Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mini-Phalla] Complex Biology: Game Over! Scientists / Hypnotoad / Ani-Mannequin Win!

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Actually that reminds me, kime what in the hell did you do to get everyone to vote for you every day 1?!

I mean, I grudge you for taking advantage of me in an early phalla. Stupid trusting nature! >.<

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Everyone knows Kime is EVIL!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote:
    Actually that reminds me, kime what in the hell did you do to get everyone to vote for you every day 1?!

I mean, I grudge you for taking advantage of me in an early phalla. Stupid trusting nature! >.<

I am too awesome. People are jealous. It's only natural, when confronted with my amazingness.

PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Balance is overrated

Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    kime wrote:
    I am too awesome. People are jealous. It's only natural, when confronted with my amazingness.

Damn. It's true... ^:)^

B:L wrote:
    Oh wait you were the one that ran that unbalanced hell hole of a game?

!nay retract

Just curious, has B L ever run a phalla? My memory is fading as I drink get older.

• LucedesLucedes never stops, never started Registered User regular
    kime is hard to read, seeing as kime constantly brags about being mafia regardless of the truth.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

The Anonymous on
    I can see that. I could probably start doing the opposite and brag about being a vanillager every phalla, but that doesn't seem nearly as cool :D

Steam
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    What the fuck.

I've run multiple main games since that House phalla and they all went fine.

filefile.jpg
    25% village specials?
    10% mafia with no cover roles?

/retract D:

I'm trying not to be petty, but neither of those statistics are correct and I had that game vetted by a more experienced host (Infidel) before I ran it. It's unfortunate that B:L didn't like it, but it's no reason for people to abandon a game I'm running years later.

filefile.jpg
    Was it 55% village specials?
    30% mafia with no cover roles?
    ;-)

Cythraul wrote:
    I can see that. I could probably start doing the opposite and brag about being a vanillager every phalla, but that doesn't seem nearly as cool :D

B:L does that.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:
    They asked me, "why would you do such a thing? These are monstrosities, abominations!" I responded, "because I could"

Your avatar is perfect for this game.

!Baidol

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Braaains...

We must use our brains to find the scientists and escape this laboratory.

Delicious, nutritious brains.

On a more serious note, if the game is stated from the outset to be experimental, has strange rules or possibly unbalanced I don't mind much.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    Experimental phallas are the best phallas.

This is a proven fact.

• NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    seems like a good way to get back into Phallas

I'm in

Personally, I like D&D because I find OCD much more interesting than ADD.
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Alegis! :D

I'm back! Graduated and all!

Only have time until sunday late though, but who lasts longer than 4 days in a mini anyways! Or 1 night in an experimental one.

Alegis on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    I must !signup for !science.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    I love whacky phallas. When everyone has some kind of power you never get bored.

Not today.
    It might end up like the Ender phalla where everyone just shot everyone else all game. That was a hoot :P

Seriously I had THE shittiest luck all damn game that time.

Steam
    You did? I got killed Day 1 :P

Not today.
    I was Ender and every time I'd seer someone, it turned out they were one of the guys I was looking for AND they got killed that night by random gunfire.

All. Game. Long.

Oh, and despite being Ender I had the worst aim which led me to wrong conclusions.

Steam
    I have an idea for a interesting mechanic. A larger amount of vigilantes in a game, but a guard or two that, if you try to kill the person they are guarding, the guard kills you.

Not today.
    edited July 2011
    Everybody targets duna on day 1. duna is guarded by the mafia.

Perfect mafia victory.
    I kid, I kid. It sounds like a pretty interesting idea.

The Anonymous on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Jason Todd wrote:
    What the fuck.

I've run multiple main games since that House phalla and they all went fine.

I remember enjoying that Phalla. Was I weird? :(

Anyways, we have faith in you, Jason Todd!

PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited July 2011
    kime wrote:
    I remember enjoying that Phalla. Was I weird? :(
    Anyways, we have faith in you, Jason Todd!

Umm, yes, and it's not "was", it's "am".
    I have an idea for a interesting mechanic. A larger amount of vigilantes in a game, but a guard or two that, if you try to kill the person they are guarding, the guard kills you.

Interesting. I like this. I kill you last...

stever777 on

Perfect mafia victory.

Isn't Duna, umm, Dun? I thought he bailed on phallas.

Welp, I can start sending out role PMs as soon as we get four more players.

Do it! For Science!

filefile.jpg
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Let's go 4 more people!

4 Science!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Even if games are grossly unfair, I don't usually care because role's are random, it's fun to uncover and discover the rules of the system, and I wont get butthurt over it. I don't do a lot of phallas, but when I do, discovery is the fun--it isn't sport for me, it doesn't need to be fair. It might be though, if I played more.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I only want to play in games where I am BS overpowered because that's how I am in real life.
    BS. :P

REG Rysk on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    We've got movie phalla sign!

Now that I know how NOT to play a neutral, I just hope I get something interesting to play.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Balance actually is overrated IMO. Asymmetrical sides are fun in a game that is for fun. I mean come on. We have literally been playing phalla continuously, with few breaks, for what, five years now? More?

We should stop treating it like a board game and start treating it like a party game!

• 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rend wrote:
    Balance actually is overrated IMO. Asymmetrical sides are fun in a game that is for fun. I mean come on. We have literally been playing phalla continuously, with few breaks, for what, five years now? More?

We should stop treating it like a board game and start treating it like a party game!

For example, my MechWarrior Phalla was horrendously imbalanced (whoops) but people still enjoyed it!

YaYa wrote: »
    FUCK YEAH LET'S FIGHT THE MOON
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote:
    Phyphor wrote:
    They asked me, "why would you do such a thing? These are monstrosities, abominations!" I responded, "because I could"

Your avatar is perfect for this game.

!Baidol

Everything is better with a little Alpha Centauri!

Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame

Perfect mafia victory.
    I kid, I kid. It sounds like a pretty interesting idea.

custom mini:

3 people shamefully redirect onto a newbie no one with any heart would possibly target.

newbie is vigged twice on day one.

:(

Hmm. I think I'll give it a few more hours, then start sending out role PMs even if we don't fill up. I can cut a few roles.

filefile.jpg
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Jason Todd wrote:
    Hmm. I think I'll give it a few more hours, then start sending out role PMs even if we don't fill up. I can cut a few roles.

Don't cut mine :(

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    I'll sign up if you'll have me. I know I can appear pretty dense, so I'll apologize beforehand for any silliness. Virgil_Leads_You

VayBJ4e.png