As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Webcomics Timetable

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    with this drill

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    Oh, well I kind of liked the one about the... robot maid too. Ugh. I'm going to anime hell. Edit: Hand Maid May, that's it.

The one? There's just one of them about a robot maid?

Actually, I was thinking of Mahoromatic.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The best amine with giant fighting robots is Big O

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I also like that anime about the high school guy who is kind of shy, but also hot-blooded and really energetic, but all these girls just kind of flock to him. There's a big boobed one, a small flat-chested one, a tomboy, a female childhood friend, and also a male best friend.

what was it called...........

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    The best amine with giant fighting robots is Big O

Still sad that Adult Swim said "Nah." to funding the third season of that.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

Oh the evil Megas is Char, isn't it. Never noticed.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    rfilyaw wrote:
    I also like that anime about the high school guy who is kind of shy, but also hot-blooded and really energetic, but all these girls just kind of flock to him. There's a big boobed one, a small flat-chested one, a tomboy, a female childhood friend, and also a male best friend.

Combustible Campus Guardress. A true classic.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:

i hope this is intentional

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    rfilyaw wrote:

You know, they all wear school uniforms (the girls skirts are short). There's the episode about the Bon festival (the heroine dressed in a yukata and the guy is like O_O), and the one where they do the test of courage (with hilarious consequences.) Then there's the one with the school festival where they did a haunted house or cafe, I forget which.

You know

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Can we just all agree that anime is awful and then cuddle while we watch River Cottage with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall?

• Options
    also like half of them have dead parents

because parents just die all the time before you turn 18

• Options
    IxNXw.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Fyndir wrote:
    Can we just all agree that anime is awful and then cuddle while we watch River Cottage with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall?

Pffft. British tv.

JayKaos on
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote:
    Pffft. British tv.

Or, to put it another way, Best TV.

• Options
    Listen. Doctor Who is good, Spaced is good, and that's pretty much all of the british TV I've seen, so clearly they are the only good ones and everything else is terrible.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr Bean is the only good British show

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    Raneados wrote:
    rfilyaw wrote:

You know, they all wear school uniforms (the girls skirts are short). There's the episode about the Bon festival (the heroine dressed in a yukata and the guy is like O_O), and the one where they do the test of courage (with hilarious consequences.) Then there's the one with the school festival where they did a haunted house or cafe, I forget which.

You know

see the first post made me think you were being purposefully generic, because basically like 80% of animes are like that

and now

you seem to be describing an actual thing

ronnie :|

• Options
    noooo

• Options
    Raneados wrote:
    rfilyaw wrote:
    Raneados wrote:
    rfilyaw wrote:

You know

see the first post made me think you were being purposefully generic, because basically like 80% of animes are like that

and now

you seem to be describing an actual thing

ronnie :|

Haha nah. I'm just messing. Seriously, I've seen like 10 different shows that follow that exact formula, or one very very close to it.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I really like red dwarf

• Options

If I ever did a comic I didn't give a crap about, I'd monetize it dry. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't care that much about PvP anymore other than the fact that its his livelihood.

• Options
    ooh i wonder if Red dwarf is on netflix

• Options
    Yeah rane all the very specific sounding stuff is still completely generic. Seriously, pretty much every slice of life anime fits within that format- maybe not the character part but definitely the high-school life part. I guess every japanese high school student goes through the exact same fucking things.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Raneados wrote:

it sure is

instant watch and everything

• Options
    this is a terrible idea

Seriously, I didn't even notice it in the latest strip until I read the associated blog / news post thing, I dunno, maybe I'm just dumb.
    JayKaos wrote:
    Listen. Doctor Who is good, Spaced is good, and that's pretty much all of the british TV I've seen, so clearly they are the only good ones and everything else is terrible.

Gonna tie you to a chair and pour good things into your eye holes until you realise the error of your ways.

• Options
    I liked the Bartender anime. Didn't see very much of it, but it managed to not include any kids or college students as protagonists.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote:
    JayKaos wrote:

Gonna tie you to a chair and pour good things into your eye holes until you realise the error of your ways.

Well not right now, I'm busy watching a space anime with giant robots where half the crew is cute high school girls.

Kinda wish I was joking.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    only half?

that's pretty tame for anime

• Options
    panchira or panmoro?

THIS IS PERTINENT INFORMATION

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    this thread

it has lived too long

it is stretching into an unnatural long life, stretched and thin

like...butter...over too much bread

Langly on
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote:
    Well not right now, I'm busy watching a space anime with giant robots where half the crew is cute high school girls.

Kinda wish I was joking.

Vomit.gif

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I like giant gundam type robots. There I said it. Yeah I even put together a few models back in junior high, wanna fight about it?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    rfilyaw wrote:
    panchira or panmoro?

THIS IS PERTINENT INFORMATION

I don't know what this means so I guess I am not a total loss yet. Need to work harder.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    a fair chunk of red dwarf is on youtube as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HFGh_Nqn68&feature=related

same with jeeves & wooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvddpX1uYA

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Raneados wrote:

it sure is

instant watch and everything

damnit I do not have the time to just sit and watch all of red dwarf back to back

and yet

• Options
    Belruel wrote:
    I like giant gundam type robots. There I said it. Yeah I even put together a few models back in junior high, wanna fight about it?

:D

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Belruel wrote:

There are episodes about building gundam models in Genshiken. It's funny how serious a connotation it carries and how sympathetic you feel towards the effort they put into them.

Genshiken_vol1_cover.jpg

(I recommend it [the anime, I've never read the manga], though I think the few risque parts were hamfisted and pandering.)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I've only put together a couple of non-anime plastic models. I know one of them was a TIE Interceptor, and I think the other was one of these:

Jw2XW.jpg

Whoops, no, that was just one that I wanted. The one I actually built was an SR-71 instead, can't find a picture of that box offhand.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.