As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The Siege of Underdeep (OOC)

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Actually, Dermond should have rolled Helena's saving throw first, at the start of your turn or waited 'til the end of Dermond's turn for a +2 bonus to the save. And yes, the door is currently closed. Finally, please keep both Actions and Status in the same post. Thank you!

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Well the way I took my turn was to go about how I normally would, and then used the free throw granted by Helena. Actually now that I think about it, I was thinking of the warpriest power that grants a saving throw, so my apologies if the power says "grants saving throw at start of next turn". I can change it if you want.

Is the door open or do I need to go open it?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    Since we are using essentials, the CB created Rho with the racial "Heroic Effort" power. It wouldn't have helped on this saving throw, but @SkyCaptain how do you want it annotated if it does come into effect?

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    DaMoonRulz wrote:
    Well the way I took my turn was to go about how I normally would, and then used the free throw granted by Helena. Actually now that I think about it, I was thinking of the warpriest power that grants a saving throw, so my apologies if the power says "grants saving throw at start of next turn". I can change it if you want.

Is the door open or do I need to go open it?

I used the power first and rolled the save for you, it failed. So I did a heal check to give you another, but since that gives you the choice of an immediate throw OR a bonus to your next normal one, I didn't roll for you.

Sorry if it was a bit confusing, might not have been as clear as I couldhave been.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Yeah, it's late and my thinking gears aren't meshing so well. I got it after I went back and re-read it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Mon-Fri I work 5am-2pm eastern, so I'll probably post my next turn around 215 tomorrow.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ah, I see what Helena did. If a power or action grants an immediate saving throw whether it is an enemy (such as forced movement into difficult terrain) or an ally, roll it for them. They can decide if they want to use anything like Heroic Effort on their turn.

Baron: Just note it as - Immediate Reaction Heroic Effort

• Options
    Will do.

I'm going to edit my IC post. I added the Temp HP to my remaining hit points instead of annotating them along side the remaining.

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    It should look like this:

Baron Samedi HP 29/29+3

• Options
    SkyCaptain wrote:
    It should look like this:

Baron Samedi HP 29/29+3

Done and done. Thanks.

• Options
    Kobolds are done. Good luck folks! :mrgreen:

• Options
    So are we able to go up those stair-looking things without issue? Or are the only options as far as closing in for melee climbing the walls?

I can see the map now, yaaaaaaaaaaayyyy.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Map looks like there's stairs leading up to the door, so I guess that'll be regular movement?
    Way I read the first post, the 'holes' are 20' up, not the door. If it comes to it, I can fey step up and throw a rope down.

• Options
    It looks to me like the stairs by us lead to the place where KS1 and KS2 are, and then a path from there goes to the middle area with the door, and a path from there to the area with KS3.

• Options
    I'm gonna hold up until we know if those are actually stairs and if I can make my way up them

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, same. Not sure if I wanna hang back and stay in a support role, or go on the offensive yet.

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Just FYI - the door is in range of my Mage Hand, I can try opening it that way if people want, my next turn.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Good idea, that dragonshield is probably waiting to poke anyone coming near.

• Options
    The stairs lead up to the door, going underneath the northern overhang. The dragonshield is indeed holding action behind the door. It weighs more than five pounds.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Ok, so to open the door do I need an athletics check, or just walk up to it and open it?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Presumably.

• Options
    Do you want me to act out the Dragonshield's action so I can post my whole turn in one post?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You'll need to examine the door before doing anything else.

• Options
    Ok. For that post, do you want the stat block included?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Nah.

• Options
    Ok. Dermond's at the door trying to open it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    He tried, he failed... getting into this place will prolly be the most difficult part of it!

• Options
    Are there rough stairs going up to each slinger's post? It kind of looks like it on the map.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    No, they go underneath the slingers alcoves. What would be the point of the door if you could just walk up the stairs and go in that way? You can get to the door via either set of stairs. The north set of stairs and the landing in front of it are currently covered in slick oil (DC 10 Balance). The south stairs are currently oil free.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    BAH! I want to kill these bastards!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    They just dead-end under the alcoves, as far as we can tell? Who has a grappling hook and rope? :)

• Options
    So the stairs that start at E14 are actually at our level and lead up to the area with the door? I was thinking this whole time that they connected the door room and the far south alcove.

• Options
    Sorry, the map isn't very clear... I didn't make it so... all the stairs start at the green area and go up to the door only. The only way to the alcoves above is to climb up the wall (DC 20).

• Options
    Okay I did my turn, hopefully I am understanding the layout right.

• Options
    Can I see the rest of the team from where I am now, or is the room with the door not overlooking the green area?

• Options
    It does overlook the green area.

• Options
    God damn... Helena makes a better "Tank" than the Knight! :mrgreen:

• Options
    Poor Rho just can't catch a break here.

• Options
    Yeah.... I know. I felt bad, but Lya is too far away and Dermond gets a bonus to his defenses against ranged attacks.

• Options
    Are the Dragonshield and Helena able to strike each other through the door without penalty right now?