As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Informatica Training?

urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R haterRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

My job needs me to learn up Informatica for a new project I'll be on. The problem is that they only have a few things to read about the program. They have a lab manual, which would be the BEST way for me to learn, except they don't have any of the data they use in it. So it's basically useless. Then they have a pdf that is about 600 pages of just text. Unfortunately I don't learn that way... I'm only on page 100 or whatever and literally haven't remembered anything I've read.

So I was wondering if you guys knew of a good place to learn this stuff online for free. Everything I've found is upward of $850.

urahonky on

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Possible dumb question: have you asked your company for training? Informatica ain't cheap... can't they possibly build $850 of training into the budget?

spool32 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    spool32 wrote: »
    Possible dumb question: have you asked your company for training? Informatica ain't cheap... can't they possibly build $850 of training into the budget?

Not a dumb question at all... I'm... not sure to be honest. The thing is I'm not officially on the project and apparently two other people learned Informatica by reading this PDF. The problem is that I'm still new and hate to sound like I'm high maintenance but I just don't learn from reading something. I need to physically DO something in order to learn it.

urahonky on