As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Bagginses wrote: »
    I have two criticisms of Book Three:

1. The pacing is a little off. I think having the Day of Black Sun happen half way through means a little too much time meandering around before it, and not enough time for Zuko to meld with the team after it. They literally had enough time for one Zuko/original team member episode before Sozin's Comet. It would have been nice to see the whole team a little more before the finale.
    2. Spiritbending, whatever you think of it - and I actually think it's nifty - could have been better foreshadowed. Play up the Avatar's nonbending abilities a little more, alude to some of the other spirits out there, stuff like that.

Spirit bending was completely unnecessary given that Sozin clearly relied on his limbs for bending.

You mean Ozai. So your thought process is to let Ozai keep his bending, but cut off his arms and legs and turn him into Torsoboy? Yeah, I can see that happening in a kid's show.

Whellimeanmaybe they could just bind up his limbs or something. Quadramputation would have been one hell of a surprise ending, though.

Aurich on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote: »

1. The pacing is a little off. I think having the Day of Black Sun happen half way through means a little too much time meandering around before it, and not enough time for Zuko to meld with the team after it. They literally had enough time for one Zuko/original team member episode before Sozin's Comet. It would have been nice to see the whole team a little more before the finale.
    2. Spiritbending, whatever you think of it - and I actually think it's nifty - could have been better foreshadowed. Play up the Avatar's nonbending abilities a little more, alude to some of the other spirits out there, stuff like that.

Spirit bending was completely unnecessary given that Sozin clearly relied on his limbs for bending.

You mean Ozai. So your thought process is to let Ozai keep his bending, but cut off his arms and legs and turn him into Torsoboy? Yeah, I can see that happening in a kid's show.

Whellimeanmaybe they could just bind up his limbs or something. Quadramputation would have been one hell of a surprise ending, though.

Katara: Oh my god... did you just burn, crush, waterslice and airblast Ozai's limbs into bloody chunks?
    Aang: ...hey, I told you I didn't want to kill him, and I didn't!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    they showed more than a few times that a skilled bender could be dangerous with only their breath

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    they showed more than a few times that a skilled bender could be dangerous with only their breath

Or even just their face. Love dat Bumi. :)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I really like that Aang was generally non-violent without being a wuss. Most of the time when people attacked him he just avoided them. It was when they attacked others that he would counter attack and even then he aimed to render them incapable of harm rather than to injure them.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It's also clear that this is a choice on his part; dude does a mean air blade that can cut cast metal right from the beginning, he just never uses it on people.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    It's also clear that this is a choice on his part; dude does a mean air blade that can cut cast metal right from the beginning, he just never uses it on people.

Indeed. In fact that's partly what makes Book Two's episode "The Desert" pretty potent. Spoilered for possible length.
    So Appa has been abducted, stranding them in the desert, and Aang is pretty distraught at having his life long friend stolen. At one point a swarm of vulture wasps attack them and one of them snatches Momo and flies off, leading Aang to chase it down. He rescues Momo, but he's not finished, and in what I thought was a great scene for showing Aang's rage, he swats the wasp down, unmistakably killing it.

And then they meet up with the guys who stole Appa and he's so enraged he hulks out into the Avatar State and it looks like he's gonna kill them all, before Katara calms him down.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    ibvprytoJPZS7z.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

In my ideal ending, they would have saved enough time before the end for the crew (with Zuko) to go rescue Mai. Then they'd notice that Ty Lee was there and have a discussion about blocking bending.

I still think it was well handled though. It was a pretty good ending to the series as it was.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Really, when I first saw it, I figured the introduction of Spirit Bending was going to pave the way for the return of the Airbenders, as then Aang could repopulate at least one of the Temples with people who wanted to learn, and bring the Nomads back that way.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SO HYPE

iSKCwHzeDGIgJ.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SiracSirac Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    SO HYPE

iSKCwHzeDGIgJ.jpg

A) That is awesome.

B) So I guess they've just kind of given up on the name issue? They can't get "Avatar" and they were getting a poor reaction to "The Last Airbender" so they dropped both of them?

(For the record I think that's fine -- I've seen it referred to as just "Legend of Korra" almost everywhere for a while now so I don't think they'll be missing anything.)

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Sirac wrote: »
    SO HYPE

iSKCwHzeDGIgJ.jpg

A) That is awesome.

B) So I guess they've just kind of given up on the name issue? They can't get "Avatar" and they were getting a poor reaction to "The Last Airbender" so they dropped both of them?

(For the record I think that's fine -- I've seen it referred to as just "Legend of Korra" almost everywhere for a while now so I don't think they'll be missing anything.)

And I suppose that whenever they advertise it, they can just beat it into people's heads that it's a sequel.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    April 4.

FUCK. YES.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    One month?! Awesome.

wandering on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Enough time to watch the whole series from the beginning?

Yes.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The website says April 14, not 4. Still, a month away is pretty great.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    New promo.

I am so excited, so, so excited

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Sounds like Steve Blum isn't hurting for more voice acting work.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    This is looking pretty good.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Now if only they would pull an Evangelion with Last Airbender and HD it up.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    New promo.

Oh holy crap.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SiracSirac Registered User regular
    New promo.

Okay, that is about 100 times better than the last trailer they did. Gives a much better sense of what the show will be like.

Also: HELL. YES.

• Options
    New Ad from Wall Street Journal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHuD28tLfqo

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Aurich wrote: »

Katara: Oh my god... did you just burn, crush, waterslice and airblast Ozai's limbs into bloody chunks?
    Aang: ...hey, I told you I didn't want to kill him, and I didn't!

To the pain, Emperor Ozai.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    oh man that WSJ trailer is the best one yet I think

• Options
    I wonder who the electicity dude is.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Ok, Masky sounds like a pretty sweet villain so far.

I is pleased.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Damn it, looks like between this and Game of Thrones S2 I'm paying for cable again come April.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    This is going to be awesome. I love how unique the Avatar setting is.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    mask dude just ignores that fireball
    like whatever

poo
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I know this is going to be so good.

But oh my god are American trailers for it so bad. EURGH.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Now if only they would pull an Evangelion with Last Airbender and HD it up.

The only way to make the ending more controversial.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I know this is going to be so good.

But oh my god are American trailers for it so bad. EURGH.

I don't think there have been any international trailers for it?

• Options
    http://www.korranation.com/ is 15k more people like this then we get the first episode on March 24th.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Liked, facebook shared, and tweeted on my Echo Bazaar twitter.

• Options
    I'm kinda confused though, is it 100k individually or 100k for each category so 300k all together? Because it says 85k likes but the progress bar thing is really low.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    It's 100K new likes.

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    It's 100K new likes.
    Well then I guess I am glad I didn't like it before? That seems like a weird way of doing things but I guess it means the word gets spread more. I'm guessing they'll hit the goal pretty easily within 9 days.

This discussion has been closed.