As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If you could do anything

1121314151618»

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Swill wrote:
    anything you could do i could do better

burgoff

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Also yes, Voice Acting is pretty much the best job I could imagine having.

Mainly because the only part of me I like is my voice.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    other than the fact that I don't want to have my man voice, I think I'd be good at voice acting while I have it

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Butters wrote:
    Man, all these "I would be able to draw/play music/speak a foreign language" posts

You can easily achieve this goal. Take lessons. None of these require some inborn talent, they're learned skills that just take time to develop.

You can seriously do any of these things. All it takes is effort.
    Druhim wrote:
    Man, all these "I would be able to draw/play music/speak a foreign language" posts

You can easily achieve this goal. Take lessons. None of these require some inborn talent, they're learned skills that just take time to develop.

You can seriously do any of these things. All it takes is effort.

True, though I'd argue it also takes real passion to put all that hard work in. The people that are all, "man I wish I could art well" are really just saying they don't have the passion and wish the ability would just fall into their laps.

Or you know they don't have the artistic nature to be truly good at it. Sure a lot of practice and I might be able to play a few songs on that shitty guitar in my old closet but I still probably won't be very good.

Artistic nature is just code for the drive, interest or desire to learn

talent is a lie. Some people get a head start due to some genetic wiring, others from being raised in an environment where this sort of work is encouraged, but seriously - anybody can learn to draw, paint or play guitar. It isn't some miracle that some people get and others don't. You may never be the single best in the entire world, but there is nothing preventing you from being entirely competent in whatever you pursue other then your willingness to work toward the goal.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Usagi wrote:
    Usagi wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    I wanna be a pirate

a space pirate

My spacepirate ship is currently accepting monkey applications
    Look, I know this is innuendo for something, but I don't really think I want to know what for

Man, what kind of spacepirateship do you think I'm running here?

is... is it your butt?

is your spacepirateship code for your butt?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote:
    Usagi wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    I wanna be a pirate

a space pirate

My spacepirate ship is currently accepting monkey applications
    Look, I know this is innuendo for something, but I don't really think I want to know what for

Man, what kind of spacepirateship do you think I'm running here?

is... is it your butt?

is your spacepirateship code for your butt?

Dammit

And I thought I was being so subtle

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Helmsman, bring Usagi's butt around 20 degrees to port!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    credit card with unlimited cash, a good pair of shoes, a free plane trip to seattle, a group of friends along with me.

we're gonna make it to key west on foot, experience zany adventures along the way, pick up members of our group looking for a purpose, and find true love/the meaning of friendship/stop a terrorist plot along the way.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    credit card with unlimited cash, a good pair of shoes, a free plane trip to seattle, a group of friends along with me.

we're gonna make it to key west on foot, experience zany adventures along the way, pick up members of our group looking for a purpose, and find true love/the meaning of friendship/stop a terrorist plot along the way.

edit: the best part is that this has been done and i could conceivably do this if i had others wanting to.

who is with me

dangit i meant to edit not double post

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg