As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girl sues artist over facial tattoos

KwornKworn Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8104519.stm

This girl is so dumb

She allegedly asked for 3 stars on her face and ended up with 56 after falling asleep at the chair

I dont know about you guys who may have tattoos but you dont tend to fall asleep when having a tattoo done, especially when they are on your face lol

I think she asked to have it done, but when she got home she had to give an excuse to her parents and now its gone too far

idiot

If you look at the tattoos now they are starting to go to shit on her face...unlucky :lol:

Kworn on

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tattoos do that naturally, it goes away. Pretty much all tattoos look like that in the first week or so.

If she asked for three stars and got 56 then yea, she very much can sue. Its like, one of the things courts were designed for.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Seems pretty open and shut. 56 is a big difference from 3.

I gotta say, falling asleep while getting tattooed... that's damn impressive. I've always heard that getting a tattoo is kinda painful.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This story first came out 2 years ago. Have there been any meaningful developments?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not being an expert on tattoos but knowing it hurt to be stabbed with a needle repeatedly, I would agree that she is withholding some information.

Most likely that she was high as a kite.

I would say that there is a very good reason that here in Denmark it's illegal for a tattoo artists to give people tattoos in the face or on the hands.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This was a story from 2 years ago, and it turned out that she had indeed asked for all those stars but immediately had buyers remorse after her parents exploded at her, and thus tried to blame the tattoo artist.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'd be wondering if the same thing that made her fall asleep during the tattooing made her ask for 56 stars and then backpedal when she sobered up.
    plufim wrote: »
    This was a story from 2 years ago, and it turned out that she had indeed asked for all those stars but immediately had buyers remorse after her parents exploded at her, and thus tried to blame the tattoo artist.

Oh!

Well then.

My cunning instincts serve me again.

Off to fight crime!

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Seems pretty open and shut. 56 is a big difference from 3.
    I think this depends on whether she can prove that she only wanted three. I'm not sure how heavily regulated the tattoo industry is in Europe, but this is a good example for why you should put what you want down in writing first.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Girl with 56 stars tattooed on face admits she asked for them.
    A teenage girl who claimed 56 stars were tattooed on her on her face as she slept when she asked for three has admitted she was awake the whole time – and lied because her father was "furious".

edit: slow ass google fu on my part

Really getting one thing tattoo'd on your face is too many, and I say this as someone who likes and has tattoos.

815165 on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think there should be a "cooling off" period when it comes to tattoos, like handguns. You want this tattoo? Great, wait 48 hours and then come back to see if you still want it.

Or, mandatory temporary tattoos that last at least 72 hours that look exactly like what you want and where you want them.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    An interesting thing I heard of once was to get tattooed with a dye that only shows up under a blacklight, so that you could crazy tattoos, even in the face, and keep your banking job during the week, while being a party animal during the weekend.

I this actually a thing, or is it so rare to run into a club with a blacklight that it would be pointless?

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Tattoos do that naturally, it goes away. Pretty much all tattoos look like that in the first week or so.

If she asked for three stars and got 56 then yea, she very much can sue. Its like, one of the things courts were designed for.

I have 5 large tattoos and none have done that

If they do do that then they will faid horribly

Kworn on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    Girl with 56 stars tattooed on face admits she asked for them.
    A teenage girl who claimed 56 stars were tattooed on her on her face as she slept when she asked for three has admitted she was awake the whole time – and lied because her father was "furious".

edit: slow ass google fu on my part

Really getting one thing tattoo'd on your face is too many, and I say this as someone who likes and has tattoos.

Hold on a second...this is one of the top video stories on the BBC website

How can they be so far behind?? Unless this is a different story

Kworn on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Nought wrote: »
    An interesting thing I heard of once was to get tattooed with a dye that only shows up under a blacklight, so that you could crazy tattoos, even in the face, and keep your banking job during the week, while being a party animal during the weekend.

I this actually a thing, or is it so rare to run into a club with a blacklight that it would be pointless?

Yep it's really a thing and it's pretty neat.

I don't know how well they stand up long term, and I wouldn't go to just any tattoo artist to get something like that done, since scarring can be an issue if the artist is too aggressive or heavy handed.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2011
    You are the only one so far behind here, Kworn.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.