Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

American Tipsters

2456729

Posts

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Chanus wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    All I will say is that ever since the major pizza delivery companies (Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominos) moved their drivers to tip-credit positions, I've completely stopped getting pizza delivered. I really, strongly dislike compulsory tipping, and having worked with both drivers and servers, I find drivers to be far more pretentious about it.

    Which is great because they do a fraction of the work.

    False.

    Drivers do a LOT of work. Drivers answer phones, take orders, help top pizzas. Sometimes they catch and box pizzas from the oven. They also have a lot of side work, like folding boxes (not hard, but tedious), washing dishes, cleaning the floors. Some even actually make pizzas, start to finish (stretching the dough and everything).

    And they assume a higher risk, as well. If your car doesn't start, you can catch a ride or a cab to work, and you'll be fine. If a driver can't get their car to work, they can't work.

    This used to be balanced by reward. Drivers used to be able to make a LOT of money, by being efficient, friendly, and diligent. Drivers that were well trained at in-store tasks were also usually paid more, as well (I was). Now a lot of that risk has been mitigated, and customers are being slapped with delivery fees that make them less likely to tip.

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Well, maybe you've had good experiences in the past, but ended up getting a bad service from a waiter for one night. You want to come back in the future, so you feel pressured into tipping.

    It's not that hard to understand.

    I definitely don't feel this. Bad service is bad service and I have no issue leaving a bad tip at a place I like.

    Well, it's fine if you're not haunted by the specter of somebody's saliva ending up in your food next time. Some of us are troubled by this notion.

    Did this ever actually happen to you? A lot of people have an unreasonable phobia of a server spitting in their food. It just doesn't happen. It certainly COULD happen, sure. They could also rub their penis in your food. But it's not likely to happen.

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I mean, If I'm at a restaurant and the food is great, I want to thank the chef, you know. I want to go out of my way and say "This food is great". I can't really do that except at places where I actually know the chef personally.

    If the food is excellent the owner/manager is almost definitely aware of that and already ensuring the head cook is getting a good salary.

  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Also, I'm all but positive that there's a law somewhere (if only here in NC) that says that if your wage plus tips does not equal the regular minimum wage amount, your employer is required to pay you the difference.

    I will look for that later, unless somebody else knows what I'm talking about.
    That's not uncommon. Enforcement is hit or miss, though.

  • 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Drez wrote:

    But the chef is actually getting paid. I honestly don't know how much, but isn't it usually a bit more than minimum wage? Even at your standard Greek diner?

    And the wait staff are waiting on you. They are providing the direct service to you, which is why you tip them, not the chef.

    Yeah, but I mean, If I'm at a restaurant and the food is great, I want to thank the chef, you know. I want to go out of my way and say "This food is great". I can't really do that except at places where I actually know the chef personally.

    Okay, but that seems like a totally separate thing to me and has nothing to do with why you should tip your server.

    What do you mean? You tip your server when they give good service, right? You tip 'em to say "Hey, good job, I'm really satisfied", no?

  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    Well, maybe you've had good experiences in the past, but ended up getting a bad service from a waiter for one night. You want to come back in the future, so you feel pressured into tipping.

    It's not that hard to understand.

    I definitely don't feel this. Bad service is bad service and I have no issue leaving a bad tip at a place I like.

    Well, it's fine if you're not haunted by the specter of somebody's saliva ending up in your food next time. Some of us are troubled by this notion.

    Did this ever actually happen to you? A lot of people have an unreasonable phobia of a server spitting in their food. It just doesn't happen. It certainly COULD happen, sure. They could also rub their penis in your food. But it's not likely to happen.

    How would I know if it ever actually happened? Saliva isn't exactly easy to detect visually.

  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Also, I'm all but positive that there's a law somewhere (if only here in NC) that says that if your wage plus tips does not equal the regular minimum wage amount, your employer is required to pay you the difference.

    I will look for that later, unless somebody else knows what I'm talking about.

    It's federal law that you are legally guaranteed to be payed at least minimum wage.

    http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/wagestips.htm
    If the employee’s tips combined with the employer’s direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I find tipping silly because it's become compulsory. I certainly do tip because I know in the jobs that accept tips, they get a lower minimum wage, that's not exactly fair. I mean, really, what's the point of tipping when in practice, it means your meal cost 15% more than the price on your bill? I say raise the prices by 15%, give people in food service full minimum wage an i'll tip if I get great service, not because I feel obligated to.

    What would actually happen is prices would go up 15%, waiters' wages would remain stagnant, and the CEO of Olive Garden, Inc. would give himself a 15% bonus.


    As for complaining about foreigners not knowing to tip, well, I don't know, I don't really see how people who never had to tip in their life are expected to know about that weird practice.
    I must say that insistence that all tourists should be aware of American cultural norms is a bit much, especially when you see the behaviours of American tourists abroad.

    People traveling in foreign countries have a responsibility to acquaint themselves with the common practices of that country. Just because somebody else from my country littered on your streets doesn't give you license to litter on mine.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Yeah, but I mean, If I'm at a restaurant and the food is great, I want to thank the chef, you know. I want to go out of my way and say "This food is great". I can't really do that except at places where I actually know the chef personally.

    If the food is excellent the owner/manager is almost definitely aware of that and already ensuring the head cook is getting a good salary.

    Yeah, maybe, but I still want to say good job somehow, you know? I mean, I assume whoever cooked my meal would like knowing It exceeded my expectations, no?

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    I must say that insistence that all tourists should be aware of American cultural norms is a bit much, especially when you see the behaviours of American tourists abroad.

    I doubt you'll see anyone on this board excusing Americans acting shitty in other countries.
    Well, it's fine if you're not haunted by the specter of somebody's saliva ending up in your food next time. Some of us are troubled by this notion.

    Eh. I spent six years working in restaurants, and many more before that when my mom would sit me in the back somewhere, and never saw anything close to this sort of behavior.

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    All I will say is that ever since the major pizza delivery companies (Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominos) moved their drivers to tip-credit positions, I've completely stopped getting pizza delivered. I really, strongly dislike compulsory tipping, and having worked with both drivers and servers, I find drivers to be far more pretentious about it.

    Which is great because they do a fraction of the work.

    False.

    Drivers do a LOT of work. Drivers answer phones, take orders, help top pizzas. Sometimes they catch and box pizzas from the oven. They also have a lot of side work, like folding boxes (not hard, but tedious), washing dishes, cleaning the floors.

    And they assume a higher risk, as well. If your car doesn't start, you can catch a ride or a cab to work, and you'll be fine. If a driver can't get their car to work, they can't work.

    This used to be balanced by reward. Drivers used to be able to make a LOT of money, by being efficient, friendly, and diligent. Now a lot of that risk has been mitigated, and customers are being slapped with delivery fees that make them less likely to tip.

    I was being somewhat sarcastic... which I understand wouldn't necessarily translate.

    I agree the "delivery fees" are horseshit, and really have absolutely nothing to do with the cost of delivery by any practical definition. I still do tend to tip delivery drivers less than I would a waiter or bartender, though, just because I know they make minimum wage or more already... in Virginia, waiters and bartenders make $2.15/hr, and some can even make less than that, whereas delivery drivers make minimum wage or better and get a gas stipend, aside from their tips.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    EWom wrote:
    Shit the only way I'm going to tip a stripper is if she does something extra special.
    15% is customary, there's no reason it should go up to 18% or 20%. The cost of living increase already went up on % based tips, as it goes up every time the price of goods/service go up.

    I think not tipping a stripper can actually get you ganked in most strip clubs. They call her Stiletto for a reason.

    I think you might misunderstand. You put money at the "rail" to get them to come over and show you their stuff, you pay straight up, set amounts for lap dances. That's the stuff you pay, to get what you want. The money you put on the rail is directly related to how bad you want to see her vagina, and for how long. If you put up a dollar, expect a little boobie shakin', if you put up lots of dollars, she better give you a little more. To pay extra on top of a lap dance? That's ridiculous, unless, like I said, she makes it better than a regular lap dance.

    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I must say that insistence that all tourists should be aware of American cultural norms is a bit much, especially when you see the behaviours of American tourists abroad.

    I'm not defending American tourists here. That is a separate issue. That Americans violate cultural norms abroad doesn't invalidate my criticism of Europeans that don't tip here.

    And regarding this specific custom, like 1/3 of what you do when you go to another country is eat. And sometimes drink, depending on who you are with. It makes sense to do some minimal research on some basic customs of American eating habits when you'll be spending 1/3 of your time doing that on your holiday. I'm willing to be that many if not all travel guides make mention of the custom.

    Drez on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I tip exactly like Drez does.

    Addendum: barbers. I give mine 50%.

    Also, when I was eating in local establishments in Egypt I would tip at 100% or more. And the touristy joints back at a regular 20%.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Yeah, but I mean, If I'm at a restaurant and the food is great, I want to thank the chef, you know. I want to go out of my way and say "This food is great". I can't really do that except at places where I actually know the chef personally.

    If the food is excellent the owner/manager is almost definitely aware of that and already ensuring the head cook is getting a good salary.

    Yeah, maybe, but I still want to say good job somehow, you know? I mean, I assume whoever cooked my meal would like knowing It exceeded my expectations, no?

    Tell the waiter. Seriously. I told the cooks any time customers sent their compliments to the chef. They loved hearing someone thought it was one of their best meals ever.

  • UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    Again, in many restaurants servers are expected to share their tips with the cooks - the cook will benefit from your tipping the server generously.

    If you want to thank the cook / chef, ask to speak to them personally, or leave the tip with the manager with instructions that it only goes to the kitchen (and hope to God the manager doesn't just pocket it).

    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    I tip exactly like Drez does.

    Addendum: barbers. I give mine 50%.

    Also, when I was eating in local establishments in Egypt I would tip at 100% or more. And the touristy joints back at a regular 20%.

    I wonder if I'm tipping less than I should at my barber. I rarely spend more than $15 on a haircut and I always just give them $5. Maybe I should do more...

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    Yeah, but I mean, If I'm at a restaurant and the food is great, I want to thank the chef, you know. I want to go out of my way and say "This food is great". I can't really do that except at places where I actually know the chef personally.

    If the food is excellent the owner/manager is almost definitely aware of that and already ensuring the head cook is getting a good salary.

    Yeah, maybe, but I still want to say good job somehow, you know? I mean, I assume whoever cooked my meal would like knowing It exceeded my expectations, no?

    Tell the waiter. Seriously. I told the cooks any time customers sent their compliments to the chef. They loved hearing someone thought it was one of their best meals ever.

    Yeah, and it's not like the servers mind. A lot of them are happy to hear good things about the establishment they work for.

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    I've never actually had to tip cooks. Just bussers and bar tenders at some restaurants.

  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I generally tip waiters whatever round number is above double the tax (which is 8.5% here), for convenience. So typically in the 18-20% range, I guess. Unless it is very obvious that the waiter is directly responsible for something that went wrong with my meal, I only tip based on his courtesy. I also don't punish them for honest mistakes, provided they do their best to resolve it. Mix-ups happen, it's all about how you address them. Unless my drink is sitting there unfilled and I can see the waiter lounging on his ass chatting with his buddies, or something like that, it's all about attitude.

    I never know how much to tip folks like hair stylists. I go to cheap-ass places like Supercuts. Assuming they don't completely fuck up, I give them a couple bucks. I have never had anyone spit on my head, so I assume this is okay.

    And yeah, I don't tip places like Starbucks. It just feels weird. I either wind up giving them something like a 40% tip on my order (and coffee is expensive enough as-is), or I wind up giving them a couple dimes, which seems almost insulting. (And I rarely carry cash, anyway.)

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ah American tipping practices. I still remember when we went out to dinner with a large portion of my extended family (of the branch that mainly immigrated to the US/Canada) that had come over to the Netherlands, on the tab of my (quite wealthy) great-uncle. We spent in the region of €600. He tipped €150 without batting an eyelash. My grandfather really looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't.
    There was some talk back home about differences in culture after that though.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    I still do tend to tip delivery drivers less than I would a waiter or bartender, though, just because I know they make minimum wage or more already... in Virginia, waiters and bartenders make $2.15/hr, and some can even make less than that, whereas delivery drivers make minimum wage or better and get a gas stipend, aside from their tips.

    Not anymore
    Papa John's reduced the driver wage to $3.00 per hour while driving and $7.25 in store. This combines to an average of $4.15 per hour because drivers are mostly outside. With their $2.00 hidden delivery fee, there are less tips for the drivers and only one order per run.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Okay... now, what's up with barbers? I tip my barbers, but I gotta say, I don't understand it.

    With waiters, they're the lowest paid of the restaurant staff. They're at the bottom of the food chain, and they rely on their tips. They don't get paid good wages like the cooks and management.

    But barbers... they're the only ones in the barbershop. They aren't being lorded over by anyone, they're the entire staff of the barbershop. So why do barbers need tips?

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    I still do tend to tip delivery drivers less than I would a waiter or bartender, though, just because I know they make minimum wage or more already... in Virginia, waiters and bartenders make $2.15/hr, and some can even make less than that, whereas delivery drivers make minimum wage or better and get a gas stipend, aside from their tips.

    Not anymore
    Papa John's reduced the driver wage to $3.00 per hour while driving and $7.25 in store. This combines to an average of $4.15 per hour because drivers are mostly outside. With their $2.00 hidden delivery fee, there are less tips for the drivers and only one order per run.

    Oh, that's fucked up.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Drez wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    I tip exactly like Drez does.

    Addendum: barbers. I give mine 50%.

    Also, when I was eating in local establishments in Egypt I would tip at 100% or more. And the touristy joints back at a regular 20%.

    I wonder if I'm tipping less than I should at my barber. I rarely spend more than $15 on a haircut and I always just give them $5. Maybe I should do more...

    No, that's fine. I think of my barber tipping as outbidding other clients and building a better relationship with my barber, which works well for me because oft-times I'll have weird requests, and time demands. Being a regular and a high tipper works well in those situations.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    man, I don't eat out a lot, unless I'm with family, and most of the time, its you know, my dad or uncle covering the tip, and so I figure the wealthy lawyer can handle it. I haven't actually waited tables, but I was a busboy at a very nice restaurant, but I was a busboy at a fancy restaurant for a few summers. The waiters weren't making the 2.15 that the state allowed, they got nominal minimum wage plus tips. I understand their struggle, but I wish they would not try to complain about it to the bus staff. "Oh, I only got 250 bucks tonight." sure that may not have been what you expect, but that was pretty much 40 hours of work for me.

    When I do go out and cover the check, I usually tip 18-20% usually rounded up a bit because I usually pay in cash. Haircuts, I usually go to super cheap places, and usually just give them a 20. Normally works out to be 16+%. I can't remember the last time I took a cab, and I always pick up pizza or food rather than get it delivered.

    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm gonna saaaay ... over 160 launches attempted worldwide in 2019. Someone record that somewhere!
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    I still do tend to tip delivery drivers less than I would a waiter or bartender, though, just because I know they make minimum wage or more already... in Virginia, waiters and bartenders make $2.15/hr, and some can even make less than that, whereas delivery drivers make minimum wage or better and get a gas stipend, aside from their tips.

    Not anymore
    Papa John's reduced the driver wage to $3.00 per hour while driving and $7.25 in store. This combines to an average of $4.15 per hour because drivers are mostly outside. With their $2.00 hidden delivery fee, there are less tips for the drivers and only one order per run.

    Oh, that's fucked up.

    Yeah, they did that back in...2008. Then Pizza Hut and Dominos followed close behind. Yeah, drivers are getting fucked at both ends, by their own employers, and the result is drivers are making less money and becoming total assholes about it.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    I've never actually had to tip cooks. Just bussers and bar tenders at some restaurants.

    Yeah, it varies. The restaurant I spent the most time at, it was completely expected and pretty much automated. When I worked filling to-go orders instead of serving, the cooks would fuck my orders up constantly since I was told by management to keep all tips earned working that station.

    Working in a restaurant is like the worst of office politics except the caliber of people is somehow generally worse.

    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    You still haven't tipped me, Drez. Gonna have to pee in your in-box now.

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Yeah, they did that back in...2008. Then Pizza Hut and Dominos followed close behind. Yeah, drivers are getting fucked at both ends, by their own employers, and the result is drivers are making less money and becoming total assholes about it.

    Well, I can't say I entirely blame them.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Also wow, and here I almost wanted to work for Dominoes.

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    I've never actually had to tip cooks. Just bussers and bar tenders at some restaurants.

    Yeah, it varies. The restaurant I spent the most time at, it was completely expected and pretty much automated. When I worked filling to-go orders instead of serving, the cooks would fuck my orders up constantly since I was told by management to keep all tips earned working that station.

    Working in a restaurant is like the worst of office politics except the caliber of people is somehow generally worse.

    In ten years as a chef, I never got tip-shared except on singular occasions, like a catering gig.

    I'm gonna go beat up a lot of waitstaff, now.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    Yeah, they did that back in...2008. Then Pizza Hut and Dominos followed close behind. Yeah, drivers are getting fucked at both ends, by their own employers, and the result is drivers are making less money and becoming total assholes about it.

    Well, I can't say I entirely blame them.

    Granted, but the problem is that most of the ones I've known have stopped being very good at their job, as a result, and since they no longer look and act as professional and friendly as they used to, they're not making as much tip money as they could (even factoring in the delivery fee, which reportedly doesn't hurt the tip as much as drivers think/say it does).

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    I've never actually had to tip cooks. Just bussers and bar tenders at some restaurants.

    Yeah, it varies. The restaurant I spent the most time at, it was completely expected and pretty much automated. When I worked filling to-go orders instead of serving, the cooks would fuck my orders up constantly since I was told by management to keep all tips earned working that station.

    Working in a restaurant is like the worst of office politics except the caliber of people is somehow generally worse.

    In ten years as a chef, I never got tip-shared except on singular occasions, like a catering gig.

    I'm gonna go beat up a lot of waitstaff, now.

    I have to say, I've never actually worked in a restaurant or a bar, but Ultimanecat's posts are the first I've ever heard of tipping out a cook.

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Actually I think I did tip cooks at one place which had similar circumstances to Chanus's. Sometimes with large groups they'd do all you can eat and usually there'd be two servers and a cook dedicated just to them. Usually the servers would toss cash to the cook so long as the pizzas and whatever kept coming out at a decent pace.

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    Yeah, they did that back in...2008. Then Pizza Hut and Dominos followed close behind. Yeah, drivers are getting fucked at both ends, by their own employers, and the result is drivers are making less money and becoming total assholes about it.

    Well, I can't say I entirely blame them.

    Granted, but the problem is that most of the ones I've known have stopped being very good at their job, as a result, and since they no longer look and act as professional and friendly as they used to, they're not making as much tip money as they could (even factoring in the delivery fee, which reportedly doesn't hurt the tip as much as drivers think/say it does).

    Yeah, I know it's just my anecdote, but I didn't start tipping less once the delivery fees started... though that's also because I knew they were bullshit and the drivers didn't see a dime of them.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    Actually I think I did tip cooks at one place which had similar circumstances to Chanus's. Sometimes with large groups they'd do all you can eat and usually there'd be two servers and a cook dedicated just to them. Usually the servers would toss cash to the cook so long as the pizzas and whatever kept coming out at a decent pace.

    Yeah, those are the times I've had it happen... like if there's a chef station out on the floor, carving meat or to-order pasta or whatever... but not as a regular service thing with the cooks back in the kitchen.

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I think a lot of people would agree that the tipping situation in the US sucks - people argue about the details, but no-one seems to think it's a groovy thing.

    So my question would be - is it ever likely to change? How might it change? Is there anything people can do to get it to change?

    Because it would be great if normal people doing a normal job got paid in the normal way.

    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Also if you aren't good looking then there's a good chance you'll get even less tips. Sad, but true.

  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck the search for the means to put an end to things an end to speech is what enables the discourse to continue ~ * ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) excelsior * ~Registered User regular
    I tip absurdly high in the US just because I'm obviously English and consequently they don't expect it. It's like trolling with money.

    obF2Wuw.png
Sign In or Register to comment.