Options

[PATV] Checkpoint ep. 12 - 3DSadness

2»

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    to be fair this one isn't the same slight tweak as the lite, i, or iXL were

that said I doubt the general public really gets that

The average soccer mom has no clue what the difference between the 3DS and every previous model is.

• Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

The average soccer mom has no clue what the 3DS is.

Fixed that for you.

Seriously. Until a Mario Game comes out, or Christmas time hits? Most people don't know the thing exists.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote:
    Are we allowed to offer constructive criticism of the show in this thread?

Some of the lines seem very forced. They strike me as the kind of thing that works in a lengthy blog post rant, but that doesn't necessarily translate so well to the screen. If nothing else, the delivery could be a little more deliberate (read: slower). It just comes across as a lot of reading-from-the-teleprompter, and while I understand there's really no way to have it look like anything else, making it seem a little more natural couldn't hurt.

Just my two cents.

We are always open to constructive criticism!

The issue of "natural" vs "read it super dry like a newsreader" comes up a lot, and it seems there are two different types of people, each who prefers their fake news show in a slightly different way. We're always trying to hit that sweet spot - dry enough so we don't look like we're winking at the camera, and animated enough so it's engaging and natural.

It also depends on the kind of news and jokes we have. Sometimes you can do a lot more 'acting' (for lack of a better word) without breaking the flow of the show. I think this week's show (episode 13) might be more up your alley. Thanks for the feedback. We are listening and always striving to improve!

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    My two cents: I think you folks have done a great job of finding your voice with this. It's not the Daily Show, it's not the Onion, it's not Colbert. It's Checkpoint.

It's not so much that I don't see any areas for improvement, more that I think you've hammered out the weak points. Well... that analogy doesn't really work, hammering out weak points, but you know what I mean.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

The average soccer mom has no clue what the difference between the 3DS and every previous model is.

that's what i said alright!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Honestly, aside from 'it has 3D!' neither do I.

And I'd say that's 100 percent Nintendo's fault.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Well there was the graphics being increased by a bunch, a thumbstick, and screen size being increased again. The only thing you could ask for is increased battery life (and video games to go with it too)

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

that's what i said alright!

Yes, and I was agreeing with it, or rather amplifying it a bit.

This discussion has been closed.