As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The Siege of Underdeep (OOC)

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I bet he is.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'm reading your response in the correct tone, but I feel kinda dirty.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    Kobolds are a fairly mundane creature... nothing really special about them other than they're devious.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Still looking for an image to accurately represent Rho.

Rumor possibility: Rho encountered a few airship merchants while in the north. Some of these were captained by the free elementals. The crew on these ships, when left to their own devices, gossiped in the inns and taverns, spending their coin and spreading rumors. Repeated often were stories that the Elementals were searching for artifacts and means to reawaken the primals.

Edit: Its a little late, but I use the default theme as well. Also, my access to a computer is nonexistent during the day as I do construction work. If ever it is necessary to move something forward quickly because of flow or just general gameplay issues, please feel free to do so.

BaronSamedi on
    "Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    The "scary story" version of the animates rumor - people who follow the Artisans' animates for too long end up lost, somewhere where only the animates go. Sometimes they just get lost and never find their way back, sometimes they come across rows of still earthen bodies, and scream, and that's the end of the story. And sometimes the story ends with the people getting bricked in by the animates themselves, to die a slow, painful death...

Spoooky.

• Options
    Well shit, I was going to have everything ready to go in an hour this morning... but I forgot I hadn't reinstalled World of Warcraft yet for the art files. >_< Only eight gigs to go.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok, three of the characters have tokens. I'll have the other two finished in just a little bit. I was going to go with top down, but the website thing I'm using for the play-by-post mapping doesn't allow transparency. So, I just went with some head on shots for the player characters. I'll have monsters done in the same style. If you don't like your character token, download the trial version of World of Warcraft, download WoW Model Viewer, and play around with it to your heart's content. :mrgreen:

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Sounds good. Can't wait to smash some kobolds

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    All done with the tokens. Got the map ready. I just need to make the kobold tokens and populate the map. Then make the statblocks. So much work... but now that I have a workflow down for the tokens, it'll go much more quickly.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    TOKEN-Dermond.pngTOKEN-Eli.pngTOKEN-Helena.pngTOKEN-Lyashanna.pngTOKEN-Rho.png

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    I haven't actually played a knight before, so I'm gonna try to be vigilant about remembering all my abilities. Of course, it helps for knights to not have many abilities.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Link to Map

Please open that map and do not change anything. Post here with the location of where you want to start this encounter. I will have the IC thread updated shortly.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Cool map. Stick lya in A11 please.
    Looking at those tunnels, I'm regretting using a ranged character. Gonna be using mobile blade alot

• Options
    Crap, the page isn't displaying for me on my PC. Let me go try my laptop.

• Options
    Okay so my PC won't load the page at all and my laptop just loads a blank grey screen. :?

• Options
    My computer is also having trouble with the map. At first it said my connection timed out, and now it's continually loading.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2011
    underdeepmap.jpg

there's a printscreen of it until we get a fix. For the record, works fine for me.

Grog on
  • Options
    Please copy the same format I will be using in the IC thread. It will be easy if you quote the post above yours and then make your changes.

• Options
    Thanks, Grog. I'm fine where I'm at

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Man, I should let the DM roll my initiative every time I play. So much better than usual.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ok, if you're having trouble... I can make the moves for you. Update your Adobe flash as well.

• Options
    I'm good at B10, as long as there's somebody tank-y in the C row.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Helena will put herself in between lya and the kobolds.

I do have flash updated, so I dunno what's wrong.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    What's the difference in elevation between us and the slingers?

• Options
    wildwood, stay within 2 squares of me and I'll use my guardian's counter for an extra shot against the slingers.

• Options
    Slingers are 20' above you.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok, positions are set. Going to bed soon so in the interest of getting things started... we're starting! Oh and instead of DarkRed for your actions, use DarkBlue please. DarkGreen for TempHP and everything else will sort itself out as we go.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok. I'm going to D&D encounters in a lil bit but I'll be able to post after that

Are we waiting for the kobolds to act, or are you waiting for us to respond to them?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Assuming it's block initiative, kobolds'll get their go first then we can all go in whatever order.

• Options
    I'm working on the kobolds turn. Trying to figure out how I want the attacks to look.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    All done! @Grog @DaMoonRulz @LockedOnTarget @Wildwood @BaronSamedi, you're all up! Please make a post in the IC thread that you're taking your turn and then edit it so that others don't post while you're in the midst of your own post. Thanks! Hrm...

Instructions for Using the Pyromancer's Map
    1. Open the map (if you can)
    2. Click your TOKEN in the initiative bar at the bottom left of the screen
    3. Make any moves you need to. You can also move enemy tokens if you push, pull, or slide them.
    4. Click the PASS TURN AND COPY URL FOR FORUM TO CLIPBOARD. You only need to click it once and it doesn't do anything visual but move the initiative bar on the map.
    5. Open http://www.bit.ly and paste the copied URL into that website to create a short url for the map.
    6. Change the map link at the bottom of your post.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok I'm assuming we've got LOS to the slingers that stepped forward

Grog on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    You can see them, barely. They have superior cover (-5 to ranged attacks). They're using their Shifty ability to dance in and out of the shadows between ranged attacks.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    No change to the map for me, let me know if you want me to do any specific formatting, I tried to just copy yours

Also I'm a huge idiot and am unable to work out basic addition and subtraction. Edited the IC post to reflect this.

Grog on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Eh, it's close enough. Why'd you edit out the hit? You rolled a 21... which minus 5 is 16 and their AC is only 13.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Oh god I'm even dumber than my edit suggested! I was minusing 5 and adding 5 to their AC in my head. God, sorry it's late

• Options
    edited August 2011
    :mrgreen: I'm going to bed now. Gotta get a few hours sleep before work tonight! See you in the morning.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    If someone could move me on the map that'd be great.

• Options
    Here's the updated map for after Helena's turn.

http://bit.ly/ncDfgA

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Is the door currently closed?

I'm also kinda confused about the order now, so hopefully I fail my first saving throw, 'cause that would possibly change Helena's turn.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg