As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragons Nest] New Nexon MMO Open Beta starts today!

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Morvidus wrote:
    Riale wrote:
    What does the extractor give you, anyway? Anything useful?

The extractor gives currency to buy geodes, and sometimes geodes themselves.

Geodes allow you to add + modifiers to your equipment, without the risk of destroying them. Need about 50 of the dusts to get the first ones.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    When will it be back up!? Arghargrhr!!!

So there's supposed to be some kind of thing for logging in every day? I'm not seeing it though, I'm also a little confused about how to do the events.

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    F87 wrote:
    When will it be back up!? Arghargrhr!!!

5 Hours Website says, 4ish AM EST

The daily thing is you get some Cash Shop Currency for logging in every day. Not sure if you have to be logged in when they give it out or just have been online that day.

• GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    You get 1000 scales per day for the first week I believe plus 5000 for being on the first day. They will go poof when Open Beta ends but the items you buy with them won't so make sure to spend them before OB ends. You also are supposed to get a pair of dragon wings if you do 3 dungeons ever day of the OB but it's not to clear if it's just 3 runs or 3 different dungeons.

steam_sig.png
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    Man, I went to watch Thundercats and come back to down servers.

HOUR WELL SPENT!
    THUNDERCATS, HO!!!!!!!

Um... I've been logging on every day since the 28th and have no kind of NX currency? :(

Arthil wrote:
    Um... I've been logging on every day since the 28th and have no kind of NX currency? :(

Check your Shop Tab, should have a bunch of Scales in the lower irght hand side. below Nix Credits.

edited July 2011
    It won't be NX but Scales, basically a Dragon nest only version that they will probably end up handing out for events and contests and stuff like that. I don't think you can see it on the website, only from the in-game Dragon Vault.

Edit : Beat'd , Really miss the preview option.

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    so...what can you buy with scales.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
    Currently everything in the store (what little there is). Prices are in NX but scales are a 1:1 ratio. Did read somewhere that there might be some items that can't be bought with them but everything in OB seams to be able to be purchased.

steam_sig.png
    Thing is I have no idea what is even worth buying.

edited July 2011
    I might just get a ton of potions, the health and mana ones restore 30% of your max. The Resealing stamps things are also nice, epic items bind to you when equipped but those let you reseal the item so they are tradeable again. There is a few Beginner packs that have Potions, Resealing items, and a few other Misc things like the little birds that let you send zone wide messages. Not sure if it's worth getting them over just buying a ton of potions, probably not. Either way I would wait til Just before OB ends before buying to make sure they don't add anything else like skill reset scrolls (So easy to mess up your skill build and miss out on important things if you just try and max everything).

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just want more bag/storage space

Why won't they sell me that outside of the bundles

Do the Bundles even have that? I must have missed them.. I'd imagine it's because they want people to spend cash on them after launch rather then buying it with free scales.

steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The beginners package plus and premium come with 5 extra bag and storage slots.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll likely end up buying the cheaper one then spend the rest on hp potions. They have already saved my ass a couple of times on some solo abyss runs.

steam_sig.png
    When exactly does the OB end?

August 9th is the last day, not sure what time exactly but they will probably take the servers down somewhat close to midnight then bring them back up a later the next day for release.

steam_sig.png
    Oh excellent, got plenty of time to get to 24 then and earn all the free stuff.

I suggest buying a lot of Approval Stamps. They unbind items like Reset Stones and gear you replaced so you can sell them in the market.

I've made ~400g in reset stones alone.

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    reset stones? do you mean the sparks that reset hidden abilities, or some other item I'm not aware of?

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    Yeah, sparks. Damn asian MMOs and their weird names.

huh, I had no idea those were worth a ton. I already used a few to reroll some terrible hidden abilities. Maybe next time I'll use a few of those stamps and see if I can't make some cash.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Got Acrobat tonight. It is like weird, psychotic juggle-silk-death-dance.

It is enjoyable. Pew pew.

steam_sig.png
    Priest is crazy. Just soloed the manticore on abyss. THE MANTICORE!!!

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So far I've rolled a warrior. Really having a blast with it. It just feels more polished than your average korean mmo, heh.

Lotta fun but good lord do you have to be careful, been playing with a Sharpshooter and the Sharpshooter has much more survivability since they can stay out of mob range.

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    I am in as Phosgene, the archer.

Who-Psyd wrote:

Lotta fun but good lord do you have to be careful, been playing with a Sharpshooter and the Sharpshooter has much more survivability since they can stay out of mob range.

I have found this to be painfully true. Having to be point blank with just about everything is pretty painful. Least I can Cammy drill kick my way out of danger!

steam_sig.png
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    starting to really run out of room. I think it's time to sell some of these onyx fragments. -_-

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    how do you choose a specialization

PiptheFair wrote:
    how do you choose a specialization

Your skill trainer will give you a quest at level 15.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2011
    I'm somewhat jealous of all your fancy acrobatic kicks and tumbles but I do so love my sharpshooter and all her wonderful ways to deal death at long range. I'm just sad I won't get rain of arrows til 32 because that thing looks so awesome.

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
    If its any consolation, I can steamroll bosses like mad, but actually grinding through stages is a chore. I can see it only getting worse. My tolerance of trash mobs is very low. Its a bit of a shame that I'll probably start leveling much slower than pretty much every other job because of my lack of any real AoE. Oh well. it's fun to take down master+ level bosses in only a minute.

steam_sig.png
    Cleric Block is a little OP. Any huge massive super ultra mega boss attack is completely avoided.

If its any consolation, I can steamroll bosses like mad, but actually grinding through stages is a chore. I can see it only getting worse. My tolerance of trash mobs is very low. Its a bit of a shame that I'll probably start leveling much slower than pretty much every other job because of my lack of any real AoE. Oh well. it's fun to take down master+ level bosses in only a minute.

It gets a bit better with Marionette, you can group a large chunk of mobs to be hit by what little range Acro AOEs have.

Morvidus wrote:
    Cleric Block is a little OP. Any huge massive super ultra mega boss attack is completely avoided.

The only problem is that it can interrupt abilities if you're not careful, wasting them and putting them on cooldown.

Otherwise, yes, it's super awesome, and Paladin gets abilities to passively block as well, and abilities that allow you to block any number of attacks during the duration and reflect damage back. So nice.

So I'm pretty quickly approaching 24. From the sound of things, they won't be raising the level cap upon release. They're just adding PvP. If they don't add any new areas within a few weeks of release, I wonder how many people will burn out? With how easy it is to hit 24, I can't see myself sticking around real long once I've gotten a few characters up there.

33c9nxz.gif