As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halawit [chat]ina

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I'm p. irish, mate

Do you pronounce 'mate' more like 'meat'?
    get ye hence from my heath

Are you turning Scottish?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    SPOILER WAS THE SPOILER GUY THAT SPOILERED THE SPOILER AND THEN REDACTED SO THE SPOILER GOT REDACTED

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOILLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Wash wrote:
    A bird shit on me outside.

Right on my best hat.

Think I might stick to being a recluse.

I was in Mexico earlier this year.

Bird shit straight on my face.

I was just about to eat the biggest ice cream cone, too.

It was still a pretty good day, but all the same I didn't enjoy being shat upon.

When I was a waiter in Times Square, I had a Brit shit on my face. Just pulled down his pants and shat on me. He was all, "There's your tip."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    South host wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    ]Wait, why would masturbating cost you money?

Batteries aren't free, dude

This is why I don't want to buy sex toys, no matter how much my friend tries to convince me I should. I like masturbation being free.

AC adapter!

Sure, there are startup costs... and limited range... but you know... cheaper than batteries.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Wash wrote:
    A bird shit on me outside.

Right on my best hat.

Think I might stick to being a recluse.

Supposedly, that's good luck.

I really like that hat.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I started season 4 of trouble blood and now went back to finish s3. some pretty fucking awesome shit happens in the last few eps. I have 3 left I think. so good.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    Haha, ok god, that thread is complaining about obnoxious tourists? How about this, every Irish person ever will tip when we're in America if you guys quit with the "well, I'm 1/16th Irish on my mother's side and I suuuuuure am proud of my culture... Now where do I find me some leprechauns?" bullshit.

Really? That's your response? And you don't see how that entirely validates my point that foreigners will grasp at any excuse to be cheap tippers?
    If you're going to go on about "If you're visiting another country, you should at least familiarize yourself with some basic customs" then you should realise how awful American tourists are.

I don't deny that they are. Did I say that Americans get a free pass?

Strike 2. Please come up with an actually valid response. I'll wait.
    It suuuuure is implied from the whole "Here's something that Americans do and everyone else doesn't... especially these guys", but if you want to ignore that then that's a-ok.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I'm p. irish, mate

don't ye know irish when ye hear it

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    Haha, ok god, that thread is complaining about obnoxious tourists? How about this, every Irish person ever will tip when we're in America if you guys quit with the "well, I'm 1/16th Irish on my mother's side and I suuuuuure am proud of my culture... Now where do I find me some leprechauns?" bullshit.

Do comments like that stop you from paying your rent?

wat.

Not tipping American servers- especially when you know of the custom w.r.t. tipping in our country- is a shitty thing to do because it severely undercuts their income. Many servers can make substantially less than a worker at Burger King on a slow, stingy day. So while those Americans are obnoxious- and culturally ignorant buffoons are in every country- obnoxiousness doesn't exactly stop you from feeding and sheltering your family. It's kind of a weak complaint to put against the seriousness of making less than a living wage.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    ]Wait, why would masturbating cost you money?

Batteries aren't free, dude

This is why I don't want to buy sex toys, no matter how much my friend tries to convince me I should. I like masturbation being free.

AC adapter!

Sure, there are startup costs... and limited range... but you know... cheaper than batteries.

I wouldn't need power, just the startup cost.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I'm p. irish, mate

don't ye know irish when ye hear it

Needs moar potatoes.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Nerd, I will beat you up.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Even if you were broke

my

love

don't

cost

a

thing

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    you step to me, I bring the pain, white boy

• Options
    You heard it here first, folks. Feral is a cheap lover!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Jennifer Hale is the female trooper voice.

And suddenly I want to play a trooper

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I came home to my mom watching this movie called Normal with Tom Wilkinson playing a man who, deep into his middle-age finally comes out as a trans-woman, much to the surprise of his wife and two children. From what I saw of the end of it, it was really well done. Wilkinson's a pretty fine actor.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Tav wrote:
    It suuuuure is implied from the whole "Here's something that Americans do and everyone else doesn't... especially these guys", but if you want to ignore that then that's a-ok.

That implication? Yeah, pretty sure you're imagining that.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    I usually tip like 50% for haircuts

I am awful at haircuts

Right now I'm rocking a pretty short, unfuckuppable haircut (#2 on the back and sides, scissor cut an inch or two long on top), but yeah when I'm getting an even somewhat complex haircut I tip very well. I want a good relationship with the person who has huge input into how I look on a daily basis.

Also I request two shampoo'ings and I tip well to mitigate how much of a creep I am.
    the process for me goes as followed

1. "how do you want it" "EXACTLY LIKE THIS BUT SHORTER" "do you want-" "I DON'T KNOW" until she eventually works out some semblance of an idea which I will accept solely to end this conversation
    2. "should I use scissors or the clippers" "THE SCISSORS I GUESS" at which point I look back at my copious plumage and realize that may as well have commanded her to mow a lawn with said implement and that her hands are likely to be fucked up and pained at the conclusion of this arduous task
    3. I glower miserably into the mirror, responding to her small talk with single words and the occasional grunt until she gives up
    4. she asks if, finally, she is finished "DO IT MORE I NEED LESS HAIR"
    5. "how does it look" "OKAY, I GUESS"

at the conclusion of this mutually miserable ritual I am more or less inclined to thrust my wallet at her and and tell her to just take all of my money before I retreat to my cave

• Options
    Tav wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Tav wrote:

Really? That's your response? And you don't see how that entirely validates my point that foreigners will grasp at any excuse to be cheap tippers?
    If you're going to go on about "If you're visiting another country, you should at least familiarize yourself with some basic customs" then you should realise how awful American tourists are.

I don't deny that they are. Did I say that Americans get a free pass?

Strike 2. Please come up with an actually valid response. I'll wait.

In the context of eating in America, then yes, Americans are more prone to tipping other Americans than tourists from Europe. And since that is the context of my thread, my comments are 100% correct and fair. If we were talking about, I dunno, some annoying thing that Americans generally do in other countries, then my commentary might be different. But we're not. We're talking about what we're talking about.

Not everyone in America tips either. But I'm pointing out that foreigners not tipping is an actual problem that exists. You don't even seem to deny it. Your response was "oh that's because you people claim to be 1/16 Irish." Do I really need to point out to you how stupid that is?

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Man, Ceres should just put a "So you got dumped" sticky in the help thread, I realize people mostly just use those threads to vent, which is valuable, but at least with a sticky it might combat the tit for tat arguments that always erupt in those things over who's advice is more wrong.

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Even if you were broke

my

love

don't

cost

a

thing

that was a hot video. like sexy hot.

• Options
    I'm not even sure what your argument is, Tav. "Americans are annoying, so it's okay to be a dick in their country." That's how it sounds to me.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Jennifer Hale is the female trooper voice.

And suddenly I want to play a trooper

I really don't understand the love of Hale, she's a decent voice actress, but kind of like Blum, she does everything and most of the time its the same voice. At least blum occaisionally does "Steven Blum with a sore throat." There are definately more chameleon voice actors out there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

I am awful at haircuts

Right now I'm rocking a pretty short, unfuckuppable haircut (#2 on the back and sides, scissor cut an inch or two long on top), but yeah when I'm getting an even somewhat complex haircut I tip very well. I want a good relationship with the person who has huge input into how I look on a daily basis.

Also I request two shampoo'ings and I tip well to mitigate how much of a creep I am.

1. "how do you want it" "EXACTLY LIKE THIS BUT SHORTER" "do you want-" "I DON'T KNOW" until she eventually works out some semblance of an idea which I will accept solely to end this conversation
    2. "should I use scissors or the clippers" "THE SCISSORS I GUESS" at which point I look back at my copious plumage and realize that may as well have commanded her to mow a lawn with said implement and that her hands are likely to be fucked up and pained at the conclusion of this arduous task
    3. I glower miserably into the mirror, responding to her small talk with single words and the occasional grunt until she gives up

at the conclusion of this mutually miserable ritual I am more or less inclined to thrust my wallet at her and and tell her to just take all of my money before I retreat to my cave

I love you.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I have not gone somewhere outside of my home to get my hair cut in such a long time.

I am such a cheap bastard.

• Options
    Seems like TOR has a pretty decent range of memorable voice actors of the nerd cult variety. Shame there's no sign of Mark Hamill.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    haircuts are pretty hard, elendil

I always get mine too short

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    I hate getting my haircut ragggggggggggggggge

• Options
    Wil Wheaton is... The Sarlacc.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

I am awful at haircuts

I love you.

I totally did not recognize Elendil a few weeks ago when Thanatos was here, and it was because his hair was different.

When I figured it out, though, I totally made love to him.

• Options
    Now Mark Hamil there is a good voice chameleon. Also this song is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsox-MIKLkQ

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hm. Maybe Mark Hamil in a Star Wars game is too obvious, though...

• Options
    I've gotten pretty good at the #8 on top, fade to #4 on the sides self-cut once every month or two.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Mother's Day was the busiest day for us in our restaurant. Shortly after that, it got reeeaally slow, and it has been all summer (although it's starting to pick back up a bit).

But there were multiple times where I would come in and work a double (something like 9-10 hours) and leave with $25 in tips.

For those of you doing the math, when combined with the $2.15/hr the restaurant pays me, that's not even half of minimum wage.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

the joker will be in star wars? that sounds p. great

• Options
    Chanus wrote:
    I've gotten pretty good at the #8 on top, fade to #4 on the sides self-cut once every month or two.

Do you have a flowbe or whatever those things were that were like vaccum cleaners combined with hair cutters?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Steven Blum's Green Goblin in Spectacular Spiderman was goddamn amazing.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

Do you have a flowbe or whatever those things were that were like vaccum cleaners combined with hair cutters?

God, I wish.

Just clippers.

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

the joker will be in star wars? that sounds p. great

It's actually one tier higher than Jedi.

This discussion has been closed.