As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Loxley- Game Over! Village Victory!

• Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Daius wrote:
    What year is it again?

I assume sometime relatively around here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England

What is this "Wikipedia"

Sounds like a Norman thing to me.

You're also over a 100 years off, and this lack of basic reading comprehension will not stand !Wandering Hero

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    I hath scoured the village, learnt the names of all thee noble saxons and viile normans, lacking suspicions against any of our marry folk, I dislike the name. Wynbeorht, So i vote we clad with coiled rope dear Turkson along with his dastardly name.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Nirya wrote:
    !SlyM, you totally started that bandwagon on me last game, you jerk.

You mean the one where we didn't realize that killing each other wasn't in our win conditions until the day after you died?

That was a funny one.

That made me cry when I went back on the last day and saw that.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !Daius

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Only a norman could smell, Baidol.

Fool, I will not have my name besmirched by a traitor such as you, INANTP.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I need to make a post to see what timezone the forums think I am in so I can see what 24 hours from the "vote closes in 24 hours" is.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    So 3 in the morn'.

I guess I could have just looked at the OP, like a NORMAN CHUMP!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Even post times are strange in this new format.

Anyone know how to keep showing them, for longer than 24hours ago?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No idea, but you can hover your mouse to get the full date/time

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alternatively, Jobastion made a Greasemonkey script to make them show in full at all times, as well as note the post number. Thanks to him, to allow me to continue spreadsheeting with ease. Here's a vote count.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 210)

Vote Count:
    Zandracon - 3 votes

38thDoe - 2 votes
    Daius - 2 votes
    romanqwerty - 2 votes
    SLyM - 2 votes
    stever777 - 2 votes
    warban - 2 votes

Baidol - 1 vote
    CaptainPlanet82 - 1 vote
    DasUberEdward - 1 vote
    I needed a name to post. - 1 vote
    Jason Todd - 1 vote
    JaysonFour - 1 vote
    Locus - 1 vote
    Malkor - 1 vote
    Phyphor - 1 vote
    REG Rysk - 1 vote
    The Anonymous - 1 vote
    Turkson - 1 vote
    Virgil_Leads_You - 1 vote
    Wandering Hero - 1 vote

11 players remaining to vote.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Noble Saxon and dark Norman... a setting for a fine tale to be passed down to our growing broods and heirs. But twill it be a tale of gallantry, as the invading Normans fall to Saxon arrow and sword, or will it be an epic poem of betrayal that none hast seen since the fall of Caesar, so many ages ago?

Nottingshire shall be the backdrop for an event that may herald the future direction of our own merry olde England.

But twill be a long and glorious struggle, one that mayhap put any epic ever written by the skalds of the vikings to become nothing more than legends of old, destined to be regarded as silly stories and the inspiration for some young, brash and foolish youth to waste away pursuing what doth not exist.

As for myself, I shall feel content to rest my weary bones at yon local inn and entertain with my stories.

Wench! Where is my ground meat and milk-curd sandwich? That scoundrel Baidol seems to have made off with what slop your cook assumes is food for the kitchen but should go to his hogs!

(Okay, not my best work, but I haven't played an Ultima game or its ilk for a decade, so I'm going off an old book I used in my myths and rituals class in the spring semester...)

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I've been in the fields all day working under our Norman masters, and guess who I saw whipping children who did not pick fast enough?

Warban that's who, shouting absurd roles for them to play from his twisted "dramatics."

I think he has imported them from across the channel, and should be sent right back!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    Alas, I have had much ale at the tavern this night. In the days to come, I will abstain in order to better serve our cause.

For now, I can only mock !JaysonFour, who cannot even spell our shared name properly.

filefile.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Right now I'm putting my money on !Daius

Oh yeah, uh, forsooth, uh, hark and stuff.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Fellows! Speak thine will! So many have yet to cast thou stone; assuredly, we must all work together to stop this Norman plague!

Or are thee simply Normans wishing nothing so much as to blend into the background, hidden amidst field and fallow?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Somebody lead me to a text on ye olde internet that will help me speak'th properly.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Locus wrote:
    The Anonymous!

I do not take challenges lightly!

'Twas not a challenge, my friend.

Though if it were, you ought to have accepted it!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hrm, no enemy doth present themselves. I say Daniant should face the headsman, as she is ever been a danger to our peoples.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I be wary of this mass of accusations, that too many merry men may be caught in our net; oughtn't we to stake our claim on one man alone, to see if he hast good intentions or ill? Hath we any better option?

Read: are we seriously going to let there be a tie vote on day one?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Verily, to break the tie would heap much suspicion upon he who took God's will into his own hands. Who among us can know His designs?

• Options
    I'll be honest, that's why my post doesn't contain a vote. I'm kind of sick of everyone being suspicious of me. >_>

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I was there when Lion-King Richard led us against the heathens in the Crusades. I saw the fury of righteousness fall upon them, only to return and find that greed and corruption hath taken hold of my homeland. Amongst us are those who standeth silent, even when their brethren cry out for deliverance. Zandracon is who seals his lips when he should cry out with fury. Let us put him to the sword.

May God have mercy on our souls.

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Daius wrote:
    Daius wrote:
    What year is it again?

I assume sometime relatively around here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_England

What is this "Wikipedia"

Sounds like a Norman thing to me.

You're also over a 100 years off, and this lack of basic reading comprehension will not stand !Wandering Hero

Heh Daius

Not today.
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    warban~

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, that puts Zandracon, Daius, and warban at 4 votes each, and a whole mess of people at 1 and 2 votes each.

I'll post a !vote for 38thDoe, for he has only made a single post today to vote for stever777. I believe more activity should be expected.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    And with the lack of ninja editing, I must !vote for 38thDoe once again.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    The Renaissance of Phalla hath poisoned the minds of the people. We must be decisive! The treacherous Normans will use our wavering will against us!

• Options
    I'll vote for warban because there's an hour till close and a 3 way tie is a less than auspicious way to start off the game.

That pulls one off zand, so that makes 5-4-3, yeah?

I still don't like that, but it's better than nothing.

• Options
    SLyM wrote:
    While we're here, order of events, vote trickle, etc., etc.?

Vote-->Guard-->Mafia-->Vigilante-->Seer-->Other?

Is the lack of an answer to the vote trickling question a Clarification denied?

• Options
    Oh hey;

What happens in the event of a tie?

• Options
    There's no reason for the vote to trickle if it goes first.

There wouldn't be anything to make it trickle.

• Options
    I really don't want to tempt fate right now.

!REG Rysk, I shall let you be for now.
    !Warban, I know naught of where your blood is borne, but action must be taken and if you're to be a sacrifice, then thou may view it a noble one, aiding as it will our rebellion against these scurrilous beasts.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I know not what witchcraft is afoot in these troubled times.

• Options
    I'm guessing the chances of Baidol, Facetious and myself all surviving the night are pretty fucking low at this point.

• Options
    Probably due to my atrocious roleplaying.

• Options
    Probably due the fact that we're all talking way too much.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Oh hey;

What happens in the event of a tie?

you don't really want to find out.
    Baidol wrote:
    SLyM wrote:
    While we're here, order of events, vote trickle, etc., etc.?

Vote-->Guard-->Mafia-->Vigilante-->Seer-->Other?

Is the lack of an answer to the vote trickling question a Clarification denied?

Please, don't make me smack you for not using your brain.

• Options
    That's why you're dying. I'm dying because terrible roleplaying.

Forsooth, I die with a clear conscience. The Norman interlopers will be pushed back to the seas whence they came.

• Options
    Getting killed for talking too much? Why, I've never heard of such a thing!

:bz

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Wait, getting killed for talking too much and roleplaying poorly?

Facetious has infected us!
    It's gonna be funny if none of us die.
    Me saying that means we're all gonna die