As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Cup!! Brazil vs Chile 12pm EST, Colombia vs Uruguay 4pm EST

No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTEDRegistered User regular
edited June 2014 in Social Entropy++
World Cup 2014 Brazil

207 Entered only 1 may leave.

We are down the the final 32

As per tradition the teams have been split into eight, 4 team groups. Each team in the group will play the others once, and the top two ranked after the matches moves on to the knockout round of 16.

Match Schedule:
3h2WVks.png?1

Tv Schedule:
    Day Date Time(EST) Network Nations Group Site Match # Thu 6/12 3:30 p.m. ESPN Brazil vs. Croatia A Sao Paulo 1 Fri 6/13 11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Mexico vs. Cameroon A Natal 2 2:30 p.m. ESPN Spain vs. Netherlands B Salvador 3 5:30 p.m. ESPN2 Chile vs. Australia B Cuiaba 4 Sat 6/14 11:30 a.m. ABC Colombia vs. Greece C Belo Horizonte 5 2:30 p.m. ABC Uruguay vs. Costa Rica D Fortaleza 7 5:30 p.m. ESPN England vs. Italy D Manaus 8 8:30 p.m. ESPN Ivory Coast vs. Japan C Recife 6 Sun 6/15 11:30 a.m. ABC Switzerland vs. Ecuador E Brasilia 9 2:30 p.m. ABC France vs. Honduras E Porto Alegre 10 5:30 p.m. ESPN Argentina vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina F Rio de Janeiro 11 Mon 6/16 11:30 a.m. ESPN Germany vs. Portugal G Salvador 13 2:30 p.m. ESPN Iran vs. Nigeria F Curitiba 12 5:30 p.m. ESPN Ghana vs. United States G Natal 14 Tue 6/17 11:30 a.m. ESPN Belgium vs. Algeria H Belo Horizonte 15 2:30 p.m. ESPN Brazil vs. Mexico A Fortaleza 17 5:30 p.m. ESPN Russia vs. South Korea H Cuiaba 16 Wed 6/18 11:30 a.m. ESPN Australia vs. Netherlands B Porto Alegre 20 2:30 p.m. ESPN Spain vs. Chile B Rio de Janeiro 19 5:30 p.m. ESPN Cameroon vs. Croatia A Manaus 18 Thu 6/19 11:30 a.m. ESPN Colombia vs. Ivory Coast C Brasilia 21 2:30 p.m. ESPN Uruguay vs. England D Sao Paulo 23 5:30 p.m. ESPN Japan vs. Greece C Natal 22 Fri 6/20 11:30 a.m. ESPN Italy vs. Costa Rica D Recife 24 2:30 p.m. ESPN Switzerland vs. France E Salvador 25 5:30 p.m. ESPN Honduras vs. Ecuador E Curitiba 26 Sat 6/21 11:30 a.m. ESPN Argentina vs. Iran F Belo Horizonte 27 2:30 p.m. ESPN Germany vs. Ghana G Fortaleza 29 5:30 p.m. ESPN Nigeria vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina F Cuiaba 28 Sun 6/22 11:30 a.m. ABC Belgium vs. Russia H Rio de Janeiro 31 2:30 p.m. ABC South Korea vs. Algeria H Porto Alegre 32 5:30 p.m. ESPN United States vs. Portugal G Manaus 30 Mon 6/23 11:30 a.m. ESPN Netherlands vs. Chile B Sao Paulo 36 11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Australia vs. Spain B Curitiba 35 3:30 p.m. ESPN Croatia vs. Mexico A Recife 34 3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Cameroon vs. Brazil A Brasilia 33 Tue 6/24 11:30 a.m. ESPN Italy vs. Uruguay D Natal 39 11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Costa Rica vs. England D Belo Horizonte 40 3:30 p.m. ESPN Japan vs. Colombia C Cuiaba 37 3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Greece vs. Ivory Coast C Fortaleza 38 Wed 6/25 11:30 a.m. ESPN Nigeria vs. Argentina F Porto Alegre 43 11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. Iran F Salvador 44 3:30 p.m. ESPN Ecuador vs. France E Rio de Janeiro 42 3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Honduras vs. Switzerland E Manaus 41 Thu 6/26 11:30 a.m. ESPN United States vs. Germany G Recife 45 11:30 a.m. ESPN2 Portugal vs. Ghana G Brasilia 46 3:30 p.m. ESPN South Korea vs. Belgium H Sao Paulo 47 3:30 p.m. ESPN2 Algeria vs. Russia H Curitiba 48

Penny Arcade Bracket Challenge:
Groups and Odds
Group A
bra.pngBrazil Odds to win the Cup: 5/2
cro.pngCroatia Odds to win the Cup: 150/1
mex.pngMexico Odds to win the Cup: 100/1
cmr.pngCameroon Odds to win the Cup: 1000/1

Group B
esp.pngSpain Odds to win the Cup: 13/2
ned.pngNetherlands Odds to win the Cup: 25/1
chi.pngChile Odds to win the Cup: 50/1
aus.pngAustralia Odds to win the Cup: 1000/1

Group C
col.pngColombia Odds to win the Cup: 30/1
gre.pngGreece Odds to win the Cup: 250/1
civ.png Ivory Coast Odds to win the Cup: 150/1
jpn.pngJapan Odds to win the Cup: 150/1

Group D
uru.pngUruguay Odds to win the Cup: 25/1
crc.pngCosta Rica Odds to win the Cup: 1000/1
eng.pngEngland Odds to win the Cup: 30/1
ita.png Italy Odds to win the Cup: 20/1

Group E
sui.pngSwitzerland Odds to win the Cup:100/1
ecu.pngEcuador Odds to win the Cup: 150/1
fra.pngFrance Odds to win the Cup: 25/1
hon.pngHonduras Odds to win the Cup: 1000/1

Group F
arg.pngArgentina Odds to win the Cup: 4/1
bih.png Bosnia and Herzegovina Odds to win the Cup: 150/1
irn.pngIran Odds to win the Cup: 1000/1
nga.pngNigeria Odds to win the Cup: 250/1

Group G
ger.pngGermany Odds to win the Cup: 5/1
por.png Portugal Odds to win the Cup: 25/1
usa.pngUnited States of America Odds to win the Cup: 100/1
gha.pngGhana Odds to win the Cup: 150/1

Group H
bel.png Belgium Odds to win the Cup: 20/1
alg.pngAlgeria Odds to win the Cup: 2000/1
rus.png Russia Odds to win the Cup: 80/1
kor.pngKorea Republic Odds to win the Cup: 300/1

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
sirtoons.png
No Great Name on

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Welp the U.S. can't finish for shit so Japan deserved it.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    How can you fuck up a penalty shootout that badly?

Oh yeah, by fucking up the rest of the game, too.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Welp the U.S. can't finish for shit so Japan deserved it.

Personally, I think the defense was an even bigger problem. Goddamned shameful.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Man its fucking hard for me to watch football. Having dismissed the sport as stupid until a year or so ago, I've got no real team knowledge, they barely show even MLS games on tv, and I have to pay extra if I want to see any other leagues. Thank god for ESPN on XBOX.

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    where's mia hamm when you need her

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Docshifty wrote:
    Man its fucking hard for me to watch football. Having dismissed the sport as stupid until a year or so ago, I've got no real team knowledge, they barely show even MLS games on tv, and I have to pay extra if I want to see any other leagues. Thank god for ESPN on XBOX.
    Where you at?

She's somewhere around OLD.

Wambach should have taken the first penalty.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Don't forget that 2014 World Cup Qualifying is already underway, though at this stage it is mostly the minnows. But, still, the qualification process is one of my favorite things.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Man I said the same thing. Wambach should have gone first, and Tobin Heath shouldn't have been anywhere near that.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I hate everybody in my town. They only paid attention to the Women's World Cup when they found out that, oh yeah, US made it to the finals, then bitched so much on Facebook when US lost to Japan.

If you only pay attention to a sport when your team/country is in the championship finals, yeah, sorry, you aren't allowed to bitch if they lose. Or bitch about the sport period.

It's the same fucking thing in my town with hockey, too.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    in their defense most people don't care about hockey until the playoffs

• Options
    Docshifty wrote:
    Where you at?

She's somewhere around OLD.

Wambach should have taken the first penalty.

Indiana. I'd have to pay comcast like forty extra a month for a sports package.

• Options
    Ah, yeah it'd suck to be a mls supporter and not be near your hometown eam to get whatever local channel they're on.

ESPN carries about 1 game a week, ther'es a schedule somewhere.

But they're airing most of the summer friendlies. Vancouver vs Man City tomorrow, and a bunch more coming up.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    There are of course streaming sites, I used to have a bunch linked in the old thread op, but I don't know whether they're frowned on here or not.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Woooooooooooooooo! Driving to Vancouver to watch City play in person!

So damned excited.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.

Cool cool, I'm going to ManU vs Barca on the, what is it, 30th? 31st maybe.

edit: And maybe D.C. vs Everton on Saturday but I dunno yet.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.
    Pick me up one o' them shit-hot new home jerseys while you're up there.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Makershot wrote:
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.

Really? I think the new "sound wave" background is kind of tacky.

I love the shit out of the new, old-fashioned away kit, though!

naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.

Cool cool, I'm going to ManU vs Barca on the, what is it, 30th? 31st maybe.

edit: And maybe D.C. vs Everton on Saturday but I dunno yet.

Oh man, awesome. Even if United and Barca play mainly reserves, that will still be great. Jealous!

naporeon on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Where the fuck was this thread like 4 hours ago

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    It was on page 2 when I got back from watching the game so probably on page 2.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    naporeon wrote:
    Makershot wrote:
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.

I'm not sold on the navy-blue names & numbers, but that mod collar is tubular.

Oh, and it looks like the third kit will be last year's away kit. There goes my chance to pick one up for cheap.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Makershot wrote:
    naporeon wrote:
    Makershot wrote:
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.

I'm not sold on the navy-blue names & numbers, but that mod collar is tubular.

Oh, and it looks like the third kit will be last year's away kit. There goes my chance to pick one up for cheap.

I have to tell you, I think your avatar is pretty cool. I'll bet pipe likes it as well. ;-)

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I wish the biggest issue I had with my local club in the upcoming season was the jersey.

The owner of the Phoenix is currently relying on this company to provide him with a multi-million dollar re-financing loan to remain solvent this year.

Yeah.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I still can't believe the U.S. managed to lose. Their finishing was SO FUCKING AWFUL.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Ah, yeah it'd suck to be a mls supporter and not be near your hometown eam to get whatever local channel they're on.

But they're airing most of the summer friendlies. Vancouver vs Man City tomorrow, and a bunch more coming up.

Yeah, they just had a commercial about them showing all the friendlies, pretty cool.

As for locals, I figure I should start looking at Chicago Fire just because they're the closest and I could actually go to their games, but for some reason I want to root for Seattle.

• Options
    It just occurred to me that Wayne fucking Rooney is currently occupying my city. This is an outrage.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Docshifty wrote:

Yeah, they just had a commercial about them showing all the friendlies, pretty cool.

As for locals, I figure I should start looking at Chicago Fire just because they're the closest and I could actually go to their games, but for some reason I want to root for Seattle.
    Why would you ever want to do that

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Because growing up in Alaska I took a lot of trips to Seattle and that's where I watched all my sports live, so its just kind of a given for me now. Why, are the Sounders a bad team/people/fanbase?

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Docshifty wrote:
    Because growing up in Alaska I took a lot of trips to Seattle and that's where I watched all my sports live, so its just kind of a given for me now. Why, are the Sounders a bad team/people/fanbase?

SIGH

The Sounders are a fine team. NGN resents the fact that so many people who were totally apathetic to or unaware of the sport before Seattle joined the MLS are now super, super into it. To an extent, I can see his objection -- I hate uninformed, suddenly enthusiastic people who won't shut up about their team and/or the sport too. But if you hate on a US team that averages over 30,000 fans a game, and brings tons of money and energy to the domestic game, you are clearly a much bigger poseur than all those newcomers packing the stadium.

If you like the Sounders, cool. Support whom you like -- personally, I'd pick the team I was closest to, but that's just me.

naporeon on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    I was at work during the game today
    now I am home and don't even want to watch the highlights
    one of the three times I watch the sport and the US fails

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    dc united own so i have it pretty easy

(when i check on their recent doings absentmindedly every few months)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    What the hell is going on in the Copa America? Argentina, the HOSTS out 1 round after the groups. Brazil, defending champions also out 1 round after the groups. Now who am I going to watch?

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a Pittsburgh MLS team.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I scored a goal tonight. A good goal, too; trapping a ball headed down from a corner with my chest and spinning 180 on the volley before the bounce.

Shame the only reason I was up so far is because we were already 3 behind. I've spent most of this season helping anchor the defensive line, but with 15 minutes to go I decided to push forward and see if I could salvage something.

Shame they scored 2 more. 5 straight games we've surrendered a last minute goal. Ugh.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    naporeon wrote:
    Docshifty wrote:

SIGH

The Sounders are a fine team. NGN resents the fact that so many people who were totally apathetic to or unaware of the sport before Seattle joined the MLS are now super, super into it. To an extent, I can see his objection -- I hate uninformed, suddenly enthusiastic people who won't shut up about their team and/or the sport too. But if you hate on a US team that averages over 30,000 fans a game, and brings tons of money and energy to the domestic game, you are clearly a much bigger poseur than all those newcomers packing the stadium.

If you like the Sounders, cool. Support whom you like -- personally, I'd pick the team I was closest to, but that's just me.

Or maybe I'm allergic to turf fields and the color neon green hmmmmm did you ever think of that??

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Man, I tried to watch the game last night, but I swear it was like watching an old NES game. So fuzzy it was actually hurting my eyes. Fucking comcast.

• Options
    So tonight we got Copa America semi finals of Venezuela vs Paraguay, that tournament turned out really interesting.

As well as Seattle vs ManU and Chivas Guadalajara vs Real Madrid

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.
    I got to see them beat Club America 2-0 which was a lot of fun. Haven't been able to see a premier team play in years

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    naporeon wrote:

So damned excited.
    I got to see them beat Club America 2-0 which was a lot of fun. Haven't been able to see a premier team play in years

Holy shit, was it fun. We met up with some visiting Mancunians, raided the home pub of the Caps supporters, sang City songs and drank pitcher and pitcher of beer, then walked to the match and stood and sang the entire time.

We met a bunch of quality folks, got to see a City victory, and even showed up on ESPN a couple times during the match. What a result.

• Options
    D.C. United vs New England is also on tonight but only local tv so.

VAMOS UNITED

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Fuckin fuck United stop sucking such shit at home FUCK

sirtoons.png
This discussion has been closed.