As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The End of the World is Nigh (and getting Nigher) (OOC)

14567810»

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, I wasn't sure if I needed a roll or not. Ritual itself doesn't need a roll, but I could always try and Bluff (I have it trained, naturally) into thinking it's real or some big threat.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    Razorwired wrote:
    I totally am, but let's at least pretend we don't wanna stab high-and-mighty nobles.

I'm down too, but mostly because he's got something really cool he's trying to scurry off with.

If we're aiming at the same target for completely different reasons that makes us friends now, right?

Sure!
    Heh, well the way Traugot's backstory is that he's not quite a "noble" but not quite a commoner. Meaning he's been both treated like crap and like a king by Nobles. Kind of gives him a bad taste in his mouth because of all the hypocrisy amongst them.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    On second thought I think I will defer to Kaz's bluff check because dear god.

Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yeah god forbid a giant mass of people not be worked into a stampeding frenzy.
    On a bridge.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    Yeah... I think I'm gonna be shoving some people out of the way here soon. Do I get xp if I cause them to be trampled by others? :mrgreen:

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    RazorwiredRazorwired Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    On second thought I think I will defer to Kaz's bluff check because dear god.

I've never had to convince a dragon that I was just the HVAC guy here to check the output on the fumaroles. But I like to be prepared.

• Options
    Welp, apparently the Compendium section on grabs is wrong. Grabs can now be performed while dazed or unable to take OAs. You need to be full on stunned or unable to take actions for you to not be able to grab now.

Thanks WoTC, that was nice that you updated one section on the compendium on grabs but not the more detailed Grabbed condition which still shows the old rules. *grumble*

Characters
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Would that have had much impact on our battle with the maw and the aetheropods?

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    wildwood wrote:

YES

Sorry it's been a busy couple of weeks. Back on schedule soon.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    Yea now I feel kind of shitty for the worm-monsters :(

Characters
  • Options
    wildwood wrote:

Mazda's At WIll Daze ability was why nobody was making saves to duck out of their grapple attacks. It's actually kinda huge.

• Options
    Well, I'm sure Aspen is grateful for the rules fuck-up. :)

• Options
    Should we go back and re-play it, and let the tiefling get eaten this time?

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    If I could hit the broad side of a barn, I can push them around far enough that saving throws would have mattered anyway.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Welp, apparently the Compendium section on grabs is wrong. Grabs can now be performed while dazed or unable to take OAs. You need to be full on stunned or unable to take actions for you to not be able to grab now.

Thanks WoTC, that was nice that you updated one section on the compendium on grabs but not the more detailed Grabbed condition which still shows the old rules. *grumble*

So if I'm woozy and barely able to walk, swing, AND grab my sword I can still hold on to you and attempt to hit you.
    The No AoO thing makes sense (Just because I can't take a pot shot at your buddy doesn't mean I can't grab you), but really? Not when Dazed?

• Options
    @razorwired Run! Run you fool!

• Options
    Next time I'm shapeshifting into a Kenyan...

• Options
    On the one hand, bunch of people just got trampled.

But on the bright side, least they didn't instead die to merchant guards!

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah, that went... well...

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    The end of the world is no picnic.

• Options
    So blowing half my starting cash on wine, cheese, a basket and set of candles was a bad idea?

• Options
    I'm starting to think that our goal as the heroes isn't to stop the end of the world, so much as to pick which way it dies...

But hold onto those, @Razorwired. There's bound to be a picnic or something after the end.

• Options
    I gather our next move is to continue on our way past that caravan?

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah, the palanquin is now immobile in the middle of the bridge, protected by the goliaths.

@Tiger Burning - is there room for us to get past them on the bridge? How tight a fit is it?

Who's our face man? Maybe one of Kaz's forms?

• Options
    If there's one thing Paladins are good for: Speeches.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    It's not a tight fit, but tight enough that if someone wants to fight, there will be a fight.

Tiger Burning on
  • Options
    I figure worst case scenario, we're walking behind incredibly slow palanquin handlers. Well, WORST case I'm gutting some Goliath guards. Best case they get the hell out of our way.

• Options
    Sorry, crazy busy day. I've been brewing a post though. I knew looking like an overfed upper to upper middle class old guy would come in handy.

• Options
    I'm either getting a cut of that purse or I am SO keeping Traugot's wallet.

• Options
    I will stab you 30 times.

Also I say we ignore the obvious plot thread girl.
    I want off this goddamn bridge.

• Options
    I'm okay with that. The only reason I haven't murdered her and stolen her identity is because I thought the good guys would get mad.