleted]

Aylaviere on
    East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Did I miss the chance at the Hufflepuff TShirt?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera