As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wisconsin] didn't mess it up for once

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I have no idea how Walker is dead even or ahead in the polls

Hopefully after the primary it will change

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

There's literally a guy complaining about the number of cookies Consumerist put on his browser. So not only is this is first time visiting the website, but he also threatened to delete the Consumerist. The strange juxtaposition of technological savviness with technological idiocy, plus political idiocy, with a touch of the inability to spell is fascinating.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, today is the primary.

If you live in WI and haven't voted, why the fuck are you here? Go vote!

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I am working! But the polls are open until 8pm so I will go after dinner =)

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I have the day off, I'll go vote for Falk when I'm good and ready to vote. Probably around 3ish or so, miss the lunch rush and miss the people coming from work rush

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm voting Falk as well, hopefully Barrett doesn't win, the amount of money already spent on smearing (because he's got the most shit that will stick) him would make him... problematic

override367 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Should we make a specific voting day/primary thread for this, NC and whatever else is being voted on today? (And by we I mean someone who is not jailed)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So have the people of the glorious state of Wisconsin re-elected Walker yet?

In case it wasn't clear, my faith in humanity is waning right now.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I don't believe that voting happens for awhile yet, this is just the primary.

• Options
    You know what could get the Republicans Wisconsin in the 2012 presidential election?

Putting up a serious moderate challenger to Walker and heavily funding him.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So have the people of the glorious state of Wisconsin re-elected Walker yet?

In case it wasn't clear, my faith in humanity is waning right now.

Actual vote isn't until early June I believe. This is just the democratic primary.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    You know what could get the Republicans Wisconsin in the 2012 presidential election?

Uh, no, that would enrage the Republican base, which worships him.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    I don't believe that voting happens for awhile yet, this is just the primary.

In what way would voting be related to Walker's inevitable re-election?

• Options
    Negative Nancy be gone!

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    There is that one guy running against Walker in the Republican primary though. Won't win, but he seems cool.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    So the guy whose loss got you in this mess in the first place is your best hope?

Sounds good to me, America loves redemption.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    The worst part is that he is the worst Democrat for labor rights out of the bunch, and this election is founded on labor rights.

The DNC has taken this and are trying to mold it to fit their personal framework, which wont work and will backfire on them

• Options
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Go go Democrats! 2012!

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Negative Nancy be gone!

Fair point.

I will refrain.

• Options
    Wait, since when is she gone? I thought she just relinquished some of her duties to her deputy, and she would still be counting votes on election night.

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular

Seriously, to succeed at a Republican primary challenge you have to come from the far right. Do we really want to find someone to the right of Walker, and even we you did, would you really want that person's name even on the ballot if you found them? ;p

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    I dunno, Kinzinger beat Manzullo from the left.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Yeah well, the Republicans need to stop worrying about angering their base. Their base is going to vote for them no matter what.

In other news me my boss and my other boss are now unemployed so as to save the school some undue pain come the new budget june 1 (i think)

Go austerity

override367 on
  • Options
    No, the base is not going to vote for them no matter what. Republicans are perfectly willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces: see O'Donnell, Christine. Hardcore pubbies won't vote Dem, but they may well stay home if they don't think the candidate is conservative enough.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Is there any age restrictions on who can run for gov or something? What's stopping any of you from running?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    No, the base is not going to vote for them no matter what. Republicans are perfectly willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces: see O'Donnell, Christine. Hardcore pubbies won't vote Dem, but they may well stay home if they don't think the candidate is conservative enough.

I mean if the party as a whole distanced themselves from the crazy, I think they would gain more than they would lose

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Is there any age restrictions on who can run for gov or something? What's stopping any of you from running?

Millions of dollars? That and the deadlines all passed awhile ago.

• Options

I mean if the party as a whole distanced themselves from the crazy, I think they would gain more than they would lose

It's far too late for that. Virtually all of the freshmen are crazy. The GOP depends on the loon vote now.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Do they still randomize the order of names on ballots? Was amused to see the fake Dems listed first for Gov and Lt. Gov.

• Options
    And we get Barret

...joy

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    The party unity is strong in this one.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    I am sad NY is one of the largest contributors. Seriously?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    As is Puerto Rico, it's just about the same shade of red as NY.

And the republican party itself donated almost as much money as Barret has raised. Jesus christ, this makes me sick

• Options
    That is fucking ridiculous. If he gets re-elected is he immune to another recall?

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    I don't believe legally, but there's probably no practical way he gets recalled a second time short of committing a cardinal sin (i.e., raising taxes).

I guess maybe if he went for "right to work."

• Options
    Which Democrat was the guy who people WANTED to run but refused to cause he was pissed about something? I could never tell if he was being petty or justified.

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    russ feingold, who would have demolished walker in a recall.

now, i really think we're gonna lose this one.