As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2: Reach Out To The Truth

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    my solution is just not to play in the PA servers

why subject yourself to 12 people a hundred times better at the game than you for any length of time?

The pleasure of my company

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ha ha ha

good one ginger

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    i've been playing on the valve servers a lot and i go like 3:1 or 4:1

but that's usually as pyro or black box soldier or something else good

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    it's even worse when they're camping your spawn and you're like YEAH THIS TIME I'M GONNA AAAAAHGYAAAH *shoof*

Respawn in 18 seconds.

FUCKIN'

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    the funny thing, anti, is that my rage is that pyros and scouts are the OP ones.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

*dead ring*
    *get set on fire again*
    *airblast x4*
    *axtinguish*

literally can't do anything

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Pyros are the counter to spies. Are you mad that they can easily destroy you? Because that is kinda their job. Also spies got a HUGE buff with the enforcer.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    ac the pyro was always supposed to be a hard counter for the spy

that has never changed

• Options
    "wah pyros light me on fire and scouts go too fast for me to stab them and run away like the jerk I am"

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Pyros are the counter to spies. Are you mad that they can easily destroy you? Because that is kinda their job. Also spies got a HUGE buff with the enforcer.

Snipers and heavies have received all kinds of anti-spy tools

There are no "counters" anymore, except pyro > spy and heavy > all

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    you are basically getting mad at the two classes designed from the start to give your preferred class the most trouble

• Options
    give me a fucking fire razorback please

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Cause if any class needs to be nerfed, it's obviously pyros :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    heavies and snipers are the easiest backstab targets, even with all the anti-spy tools snipers have gotten.

The razorback is literally the most useless item in the game, because in the time it would take to backstab a razorback you can shoot a sniper 3 times with the revolver at point blank and kill him.
    Heavies don't have any anti-spy tools other than shooting bullets everywhere like they've always been able to.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ac you are contesting anti's trone as resident tf2 thread drama queen

• Options
    the hard counter to spies: turning around

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    I am not sure what the heavy got to deal with spies

I'd like to know so I can use it more

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    How do heavies have anti-spy tools? I mean if you count looking around constantly and seeing that sniper that is running at you and you spin up and destroy him is a counter then i dunno.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I am not sure what the heavy got to deal with spies

I'd like to know so I can use it more

he has a constant stream of bullets

• Options
    heavies haven't really, i guess. the tomislav kind of. but a heavy with any kind of situational awareness is going to kill a spy, the same way he kills a pyro.

you have to be a pretty bad sniper to be a backstab target.

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    the hard counter to spies: turning around

spies are about outsmarting the enemy

if you honestly consider people checking behind them for enemies to be an insurmountible tactic you just might be an imbecile

• Options
    except if I'm shooting at a different enemy and moving slower than turtle shit I guess there's not much I can do is there?!

but that's sort of the only good way to kill a heavy these days so I guess I can't complain too much

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    man I am being really hostile tonight for some reason

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    'scuse me, I have a PhD in Theory Fortressing.

There were a few instances of me engaging the enemy tonight, on defence, surrounded by teammates, only to fire off 2 shots kill a soldier, run into 5 other enemies and discover my teammates have fucking evaporated.

• Options
    look i ain't stupid, you have to do a lot of things right

get through alleys of boolet spam
    spot targets that are engaged in activity already
    avoid detection not just by the target, but by everyone with a headset
    manage your cloak bar and which disguise, if any, you're rolling with
    total situational awareness all the time
    have superior positioning

obviously you're not gonna be some kind of superhero, rolling through an unaware team, all stabbin' everyone at once
    but stuff like cloak and disguise scales down against people who are any good
    speed and high health do not

i just put so much time in and i invest my ego into being good at a video game and when i'm bad at a video game i get mad at video games
    sorry kc

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    heavies haven't really, i guess. the tomislav kind of. but a heavy with any kind of situational awareness is going to kill a spy, the same way he kills a pyro.

you have to be a pretty bad sniper to be a backstab target.
    man flippy is SO easy to backstab and he's like the best sniper who plays on the PA servers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It happens. I also get way too pissed at this game sometimes.

• Options
    man if you have to dodge spam as a spy you've either taken the wrong route or you're playing dustbowl and either way you've made a terrible mistake

• Options
    you know, I don't really like the tomislav. It fires too slow, and I don't care that much about the extra spin-up time

I miss the days when natascha was the golden child.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    except if I'm shooting at a different enemy and moving slower than turtle shit I guess there's not much I can do is there?!

but that's sort of the only good way to kill a heavy these days so I guess I can't complain too much

i mean if you're playing on a pub server and you're outnumbered then yeah you can die
    a lot of classes can 2v1 a heavy. snipers are good at it. this is why the whole thing is called team fortress, of course.

but if your team is as decent as that, you can just as easily have someone else block a spy's movement or call him out on comm, giving you a chance to react.

so my take on this is that it's just a matter of which gaggle of people has better teamwork: keep heavy engaged to die vs spot for heavy.
    I don't think I regard this as a hard counter because of that

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    man if you have to dodge spam as a spy you've either taken the wrong route or you're playing dustbowl and either way you've made a terrible mistake

haha i like this post.

unfortunately there's a lot more maps that demand this
    e.g. every stage of Goldrush

the alt routes are usually hotbeds of combat too, but it's not really 'dodging spam', it's true

VdxNI.jpg
  • Options
    yeah I get frustrated sometimes when I feel my team is losing not because of particularly bad play, but because nobody on the team cares so much about accomplishing the goal as they do topping the scoreboard

it's like, great, you have 4 times as many points as the leader on the other team. and we're losing. doesn't that make you look kind of bad?

xmassig2.gif
  • Options

haha i like this post.

the alt routes are usually hotbeds of combat too, but it's not really 'dodging spam', it's true

thanks, it felt good while I was making it

and yeah, goldrush can be pretty bad about that, too, but it has the added bonus of everybody who isn't a spy focusing mainly on the cart

• Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    man flippy is SO easy to backstab and he's like the best sniper who plays on the PA servers

After playing today that award definitely goes to Meek. He headshotted me as soldier, then I jumped and he headshotted me again in midair. This was in the space of like a second or two.

leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

haha i like this post.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    heavies and snipers are the easiest backstab targets, even with all the anti-spy tools snipers have gotten.

The razorback is literally the most useless item in the game, because in the time it would take to backstab a razorback you can shoot a sniper 3 times with the revolver at point blank and kill him.
    Heavies don't have any anti-spy tools other than shooting bullets everywhere like they've always been able to.

A razorback is a deterrence measure. If a sniper is razorbacked, the spy will likely go for a juicier target, because he doesn't know you've got the fully charged medic in your sights. Also, you can foil eternal rewards by standing in front of a sentry.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    I just shoot the Razorback spy and laugh at his now dead corpse.

• Options
    even with the razorback what's to stop a spy from popping a sniper in the head with the ambassador

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I never focus on the cart. All I do is die immediately. It seems more effective for me to surprise people. I mean, I still die, but it's less immediate.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    AzadIsCool wrote:

After playing today that award definitely goes to Meek. He headshotted me as soldier, then I jumped and he headshotted me again in midair. This was in the space of like a second or two.

Yup, Meeks and Mikiya the Delusional are better and don't cry when they're killed by the same spy two lives in a row.
    Edit: Also Winnie the Pooh.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    in a closed system with just the razorback sniper and the spy, then yeah obviously you can just shoot 2-3 times
    the razorback will still buy you time to react after the 1st or 2nd shot, so against spies sans enforcer/ambassador it can still save your life.

the strength of the razorback is that it slows you down. in a team play situation it'll force the spy to take more time and aim and focus. and if you're just running by someplace you won't be able to run through the sniper.

obviously the razorback doesn't just let you sit in scope all day. you still have to have situational awareness. but that + razorback or jarate is enough.

VdxNI.jpg