As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Louie] I'll wait for you

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    brp

Atomika on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Wilfred mostly has lost me due to the character of Wilfred being an unlikable asshole.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I find myself amused by the bits of Wilfred I catch. I think im probably achieving max enjoyment out of the show by not watching it and just catching ending bits my DVR recorded before Louie coupled with commercials.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    That was both crushing and hilarious. It felt like it was over too soon.

PS: Louis CK is appearing on Letterman tonight.

• Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    I find Wilfred to be pretty amusing. I really like Elijah Wood's character in it.

Regarding Louie, I have to say that the scene where he's talking to the heckler is probably one of the best done scenes I saw on TV all last year. It was just...damn. Extremely well written and acted.

Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So I watched Wilfred tonight as well as Louie.

I found Wilfred to be really stale and unenjoyable. I won't say that I don't find Wilfred (the character) amusing, even if he is an unlikeable asshole. I will say that other than Wilfred, the writers of the show seem to have mistaken subtlety for blandness, and that I find no character other than Wilfred interesting in any way, shape or form.

However, Louie was pure genius, yet again. The idea of unrequited love is something that is well tread, especially in the comedy world. Again, however, Louie takes this topic, suberts all expectations, and creates a heartbreakingly amazing experience. I was laughing so hard when Louie was describing his dream, and at the same time felt so terribly when the feelings weren't returned.

The opening sequences at the restaurant was also absolutely amazing.

I think this episode may have pushed my opinion from "best comedy on tv" to "best show on tv".

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    So I watched Wilfred tonight as well as Louie...and that I find no character other than Wilfred interesting in any way, shape or form.

So much this. I find Frodo et al to be painfully ineffective. I pretty much only watch it for some saucy anthro gags (and how many wonderful grey rainbow jokes are there, really). I kind of feel they know this, the way they've been hanging each episode on a 4th character who's usually a guest star of some quality.
    However, Louie was pure genius, yet again. The idea of unrequited love is something that is well tread, especially in the comedy world. Again, however, Louie takes this topic, suberts all expectations, and creates a heartbreakingly amazing experience. I was laughing so hard when Louie was describing his dream, and at the same time felt so terribly when the feelings weren't returned.

The opening sequences at the restaurant was also absolutely amazing...

Last night's was especially excellent. The short subway sequence was, for me, a perfect distillation of what it was like living in New York, perfect.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my God. Louie's little fantasy about cleaning up that puddle with his sweater had me laughing hysterically. My family asked me what was wrong because I was gasping for air and had to pause the episode.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    Oh, that can only end well.

Erik
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I'm in.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    I fucking love this man and I fucking love this show at a level beyond that which mere words cannot express.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Bummer/Blueberries was really weird, but in a good way. I think you have to be in a certain mood.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    This episode was awesome.

• Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    This episode was painful to watch, and I meant that in a good way given the subject matter. I was crying at the TV "Oh, Louie, no!" very sincerely.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Seriously to go from an episode centered around Joan Rivers almost immediately to an episode about Dane Cooke?

My god, this man...

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I'm watching S1E9 right now, the bully one, and holy fuck that was almost unbearable. Goddamn.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Well that was excellent.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    So good as usual. I really like the direction the second season has taken, everything is so relatable, so close to the bone and so real.

Also, Bob Sagat for the win!

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I havent seen the dane cook episode. I love that its happening though. Cant help but win back some points with me for Dane. (who, despite all the hate he gets, actually had a really funny first special/album.)

I know what Im watching when I get home from work!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    The credits bit of that episode was amazing
    Bob Sagat will take any opportunity he can get.

• Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    I thought it was really impressive how this episode was able to portray two people who dislike each other over an issue, and neither one is shown as wrong and neither one apologizes but they both seem like valid ways to perceive the issue. It was very real and a brilliant contrast with the fake sitcom in the opening.

• Options
    That was hilarious. Watched it last night on the DVR. It was great.

Now Louis just needs to have Denis Leary on.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Just got renewed for a 3rd season.

Not a fan of Dane Cook at all, but I give him a lot of credit for doing the show.

• Options
    DasBootDasBoot Registered User regular
    Just got renewed for a 3rd season.

Not a fan of Dane Cook at all, but I give him a lot of credit for doing the show.

This is fantastic news, but I'm still shocked this show got a second season in the first place. Not because there's anything wrong with the show, it's fantastic, but it's too awesome and unlike anything out there right now to be allowed to survive. Huzzah to FX.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Little Game Blog - http://profundospielen.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Didn't he originally agree to do the show for 1/10th of what they were offering?

Newest episode was great. The sitcom at the start, all the way to the Dane Cook confrontation, and then the inevitable disappointment.

It did remind me once again of how godawful Lucky Louie was.

Still waiting for a line to beat out "What about Obama?"

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I really liked lucky louie. It was most good, and I don't really see the parallels to the sitcom show opening.

• Options
    In between "Lucky Louie" and "Louie", he did a pilot for a CBS show called "Saint Louie" that sounded from the descriptions (boorish but supposedly lovable husband with hot blonde wife) to be much more like the show being parodied in the sitcom opening in this episode than "Lucky Louie".

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    @stevemarks44 - just watched Louis C.K.'s stand-up special "Chewed Up". This guy is fucking genius. Great suggestion. Now, if only he could get his T.V. show onto a OTA channel, so I can watch it, without the censors going bonkers.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    @stevemarks44 - just watched Louis C.K.'s stand-up special "Chewed Up". This guy is fucking genius. Great suggestion. Now, if only he could get his T.V. show onto a OTA channel, so I can watch it, without the censors going bonkers.

actually not alot of censorable stuff in Louie I dont think

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    the fantasy of when he sops up the soda on the train was beautiful

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    The bum swap was my favorite random moment.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the fantasy of when he sops up the soda on the train was beautiful

Seriously. That actually made my heart hurt. Especially as someone who's been on the NYC subway so many times... it tugged all of my strings.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Page- wrote:
    Still waiting for a line to beat out "What about Obama?"

Had the radio on scan the other day, it locks on to some guy talking about private jets:

"... you know? And people aren't buying private jets anymore because of Obama! So..."

And then it cut off as the radio started looking for the next station.

I thought of this and laughed for a good minute.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Did anyone watch Wilfred tonight? What the fuck?

It's like the Jurassic Bark episode of futurama all over again.

• Options
    Wilfred is stupid.

Louie is hilarious.

The end of the first episode with the radio? I couldn't stop laughing.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Loved the elevator fantasy. I hate it when my libido gets writer's block.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    'There's like...zero dicks in there'

Not the best episode of the season, but this damn show is consistently entertaining and thoughtful. :lol:

• Options
    LOUIE C.K.
    COMEDIAN/MASTURBATOR

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It wasn't my favorite episode either, but I thought they did a great job casting the anti-masturbation spokeswoman. She had to seem preachy without appearing so condescending that you wouldn't want to have sex with her.

Was that final shot supposed
    to show that the whole bit with the woman from the support group to her hotel room was just another masturbation fantasy, though?

Like "It was all a dream," but with more shame and disgust?

Robos A Go Go on