As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The woods were quiet.

It seemed as though the entire world held its breath, waiting for what was to happen next. The caravan of the Lord next Door was passing through the Wood and everybody in the area knew, they just knew, that something, something was about to happen. It had to. The woods had been abuzz with preparations for some show of whatever. There had been the clang of swinging hammers, the whoosh of arrows and other dramatic sounds.

But that had all quieted down now, now that the caravan was on its way. There was no movement, even the birds who usually were awake and noisy this early in the morning were waiting, silent and anticipating. The caravan crept closer, its golden chariot flashing from the rising sun, and the clank of armor echoing off the trees. And then, within moments, the long train of wealth and property were winding through the Wood. A beat.

Two beats.

And three.

The constant drum of armoured feet pounding the soft earth beneath the bodies of might. And then, through the otherworldly silence, the call of a hawk, a bird’s cry from up into the trees. The woodsmen and those hiding nearby to watch knew that no hawk would make a cry like that from the height of the trees, but the Normans with the gold and glitter and technology knew no difference.
    And with a flurry of leaves and the crash of trees the way was blocked for this procession. In their path there stood a band of merry men, and one rather unusual looking... female? But in their center stood a man tall and valiant, his hat fit perfectly and it had a rather long feather in it, but surely he was not making up for anything with that, simply showing off.

The man with the feathered cap and the lead man of the procession glared at one another for a while, the bedecked one glaring up, ever upwards and the leader looking down to the dirt. “You Saxons are nothing but trouble. Out of the way, this is no business of yours.”

“But lo, i doth believe that it mutht be!” Spoke the man with the feathered cap. “Thou art within my wood, and upon my land, and I do not recall granting thee permission to do so! Off with ye, and there shalt be no bloodshed!”
    “Foul creature!” roared the man on the horse, “Do you not know the proper use of your tongue! For the impudence of impeding our path you should die but once, but for the profanity and base use of our language you should die a dozen times! This land does not belong to you, Saxon. It belongs to the King! And to his Brother! And to all those who conquered you! Stand Aside little Rooster or I will see to it that you crow from the gallows!”

“Tsk tsk tsk. Thou dost not recognize the language of the land that thee hast abused and changed and made claim to it as they very own. But thou art the one with the large horse, so I do suppose that I should mark thy words and remove mineself from thy path. But know this, My Lord. The Saxon will not be held down for long. Thou shalt feel the might of the people rise up against thee and then, there shalt be blood spilt upon thy hands. And thy head. And perhaps other places as well.”

“Dare to threaten me, you cockerel! Foolish peasant! There is nothing that you Saxons can bring that will not be crushed with the might of a thousand hammers! Come at me, boy, and you will learn what the pain of might can do to those so far below. Step aside. “

And so the Saxons moved aside, allowing the caravan of wealth and goods to pass, the Lord glaring out from his carriage at the great unwashed mass around him. Although they were fairly clean to be honest, they had all bathed just this morning for this purpose. The Saxon group of Robin Hood were agreeable at this time to let the Norman Host go. They had other plans set in motion for the Prince and his followers. The strength of many can overcome the might of a few.

Well, the Saxons were happy to let the Norman Host through, all except for one. The strange female that had been hanging to the side, her hair a bright yellow, her skin an pale white, and her teeth far too large for her mouth. She howled with an angered fury at the thought of the prize slipping through her hands and she leapt towards the lead man with all her fury, her teeth bared, nails reaching for his throat.

And she was unceremoniously stabbed on a pike, tossed to the ground as the soldiers moved past, and left to die of the wounds to her abdomen. As the caravan passed the Saxons gathered around and shook their head. They lifted her now limp body and carried her off to be buried, the man with the feather in his cap shaking his head the whole way through. “Stupid Rosario, you never did know when to keep your mouth shut.”

The Dead

B:L-Rosario the Saxon
    Game On

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    B:L! Noooooo!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    Have no fear, Baldric is here with a cunning plan

Damn, I should have taken Edmund as a name!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Brave Rosario, never evil. Rest in peace. We shall avenge you!

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Locus wrote:

Locus I'd be much more like to believe you Saxon if your avatar didn't clearly celebrate the victory of those vile Normans.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Teucrian wrote:
    Locus wrote:

Locus I'd be much more like to believe you Saxon if your avatar didn't clearly celebrate the victory of those vile Normans.

I will be 100% honest I cannot tell the difference between the Saxons and the Normans in the Bayeux Tapestry though I am aware that Harold is dying just to the right of my avatar guy.

Maybe I will try to find a guy who is clearly a Saxon.

Locus on
  • Options
    It's pretty standard in Medieval art of all kinds for all dudes to look the same.

The tapestry may not be the best source for pro-saxon art in any case.

• Options
    Wait: let me Ultima that up a little:

In truth, dear friend, all men are equals in the eyes of god and medieval artisans. When we stand before the Lord we do not differ: why should we do so when placed on paper or cloth. So even vile Normans appear as Saxons in representation.

But, wherefore would you use the work of the devil Mathilde herself to prove your worth?

• Options
    Forsooth I knew not what my hands had wrought! I beg forgiveness in the eyes of God and men!

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Locus wrote:
    Forsooth I knew not what my hands had wrought! I beg forgiveness in the eyes of God and men!

Would this be a confession of your sins, Locus?

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    You all be Norman swine! At least I was only called useless by the fair maiden running this "game" we find our poor souls in.
    To the Devil with this 11th century forum! 'Tis like my marm's dial-up!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    O, lovely it would be to feast up on swine instead of this tasteless tree root soup...

• Options
    Wildcat wrote:
    Name? Job? Bye!
    Now this 'tis role-playing...

I come not to praise B:L but to bury him. He was oft a shadow on our fair lands of Loxley. Doubtless, he made many a goodman uneasy by his mere presence. RIP, B:L. I'll drink wi ya in hell...

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    stever777 wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:
    Name? Job? Bye!
    Now this 'tis role-playing...

I come not to praise B:L but to bury him. He was oft a shadow on our fair lands of Loxley. Doubtless, he made many a goodman uneasy by his mere presence. RIP, B:L. I'll drink wi ya in hell...

Who is this B:L you speak of? I've not heard of such a man before.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Locus wrote:
    Teucrian wrote:
    Locus wrote:

I will be 100% honest I cannot tell the difference between the Saxons and the Normans in the Bayeux Tapestry though I am aware that Harold is dying just to the right of my avatar guy.

Maybe I will try to find a guy who is clearly a Saxon.

Go forth Locus and bring us a Tapestry of the ages! One that speaks of our Saxon heritage, one whose very fabric will drive our Norman enemies mad with envy. It will be glorious!

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Are we to point blame at someone tonight, or do we have another day to think?

Although I do believe !SLyM deserves my scorn. He has betrayed my trust once before and I'm certain that he cannot be trusted.

• Options
    Ah! Here, by my research* is a true Saxon warrior!
    *Google

• Options
    Ye olde magick box shall hopefully be shortly back online

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    I am just a simple businessman.

• Options
    This "Google" sounds like the most terrible kind of witchcraft.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You have the entire nother day. Like, tomorrow night. 7pm for me, midnight for pacific coast tomorrow night. Please don't ask me to do the conversions....

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    !Zandricon is verily Norman swine!

Alas, I am finding my poor hands clumsy at illuminating this manuscript!
    I had to quote Taya to figure out how to make it red and Locus to find out how to make a spoiler.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Poor poor Rosario. She wasn't the prettiest, but a woman's a woman I s'pose.

Ah well, I cast my bones and they come up Romanqwerty the Frederick, clearly a Norman in disguise!

• Options
    Who is this B:L you speak of? I've not heard of such a man before.

Well, Rosario was the other name he was known as. Locus spoke of B L as well. The name is some sort of devil's work, as it shows as an "emoticon". What that may be, no one can tell...

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Captain Planet! How are you, my olde friend?

• Options
    Before the dark of night takes us over, I place my vote, for now, on !38thDoe, Ace.
    He knows what evil he hath wrought.

• Options
    OOC - BTW, I notice posts are no longer numbered. Should make any Phalla more difficult.

• Options
    Daniant is trying to use her womanly charms against the good captain! It shall not work!

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Caedmon, our last encounter didst fail to convince me of your Saxon blood.

JaysonFour

• Options
    Also, ye olde magick box has been updated yet again! Fabulous new features!
    If you mark players as village/mafia/whatever on the players page, it will colour the vote counts for you, like so: http://wulf.dnsalias.org:8000/phalla/phalla_specific.php?action=votes&phalla=21&start=-1&end=
    Dead players are shown in italics

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Enjoying a couple days in Kansas city so... spoit

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    kuhlmeye wrote:

Does anyone enjoy KC?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I do say without a piece of paper attached to a tree (perhaps with an arrow(?)) tallying how many times people raise their voice, there isn't much incentive for them to speak at all. Curse this witchcraft that removes pieces of paper from trees.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    stever777 wrote:
    kuhlmeye wrote:

Does anyone enjoy KC?

Yes. At least power and light district is fun.

Also, I nailed the bbcode on my phone. Booyah

E: the mobile version of the forums is nicer than the normal version. Odd

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    Also, ye olde magick box has been updated yet again! Fabulous new features!
    If you mark players as village/mafia/whatever on the players page, it will colour the vote counts for you, like so: http://wulf.dnsalias.org:8000/phalla/phalla_specific.php?action=votes&phalla=21&start=-1&end=
    Dead players are shown in italics

This is sweet! I <3 Phyphor. You will never be mafia in my eyes!

• Options
    Aww. Dani didn't vote for me. :-(

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    Have no fear, Baldric is here with a cunning plan

YES YES YES YES YES YES.
    “Do you not know the proper use of your tongue!

;-)
    Peccavi wrote:
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Okay this just made me laugh REALLY hard.

ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY. Ahem.

I hath no patience for these scoundrels; why, o' why, Lord, hast thou accorded them safe passage betwixt forest and field that they may strike at the very heart of our blesséd land? Thine glory be told, but mine is the heart that hast grown unsettled.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, this is the first time I've actually had a chance to do a proper grudge vote.
    !REG Rysk], I've had enough of your ringleadership! :P

Please don't kill me. (again.)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Whoops, apparently the code doesn't accept the British (ahem, proper) spelling of 'colour'.

!REG Rysk

Real strong, facetious.