As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Man, Teucrian called it amazingly. I still can't go back and see how he made these conclusions.
    Re: Day 5
    « Reply #10 on Jul 20, 2011, 11:20am »
    Taya and Langly are specials associated with WH. Book it.

Re: Day 5
    « Reply #11 on Jul 20, 2011, 11:22am »
    And I guess Locus is the vig who didn't kill yesterday. So we're in good shape.

Taya was the vig and Locus the seer, but still. Damn nice.

Argh! I purposefully did not vote that day so the mafia wouldn't suspect me of being a special.

Also my seer target before I died was Nirya, so I was 3/5 in picking out badguys!

In other news, well-done village, and well-done Wandering Hero! I picked a good person to form a network of two with.

And thanks to lonelyahava! It was a fun game and, as expected, the narrations were top notch.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    This is why you should forget what you think you know about my how I generally post.

Also facetious you weren't that bad, but you did make it easy for the mafia to pour suspicion on you and others, i wouldn't say you endangered the game prior to the last day though. Well done WH, i think. Also that mafia did pretty well to be honest. I think this was a hard game for them.

• Options
    Also, since WH and I did not have proboards, here's a copy of our PMs back and forth:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sdfBh3bkGdHrm8plOSneRlZ1vZ9uHjkm9qIk6Pd6sS4/edit?hl=en_US

Two things about the PMs:

1. There's a super passive-aggressive response to taya's post (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/19872551#Comment_19872551) in the PM chain. My only excuse is that I was frustrated from the game not going so well at that point, and that I am really stressed out from bar exam studying. I apologize!

2. The conversation feature is a great way to coordinate with multiple people, but you have to be really careful. When lonelyahava was added to the conversation between WH and me, she accidentally kinda sorta confirmed that I was a special of some kind. I didn't think WH noticed (and you can tell that he still had his doubts about me on the day he came forward to the village), so I didn't say anything and I don't think it affected the game at all. It's just something future game hosts should keep in mind.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Locus on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Locus wrote:
    1. There's a super passive-aggressive response to taya's post (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/19872551#Comment_19872551) in the PM chain. My only excuse is that I was frustrated from the game not going so well at that point, and that I am really stressed out from bar exam studying. I apologize!
    I was really frustrated because I wanted to network with a seer. A vig without a seer is just a regular villager with a knife, and that's dangerous. Plus, at that point I wasn't sure Wandering Hero was even telling the truth.

I actually tried to drop a hint or two that I was Will Scarlet early in the game but it was too subtle and nobody picked up on it.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Locus wrote:
    2. The conversation feature is a great way to coordinate with multiple people, but you have to be really careful. When lonelyahava was added to the conversation between WH and me, she accidentally kinda sorta confirmed that I was a special of some kind. I didn't think WH noticed (and you can tell that he still had his doubts about me on the day he came forward to the village), so I didn't say anything and I don't think it affected the game at all. It's just something future game hosts should keep in mind.

Yeah, this new "add to conversation" feature might require an additional rule to be added to the start of phallas to prevent you from being able to confirm something was said by someone simply by just adding them to the convo.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Well done, village! I thought we had this game after the first couple days, but then you turned it around.

I didn't do so hot finding specials this game. I was convinced I had found the vigs after Mr.B's death, especially with Roman's posts when he was getting voted out, but clearly I was wrong.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I voted for Peccavi and then Peccavi died by vigilante.

Then I voted for INANTP and INANTP died by vigilante.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It seems like I did pretty well staying off the mafia radar. I didn't see any Virgil=Robin Hood? posts
    I just needed to do a tiny bit better staying off of the village radar.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Taya wrote:
    Locus wrote:
    I was really frustrated because I wanted to network with a seer. A vig without a seer is just a regular villager with a knife, and that's dangerous. Plus, at that point I wasn't sure Wandering Hero was even telling the truth.

I actually tried to drop a hint or two that I was Will Scarlet early in the game but it was too subtle and nobody picked up on it.

Hey, I understand! We were both frustrated, though for different reasons.

I'll make you a deal. Next time I'm the seer I will target you first.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow, I can not believe we won

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    So yeah, who day 1'd me and why?

Was it brass phalla? Was I that devious?

Little John played an important role...maybe not. Pro work facetious.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Wow, good job village. Very nice rally there at the end. It was a shame I couldn't stay alive longer, apparently the mafia thought I was a vig?

Thanks for running it ahava, good game!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Hot damn, suspicions turning out to be right is nice! Good game guys :D

Time to read me some proboards!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    REG Rysk wrote:

Me, yes and yes. It was your day 1 roleblock that got me killed in that game.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Good game ahava, thanks for running! :)

I had fun with my little gambit there, but Taya earned herself a grudge vote for not contacting me and therefore messing up the whole plan. grrrr (:P)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Spoit! You're off the hook for killing me for the magic box! Anonymous, you're up <3

• Options
    Interesting read there. Playing vanillager is always weird, somewhere between not overly caring to just going over the top in posting is what I shoot for :P

Steam
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I was honestly gone a good majority of the time, which I guess helped me avoid suspicion early on, but really didn't help me the later it got. Oh well.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I take pride in being the player to roleplay the longest.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote:

Me, yes and yes. It was your day 1 roleblock that got me killed in that game.

It was you being an SK that made me look legit.

Grudge kill accepted sir.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm a bit peeved that I died the day before things got interesting, particularly because The Anonymous didn't change the kill orders in time. I'm still really surprised they thought I was a special, when I was talking that much. Putting a vote on a guy who no one else suspects because I think they're mafia is pretty much all I did in the last SE++ phalla.

(It got me killed there too because I kept guessing right while the village followed the same bad leads)

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I apologize to everyone in the village for my antics, I thought they would be helpful at first. And once I started I could not help myself. I actually managed to talk vigil out of viging me, don't know if that was such a good idea given what happened later...

Also thank you for running the game lonelyahava!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    In hindsight we probably should've left Infidel alone for another day or two. He hadn't really done anything at the point when we killed him, so it was probably a lame thing to do.
    He would have died anyway to Blarney's revenge kill too

Blarney with a revenge kill just means he'll put me as the order for all time day 1. :D

It is not surprising.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting Ahava!

Nice job as network head WH. But I don't know why you believed we'd kill you. Our need to kill specials at that moment was dire, so you were very safe for a while. The only real mistake you made was revealing your seering results too early in the day, which limited the pool of candidates for the seer. Then when I was obviously bogus, you could have just said I was obviously bogus and left it at that. It's not like I was going to actually convince people long term. Instead, you revealed potentially critical information about Robin Hood.

Most importantly, you did a great job of ferreting out the remainder of the mafia without a seer. Much props for that. I did a really bad job of covering for them while I was still alive so its partly my fault. But I don't understand why Locus suspected me, other than I made some comments about his avatar.

• Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    facetious wrote:
    I'm just relieved I managed to not fuck it up at the end.

Heh

Even though I tried last night. >_>

I'm still so sorry about that. Oh my god I would have felt awful if that lost us the game.

And I would've been grudged forever. Still, it was worth a shot.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Also, it kinda defeats the purpose if someone knows they're a miller. Usually it's just a really unpleasant surprise when you die, from what I've seen.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Locus really was the hero of that. He picked some mafia that I had no suspicions of.

I also like that the last PM between us before he died was "Alright, I am going to contact Kime"

Not today.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Locus really was the hero of that. He picked some mafia that I had no suspicions of.

I also like that the last PM between us before he died was "Alright, I am going to contact Kime"

Not the first time those have been the last words of players.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WH, why did you think I was village? I mean you were right and all, was I seered or?

Steam
  • Options

True story:

I woke up early the morning after I died, saw kime's posts claiming to be a mafia, saw that I had died, and didn't bother to keep reading.

It was only two days later that I went back to the thread and saw that kime hadn't screwed me over.

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote:
    WH, why did you think I was village? I mean you were right and all, was I seered or?

I didn't. I thought the last two mafia were you and KingMole. Since I had already been in contact with KingMole, Void Slayer, and Facetious I knew Void and Facet were village, Matev was confirmed, KingMole was mafia.

When it was revealed that only one mafia was left, KingMole trumped my suspicions on you.

Not today.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It seems like I did pretty well staying off the mafia radar. I didn't see any Virgil=Robin Hood? posts
    If you, or anyone else, would like more practice with that, sign up for the newbie mini, complete with helpful mentoring! :mrgreen:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    But yeah, way to go Locus! I don't know why I thought Taya was the vig getting the kills. Other than, you know. I'm dumb.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    In hindsight we probably should've left Infidel alone for another day or two. He hadn't really done anything at the point when we killed him, so it was probably a lame thing to do.
    He would have died anyway to Blarney's revenge kill too

Blarney with a revenge kill just means he'll put me as the order for all time day 1. :D

It is not surprising.

Actually, his original pick was Peccavi. And that was to be his standing order until end of time.

And then he changed it to you on the night he got killed.

There was a bit of a NOOOOOOOOOO moment on this end.

And then I giggled.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Infidel wrote:

It is not surprising.

As lonelyahava says, I actually had my order on Peccavi on Day 1, switching over to you towards the end of Day 2. I thought you were up to no good with your low posting...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I was up to no good.

You didn't even let me get around to posting a list! That was gonna be day 3 whether anyone called me out or not.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    If you, or anyone else, would like more practice with that, sign up for the newbie mini, complete with helpful mentoring! :mrgreen:

Your helpful mentors includes a dude who's cool with personal attacks.
    I'd prefer to not risk dealing with more of that, especially since I'm pretty content with most of my unpopular thoughts on the game.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Dealing with personal attacks is a necessary skill, as it is in the core arena of argument.

To dismiss it or avoid engaging in debate instead of facing it is Letting the Terrorists Win, or something.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Who was making personal attacks?

steam_sig.png